Monster Hunter Rise

8 hours ago, ReverendVerse said:

Is there a centralized place for NSFW modding for Monster Hunter World/Rise? I seem to remember a Discord server, but it got nuked apparently. I'm willing to make a Discord if that is easier for people? I made one for Cyberpunk, but damn, modding interest in that game just isn't there. 

nope, but theres the main discord, plus nexus where you can also get some help… i made a mod myself without knowing anything about modding - not from scratch though, but still it was fun getting it done. but i have AHD and overall you have no idea how stressful this all is for me, importing, exporting, extracting, etc (i tried all that but gave up quickly)  even a "simple" mod can be a lot of work. 

thats besides  i think blender is really a bit of a pos and totally user unfriendly, they dont even have pop ups to explain the basic functions, you have to look up every little thing… i get that the functionality is good and im grateful it exists but accessability is a pure nightmare.

That said i wasn't really interested in Rise, Im also not sure about the performance, the demo was so-so iirc, but now that Im seeing some mods my interest suddenly rises a bit (no pun intended lol)

13 hours ago, Dyster said:

There was one a while back i used to help run as a moderator and briefly as an admin. And in general being one of the overall teachers and supporters to help people get into modding with the resource pack and overall guidence to newcomers.

However yea, i went on to continue focusing on my work and studies and the other admins wanted to continue with their things and pursue other things given the server started being less active as interest in MHW faded.
So there is no NSFW server anymore. there is a channel in the overall MHW modding server but they are a bit anti NSFW there.

Fuck it. I'm going to make one for Rise and also World (even though I think the mod scene is winding down a bit, but still have a place for it). The current modding server, you're right, they're kind of anti-NSFW. I feel like we have the one channel more as a containment zone than anything else. I was pretty active in the previous server before it was killed off unfortunately.

I'll share the invite link once I got it setup. You can be an admin if you want, simply because you're doing a lot of the trail blazing as of right now. I wouldn't expect you to actually admin the server though if you didn't want to. I've reached out to 00dude00 a few days ago, and considered reaching out to Ubergrainy too, if only to see if there was some interest.

Edited by ReverendVerse

I posted on the old discord a little bit before it was nuked and I think one of the things about it that really hurt user retention was that they disallowed "similar content" from being shared in their image section and it had to be wrapped up in something like an imgur album. The issue with that though was that if you made a major change to something you were working on you weren't allowed to post it, you had to go update your album, but if that was several days ago then it just never got seen. I kind of understand that it helps prevent a couple of people from spamming the board with large photosets, but it was really unfriendly from both a content sharing perspective and if you just wanted to scroll through and look at other people's screenshots since there was so rarely anything "new" being posted, you just spent most of your time going back and rechecking people's albums. I don't know, just letting people post their stuff if they want seems to work fine on the Skyrim and Fallout boards here and on the Illusion discord so I really don't see what the big deal was.

Personally I'm not a big fan of discord in general though. I think it's kind of an oxymoron to call it "centralised" when it's impossible to search for modding resources and discussion for new stuff anymore because it's always hidden on some discord server somewhere that you need to find the invite for first. Discord content doesn't show up in google search results, so unless you know it exists it doesn't exist. A good example is FF XIV: I saw a few mods for that game on nexus, but it seemed kind of dead until I stumbled across a link to XIV Mod Archive in a random discussion, which is a mostly NSFW modding site where all the body mods live but you can't log into until you join their discord.

TLDR; Discord is kind of killing NSFW modding in my personal opinion.

Edited by TheOniNinja

It was more so that some spent 10 hours working on a mod and another hour taking a photoshoot and selected the best photo to showcase it all.
Only for it to kinda get drowned out immedietly due to a lot of photos being shared of basically 2 angles of the same thing.

I'm all for people sharing photos and such but there has to be some sort of limitation to stuff like that otherwise it only kinda serves to benefit a specific group that enjoy mass posting rather than everyone.

Not to mention moderating the channel when there was basically 20s of photos coming in at the same time was pretty rough.

Edited by Dyster

yeah im pretty persistently scouring a bunch of places for adult modding terms because sometimes theres just a guy on twitter by themselves making mods with less than 100 followers or someone on a japanese forum post or something. despite the "centralized" internet, adult content is pretty fragmented for a number of reasons.

1 hour ago, TheOniNinja said:

I posted on the old discord a little bit before it was nuked and I think one of the things about it that really hurt user retention was that they disallowed "similar content" from being shared in their image section and it had to be wrapped up in something like an imgur album. The issue with that though was that if you made a major change to something you were working on you weren't allowed to post it, you had to go update your album, but if that was several days ago then it just never got seen. I kind of understand that it helps prevent a couple of people from spamming the board with large photosets, but it was really unfriendly from both a content sharing perspective and if you just wanted to scroll through and look at other people's screenshots since there was so rarely anything "new" being posted, you just spent most of your time going back and rechecking people's albums. I don't know, just letting people post their stuff if they want seems to work fine on the Skyrim and Fallout boards here and on the Illusion discord so I really don't see what the big deal was.

Personally I'm not a big fan of discord in general though. I think it's kind of an oxymoron to call it "centralised" when it's impossible to search for modding resources and discussion for new stuff anymore because it's always hidden on some discord server somewhere that you need to find the invite for first. Discord content doesn't show up in google search results, so unless you know it exists it doesn't exist. A good example is FF XIV: I saw a few mods for that game on nexus, but it seemed kind of dead until I stumbled across a link to XIV Mod Archive in a random discussion, which is a mostly NSFW modding site where all the body mods live but you can't log into until you join their discord.

TLDR; Discord is kind of killing NSFW modding in my personal opinion.

I understand what you're saying, not sure I agree 100%, but I get what you're saying. As far being a repository or a site that catalog mods like Nexus, Discord is terrible for that. I just find Discord easier to use for communication, especially among other modders, as opposed to discussion happening on various forums, or even just comments on a mod page itself.

Edited by ReverendVerse
2 hours ago, TheOniNinja said:

...A good example is FF XIV: I saw a few mods for that game on nexus, but it seemed kind of dead until I stumbled across a link to XIV Mod Archive in a random discussion, which is a mostly NSFW modding site where all the body mods live but you can't log into until you join their discord.

About the Mod Archive, I though the same about the login system, until...

ff14.png.9d016707b40cc2229eae7a42f5298ba9.png

Edited by Kargrin
4 hours ago, Dyster said:

It was more so that some spent 10 hours working on a mod and another hour taking a photoshoot and selected the best photo to showcase it all.
Only for it to kinda get drowned out immedietly due to a lot of photos being shared of basically 2 angles of the same thing.

I'm all for people sharing photos and such but there has to be some sort of limitation to stuff like that otherwise it only kinda serves to benefit a specific group that enjoy mass posting rather than everyone.

Not to mention moderating the channel when there was basically 20s of photos coming in at the same time was pretty rough.

That's fair, but it's also a good part of why the server died. There's only so much you can do with Monster Hunter, it's not like Skyrim or Honey Select where you can create a new character every weekend and do things with props and stuff.

Just speaking from my own experience, I posted two photosets with the modifications I made to the bone and nargacuga armour sets I use and that was all the content I had to contribute. I did a bunch more photosets with different scenarios and weapon poses, but they all went into albums which never got viewed.

So unless everyone is a power user doing a new armour set every other day eventually everyone else runs out of content. Then instead of a couple of power users drowning out everyone else it ended up with the same couple of power users being the only ones occasionally posting anything, and posting a lot less content when they did. By the time I stopped following the server there were stretches of days between anything being posted at all.

The Honey Select discord server has a similar issue with a lot of the content coming from a few regular users, but since discord starts you where you left off before the unread stuff it's not hard to scroll past anything that isn't interesting.

4 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

yeah im pretty persistently scouring a bunch of places for adult modding terms because sometimes theres just a guy on twitter by themselves making mods with less than 100 followers or someone on a japanese forum post or something. despite the "centralized" internet, adult content is pretty fragmented for a number of reasons.

That sucks too, but at least it's still findable. I've managed to find obscure Skyrim armour mods or Mugen characters on twitter and on some japanese file uploaders before just by translating search terms with google translate and searching.

Discord is uniquely awful because servers aren't indexed anywhere so you can't search for anything unless you're already on the server. If you want help with Skyrim modding you can find LoversLab or Nexus help sections, and usually an answer for your issue, just with a google search. When I was learning how to mod Monster Hunter I had to search for a link to the server on Reddit first and hope there weren't a dozen different ones (There are, but only one is actually active).

3 hours ago, ReverendVerse said:

I understand what you're saying, not sure I agree 100%, but I get what you're saying. As far being a repository or a site that catalog mods like Nexus, Discord is terrible for that. I just find Discord easier to use for communication, especially among other modders, as opposed to discussion happening on various forums, or even just comments on a mod page itself.

I actually feel the opposite about communication. For the reasons I mentioned above, I hate how if I want to talk about a certain aspect of a game or discuss modding, I first have to find what server that discussion is likely taking place on and then locate the right topic.

I also hate when you get the discord notification noise there's no indication of where it came from, so you have to go check every unread channel in every server to see if it's relevant or else mute everything but the channels you're interested in.

Maybe I'm just old-man-yelling-at-clouds, but I like forums where every discussion is easy to find with any search engine and you can just follow the topics you want to receive notifications from when there are updates. I first found Loverslab almost 11 years ago by searching "oblivion nude mods" in google and that's still possible today, but for a lot of other games it won't be, because the majority of their communities are on discord. Like FFXIV and Illusion games.

2 hours ago, Kargrin said:

About the Mod Archive, I though the same about the login system, until...

ff14.png.9d016707b40cc2229eae7a42f5298ba9.png

I'm not sure what you mean. When I go to XIV Mod Archive I still only see Log in with Discord and "You must Log in to view NSFW content".

Sorry, these replies ended up being a larger wall of text than I intended. I really don't care for discord. To get slightly back on track, I guess if NSFW modding and discussion takes off for Rise I'd rather see it take place in a club or section on a site like LL or Nexus than on another random discord server, even though I know that isn't going to happen.

Edited by TheOniNinja

Wasn't a fan of the old MHW discord. I remember them not allowing you to link mods that weren't yours. I get not taking credit for another mod but like you couldn't link someone the Nexus mod page of a mod they'd ask for. Was super weird. 

Edited by youngmoist
2 hours ago, TheOniNinja said:

I'm not sure what you mean. When I go to XIV Mod Archive I still only see Log in with Discord and "You must Log in to view NSFW content".

You can click that icon on the right corner of the page

Edited by Kargrin

I personally do not think discord should be any form of index of mods. We have sites like nexus for that. However as a system to form a community and to have conversations and help channels be available for people who needs and asks for it discord is an excellent too.

That being said things should also be put on stuff like a modding wiki for ease of use for anyone coming in.
However in the experience with modding world, most people didnt actually read the wiki and just basically bombarded questions until they managed to push through.

Discords are terrible for trying to learn much of anything, really. The whole point of Discord is IM conversations that pass by moments, not documenting weeks long processes. That's why fourms are still important and have their place. Much better for continual longform stuff like modding and whatnot.

Edited by SonicMan1234
13 hours ago, SonicMan1234 said:

Discords are terrible for trying to learn much of anything, really. The whole point of Discord is IM conversations that pass by moments, not documenting weeks long processes. That's why fourms are still important and have their place. Much better for continual longform stuff like modding and whatnot.

Personally have to disagree on that part if im honest.
While sure forums has their place, overall learning and expressing information forums are atrocious at doing.

While yes Discords are far from a perfect place to document and collect data and information such as that, but then again forums are far from much better.
You have millions of threads going and they can easily cause each other to get swarmed out. Having a thread where someone asks a question for info on how to do a specific topic compared to a quick message in a group chat. One far outweighs the other in terms of ease of use and response.

The only case i see for Threads on forums is that their way of handling photos and such in the middle of a post can help ease explanations on how to approach a solution far more than discord.
But then again on the topic of that a proper well made Wiki beats the shit out of both of them by such a massive margin that its not even funny.

So on the whole thing, Discord is great for interactions between people more than a forum is since forums tend to feel more like a group email than a flow of conversation.
And Forums are better than discord for simple How to threads.

And wiki's beats them both by a huge margin so there isnt really any point behind a discussion on the topic really.

Discord + wiki imo is the best option.
Forums are outdated formats from the late 90s early 2000.

Edited by Dyster

You know what, I just realized something about this game and modding...it has nothing to do with lewd or nsfw stuff. But if you guys can do it, then...PLEASE.

The Flooded Forest...it needs to rain/storm there again, just like in 3U. xD

I hope Sunbreak brings back weather, but yeah I loved going to the Flooded Forest during the day back then because it always rained.

On 1/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, Dyster said:

If only there was a way to have several sections where different things could be posted…

Seriously I dont see how what you said could be even an issue on discord where seperate channels are a thing.

Finally managed to finish working on all the meshes and ground work textures.
The exception is the mega one needing a little bit of UV changes as they broke during a transfer a while back i just had not seen happen.
But thats not a major issue by any means.

From biggest to smallest. Using world in the screenshots since its easier to hotswap files. This will be the meshes and textures going into Rise
Also ignore the seam on the small size, also already fixing that.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

42 minutes ago, Dyster said:

Finally managed to finish working on all the meshes and ground work textures.
The exception is the mega one needing a little bit of UV changes as they broke during a transfer a while back i just had not seen happen.
But thats not a major issue by any means.

From biggest to smallest. Using world in the screenshots since its easier to hotswap files. This will be the meshes and textures going into Rise
Also ignore the seam on the small size, also already fixing that.

Hmmm, this should be good enough to spur others to start doing nsfw mods as well. The biggest size looks really well done, but the smaller sizes could be better (and I'm not talking about the seam issue ye were referring to).

2 hours ago, Galc said:

Hmmm, this should be good enough to spur others to start doing nsfw mods as well. The biggest size looks really well done, but the smaller sizes could be better (and I'm not talking about the seam issue ye were referring to).

Keep in mind that there is a specific lift that occurs due to the physics on the breasts that isnt actually present on the model itself.
And given i went with extreme bounce which also resulted in extreme lift as can be seen on the physics previews here
Bouncy_Kingdom_new_2.gifBouncy_Kingdom_new_1.gif

The mega size was basically designed for the insane physics i have on my mods. Not to mention that size is basically the primary one i use myself hence the extra care having gone into it as a result. I spent close to like 150-160 hours on that one mesh alone compared to the others which are more like 20-30 hours each.

Which is why it is probably the one that looks the best with the physics. Although yea, i do agree that i may need to update both busty and kilo later down the line but for a starter i do really hope to get these out sooner than later so i can take a breather.
worked for 12+ hours today and pretty much similar every day this entire weekend to finish all of these up and get them in a release ready state.

And if you were referring to the small bust size, then yea. I'm not happy with that one at all either. But to be honest small sizes really is not my specialty lol.

Edited by Dyster
52 minutes ago, SonicMan1234 said:

What fourm is it on then? Or were you gonna post it if the full nude comes out?

Its on a relative small forum called "caimogu.net".

I won't port the mod as author stated not to repost. ?