Monster Hunter Rise

6 hours ago, Dyster said:

I am releasing resources for a bunch of different sizes.
Ranging from cutting board levels like the game has by default to the size you see there.

Probably not making them myself though for rise.

Just because i make a test to see the limits of whats even remotely possible at the moment given the insane encryption capcom put on this game and i decide to do it in sizes that my supporters personally prefer doesn't mean those will be the only things provided.

That being said, don't expect anyone to do anything different until the encryption is beat as it was no small feat to figure out how to do any of this. And most wouldn't bother to go through the trouble,
On the topic of switch, changes has to be made to work and package differently from PC stuff.

That said, once the encryption is beat you can bet that almost no mods will be ported to switch given nobody cares about packaging their files so switch can even handle it. So its up to you to learn how and do so.

Not only do you make it out to sound like i only did that, completely ignoring the fact i went far out of my way given interest and support from the groups who wanted it to make sure an option for vanilla like sizes existed for my mods in world. For well over a full year of countless hours for something like 5% of people cared about based on the download stats. and only 1% ever supported me for.

Comments like those make me even less inclined to make such things a reality through the assets i intend to provide for rise lol.

well i only said it because it sounded like you werent interested in doing it based on your replies on nexus lol. i dont think modders should have to make things they dont want to make, especially for free.
i didnt mean to imply that you should be the one to make nude mods with more toned down bodies or that mods with humongo tiddies were bad. just that i didnt expect many mods of other more normative body types to be made since they seemed to be the minority in iceborne, and since you sounded like you werent interested in making them.

13 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

well i only said it because it sounded like you werent interested in doing it based on your replies on nexus lol. i dont think modders should have to make things they dont want to make, especially for free.
i didnt mean to imply that you should be the one to make nude mods with more toned down bodies or that mods with humongo tiddies were bad. just that i didnt expect many mods of other more normative body types to be made since they seemed to be the minority in iceborne, and since you sounded like you werent interested in making them.

I am not making mods for those sizes myself, However i am Retypologizing offering and providing all my previous meshes in all the sizes they used to exist in, Which means Busty, Kilo busty and small bust as well as this new Mega busty used in this test.

It was pretty much in the description for the mod page that this was the plan.
"Mostly made as a brief test to see how easy it is to port Body meshes from MHW over to Rise.
Once i am done retypologizing i will upload a bunch of body resource files for Rise stretching across all sizes i've done in the past to MHW for modders to use as they please."

So yea, If i didnt have "plans" to do it then i wouldnt be spending days retypologizing UV mapping and texturing body meshes that would never have any use.
unknown.png

That is Kilo Busty and Busty is also being worked on as i write this.
Just have to do them one at a time as each of them takes days to finish.

Just doing the actual retypology is a pain.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Comparison between the old and the new mesh for example
unknown.png

So yea, i am trying to make sure everyone of different tastes are able to get what they want. I just cant be the one to provide it for rise as i did world given the extreme time commitment and i have my studies taking my time.

And that being said, Yes "normal" body sizes if you mean the sizes of the hunters by default is probably not a norm. Generally given those exist so broadly outside the game in question people often dont go through the huge trouble to create the stuff for it.
The more niche a thing is the more people generally gravitate towards creating it to a specific degree as it may not exist anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Joeynator3000 said:

I am wondering, how will this work when mixing it with armor? Because I know that when I did this with a nude mod in Breath of the Wild there were...like, small gaps (sometimes big) in the models. I figured it could happen here as well...?

mixing unmodded armors with modded armor parts or nude mods usually made seams. you would instead look to someone who made an armor based on the nude mod you were using. for example, combining the high poly nude mod torso with non modded boots could make seams or awkward body shapes, but combining it with a high poly nude edit of that armor, based on the high poly nude mod, would look fine.

Edited by hilbo75

Yea mixing and matching generally causes seams to appear, but its all controlled whether or not the creator sticks to the original models limits where those seams could normally appear.

While previously my busty and kilo size had both been doing exactly that i figured very few were mix and matching and opted to make kilo smoother by itself without keeping compatibility like so.

Its all generally just a choice by the author to decide if they want to stick to it or not.

Yeah, I just want my character to have a normal size, not a fan of the giant boobs honestly. lol

I don't know too much about modding, so when I tried fixing this myself in BOTW I had no idea what to do in Blender...and even when I think I fixed everything, some kind of issue pops up. >.<

Edited by Joeynator3000
5 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

Yeah, I just want my character to have a normal size, not a fan of the giant boobs honestly. lol

I don't know too much about modding, so when I tried fixing this myself in BOTW I had no idea what to do in Blender...and even when I think I fixed everything, some kind of issue pops up. >.<

Haha i thought you may not be, you could possibly also try the one Uber made?
They also made a switch version for those who asked.

My mod i sent there was entirely just if you wanted to test it. IF it worked then you are pretty much set for switch modding going forward for asset swaps such as this.
as it would literally be a single folder renaming thing and you are done.

The issue is if PC and console files are different which you would notice immedietly if you try to use this and it refuses to work.
But yea each to their own, dont expect much switch support from nexus however.

30 minutes ago, jimkage said:

Couldn't make rakna mod to work with Switch ver. the game loaded but nothing really changed. 

Normally I'd hate doing this, but have you tried dumping the game? It's a good way to see how the files are structured and everything. File types and locations and all of that. Sometimes they're the same, other times it could be quite different or have minor changes like with the Atelier Ryza game. (Switch uses Uppercase letters and PC uses lowercase)  So if it's not working, you may want to look at the game's dump itself.

@Dyster I personally appreciate all the work you are doing.  Being a modder myself I know exactly how you feel having to listen to literally every person who has a minor change in preference (who also love to "suggest" some kind of critisim even when not warranted).  Its alot of work, even if you are just doing minor edits.  Minus having to make separate packages for each and uploading them all.  This is all assuming too that there are no bugs either lol.

I've learned over the years that if I don't personally have the time to create the exact body I prefer, I just find whatever is close enough to suit my tastes.  I also typically noticed that the more physics there are, the more time it takes to properly weight paint.  It seems you've done alot of animation work as well, so I look forward to seeing eventually what you come up with :D 

That's some nice smooth mesh work, I can especially appreciate the fact that you are making the nipples in the mesh and not just using a bump map/alpha channel.

6 hours ago, jimkage said:

Couldn't make rakna mod to work with Switch ver. the game loaded but nothing really changed. 

And also i hope you tried using the Switch version i uploaded here for people to try?
As the one off nexus will be for PC only as it uses the PC filepaths and not the switch ones.

3 hours ago, Silvist said:

@Dyster I personally appreciate all the work you are doing.  Being a modder myself I know exactly how you feel having to listen to literally every person who has a minor change in preference (who also love to "suggest" some kind of critisim even when not warranted).  Its alot of work, even if you are just doing minor edits.  Minus having to make separate packages for each and uploading them all.  This is all assuming too that there are no bugs either lol.

I've learned over the years that if I don't personally have the time to create the exact body I prefer, I just find whatever is close enough to suit my tastes.  I also typically noticed that the more physics there are, the more time it takes to properly weight paint.  It seems you've done alot of animation work as well, so I look forward to seeing eventually what you come up with :D 

That's some nice smooth mesh work, I can especially appreciate the fact that you are making the nipples in the mesh and not just using a bump map/alpha channel.

Thank you, Yea it can be rough. I understand where people are coming from but during the time in world i ended up basically having to explain so often why i couldnt add like 6 different optional files as it all multiplied with the amount of body sizes so it quickly became 24 extra models to make for like 20 people who get them haha.
And yea, just packaging and making a nexus page is a lot of work that people dont really realize haha.

Tbh, The mega size was my preferred size, but due to the fear of alienating most people i never got to actually make it for myself. So it was only during last year i managed to make a few of my own favorite ones before eventually remaking the entire project which has taken months.

And yea, i am hopeful that i will be able to create a good base for anyone wanting to get into modding with Rise with tutorials and such if time allows me to make those.
All 4 sizes will have very similar typology with mega specifically having a bit rounder ass cheeks due to how they are larger and therefore would deform heavily otherwise.

But yea, the stuff is being finished hopefully soon :P
And until then im trying to figure out exactly how modding rise will work, just managed to get Physics working!

https://i.imgur.com/QIi3YGI.mp4

ezgif-7-a52cb81217.gif

Edited by Dyster

@Dyster Oh wow, that looks amazing.  If I was able to port the vanilla armors of MHR into 3ds max, and slap your body in i'd be willing to do some armor ports.  The issue though is alot of people prefer python scripting in blender, so I'm kinda SOL since I'm more than familiar with 3ds. 

I've tried over and over again to use Blender, and honestly all I can really do inside of it is play with UVmapping.  Otherwise, I dislike the UI no matter how much I tweaked it.  Plus you have to know exact setting for importing regardless, and I dislike working with OBJ formats.  Its nice when fbx or other formats come already with weight painting included.

1 hour ago, Silvist said:

@Dyster Oh wow, that looks amazing.  If I was able to port the vanilla armors of MHR into 3ds max, and slap your body in i'd be willing to do some armor ports.  The issue though is alot of people prefer python scripting in blender, so I'm kinda SOL since I'm more than familiar with 3ds. 

I've tried over and over again to use Blender, and honestly all I can really do inside of it is play with UVmapping.  Otherwise, I dislike the UI no matter how much I tweaked it.  Plus you have to know exact setting for importing regardless, and I dislike working with OBJ formats.  Its nice when fbx or other formats come already with weight painting included.

Basically the script will be very basic and you can most likely get a very similar thing going in max with what i assume is what max scripts can do?
It will essentially do this
i=0
while i < weights.list {
If i.contains "waist"
waistVar = i
}
and so on.
I will just do a nested loop that is essentially situated with all the different bones the meshes have in rise vs world and as it essentially goes all the way through the list to find a variable and save for the the variables to later be able to apply these to whatever mesh you have on hand.
Its very basic coding tbh and i feel like people are making it out to seem like its more than what it is haha.

When was the last time you used blender? As the whole UI redesign and overall user friendlyness shift that occured with 2.8 is what made me able to finally "get it" so to speak :P
and with 3.0 bringing in an asset browser means it will be even better.

Basically save mesh as asset and you can load it into any scene (armor) with one click :P

@Dyster Considering I was using 3ds before 2.49 blender, I'm just more used to its layout and controls.  The way you select nodes, assign textures, and apply modifiers is just what I'm used to doing.  When forced to I do play with Blender, but try and export as fbx as soon as I can to do proper modifications lol.  

That's a cool feature, and I know at least for alot of people its more user frriendly.  But its the same for when I learned photoshop vs gimp.  I'm sure if I forced myself enough time I could pick it up.

Im surprised and saddened to see there is already a nude mod available but its only for male character :( Where is the female nude mod!

When we do finally get a nude female mod I hope they have normal breasts size and not stupidly huge ones like the mega busty mod.

22 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Im surprised and saddened to see there is already a nude mod available but its only for male character :( Where is the female nude mod!

When we do finally get a nude female mod I hope they have normal breasts size and not stupidly huge ones like the mega busty mod.

Christ, who do you think is trying to make sure you get that?
Its the one person who you are so quick to insult their other work.

Like dude i get the mega ones are not for everyone, but calling the models stupid is just rude.
Especially when I'm going very far out of my way to try and provide stuff that i wont ever use myself for the sake of others.
Like i've been working almost non stop this entire week to do just that, and almost not played the game myself at all as a result lol

16 hours ago, Galc said:

I kinda hope we get both a normal size and a mega busty size, maybe attached to different default clothing slots, so we can switch between them, if possible.

The actual models are all pretty much done now, all except the small bust size which i still need to finish up. The small bust will be just a tiny bit larger than the original body mesh. More so due to the fact that its far easier to make it look and move better when there is a tiny bit more geometry on hand, Not to mention the standard mesh in MHW is kinda angular around the breasts.

That being said! When the mod releases it will most likely be placed on the same armor slot for all of the sizes, but with easy to follow guide on how to move it to whatever you want. Meaning you can have Small bust, Busty, Kilo Busty and mega busty all active at once if you so wish to.

1 hour ago, Dyster said:

Christ, who do you think is trying to make sure you get that?
Its the one person who you are so quick to insult their other work.

Like dude i get the mega ones are not for everyone, but calling the models stupid is just rude.
Especially when I'm going very far out of my way to try and provide stuff that i wont ever use myself for the sake of others.
Like i've been working almost non stop this entire week to do just that, and almost not played the game myself at all as a result lol

Im really sorry if thats how it came across, i dont think i worded it as best as i could. I by no means meant for it to sound like i was calling the mod or the model stupid. I get that the mod was made for a test, as i did look at and read the mods description over on Nexus. So i do thank you for your work and appreciate that your nodding the game for us.

The point i badly worded in my previous messages was meant to express that i thought boobs that size where stupid, as i dont find an unnatural size is appealing in the slightest its rather off putting actually to me. But thats my personal opinion and i know some people like that and its thine.

So i do apologise that it came across wrong, i really wasn't calling the mod or model stupid. I was just badly expressed my self over not personally likening that size.

11 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Im really sorry if thats how it came across, i dont think i worded it as best as i could. I by no means meant for it to sound like i was calling the mod or the model stupid. I get that the mod was made for a test, as i did look at and read the mods description over on Nexus. So i do thank you for your work and appreciate that your nodding the game for us.

The point i badly worded in my previous messages was meant to express that i thought boobs that size where stupid, as i dont find an unnatural size is appealing in the slightest its rather off putting actually to me. But thats my personal opinion and i know some people like that and its thine.

So i do apologise that it came across wrong, i really wasn't calling the mod or model stupid. I was just badly expressed my self over not personally likening that size.

I get that, Personally its my own preference and given i've known people somewhat close to those sizes in my life i do not think its nice to call it stupid either.
People of varying sizes exist even if they are fewer and calling them unatural and names is never going be healthy for their self image.
On top of that, the size used on nexus was actually a size my patrons voted by far as their favorites which is also why i prefer to use that on top of my own preferences.

7 hours ago, ReverendVerse said:

Is there a centralized place for NSFW modding for Monster Hunter World/Rise? I seem to remember a Discord server, but it got nuked apparently. I'm willing to make a Discord if that is easier for people? I made one for Cyberpunk, but damn, modding interest in that game just isn't there. 

There was one a while back i used to help run as a moderator and briefly as an admin. And in general being one of the overall teachers and supporters to help people get into modding with the resource pack and overall guidence to newcomers.
However yea, i went on to continue focusing on my work and studies and the other admins wanted to continue with their things and pursue other things given the server started being less active as interest in MHW faded.
So there is no NSFW server anymore. there is a channel in the overall MHW modding server but they are a bit anti NSFW there.

As soon as my nude mod + resource pack is out i will do my best to start writing up some guides on how this all works for rise
But given i have barely gotten a moment to breathe all week from researching and even play the game myself i cant promise it will be out before the weekend ends despite me hoping it would.

Edited by Dyster