Best version of Skyrim to buy?

I can't for the life of me get the SKSE 64 bit for Skyrim Special Edition to work so I prefer LE.  Also LE has many more mods out there for it currently and many of those same mods are still being converted over for SE or haven't yet.  I also heard somewhere that certain mods for SE stopped working recently because of an update to it from Bethesda.

Edited by SkyTem

We bought LE in 2011 and since we accumulated all the DLCs over time, we got the SSE version for free.

Speaking from the 2021 perspective: We'd buy the LE version with all DLCs again and won't bother ourselves any second with being curiously downloading SSE. Not even for free.

3 hours ago, worik said:

We bought LE in 2011 and since we accumulated all the DLCs over time, we got the SSE version for free.

Speaking from the 2021 perspective: We'd buy the LE version with all DLCs again and won't bother ourselves any second with being curiously downloading SSE. Not even for free.

> That was very unbeatable argument after which I'd have no more doubts :) (No, worik, I am not joking).

13 hours ago, Khabata said:

And I am sorry if you hear this question a hundred times.

So the bigger question why did you not just read all the posts about this? There is like 3-4 post on the first page alone about this very subject.

10 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

The mind boggles.

Mine does as well ?

Special Edition works out of the box, Legendary requires many tweaks and mods to get started.
Special Edition has better performance and stability, and will make better use of your hardware.

Special Edition is much more supported nowadays with a lot of cool mods like True Directional Movement or Smoothcam. It also has much more support for HDT SMP than LE does (so better physics overall).

Most mods, including SL mods, are SE compatible, save for a few exceptions.

However, the only thing where SE stumbles is ENBs, which aren't on the same level as LE ENBs.