1 hour ago, Trykz said:

Having an issue at the orc stronghold.

Playing as a vampire running Sacrosanct, Millonce just repeatedly tells me "you're not supposed to be in here". I think the issue may be caused by the cell being "owned", and even though I have the trespassing curse disabled in Sacrosanct, she just keeps repeating it over and over, effectively blocking me from advancing the quest. Until that point, everything worked fine.

Is the cell being owned required? Or can I edit it to remove the ownership and make it public?

TIA,

Trykz

Skyrim Vanilla default... without the cell set to owned, since it's an Orc Stronghold, you get  "you're not supposed to be in here" because you are trespassing. So Toy Story sets it to owned. I tried many other approaches and only that one works.

I'm not familiar with Sacrosanct or its "trespassing curse". I'd guess that disabling it is not taking the owned scenario into consideration... you are trespassing still, because its an Orc Stronghold.

I don't know a solution here. Possibly Toy Story needs to load after Sacrosanct, but this seems too complex too require only that. Need to confirm it's Sacrosanct first, then I'd have to list it in Known Mod Conflicts. I'd look for a workaround in a future release.

If you want to spend the time you could try Toy Story after in your Load Order and/or temporary removal of Sacrosanct, but this load order change will corrupt your save so don't save. The test is not certain without starting a new game either, and you'd have to start a new game to use this as a solution.

Edited by VirginMarie

The issue's not necessarily Sacrosanct. It could be any mod that loads after Toy Story if that mod makes any changes at all to the cell. Even moving something simple like moving a chair or something will add a top level cell record for the basement to the plugin, which will wipe out TS's ownership/ public area flag edits. 

2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Skyrim Vanilla default... without the cell set to owned, since it's an Orc Stronghold, you get  "you're not supposed to be in here" because you are trespassing. So Toy Story sets it to owned. I tried many other approaches and only that one works.

I'm not familiar with Sacrosanct or its "trespassing curse". I'd guess that disabling it is not taking the owned scenario into consideration... you are trespassing still, because its an Orc Stronghold.

I don't know a solution here. Possibly Toy Story needs to load after Sacrosanct, but this seems too complex too require only that. Need to confirm it's Sacrosanct first, then I'd have to list it in Known Mod Conflicts. I'd look for a workaround in a future release.

If you want to spend the time you could try Toy Story after in your Load Order and/or temporary removal of Sacrosanct, but this load order change will corrupt your save so don't save. The test is not certain without starting a new game either, and you'd have to start a new game to use this as a solution.

I tried everything I could think of before I made the initial report. Including shuffling the load order around. I pulled out the last save so I can run some tests on it later, and consoled past the issue by placing a duplicate Millonce at me outside of the cell, and then disabled the duplicate after the spanking scene. So I'm off to the next part ?

One possibility is that the enabled state of the curse may be persistent. I can't remember if it's enabled by default or not, so I'll look into that as well. Though I did notice that the cell was set to "PlayerFaction". I'll assume you already tried to set ownership to the player ref already?

I'll report anything I find in testing. For now I just want to see more ?

3 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

The issue's not necessarily Sacrosanct. It could be any mod that loads after Toy Story if that mod makes any changes at all to the cell. Even moving something simple like moving a chair or something will add a top level cell record for the basement to the plugin, which will wipe out TS's ownership/ public area flag edits. 

I had considered that, but found nothing that loads after it that edits any orc strongholds. I don't think I even have any mods for orc strongholds at all.

13 minutes ago, Trykz said:

?

I had considered that, but found nothing that loads after it that edits any orc strongholds. I don't think I even have any mods for orc strongholds at all.

Do you have any lighting mods like Lux, ELFX, or Luminosity installed? Those are usually late loading and they make pervasive changes to top level cell records. 

33 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Do you have any lighting mods like Lux, ELFX, or Luminosity installed? Those are usually late loading and they make pervasive changes to top level cell records. 

Lux is already listed here.. Known Mod Conflicts. Known to break Millonce.

48 minutes ago, Trykz said:

Though I did notice that the cell was set to "PlayerFaction". I'll assume you already tried to set ownership to the player ref already?

I'll report anything I find in testing. For now I just want to see more ?

tried to set ownership to the player ref - don't know what you mean

I tried to solve the trespassing issue by making the player temporarily join the orc faction, and that sometimes worked, but often not, was very inconsistent. 

The solution for a future release, will probably be where you can do something to make Milly come out of the basement to talk with her, or something along those lines. I'm tried of mod conflicts like these, its like you cant do anything to any location these days.

Edited by VirginMarie
1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I use ELFX, but I don't think that's it. It seems pretty specific to Sacrosanct's trespassing curse.

30 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Lux is already listed here.. Known Mod Conflicts. Known to break Millonce.

tried to set ownership to the player ref - don't know what you mean

I tried to solve the trespassing issue by making the player temporarily join the orc faction, and that sometimes worked, but often not, was very inconsistent. 

The solution for a future release, will probably be where you can do something to make Milly come out of the basement to talk with her, or something along those lines. I'm tried of mod conflicts like these, its like you cant do anything to any location these days.

I meant to make the player the owner of the cell. (It's a bit of work, but the player can own the cell, while an NPC owns whatever is in it.)

But I'm fairly certain the issue isn't with Toy Story. As a modder myself, I understand your frustration. In any event, it was an easy to bypass issue, and I'm sure it'll turn out fairly easy to resolve. And I'll help in any way I can.

Just to give a little more information about how to fix this, since we've been kind of dancing around the key issue... if you want to just patch it and be done, this is what you need to do:

image.png.4f717b83c84d48aaf51ce6b8af033714.png

I played through the whole question and had no problems with trespassing. I did not forward the changes to faction ownership and did not have any problems.

image.png.a1eee42d6e1b60d92cc68dfc32320439.png

I know xEdit can be a little intimidating, but this is a fairly straightforward edit to make - and honestly I'd be shocked if Wrye Bash didn't forward the flag if you decided to take the automated route. @Trykz, if you need help with this I'd be happy to walk you through it in private messages.

39 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

With the way lighting mods and the ENB particle patch are so widespread in their use these days, unfortunately any edits to the top level cell data are at high risk of reversion unless the end user is patching the conflicts in their load order :( 

14 minutes ago, Trykz said:

I use ELFX, but I don't think that's it. It seems pretty specific to Sacrosanct's trespassing curse.

I checked both Sacrosanct and ELFX for changes to this cell's trespassing behavior. Sacrosanct doesn't touch this cell at all, so unless you're having issues entering other public areas, that's not the problem. The spell for trespassing curse is conditioned to only work when the player is game mechanically trespassing and when the feature isn't disabled in the MCM.

image.png.6b8a47a6e3774ff8459fe80c6ede4cb7.png

If ELFX loads after Toy Story, on the other hand, it will break the cell's public area status. The good news is that ELFX's top level cell record is an ITM, so you can probably just load Toy Story after it without breaking the cell's lighting.

image.png.9e04424b7d98ca238c9f026cfeb96c92.png

Edited by gregaaz
1 hour ago, gregaaz said:

I checked both Sacrosanct and ELFX for changes to this cell's trespassing behavior. Sacrosanct doesn't touch this cell at all, so unless you're having issues entering other public areas, that's not the problem. The spell for trespassing curse is conditioned to only work when the player is game mechanically trespassing and when the feature isn't disabled in the MCM.

If ELFX loads after Toy Story, on the other hand, it will break the cell's public area status. The good news is that ELFX's top level cell record is an ITM, so you can probably just load Toy Story after it without breaking the cell's lighting.

I think you're right. I just found the ELFX enhancer plugin was loading after Toy Story.

I'll reload the save tomorrow after work. I'm pretty confident that issue will be resolved.

However, I can confirm definite "issues" with a variety of other mods after spending the past 2 hours trying to get through the cave after Millonce (I don't think they're conflicts, per se). I think the primary culprit is most likely Forgotten Wenches, which can spawn a mess of NPCs when you kill Falmer and Chaurus. When coupled with Defeat and Deadly Drain, you get a lot of camera breakage and other weird behavior. I think it's just too many scripts all firing at once, gumming up the works until everything just falls apart. I swear I reloaded the game at least a dozen times or more ?

I'm playing a new character I made just for playing through the Toys series of mods, so I'm not really concerned about starting over after I pull a few mods out of the load order. What little I've seen was damn good fun the first time around so..... ?

I've been meaning to dump out some of the older mods anyway.

Haha yeah, I like the various enemy wench mods but I usually turn down their spawn chance by quite a bit. The battles at default can be pretty epic, but as you observed, they can quickly go overboard. 

Good luck with your ongoing troubleshooting!

Edited by gregaaz

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

With the way lighting mods and the ENB particle patch are so widespread in their use these days, unfortunately any edits to the top level cell data are at high risk of reversion unless the end user is patching the conflicts in their load order :( 

These mods should be outlawed! Or come with a warning... "hey, this will break everything".

shin-jimin-jimin.gif

29 minutes ago, Trykz said:

I think you're right. I just found the ELFX enhancer plugin was loading after Toy Story.

I'll reload the save tomorrow after work. I'm pretty confident that issue will be resolved.

Please let me know if you confirm...   ELFX conflicts, but can  be solved by Loading Toy Story After ELFX.  Then I can put in the Conflicts article.

On 3/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, VirginMarie said:

Please let me know if you confirm...   ELFX conflicts, but can  be solved by Loading Toy Story After ELFX.  Then I can put in the Conflicts article.

I can confirm the following:

1: ELFX is the definite culprit. Placing Toy Story after it resolved the trespassing issue. Sacrosanct's load order position is irrelevant, non-conflicting.

2: When nipple piercings begin to do their pulsating thing, the 3BA body breasts spazz out when in SMP mode. Quickly changing the mode with the inventory window open resolves it until you switch back to 3BBB mode, after which it will happen again. (I could however, be using an older body).

3: A script heavy load order with lots of things happening at once WILL break the bear. Even with a fully charged piercing, he will die, but not really. You're notified that he's died, but he actually becomes unresponsive like he's asleep. Reloading the game returns his state to normal.

For issue 2, I'll download the latest 3BA over the coming weekend and report back.

For issue 3, this is a user end problem, and no fault of the mod. I recommend lightening the load order of unnecessary scripted mods until the playthrough of this mod is complete.

On a personal note, I haven't had this much fun with a quest mod in quite some time. Kudos on such an excellent work of art ??

Trykz

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

I can confirm the following:

1: ELFX is the definite culprit. Placing Toy Story after it resolved the trespassing issue. Sacrosanct's load order position is irrelevant, non-conflicting.

Thanks. I've added to Known Mod Conflicts

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

2: When nipple piercings begin to do their pulsating thing, the 3BA body breasts spazz out when in SMP mode. Quickly changing the mode with the inventory window open resolves it until you switch back to 3BBB mode, after which it will happen again. (I could however, be using an older body).

The pulsating effect is on several toys. You will get it from the Wojtek Genital toy too for example, if its charged. 

Pulsate... A toy you wear is pulsating. You can adjust the chance of this happening in MCM. Pulsating causes Rousing to increase, and you will also become more oversexed. Includes pulsating sounds, camera shake, stagger, and the slow effect which can be toggled off.

So if SMP spazes out, that's bad news, but also its a problem for that mod, not this one (which I know you know). I hope they have fixed it. I'd say, from what pulsating does, SMP is either not able to handle camera shake, or controller shake, or stagger. I doubt its slow effect. Both shakes and stagger are vanilla features.

You could in Toys MCM, turn Stagger/Shake/Vibrate Strength down to 0 (which means is off). See if pulsate now triggers the SMP problem.

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

3: A script heavy load order with lots of things happening at once WILL break the bear. Even with a fully charged piercing, he will die, but not really. You're notified that he's died, but he actually becomes unresponsive like he's asleep. Reloading the game returns his state to normal.

Toys MCM has a Wojtek Reset button, which might take him out of this perma-sleep state you describe. Course we don't want to have to do this but easier than reload.

The intended behavior is that he can only die if the toy is not charged. Then when he dies you revive him by drawing. So I take it that you draw, but he does not revive?

I suspect its not a script heavy scenario that breaking him, but something else, unless you are getting stack dumps in your papyrus log. But the clue could be this... Why is he dead with shield up? This is the question. Should not be possible as he's set to a god mode of sorts. So maybe another mod changes that. But ya... if script is not able to set him to the invulnerable state, then his dead state would be a screwed up state. I could do the reset that the MCM button does, all the time maybe.

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

For issue 3, this is a user end problem, and no fault of the mod. I recommend lightening the load order of unnecessary scripted mods until the playthrough of this mod is complete.

To me not a solution. The idea is you should be able to use Wojtek long after finishing the quest. He's your orgasm powered not-a-follower!

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

On a personal note, I haven't had this much fun with a quest mod in quite some time. Kudos on such an excellent work of art ??

Thanks glad you had much fun! This belongs in the Reviews section :P

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

Thanks. I've added to Known Mod Conflicts

The pulsating effect is on several toys. You will get it from the Wojtek Genital toy too for example, if its charged. 

Pulsate... A toy you wear is pulsating. You can adjust the chance of this happening in MCM. Pulsating causes Rousing to increase, and you will also become more oversexed. Includes pulsating sounds, camera shake, stagger, and the slow effect which can be toggled off.

So if SMP spazes out, that's bad news, but also its a problem for that mod, not this one (which I know you know). I hope they have fixed it. I'd say, from what pulsating does, SMP is either not able to handle camera shake, or controller shake, or stagger. I doubt its slow effect. Both shakes and stagger are vanilla features.

You could in Toys MCM, turn Stagger/Shake/Vibrate Strength down to 0 (which means is off). See if pulsate now triggers the SMP problem.

Toys MCM has a Wojtek Reset button, which might take him out of this perma-sleep state you describe. Course we don't want to have to do this but easier than reload.

The intended behavior is that he can only die if the toy is not charged. Then when he dies you revive him by drawing. So I take it that you draw, but he does not revive?

I suspect its not a script heavy scenario that breaking him, but something else, unless you are getting stack dumps in your papyrus log. But the clue could be this... Why is he dead with shield up? This is the question. Should not be possible as he's set to a god mode of sorts. So maybe another mod changes that. But ya... if script is not able to set him to the invulnerable state, then his dead state would be a screwed up state. I could do the reset that the MCM button does, all the time maybe.

To me not a solution. The idea is you should be able to use Wojtek long after finishing the quest. He's your orgasm powered not-a-follower!

Thanks glad you had much fun! This belongs in the Reviews section :P

To your last point, I'm waiting to complete the full playthrough. I have much more to say than just what I posted earlier, and I don't want to shortchange this gem even a little ?

Anyhoo.... I decided not to wait until the weekend to run more tests. The 3BA issue was definitely on my end. There have been at least three updates since I last updated it. Updated to latest, issue resolved. The older version simply couldn't handle the fast breast resizing.

But I'm pretty certain the Wojtek issue I was having was because my load order was riddled with older script heavy mods I've been meaning to dump out anyway. He worked as intended during this evening's play session.

I'll finish up this weekend and write a proper review.

Again, thanks for what's proven to be quite a blast!

Trykz

3 hours ago, Trykz said:

To your last point, I'm waiting to complete the full playthrough. I have much more to say than just what I posted earlier, and I don't want to shortchange this gem even a little ?

Anyhoo.... I decided not to wait until the weekend to run more tests. The 3BA issue was definitely on my end. There have been at least three updates since I last updated it. Updated to latest, issue resolved. The older version simply couldn't handle the fast breast resizing.

But I'm pretty certain the Wojtek issue I was having was because my load order was riddled with older script heavy mods I've been meaning to dump out anyway. He worked as intended during this evening's play session.

I'll finish up this weekend and write a proper review.

Again, thanks for what's proven to be quite a blast!

Trykz

All good news then. Thanks... So lots of this then... ?

1.gif

Apart from the Curious Curio quests, is it possible to progress the curse of talos? It says i'm on stage 20 and there's nothing in my quest log, is it even possible to cure the curse? 

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Didn't see the option in the MCM to disable random toys being equipped!

Edited by Gonzeh
Idiot
8 hours ago, Gonzeh said:

Apart from the Curious Curio quests, is it possible to progress the curse of talos? It says i'm on stage 20 and there's nothing in my quest log, is it even possible to cure the curse? 

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Didn't see the option in the MCM to disable random toys being equipped!

No cure, but if you sneak when in line of sight, you can avoid the curse.

10 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

TStoryMain. That's where everything is controlled.

Give me context of why you ask, and perhaps I can offer more.

I wanted to stop the Curse of Talos, but if setting the random setting to 0 (as Gonzeh mentioned) means I won't 'feel the cold touch' of a Toy being equipped, then I'm good. It gets old after 20 levels or so.

Sorry for my poor English but i just got stuck at the beginning of Curious Curio, it says 'return to Nightly' and directs me back to use the power stone. But after using the stone again I am just back into the dungeon an nothing happends, Nightly doesn't show up, and the dicrection shows the mission is outside but when I get out it still leads me to the stone. How should I do to start the Curious Curio quest? Where exactly can I 'return to Nightly'? Or is there something I did wrong or it's just a bug I consistantly run into?

3 hours ago, rinkirg said:

Sorry for my poor English but i just got stuck at the beginning of Curious Curio, it says 'return to Nightly' and directs me back to use the power stone. But after using the stone again I am just back into the dungeon an nothing happends, Nightly doesn't show up, and the dicrection shows the mission is outside but when I get out it still leads me to the stone. How should I do to start the Curious Curio quest? Where exactly can I 'return to Nightly'? Or is there something I did wrong or it's just a bug I consistantly run into?

Nothing you describe is unintended. I think you simply did not look very hard for Nightly.

You need to go back into the big room where you did the trial, and she will appear.

On 4/15/2022 at 4:06 AM, VirginMarie said:

Nothing you describe is unintended. I think you simply did not look very hard for Nightly.

You need to go back into the big room where you did the trial, and she will appear.

Yeah you're right, I didn't try to go deeper but just wondering around the entrance area. Problem solved, thank you!

• VirginMarie changed the title to Toy Story SE & LE

In the Curious Curios branch, the "Return to Millonce" step is completed. I figured that some time would have to pass for the next quest stage to appear because

Millonce put on a harness that would stay on her for a week.

I've tried

• fast travelling and waiting for 30 days.
  • doing some other vanilla quests and letting game time pass normally.
  • clicking through all the available Millonce dialogue trees.
  • travelling to Winterhold and speaking with Urag (no relevant dialogue options).

And still the "Curious Curios" quest won't progress. Some of the dialogue lines auto-advance way too fast, so maybe the was something important she said that skipped too fast for me to hear. Why is Curious Curios stuck on "Return to Millonce" after it was completed?

Edited by TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft