1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

I'd like to list it in Troubleshooting/Mod Conflicts but with a solution that is say.... have Toy Story load after Sounds of Skyrim. Not everyone can or wants to edit like you did. I'd need someone to test if it can be solved that way :D 

Yes, it would work.  It would also have worked if I rebuilt my bashed patch after installing the Toys mods and included Toy Story in the patches.

10 minutes ago, DSee3e said:

the animations are not loading for me but everything else is working fine. what is wrong with it? they just kina stand inside each other qand ont move but i can hear what is going on.

Maybe you did not do this step in Installation instructions?

4. Use Generate FNIS for Users and "Update FNIS Behavior". Watch for errors! Most common is exceeding the maximum animations

Or you did but FNIS is reporting errors that you must fix?

If that's not it...

1. When you first installed Toys Framework, did you start a new game? Its the requirement. Without, this could be your problem
  2. Have you been breaking the Golden Rule? If yes, that could be the problem
  3. Run the Toys - MCM - Installation Test. Does it pass or fail?

Having an issue with the very first objective where you're supposed to find the scholar in Helgen. As I approach Helgen the quest marker teleports around, mostly to the south and eventually so far south I can't move the map enough to see where the quest marker even is. Starting over, using TCL and sprinting like a maniac to the quest marker shows the body of the guy but I can't interact with it and the moment I cancel TCL the body teleports miles south again.

Edit: Tried again, still had the magic teleporting dead guy but managed to access his inventory this time. Everything after that seems to be working fine, I've just no idea what's causing the body to move around like that.

Edited by Count_Spatula
1 hour ago, Count_Spatula said:

Having an issue with the very first objective where you're supposed to find the scholar in Helgen. As I approach Helgen the quest marker teleports around, mostly to the south and eventually so far south I can't move the map enough to see where the quest marker even is. Starting over, using TCL and sprinting like a maniac to the quest marker shows the body of the guy but I can't interact with it and the moment I cancel TCL the body teleports miles south again.

Edit: Tried again, still had the magic teleporting dead guy but managed to access his inventory this time. Everything after that seems to be working fine, I've just no idea what's causing the body to move around like that.

When you first installed toys, did you start a new game? It's the requirement. If no, this is most likely your problem. 

You may have gotten past that problem, but if you did not start a new game, you will have more problems, because you would be running on a corrupt save now.

14 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

When you first installed toys, did you start a new game? It's the requirement. If no, this is most likely your problem. 

You may have gotten past that problem, but if you did not start a new game, you will have more problems, because you would be running on a corrupt save now.

I had started over when I was able to pass that first objective. Before that I had started new games a few times over but was still having the teleporting corpse. Since last night I've progressed through the mods content normally and not had any issues. This is a fresh reinstall of the whole game and this time around I thought I'd give the Toy series of mods a go, other than this one thing everything has been working fine so far.

1 hour ago, Count_Spatula said:

I had started over when I was able to pass that first objective. Before that I had started new games a few times over but was still having the teleporting corpse. Since last night I've progressed through the mods content normally and not had any issues. This is a fresh reinstall of the whole game and this time around I thought I'd give the Toy series of mods a go, other than this one thing everything has been working fine so far.

Sounds like you are fine then.

I wonder if there's another mod conflicting in the Helgen area somehow. 

Just one thing to check and be sure... I've seen some people thinking that starting a new game can mean using a very early save. No idea where that myth came from but its very wrong. Starting a new game means not loading any save, pressing the new button. If that's what you did, you are good :D

Hi folks, I was speaking with @VirginMarie about my Toy Story-themed playthrough blog I'm running right now and she pointed out that I should probably share the links here for better visibility. Here are the links to the first five chapters:

If you want additional backstory on Kirstia, you can also visit here to read up on her prior adventure.

I'll post links to subsequent chapters as they get published. Additionally, if you're interested in the technical side of modding, you may want to check out my Modding Diary series. The January 28th and January 29th entries are strongly focused on the Toys ecosystem, both in terms of installation and cleaning/compatibility.

Enjoy!

Edited by gregaaz
  • VirginMarie changed the title to Toy Story SE & LE

I  still cannot get the MCM menu to show up.  I have seen it in the past, and successfully passed the install test, but the last couple of versions I cannot get it to kick in.

This particular set up is with just after a full reinstall of skyrim, only a few appearance and UI mods, along with the Sexlab prereqs. 

Completely new game.

I took a quick look at the papyrus log, also attached.  lots of warnings in there i assume are unrelated to this issue and from what I can read it looks like the menu triggered-but it's not showing up.

I'm not familiar with papyrus logs, so maybe i'm just blind to a huge honking error message. 

Here's what I see when the menu kicks in. Basically, everything I'd expect to see, except the Toys framework menu.

ETA-just to be thorough, i did go find the dead scholar and read the book.  No transformation triggered,.

Toys MCM test 1.87 2022.2.7.png

Papyrus.1.log

Edited by Astarte29
10 hours ago, Astarte29 said:

I  still cannot get the MCM menu to show up.  I have seen it in the past, and successfully passed the install test, but the last couple of versions I cannot get it to kick in.

This particular set up is with just after a full reinstall of skyrim, only a few appearance and UI mods, along with the Sexlab prereqs. 

Completely new game.

I took a quick look at the papyrus log, also attached.  lots of warnings in there i assume are unrelated to this issue and from what I can read it looks like the menu triggered-but it's not showing up.

I'm not familiar with papyrus logs, so maybe i'm just blind to a huge honking error message. 

Here's what I see when the menu kicks in. Basically, everything I'd expect to see, except the Toys framework menu.

ETA-just to be thorough, i did go find the dead scholar and read the book.  No transformation triggered,.

Log shows the game is struggling trying to run almost everything including vanilla DLCs.

Details in the spoiler. Summary:

• Vanilla DLCs putting out warning messages
    • if vanilla things can't run, we can expect nothing to work well
    • I've see other cases of DLCs complaining, after AE is downgraded. Don't know much about this
  • FNIS can't function
    • this likely why Toys shut down. Toys is not active at all, hence what you see with the dead scholar
  • Sexlab can't function
  • MFG Console missing... comes with Sexlab I think. This likely one reason why Sexlab cant function
  • Racemenu complaining and likely can't function
  • You are running latest Toys v1.8
  • Fishing is active (not sure of your SE / AE status. Fishing running implies this is AE, or SE after BestOfBoth downgrade

I'd guess you went to AE, downgraded.

Perhaps need to nuke and then reinstall all.... including mod manager and skyrim (instead of just skyrim).

Spoiler

9 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property PlatePosition on script dlc2toldarstombpuzzleplatescript attached to  (04027115) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

13 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property Bladesman60 on script DLC1SeranaLevelingScript attached to  (02003BA8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

16 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property FollowerDismissMessageCompanions on script DLC2HirelingQuestScript attached to DLC2HirelingQuest (04038566) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

more Vanilla DLC warning entries follow

FNIS not functioning
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:49PM] Cannot open store for class "fnis_aa2", missing file?
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:49PM] ERROR: Unable to obtain function call information - returning None
stack:
    [FNIS_Q (15000D62)].FNIS_aaQuest.OnInit() - "FNIS_aaQuest.psc" Line 29

Fishing running (or trying to)
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] FISHING: Checking for updates.

MFG missing
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] Cannot open store for class "mfgconsolefunc", missing file?

Sexlab can't function
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] ERROR: Unable to obtain function call information - returning None
stack:
    [SexLabQuestFramework (08000D62)].sslSystemConfig.reload() - "sslSystemConfig.psc" Line 928

Racemenu maybe can't function 

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Log shows the game is struggling trying to run almost everything including vanilla DLCs.

Details in the spoiler. Summary:

• Vanilla DLCs putting out warning messages
    • if vanilla things can't run, we can expect nothing to work well
    • I've see other cases of DLCs complaining, after AE is downgraded. Don't know much about this
  • FNIS can't function
    • this likely why Toys shut down. Toys is not active at all, hence what you see with the dead scholar
  • Sexlab can't function
  • MFG Console missing... comes with Sexlab I think. This likely one reason why Sexlab cant function
  • Racemenu complaining and likely can't function
  • You are running latest Toys v1.8
  • Fishing is active (not sure of your SE / AE status. Fishing running implies this is AE, or SE after BestOfBoth downgrade

I'd guess you went to AE, downgraded.

Perhaps need to nuke and then reinstall all.... including mod manager and skyrim (instead of just skyrim).

Reveal hidden contents

9 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property PlatePosition on script dlc2toldarstombpuzzleplatescript attached to  (04027115) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

13 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property Bladesman60 on script DLC1SeranaLevelingScript attached to  (02003BA8) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

16 like this
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:44PM] WARNING: Property FollowerDismissMessageCompanions on script DLC2HirelingQuestScript attached to DLC2HirelingQuest (04038566) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

more Vanilla DLC warning entries follow

FNIS not functioning
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:49PM] Cannot open store for class "fnis_aa2", missing file?
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:49PM] ERROR: Unable to obtain function call information - returning None
stack:
    [FNIS_Q (15000D62)].FNIS_aaQuest.OnInit() - "FNIS_aaQuest.psc" Line 29

Fishing running (or trying to)
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] FISHING: Checking for updates.

MFG missing
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] Cannot open store for class "mfgconsolefunc", missing file?

Sexlab can't function
[02/06/2022 - 11:46:52PM] ERROR: Unable to obtain function call information - returning None
stack:
    [SexLabQuestFramework (08000D62)].sslSystemConfig.reload() - "sslSystemConfig.psc" Line 928

Racemenu maybe can't function 

This was after a reinstall from steam.  Launch from Vortex.

Apparently, i've borked things  good and proper....

Nuke time it is.

Thanks for your help.

38 minutes ago, Astarte29 said:

Launch from Vortex.

With Vortex, you want to use the Vortex purge feature, then redeploy after any major change. This has helped people with the strangest problems.

If you purge, then before deploying, look in the Data folder, what you should see is vanilla skyrim. No mods installed. This is what purge means.

But if there's crap in there left over, from mods, then that can be your problem. Whatever's left over is not managed by Vortex, for whatever reason.

My guess is that after purging, you will see junk that does not belong... but that's assuming you know what vanilla skyrim looks like. Not many people do. Some is obvious though, when its junk left over.

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

With Vortex, you want to use the Vortex purge feature, then redeploy after any major change. This has helped people with the strangest problems.

If you purge, then before deploying, look in the Data folder, what you should see is vanilla skyrim. No mods installed. This is what purge means.

But if there's crap in there left over, from mods, then that can be your problem. Whatever's left over is not managed by Vortex, for whatever reason.

My guess is that after purging, you will see junk that does not belong... but that's assuming you know what vanilla skyrim looks like. Not many people do. Some is obvious though, when its junk left over.

I did indeed find files that did not belong.

I had to nuke the whole install from space, and pretend it NEVER happened-- but this time i got the successful installation test, and got to loot the scholar and get locked in.

Whew. 

Thank you for your guidance getting my scorched patch of tamriel  rebuilt.

48 minutes ago, Astarte29 said:

I did indeed find files that did not belong.

I had to nuke the whole install from space, and pretend it NEVER happened-- but this time i got the successful installation test, and got to loot the scholar and get locked in.

Whew. 

Thank you for your guidance getting my scorched patch of tamriel  rebuilt.

1.gif