Yah, I just finished my test run. no change in Nelacar's behavior. Sadly, I have no clue how to alter Nelacar's AI to put in the correct marker, so it's back into storage for Winterhold, and another new game for me.

I wonder if the CoTN author would be willing to make a patch to revert the inn to its vanilla state?

10 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

For some perspective on how much CoTN changes just the inn in Winterhold:

Exterior and interior - Nelacar's room is underneath the crosshair in the center of the pic. Upper floor.

All of the CoTN mods are beautiful creations, overhauling the appearance completely of the respective towns/cities, giving each of them their own unique flavor. The layouts are slightly altered, and each inn is different, so they don't look like they all came out of the same Ikea catalog. Because of these changes, they do tend to mess with other mods that modify the vanilla buildings. Some mods have patches to work around these changes (Falkreath Bathhouse, Winterhold Bathhouse), but not all unfortunately. I'm not savvy enough with xEdit to find out how CoTN or Toy Story changes Nelacar's AI, so I'm just guessing on the load order option. I'll move Winterhold below Toy Story, run a quick test and see what happens. 

I hate to lose winterhold, but if it's a choice between that an Toy Story, well......

spank me Urag, harder....

ScreenShot20.png

ScreenShot21.png

ScreenShot22.png

Ooh, I like that inn. Might have to grab it for my build. If I do, I'll make a patch for TS and share it (hint hint @VirginMarie it'll be easier for me to patch if the mod goes back to using a custom marker instead of using the vanilla one)

2 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Ooh, I like that inn. Might have to grab it for my build. If I do, I'll make a patch for TS and share it (hint hint @VirginMarie it'll be easier for me to patch if the mod goes back to using a custom marker instead of using the vanilla one)

The current implementation is less prone to other mods conflicting. It would not make sense to revert back to having 2 things to break instead of one.

1 hour ago, VirginMarie said:

The current implementation is less prone to other mods conflicting. It would not make sense to revert back to having 2 things to break instead of one.

Haha fair enough. I suppose I can find the target marker in the plugin readily enough so it's no skin off my back either way. 

2 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Haha fair enough. I suppose I can find the target marker in the plugin readily enough so it's no skin off my back either way. 

The AI Package I added to Nelly, routes him to the vanilla X-Marker where he stands behind his desk in his room. All it needs is to take him to an alternate marker like that, really does not even matter where.

What I don't get is how the mod could remove that vanilla marker? Nelly might be broken just for vanilla sandboxing and the Azura quest. If that's the case he could end up stuck beyond hope that my package is going to work, depending on what's already happened, so we can't assume the fix I describe is enough.

Patching like this is fine for personal use, but if you publish it, now you gotta maintain it for changes to potentially both mods. You gonna do that? I'd not. And I'm not going to host the patch and have to support it. CoTN shold die in hell, not be supported.

The AI Package I added to Nelly, routes him to the vanilla X-Marker where he stands behind his desk in his room. All it needs is to take him to an alternate marker like that, really does not even matter where.

What I don't get is how the mod could remove that vanilla marker? Nelly might be broken just for vanilla sandboxing and the Azura quest. If that's the case he could end up stuck beyond hope that my package is going to work, depending on what's already happened, so we can't assume the fix I describe is enough.

Patching like this is fine for personal use, but if you publish it, now you gotta maintain it for changes to potentially both mods. You gonna do that? I'd not. And I'm not going to host the patch and have to support it. CoTN shold die in hell, not be supported.

I downloaded COTN Winterhold and reviewed its contents. Here is what I found:

• COTN does not disable any vanilla markers. It does move them to new locations.
  • None of the new locations appear to be out of bounds, -30,000 Z type stuff. They all have granular coordinates that suggest they were hand placed in the revised cell
  • This includes, for example, 91AEA, seen below:

image.png.d2b10c9879d82afbca107de77bd30aed.png

I'm actually rather unclear after looking at this why @IBAGadget still had a loss of function after you switched to a vanilla marker. I'd be interested to know if any of COTN's markers on his mod stack are being overwritten by other mods. Also, these are persistent refs, so if COTN was added after the start of the game they will of course all be broken. I don't recall if IBA tested this on a new game or not to verify.

Anyway, after looking at it, I don't think this should even need a patch if you're pointing Nelly to a vanilla marker. They're all there and adjusted for the new geometry.

Condemnation of the mod to hell may be premature.

-1- can you change place of items of last quest when you need found so many of them

for level lower is very hard and i wish you can make each of theme need little quest and diffrent place

-2 -bound , any disable option in mcm

-3- how charge them ?? no npc ask , i miss somthings

i do all your mods from LE begin  to SSE noow
and thank you lot of

41 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

-1- can you change place of items of last quest when you need found so many of them

for level lower is very hard and i wish you can make each of theme need little quest and diffrent place

I don't want to make it easier, but I can recommend these things to make it easier...

• Use Wojtek to tank for you... Wojtek questions... Summoning? Charge Wojtek Genital Toy?
  • Make sure you charge your Wojtek Genital Piercing so Wojtek's shield is up. Make sure your Rousing is high enough to summon Wojtek before going into battle
  • You can also take a regular follower, or use Nocturnal and Love Shouting if you have SLaVE
  • Set Skyrim's Difficulty setting lower, if the above is not enough

-2 -bound , any disable option in mcm

Toys&Love MCM - Effects 1 tab - Hardcore Mode Chance - set it to 0

-3- how charge them ?? no npc ask , i miss somthings

NPCs will proposition you for love, if you wear un-charged toys. The Love Scene charges them. You can set chance of this in Toy Story MCM.

i do all your mods from LE begin  to SSE noow
and thank you lot of

:D 

I don't want to make it easier, but I can recommend these things to make it easier...

• Use Wojtek to tank for you... Wojtek questions... Summoning? Charge Wojtek Genital Toy?
  • Make sure you charge your Wojtek Genital Piercing so Wojtek's shield is up. Make sure your Rousing is high enough to summon Wojtek before going into battle
  • You can also take a regular follower, or use Nocturnal and Love Shouting if you have SLaVE
  • Set Skyrim's Difficulty setting lower, if the above is not enough

the place you need complète skyrim dawnguard auriel's bow  so far  an it very long quest

for that i ask for change place

@gregaaz Thank you for looking into this. I really appreciate the help in trying to figure this out. 

I have tried this several times on completely new games, purging my modlist and re-deploying as necessary. I have never gotten Nelacar to work properly with CoTN: Winterhold. On my last test, I even tried moving him into the room with the moveto player command, and he just immediately turned around, walked out and went back to his sandbox position on the main floor.

that being said, I have dumped CoTN: Winterhold and installed The Great Cities Winterhold instead - this is a far greater overhaul of Winterhold, with the addition that it (claims) to leave the interior of the inn very close to vanilla. Having played this last night, this is actually pretty accurate. Nelacar is in his vanilla starting location, his room is where it should be.....

But he's still broke. 

I don't know what to do, and I don't have the slightest idea where to look to try to fix it myself (honestly, I'd probably break it even more and completely tank my game). I can adjust damage and weight of weapons, I can add crafting and tempering to outfits, change clothing to armor. Even remove followers default outfits so they will stay dressed in what I put them in (they show up naked to start, but I'm good with that ?)

sorting out AI and navigation stuff?

not so much.

46 minutes ago, chevalierx said:

the place you need complète skyrim dawnguard auriel's bow  so far  an it very long quest

for that i ask for change place

To be clear, you don't have to do dawnguard auriel's bow to complete the Curious Curio Toy story quest, if that's what you are saying.

You could do the both at the same time though if you wanted.

Also neither conflict with each other if done separately. They both work. I've made sure of that.

I have no plans to change this.

1 hour ago, sissy.rasha said:

hello

i am not planing on doing any main quest ingame

and in darkfall cave i read that it needs a certain quest to be started in order to explore the cave ( touching the sky )

can i bypass that?

Toy Story will happily take you where it needs to take you, without doing a single vanilla quest. 

So yes, Toy Story will bypass Touching the Sky.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:14 PM, VirginMarie said:

They all work the same. Map marker... walk on top of it.... chest magically rises up from the earth with a poof of smoke... open chest... toy inside.

If the chest is not appearing when you stand on the marker, I dunno what could cause that other than a corrupt save, or a mod conflict.

For mod conflict, do you have any in here... Known Mod Conflicts - Toy Story ? Or any similar to those?

Starting a new game does not rule out corrupt save... you could have broken the Golden Rule since starting that new game.

For me to help further I need your Papyrus Log How to get a Papyrus Log

We want a log for a game session where you... Startup the game from desktop.... load save before the problem.... recreate problem (stand on the map marker)/confirm still no chest appearing... Now Run the Toys MCM - first tab - Installation test.... confirm if its a pass of fail.... exit to desktop.... grab that log

I don't get that anyway, there you make a mod where you then run in somewhere for hours only to get stuck for it because these quest items have to appear in a black mist and can't just lie around somewhere... there you create a completely new game, EXTRA... deal with it for many hours, then it says... yes that has nothing to say, the mod may also have broken while playing.... *shake head* :classic_huh:
Well, but I don't have to play it, it's easy. Still a pity.

8 hours ago, Krynn said:

I don't get that anyway, there you make a mod where you then run in somewhere for hours only to get stuck for it because these quest items have to appear in a black mist and can't just lie around somewhere... there you create a completely new game, EXTRA... deal with it for many hours, then it says... yes that has nothing to say, the mod may also have broken while playing.... *shake head* :classic_huh:
Well, but I don't have to play it, it's easy. Still a pity.

Just trying to help here. The problem is not caused by black mist.  Golden Rule is not unique to this mod, its just the way Skyrim works.

For mod conflict, do you have any in here... Known Mod Conflicts - Toy Story ? Or any similar to those?

For me to help further I need your Papyrus Log How to get a Papyrus Log

We want a log for a game session where you... Startup the game from desktop.... load save before the problem.... recreate problem (stand on the map marker)/confirm still no chest appearing... Now Run the Toys MCM - first tab - Installation test.... confirm if its a pass of fail.... exit to desktop.... grab that log

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tosch said:

Sorry, I have a question : No one will get spanked while I´m wearing Curio gloves. Gag and foot does their work as wanted, but no one asked me for a spanking. Any solution?

It might be a misunderstanding. Here's how it's intended to work... FAQs - Curious Clothing / Charging Toys

I'm guessing your gloves are already charged? Thus nobody will proposition you till timer wears off.

If it's not that we need to dig deeper. First thing to try is the Player Reset option in Toys&Love MCM - Debug tab.

First: Thanks for the quick answer.

No, the gloves are not charged. They were once after the first spanking szene, but after they lost their charge no one asked for a spanking. As I said, the Gag and Foot Toy work well and can be charged again, if they lost their charges.

When I use the Reset option will I loose my advance or improvements?

1 hour ago, Tosch said:

First: Thanks for the quick answer.

No, the gloves are not charged. They were once after the first spanking szene, but after they lost their charge no one asked for a spanking. As I said, the Gag and Foot Toy work well and can be charged again, if they lost their charges.

When I use the Reset option will I loose my advance or improvements?

Only thing Player Reset can break is a currently running scene as it will force end it. Its made to clean up where a scene ended badly, or got stuck, due to some external conflict. It also will check and correct any mis-registered toys. We want it for the reregister. Now that said, it runs the same thing each time you load up a save.

To test:

1. Make sure you're game is set to write the papyrus log How to get a Papyrus Log
  2. Start up the game from the desktop, and load the save (this is so we can create a clean new log)
  3. Set the Chance of Proposition (non-combat) in Toys Story MCM to 100
  4. Go to a crowded area with your not-charged gloves on
  5. If you don't get propositioned within 3 mins, move to another crowded area (it does prevent the same NPC from trying right away thus the location change)
  6. Wait another 3 mins (this must be not busy 3imins, being in another scene would delay the trigger)

If you've not seen any Proposition still, grab and share your papyrus log for the above full test. Also would help to take a screenshot of the Quest Journal for Curios Clothing after the test and share it here, so I can see the objectives.

Edited by VirginMarie

Hello VirginMarie, in the first place it lasts about 30 seconds to get an invitation for a blowjob, in the second place about 30 seconds for a footjob and finally in the third place nothing happened except the "normal" invitations for sex.

Thank you for your work

By the way, until now I didn´t use player reset option. Hope that was not wrong.

Skyrim Special Edition 09.06.2022 23_44_30.png

PapyrusUtilDev.log

Edited by Tosch
8 minutes ago, Tosch said:

Hello VirginMarie, in the first place it lasts about 30 seconds to get an invitation for a blowjob, in the second place about 30 seconds for a footjob and finally in the third place nothing happened except the "normal" invitations for sex.

Thank you for your work

Skyrim Special Edition 09.06.2022 23_44_30.png

PapyrusUtilDev.log 19.58 kB · 0 downloads

That's not the normal papyrus log. Check the "how to" link I gave above. The file will be named Papyrus.0.log

Just now, Tosch said:

In my Skyrim folder is no folder called "Logs". There is only a folder named "saves" and one named "SKSE".

• looking in the wrong place?
  • MO2 is complicating things and you need to look elsewhere?
  • You did not change your Skyrim.ini correctly?
  • You changed the wrong Skyrim.ini?

Its all in How to get a Papyrus Log. There nothing more I can tell you.

do you mean the "Skyrim.ini" in the MO2 - Section? I had no idea there is another one.

Sorry, I´m not that fit with such things. And I´m not a native English speaker. That makes it all worse for me.

Edited by Tosch