2 hours ago, edinburg said:

Decoupling rousing from SLA arousal in the latest version of Toys seems to cause issues with Toy Story, as there are several places in Toy Story's main script that check SLA arousal in order to advance the script. Most egregiously, the very first quest is broken, because the trial statue increases your rousing but Nightly won't let you leave until your SLA arousal reaches 95.

There's an update for Toy Story, coming shortly, that uses Rousing, not Arousal. I had better get it released sooner than later!

Thanks for telling me about the trial statue, I hand not thought I had anything "show stopper" like that.

You can however, use the "sync to SLA Arousal" option in the MCM, and then the Trial and all will work, same as with previous version of Toys.

Edited by VirginMarie

NOTE TO EVERYONE... If you are getting stuck at the Trial Altar, and are using Toys v1.7

... toggle "Sync to SLA Arousal" ON, in Toys MCM, Rousing & Denial tab. Best to leave that on when trying to summon Wojtek in battle too.

This issue is now corrected in v1.21

Edited by VirginMarie
  • VirginMarie changed the title to Toy Story SE & LE
  • VirginMarie changed the title to Toy Story SE & LE

Hi, this is the first time I'm using Toy Story, and I can't get past the first part. I search the scholar, it tells me to read the book, but nothing happens when I do. I've tried putting the stuff on before hand, I've tried dropping and repicking up the book, I've even gone through and actually read the whole thing, and nothing changes. The quest won't update and I can't proceed any further.

27 minutes ago, SilentAntagonist121 said:

Hi, this is the first time I'm using Toy Story, and I can't get past the first part. I search the scholar, it tells me to read the book, but nothing happens when I do. I've tried putting the stuff on before hand, I've tried dropping and repicking up the book, I've even gone through and actually read the whole thing, and nothing changes. The quest won't update and I can't proceed any further.

This would suggest that Toys is not fully installed/working.

1. What happens if your run the Toys, MCM - Setup Tab - Installation Test? Does it pass or fail?
  2. Did you start a new game after installing Toys for the first time? It's required. If not, this is likely the problem

If 1 is fail, follow the instructions is gives for a fail.

If 2 is No, start a new game.

If 1 is PASS, and 2 is YES.... I could look at your papyrus log.

There's a "how to get a papyrus log" in the Toys FAQs if you need it. For the log, we want a game session where you... startup the game.... load the save before the problem happens... run the install test in Toys MCM first tab... Recreate the problem... then exit to desktop, grab that log.

Edited by VirginMarie
19 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

This would suggest that Toys is not fully installed/working.

1. What happens if your run the Toys, MCM - Setup Tab - Installation Test? Does it pass or fail?
  2. Did you start a new game after installing Toys for the first time? It's required. If not, this is likely the problem

It's almost certainly 1. as I don't have an MCM page for 'Toys', just 'Toy Story', 'Toyful Temptations', and 'Toys Workshop'.

I've double checked, and I followed the Installation guide, up to the 'Run Installation Test' which I can't do because of the above.

19 minutes ago, SilentAntagonist121 said:

It's almost certainly 1. as I don't have an MCM page for 'Toys', just 'Toy Story', 'Toyful Temptations', and 'Toys Workshop'.

I've double checked, and I followed the Installation guide, up to the 'Run Installation Test' which I can't do because of the above.

1 is most likely caused by 2

• Was a new game started when Toy was added to your Load order? if not, you now have a corrupt save. That is most likely your problem
  • Even if you did start a new game, we need to know if the MCM is showing up when you start a new game now. If yes, you have proven the save you are using is corrupt. Solution... use the new game. Go to that merchant, see if it works
  • More detail on cause of corrupt save here... Golden Rule. Also see FAQ 4 at that same link

If that's does not get you going, I need your papyrus log, using the steps I gave above.

Edited by VirginMarie
11 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

1 is most likely caused by 2

• Was a new game started when Toy was added to your Load order? if not, you now have a corrupt save. That is most likely your problem
  • Even if you did start a new game, we need to know if the MCM is showing up when you start a new game now. If yes, you have proven the save you are using is corrupt. Solution... use the new game. Go to that merchant, see if it works
  • More detail on cause of corrupt save here... Golden Rule. Also see FAQ 4 at that same link

If that's does not get you going, I need your papyrus log, using the steps I gave above.

Yup, 100% right, thanks. Whenever another mod said to start from a new save I've always just started from the save in the Abandoned Prison from LATL, and it's worked fine so far, so I assumed it would work here too, but it only worked this time with a completely new game. It'll be a pain to redo character creation and MCM stuff, but glad it got working.

Thanks again for the help, and sorry for the trouble!

4 minutes ago, SilentAntagonist121 said:

Yup, 100% right, thanks. Whenever another mod said to start from a new save I've always just started from the save in the Abandoned Prison from LATL, and it's worked fine so far, so I assumed it would work here too, but it only worked this time with a completely new game. It'll be a pain to redo character creation and MCM stuff, but glad it got working.

Thanks again for the help, and sorry for the trouble!

No prob. I get this more often that even bodyslide :P. So I'm armed and ready.

You see Toys is an ESM. Any ESM, not just toys, but say... sexlab, is even less flexible when it comes to introducing it into your load order. Why? mainly because its higher up in the order... so your entire stack shifted. Its not like you can place an esm at the end of your load order.

In your case you triggered the MCM not showing up vulnerability in SkyUI. Good thing too, as if you had not, you'd be running into less obvious problems later on.

For anyone reading....

The concept that using a very early save.. "I've always just started from the save in the Abandoned Prison from LATL" is a now decade old incorrect myth passed down from many. I can say decade now because we had the Anniversary Edition!

An early save, in the abandoned prison, or NOT in the prison, is not the slightest bit better, than a much later save, unless you have already corrupted it by breaking the Golden Rule. So if you are going to skip the "start a new game" requirement, you might as well use a later save.

On 1/3/2022 at 8:30 AM, mikey7979 said:

I cannot speak for the other mod Obscure's College of Winterhold but Immersive College of Winterhold does do a lot of work on the Library. For instance, there is a circular stairway in the center of the library that goes to a second level and the area next to the two stairways leading downstairs and to the Arch mage's Quarters has been altered significantly.

Thank you for considering a fix to this quest in a future update of the mod.

Thank you, for v1.21!!!!  The fix works perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UrFaveComrade said:

I'm stuck on the first quest. I've activated the left platform, it does its thing, but nothing happens. I'm left wandering around the dungeon. My Rousing is at 100, and Nightly only appears when I go up to the statue to tell me what it does. Is the quest broken or am I missing something?

Not been reported as broken thus far. Always a chance you found some edge case bug though. 

See Troubleshooting #1

Not working as described there?...

Did you start a new game when you first installed toys? Did you follow the golden rule when installing Toy Story?

• If no, its the requirement. This could be the cause. Try with a new game
  • If yes, please get me your papyrus log if you don't mind helping me troubleshoot
    • How to get the log is in Toys FAQs if you need
    • We need a log that covers a game session where you.... Startup the game.... load a save before the problem.... recreate the problem  (this needs to be your first use of the statue, so a save before you head to the platform)... wait for Rousing to be 100, then wait 1 minute.... exit to desktop... grab that log
Edited by VirginMarie
7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Not been reported as broken thus far. Always a chance you found some edge case bug though. 

See Troubleshooting #1

Not working as described there?...

Did you start a new game when you first installed toys? Did you follow the golden rule when installing Toy Story?

• If no, its the requirement. This could be the cause. Try with a new game
  • If yes, please get me your papyrus log if you don't mind helping me troubleshoot
    • How to get the log is in Toys FAQs if you need
    • We need a log that covers a game session where you.... Startup the game.... load a save before the problem.... recreate the problem  (this needs to be your first use of the statue, so a save before you head to the platform)... wait for Rousing to be 100, then wait 1 minute.... exit to desktop... grab that log

OH I SEE. I was moving away from the statue before reaching 95% Rousing. I didn't think it mattered, now it makes sense. Thank you!

I'm enjoying your Toy Story SE mod and have advanced to the point where I need a Tiny Exotic Key to remove the Wojtek Genital Toy.  I would like to follow whatever quest or steps that you planned and coded to obtain this key (rather than execute a console command).  So, can you provide any instructions on obtaining this key?  Perhaps I failed to trigger a specific quest or missed an important dialog box.

(Nelacar has given me keys -- but not this one.)

Edited by wkchar
11 minutes ago, wkchar said:

I'm enjoying your Toy Story SE mod and have advanced to the point where I need a Tiny Exotic Key to remove the Wojtek Genital Toy.  I would like to follow whatever quest or steps that you planned and coded to obtain this key (rather than execute a console command).  So, can you provide any instructions on obtaining this key?  Perhaps I failed to trigger a specific quest or missed an important dialog box.

When you finished up with Nelacar, he told you if you return to him, he will give you keys in exchange for.... well you know what he wants :P. I think the Curious Clothing quest you now have hints about this too.

But more about keys.... A key can be:

• a Toys Key - one of 4 that are part of Toys. Tiny Exotic Key is one of them
  • or a Custom Key  - a key that is part of a content mod, so often part of a quest

Since Tiny Exotic Key is a Toys Key.... if you have the ToyFul Temptations mod (Toys Family of Mods for link), it will put Toys Keys in the world to be found. That's the Default way to get Toys Key.

Note: If you are adding ToyFul Temptations mod mid-playthrough, be sure to follow the golden rule (you can do so by placing it at the end of your load order).

I have enjoyed playing Toy Story SE successfully on Skyrim AE 1.6.353, all 74 Creation Club Content mods, and required SexLab mods (using Vortex to organize them).  I believe I have reached the "end" of the story and would like to know if there is any content I missed.  Thus, I ask these questions:

Is CURIOS CLOTHING supposed to end (and clear itself)?  My last open entries are:

[  ] Curio Ring Gag - Charge hrs remaining:  0:00

[  ] Wojtek Genital Toy -- Charge hrs remaining:  0:00

and two more entries

Is the CURIOUS CURIO quest supposed to end (and clear itself)?  (The dialog implies that you intend to add more content.)  My last three completed entries are:

[x] Return to Millonce

[x] Look for Wayshrine

[x] Find the last toy

Is the SPREADING TOYS AND CHEER quest supposed to end (and clear itself)?  My last open entries and completed entries are:

[  ] Sweet Skooma Plug - time remaining:  0:00

[  ] Sweet Sugar Bells - time remaining:  0:00

[x] Return to the Toys Workshop

[x] Find Elisif and dance...

Per the last SPREADING quest, how do I obtain the TOYS-BASIC TINY KEY to remove my Vaginal Skooma Plug?  Nelacar refuses to drop this key.  This is the last Toy I cannot remove without a console command (or the MCM).

1 hour ago, wkchar said:

I have enjoyed playing Toy Story SE successfully on Skyrim AE 1.6.353, all 74 Creation Club Content mods, and required SexLab mods (using Vortex to organize them).  I believe I have reached the "end" of the story and would like to know if there is any content I missed.  Thus, I ask these questions:

Is CURIOS CLOTHING supposed to end (and clear itself)?  My last open entries are:

[  ] Curio Ring Gag - Charge hrs remaining:  0:00

[  ] Wojtek Genital Toy -- Charge hrs remaining:  0:00

and two more entries

Curios Clothing is a "sandbox" style quest. A quest that keeps on giving. The remaining objectives will never complete, thus nor will the quest. They show you the status of your "chargeable" toys.

When the Wojtek toy is worn and charged, it makes Wojtek invulnerable. The other 3 toys when charged and worn trigger their scenes.... NPCs will approach and ask you for something. Options to adjust all that are in the MCM and help show what's available. But you probably know all/most of that?

1 hour ago, wkchar said:

Is the CURIOUS CURIO quest supposed to end (and clear itself)?  (The dialog implies that you intend to add more content.)  My last three completed entries are:

[x] Return to Millonce

[x] Look for Wayshrine

[x] Find the last toy

No. In the future it will have an end, after we've completed the content.

1 hour ago, wkchar said:

Is the SPREADING TOYS AND CHEER quest supposed to end (and clear itself)?  My last open entries and completed entries are:

[  ] Sweet Skooma Plug - time remaining:  0:00

[  ] Sweet Sugar Bells - time remaining:  0:00

[x] Return to the Toys Workshop

[x] Find Elisif and dance...

This quest is not part of Toy Story. Its part of Toys Workshop. A sand box quest too (there's one "never ending quest" in each mod).

Similar to Curious Clothing, this one charges those 2 toys by consuming the right things, and when charged, the detrimental (addiction) buffs become beneficial, and their scenes trigger, as per its settings in MCM. Details on those 2 toys and how they work are Tips & Tricks.

1 hour ago, wkchar said:

Per the last SPREADING quest, how do I obtain the TOYS-BASIC TINY KEY to remove my Vaginal Skooma Plug?  Nelacar refuses to drop this key.  This is the last Toy I cannot remove without a console command (or the MCM).

• That's the nature of random. Perhaps install Toyful Temptations while following the golden rule of course! :D
  • Details for that are also in the Tips & Tricks. And yes Nelecar is another option.
  • Nelecar gave me that key just today. I've given you the details for Nelecar in my previous replay, and actually ended up making my answer into a FAQ here
Edited by VirginMarie
32 minutes ago, JesterGenji said:

Sorry for poor English.

I'm stuck in Darkfall Passage, I can't talk with Prelate Sidanyis.

I tried disable enable him and once with moveto.player the spank event worked but nothing go on.

Prelate Sidanyis has nothing to do with the quest.

Go to the map marker.

I found Millonce in the Mor Khazgur cellar, but it seems like I'm considered trespassing in there and she just tells me I'm not supposed to be in there.  I did some investigation and it looks like it's a mod conflict with Sounds of Skyrim - Toy Story edits the cell to have the public flag, but Sounds of Skyrim doesn't.  It was an easy fix with SSEEdit.

40 minutes ago, throwaway219 said:

I found Millonce in the Mor Khazgur cellar, but it seems like I'm considered trespassing in there and she just tells me I'm not supposed to be in there.  I did some investigation and it looks like it's a mod conflict with Sounds of Skyrim - Toy Story edits the cell to have the public flag, but Sounds of Skyrim doesn't.  It was an easy fix with SSEEdit.

I'd like to list it in Troubleshooting/Mod Conflicts but with a solution that is say.... have Toy Story load after Sounds of Skyrim. Not everyone can or wants to edit like you did. I'd need someone to test if it can be solved that way :D