HOWEVER, if you're using Nexus Mod Manager, I think you'd be looking at the "Load Order" column instead of the "Index".

CORRECTION: If you're using Nexus Mod Manager, stop using Nexus Mod Manager. Do not ever do anything Sexout-related with NMM. Use FOMM only.

HOWEVER, if you're using Nexus Mod Manager, I think you'd be looking at the "Load Order" column instead of the "Index".

CORRECTION: If you're using Nexus Mod Manager, stop using Nexus Mod Manager. Do not ever do anything Sexout-related with NMM. Use FOMM only.

I have tried and tried and tried and tried to inform people....stomp out the rampant NMM use with Sexout with the noobies, but they just won't listen. :huh:

Oh, I use FOMM. It's what I used before I found LL.

Question, though. What's so bad about NMM except for the horrible interface?

Well, I don't know much about coding and all that stuff, but I do know it's bloatware since it crashes very often. And it's like a "Jack of all trades", which is fine and dandy for most mods but a few FO mods don't play too well with it. Not to mention having to be logged in the Nexus to install stuff is really annoying for some people.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

NMM is just basically unreliable, it doesn't handle install scripts properly, and sometimes it just forgets to install some of the files. I like to use NMM as a download manager and actually install stuff with FOMM, though that's still problematic a lot of the time, since the version checking is completely broken for any mod that has multiple files. And it's been broken since NMM was first released. They haven't fixed it yet.

What he said; It wouldn't even install Project Brazil properly. It consistently sticks ESM's

after ESP's, barfs and doesn't finish installing the mod properly. I'm stuck with it, unfortunately

because FOMM crashed on me and resisted all attempts at repair and reinstallation. There's

probably some FOMM garbage left over somewhere that needs to be removed to repair it ,

but damned if I could find it...

NMM is just basically unreliable, it doesn't handle install scripts properly, and sometimes it just forgets to install some of the files. I like to use NMM as a download manager and actually install stuff with FOMM, though that's still problematic a lot of the time, since the version checking is completely broken for any mod that has multiple files. And it's been broken since NMM was first released. They haven't fixed it yet.

What he said; It wouldn't even install Project Brazil properly. It consistently sticks ESM's

after ESP's, barfs and doesn't finish installing the mod properly. I'm stuck with it, unfortunately

because FOMM crashed on me and resisted all attempts at repair and reinstallation. There's

probably some FOMM garbage left over somewhere that needs to be removed to repair it ,

but damned if I could find it...

I had the same issue as you, but with Wrye Bash instead. It wouldn't open at all and when trying to uninstall the uninstallation window would quickly shut itself down before I had the chance to do anythin. I tried manually nuking the installation folder to no avail. I tried to clean my registry with CCleaner but as the program doesn't delve too deep into it (for the best, I suppose), it didn't work either. So I had to download one of those registry-cleaning programs and run it. Fortunately, it worked without fucking my system like most registry-cleaning programs do.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 6.62 beta 1:

a little beta for you guys to mess around with in combination with Halstrom's SexoutDrugging esp (which needs SCR beta 0913; SCR-only).

The use of LustOh & SleepEz now affects your lust acceleration (100% LustOh level = +15%, like using jet, - SleepEz = -15%, it'll still go up but slower). Being under the influence of LustOh is also similar to having the nympho perk when it comes to npc's approaching you for sex.

Untested. *Should* be fine. Leaving it as an attachment for the time being in case stuff needs changing.

EDIT: beta removed

Update 6.63:

since I hear of no problems with 6.62 beta 1 (& they're unlikely to begin with) & I had something else to add, I decided to go ahead & promote it.

New in 6.63:

- added a new nx variable "Sexout:SexoutLust:LustDiff" as a convenience for other modders to give lust a bump or debuff (for player and tracked NPCs); this is in both the SCR & the SSR version & is merely a shortcut so nobody has to read lust, adjust & write it. Just set LustDiff to a positive (bump) or negative (debuff) & Lust does the rest. Don't worry about min/max capping.

- factored in an impact on Lust from using LustOh & SleepEz to work with Halstrom's SexoutDrugging - this is only in the SCR version and requires SCR beta 20130913. 100% LustOh level in your system will accelerate your Lust increase by 15%, same as Jet does, the opposite effect for SleepEz. Being under the influence of LustOh is also similar to having the nympho perk when it comes to npc's approaching you for sex.

Removed version 6.52 from the download system to avoid confusion. That one was just kept around to help people with stuck abilities upgrade to 6.6+ & should've run its course by now.

Keeping 6.62 - SCR online for people who don't want to switch to the current SCR beta at the moment, will be removed once that becomes the stable version.

No clean saves should be necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a search for "breeder" on this thread and didn't come up with any results.  So if this has been asked before and it's an annoying question, my apologies.

User29 claims Sexoutlust conflicts with breeder, but some have said they have both running fine. So what I'm curious about is this, are there options on sexoutlust that can be disabled in order to get it to play nice with breeder?  Or do people have to make the choice between going without sexoutlust or using it and taking a chance of incompatibility?  Maybe this should be on the technical forum but it isn't really that technical, its just really a question that involves a "yes, I can run it but if I disable so and so options" or a "no, I can't use it if I expect breeder to be stable".

I hear the same, but don't know what the problem is. I cracked down on some of Lust's npc approaches & other automatic stuff running when they shouldn't a while ago, which I assume was part of the incompatibility. Other than dissecting Breeder - and it's a pretty damn big mod - to look for any & all instances where something Lust might do could interfere with something Breeder does, I can't be absolutely sure. An adventurous player could run them both and see for themselves if there are problems ;)

Wait.. so the latest Lust requires the SCR beta?

Will it still work with SCR stable?

I also read somewhere this is incompatible with SOSex? I was thinking of reinstalling SOSex because I couldn't quite get that orgy I wanted going. :s

Latest lust for SCR (6.63) needs latest SCR beta because SexoutDrugging needs it. Whether it still works with the latest SCR stable version depends on the differences between the two - but 6.62 is still up too for those that want to hold off.

It's the first I've heard of a possible incompatibility with SOSex.

Honestly, a lot of times we don't really know the answer to these questions. Which is why it's important for people to try things out & report back problems.

I ran a search for "breeder" on this thread and didn't come up with any results.  So if this has been asked before and it's an annoying question, my apologies.

User29 claims Sexoutlust conflicts with breeder, but some have said they have both running fine. So what I'm curious about is this, are there options on sexoutlust that can be disabled in order to get it to play nice with breeder?  Or do people have to make the choice between going without sexoutlust or using it and taking a chance of incompatibility?  Maybe this should be on the technical forum but it isn't really that technical, its just really a question that involves a "yes, I can run it but if I disable so and so options" or a "no, I can't use it if I expect breeder to be stable".

I did some digging on that and asked in the Breeder thread once.

It has to do with Lust masturbation interfering with scripting? You'd have to ask user29 the specifics.

Maybe Sax can get in touch with him to exactly how the masturbation messes with the scripting. :P

Ofc I imagine it can be worked around by simply going into MCM and temporarily disabling the Lust/Orgasm system or whatever the MCM option is called.

Yes, it is suppose to conflict. I believe it was from an older version of Sexout Lust. I believe that DoctaSax has almost completly re-wrote the Lust module and that might have taken care of the conflict.

I personally have used Lust and Breeder at the same time with minimum issues. Note I said minimum issues. There were times when Lust kicked in when it caused some issues in the middle of other acts that were suppose to happen. On some occasions it caused the quest line to get messed up. The versions that I have used were older, much older than the current versions of Lust and Breeder from several months ago.

Devianza you seem to be very skilled with modding in general and understand what's going on when it happens, at least for the most part. Use it if you want. if it works for you then great. Keep good saves. (CASM) and you should be fine. Just don't expect good tech suport if you have both in the Load Order at the same time. (even if it isn't active)

Lust wasn't completely rewritten, just patched up with a few things, really. One of them was making sure NPC approaches didn't happen with NPCs placed in the reserved actors formlist we use for that sort of thing. That's been in there since 6.52. If Breeder has NPCs that haven't been added to that list, there can indeed still be a problem.

Automatic masturbation could still be a problem - I can build in a safety for other mods to use - as well as Lust overriding the time an act is supposed to happen, although Lust should pick up if another mod overrides that too and leave it alone in that case.

Yea I think the version I was using was perhaps even predating you. .. well your involvement in this mod :P . Yes one of the issues was the masturbation if you had too much lust. If you ran the mod with a lower lust settings it was barely noticeable.

I don't know if Breeder is using the reserved actors form-list. That would be an interesting thing to ask User. If he isn't it might be a good thing for him to add to his mod. Should help with tech support issues now and in the future.

The safety issue for other mods will greatly help in  conflicts in my opinion. That is a great idea. While we are on Ideas....

The automatic masturbation was something that disturbed me. Not that the toon masturbated it was the uncontrollable masturbation in some of the worst situations possible. On some playthrough I like the highest settings possible. I like the effects etc just wish there was some control over the situation that it occurred in. I have no problem if alone or with a companion etc just dropping in the middle of Ultra Lux and masturbating breaks immersion for me. There are areas, people and situations that it just wouldn't happen regardless of how horny an individual is regardless of how comfortable they are with their selves. Some situations that would greatly reduce or limit masturbation.

Places where wouldn't

Ultra Lux etc.

Combat.

When there is a crowd or group of people nearby (eye shot) Perhaps robots and animals would be an exception.

Places where:

Home,

Alone in caves and such,

After a major battle no longer in conbat

With your companion alone (perhaps)

Of course this is natural progression not affected by lust pills and such. That can happen where-ever because you wouldn't be yourself.

Actually, the "incompatibility" is a conflict that sometimes occurs near the beginning of the deathclaw encounter if the player orgasms before a certain NPC. A callback script would run too early because the player finished first, and the NPC would glitch. 

The conflict may not actually exist any more, so don't worry too much about it. It's Fallout, bugs pop up.

It's probably something minor that doesn't happen for all people, but User has every right to warn people about this, just in case.

Like I said earlier, it's perfectly doable to add more safety checks and options, including for some of the things Ritual mentions - but after a while the scripts are going to become a bit too heavy, imo. I'm entertaining the idea of restructuring more radically than I first set out to do, possibly in a new mod that may help facilitate a few things between the resource and functionality mods, but most of this is still very hazy.

I'm not a programmer but it seems like Skyrim was scripted differently due to how things are managed, and mods seem to impact the game differently in some way.   I can't put my finger on it.

I've never gotten into Skyrim modding, much like I never did with Oblivion, but I think it's a completely different scripting language, at least from a modder's perspective.

Oh, and scripts are written into the save. Which is why you can have uninstalled mods still trying to run, making your game horribly broken. I'm still trying (with no success) to figure out why they thought that was a good idea.

I'm not a programmer but it seems like Skyrim was scripted differently due to how things are managed, and mods seem to impact the game differently in some way.   I can't put my finger on it.

I've never gotten into Skyrim modding, much like I never did with Oblivion, but I think it's a completely different scripting language, at least from a modder's perspective.

They are completely different. Scripts in skyrim are written in a new language (papyrus) that does have some cool features and is fully object oriented. They're also stored as plaintext files in the data dir, not in the ESM/ESP files. The animation system is entirely different as well, hence FINS.

Oh, and scripts are written into the save. Which is why you can have uninstalled mods still trying to run, making your game horribly broken. I'm still trying (with no success) to figure out why they thought that was a good idea.

All of the 'cool' was outweighed (for me) as a modder due to the savegame corruption disaster, and the need for FINS (FINS itself is very nice, but the need for it.. shame on you, beth). I likely won't work on sexout for FO4, when FO4 comes out, as I expect the above problems to remain -- but also for sexlab to be more mature and fairly easily ported. That will be a somewhat nice change, as I'll be able to focus entirely on playable mods rather than framework mods. ;)

All of the 'cool' was outweighed (for me) as a modder due to the savegame corruption disaster, and the need for FINS (FINS itself is very nice, but the need for it.. shame on you, beth). I likely won't work on sexout for FO4, when FO4 comes out, as I expect the above problems to remain -- but also for sexlab to be more mature and fairly easily ported. That will be a somewhat nice change, as I'll be able to focus entirely on playable mods rather than framework mods. ;)

I don't usually join in with griping about Beth, but they did screw the pooch on that one. Of course, around here there's more chance of the exact opposite. :D