Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

Ok now I have this crash when I activate the legacy option in fomm.exe.config. If I comment it, the program run well until I try to install a fomod

Nom d’événement de problème:    APPCRASH
  Nom de l’application:    fomm.exe
  Version de l’application:    0.14.10.8
  Horodatage de l’application:    536e31e3
  Nom du module par défaut:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Version du module par défaut:    6.3.9600.17055
  Horodateur du module par défaut:    532943a3
  Code de l’exception:    e0434352
  Décalage de l’exception:    00011d4d
  Version du système:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    1033
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:    5861
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:    d1d9
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:    d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

I believe the Legacy FOMM.exe.config is only good for Windows 7 & 8 or if you use NET 4.0 or earlier.

You need it on any windows version, and any .net version.

The issue is FOMM is using legacy .Net stuff from 2 or 3, but it requires 4.0 for some of the new features. That legacy stuff is being deprecated so until we can change it, the config file is needed to tell it to enable it for a 4.0 app.

I believe the Legacy FOMM.exe.config is only good for Windows 7 & 8 or if you use NET 4.0 or earlier.

I'm mainly testing builds on Win8.1Pro x64.

This setting is required for code compiled with .net 4.0+ as security policy to run on-the-fly compiled code had changed.

I hope, I will have time this weekend to finish up some chunks of code and release new version...

• 2 weeks later...

Bug: FOMM mod list order gets confused by updates

See screenshot:

- I'm getting an error that sexout is loaded after SCR

- Which the mod index for sexout indicates is correct

- But the list order does not

- If I tick and untick sexout.esm, it makes no difference, but if I move it up and down it fixes itself.

post-158171-0-22963400-1404045252_thumb.png

You can also download LOOT and run it outside of FOMM and get similar results. LOOT runs based on the mods themselves instead of a list. Yes there are options to make a list as well so that if there are some mods that you want  or need in a particular order you can still do so (similar to BUM so I have been told). LOOT also gives you some nice prompts about cleaning the mods and other useful info. I never really used BOSS because I can read OPs and instructions and run the order that way also checking the masters of the various mods give me a good idea of the order as well. Now LOOT checks the masters for me. I then just make a few minor changes ( not really necessary normally) to suit my OCD Load order issues and done.

This is really strange.  Been using the FOMM that I installed from Nexus, ages ago it seems, and never an issue until today.  That odd message that says a bad error has occurred and something about a crash dump.  This has finally motivated me to upgrade to this newer version of FOMM.  Problem is that it was so long ago and if I remember right all you had to do was follow a wizard that did pretty much all the work for you.

I look at the new FOMM and it looks pretty intimidating.  All kinds of stuff and not sure where to put it all.  Glad to see posts that say it can go over an existing FOMM.  Install instructions don't seem to really point out where things go, so fingers crossed for success.  Stuff I've read online pretty much suggests to reinstall the game and FOMM.  That's what I"m currently doing.  Thankfully FNV with all it's DLCs does not take a lot of time to download.

Really don't understand how that error could occur so suddenly.  I have noticed though that when installing the game I have to turn off my PC security, otherwise it just pretty much does nothing and has a message that it's queued to be installed on Steam.  This only happened with the couple of recent reinstalls.  I hope AVG isn't blocking my mod manager somehow.  That would suck.

Error message to be more specific.

Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 4:11:54 PM
Fomm 0.14.10.8
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.ArgumentException: Unrecognized file format.
Parameter name: p_strPath
   at Fomm.PackageManager.FomodBuilder.FomodFromSourceBuilder.BuildFomodFromSource(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.AddNewFomod(String p_strPath)
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.addFOMODToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.PerformClick()
   at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at Fomm.Controls.SplitButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

edit: Reinstalled FNV and used new FOMM from here on LL and all seemed well until I tried to add a mod to FOMM and same message appeared and FOMM crash immediately after hitting message button "OK". 

Also read to update to .NET 3 to resolve issue, but still not working.  I'll keep reading hoping I'll find a fix.

Should be . Net 4 now.  (Double-Check the OP.)

Yeah.  I noticed that too.  Sorry.  It seems the issue was completely unrelated to everything I've read for the past few hours or so.  Nexus is having some problems and the files I downloaded were empty and couldn't be zipped.  So every time I tried to install one of these files, FOMM would crash.  I didn't need to reinstall the game or FOMM I guess.  At least I got to update. ^^

We live.  We learn.

Yeah.  I noticed that too.  Sorry.  It seems the issue was completely unrelated to everything I've read for the past few hours or so.  Nexus is having some problems and the files I downloaded were empty and couldn't be zipped.  So every time I tried to install one of these files, FOMM would crash.  I didn't need to reinstall the game or FOMM I guess.  At least I got to update. ^^

We live.  We learn.

Could you please attach file, that you added before crash?

I thinking there is something with 7zip, but I can't find correct test-case file...

Whatever it is, an exception handler around it popping up a generic message saying "problem houston" is better than a crash. Doesn't really matter if they open a real zip, a corrupted one, or a file full of random garbage.

I have some reports on NexusMods and GitHub about this... So this may be an error in 7zip implementation or something...

I just need some 100% fail file to trace this on few PCs

Ok so I decided to go back to the original version (the one on the nexus) as soon as I activate the security option I get the kernelbalse problem I wrote about earlier:

Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:    APPCRASH
  Nom de l’application:    fomm.exe
  Version de l’application:    0.14.10.8
  Horodatage de l’application:    536e31e3
  Nom du module par défaut:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Version du module par défaut:    6.3.9600.17055
  Horodateur du module par défaut:    532943a3
  Code de l’exception:    e0434352
  Décalage de l’exception:    00011d4d
  Version du système:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:    1033
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:    5861
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:    5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:    d1d9
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:    d1d94a13d3609d6b740644c12508f581

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne :
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion :
  C:\WINDOWS\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

I will try the next compiled version you may post though

We live.  We learn.

Could you please attach file, that you added before crash?

I thinking there is something with 7zip, but I can't find correct test-case file...

Sorry, I deleted those files right after I figured out the problem.  I was trying to add a couple of weapon mods from Millenia.  Yesterday was the same issue with Nexus.  I imagine they're just doing maintenance that isn't announced.  Now I make it a priority to check my files before I add them.  FOMM is working just fine.