Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

that's my (second I think) merge request .

Ok.. I saw two and then one got pulled or disappeared or something I thought? I'll look again as soon as I am able.

If it wasn't clear, I wasn't talking about having FOMM open while the GECK is open.  Irrelevant anyway as that I should be zipping my esps for the very reason that jaam mentioned.

I know. Jaam was, that's why I quoted him and not you. ;)

If it wasn't clear, I wasn't talking about having FOMM open while the GECK is open.  Irrelevant anyway as that I should be zipping my esps for the very reason that jaam mentioned.

I know. Jaam was, that's why I quoted him and not you. ;)

As that miscommunication has been plaguing my week left and right, I just wanted to point out that it was not one of my (getting less frequent) fuck-ups.  :D

I expected the two of you to back and forth another message or two, not burn through an entire page. Yes, entirely my fault for opening that door, an error I'm correcting. xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.86ZlZhEa46.png

:blush:

There was a door?  I just remember ritual complimenting the wrong mod/program in the wrong thread.  :P

Yeah besides all the energy it saves transmitting an extra 34kb larger file saving a bunch of tree's or coal resources :)

Yeah dating is the reason I do it, it also means people are forced to keep backups on their PC if they want to roll back. It makes my backups easy to find too and prevents me accidently overwriting backup files.

GECK does make backups (NV does anyway), but talking about how you'll know what version of something you have installed since not all mod authors have clearly defined build numbers.  For example, if i actually zipped the Bangatron! with the date, you could just compare the name/date in FOMM's Package Manager to the last updated date in the thread title instead of wondering which version you have without having an answer.  Some people are more diligent about moving and deleting things than I am.

Is this a standalone download or do I need to download Fallout Mod Manager off of Nexus then download this? If it isn't do I just download this or is there some hoops I have to jump through? I apprciate any help I'm pretty new to modding my games.

Is this a standalone download or do I need to download Fallout Mod Manager off of Nexus then download this? If it isn't do I just download this or is there some hoops I have to jump through? I apprciate any help I'm pretty new to modding my games.

No you should only need this/these

From the OP.

Requirements

- Windows w/ .Net 3.5 Runtime

- Fallout 3 and/or Fallout New Vegas

Installation

- Extract to an empty directory and run!

Screenshots

C57MtmIs.jpg

After starting the program from FOMM.exe it will prompt you for whatever you need to set it up .. Then start installing the mods. If you are unsure of the installation or other features there are some links in my sig that can help give more clarifications. Happy modding.

From the OP.

Requirements

Installation

Screenshots

C57MtmIs.jpg

After starting the program from FOMM.exe it will prompt you for whatever you need to set it up .. Then start installing the mods. If you are unsure of the installation or other features there are some links in my sig that can help give more clarifications. Happy modding.

.net framework v4+

From the OP.

Requirements

Installation

Screenshots
C57MtmIs.jpg

.net framework v4+

just copying from the op

:)

With the newest version after I select a game, its just closes and nothing happens. Previous version worked fine.

Kinda sucks because I was just in the middle of re-installing New Vegas and that's kinda out the window with this not working.

And yes, I have net framework 4.

Did you start FNV at least once normally? Allow it to set up itself before installing or attempting to install mods? Not that it is the solution but it is a good practice that I started doing and has good results. Also make sure you have .net 4+ I don't believe net4+ comes with Windows 7 or before. (without an updated.)

I have windows 8, And have tried installing .net framework 4 several times, and each time it tells me I already have the latest version, and I ran New Vegas after installing it.

The old version mod manager did run a few times while installing NVSE and the extender, but the next time I tried to open it, it said it needed to update itself, but than crashed every time, So I went here, downloaded the latest version, and it promptly refuses to run after selecting a game.

Well I managed to get past it not doing anything by changing the fomm.exe.config line "NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled" from true to false, now however it gives a popup that says its trying to update some of its files, and crashes. At least this time it gives a dump file though.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 12:23:22 PM

Fomm 0.14.10.8
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
   at Fomm.BackgroundWorkerProgressDialog.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
   at Fomm.InstallLogUpgraders.Upgrader.PerformUpgrade()
   at Fomm.InstallLogUpgraders.InstallLogUpgrader.UpgradeInstallLog()
   at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)