Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

i was referring to the one on the nexus, yes. i downloaded and it ran fine. i closed it and tried to run this version again, which did nothing. the first time i run it after extracting, it asks me which game I want to manage. i choose NV and that's it, the exe doesn't work.

I am getting a consistent crash to desktop on the final mod any time I use "Activate Group". Here's the crashdump from the last incident:

Ā 

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 11:09:01 PM
Fomm 0.14.10.8
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Fomm.Games.GameMode.getPluginDependencyStatus(String name, Boolean showMessage)
at Fomm.Games.Fallout3.PluginFormatProviders.ColorizerPluginFormatProvider.GetFormat(String p_strPluginName)
at Fomm.PluginFormat.PluginFormatterManager.GetFormat(String p_strPluginName)
at Fomm.MainForm.RefreshPluginList()
at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.bActivateGroup_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm using FOMM Build 0.14.10.8

I've finished up local testing of an update that gets rid of the need for that .config file and the legacy security stuff. Was fairly simple, seems to work ok. I tested install and uninstall of Sexout, ZAZ, Tryouts, and TTW initially -- all worked well -- so I reinstalled all my active mods and no problems found.

Ā 

If there are other mods that have unique or complicated fomod install scripts that I should test, let me know. This change centers around the security policy for fomod install scripts, so just testing random mods that all use the basic installer or something won't get us anywhere.

Ā 

There are no changes to what is allowed or disallowed (the policy itself), just replacing some .net functions that are deprecated in 4.0 and might be removed in 4.5 or some later version.

Ā 

Full diff for the curious/paranoid: http://git.loverslab.com/prideslayer/fomm/commit/3e40a42d67e86483daa9ee5d606ba8f669991126

Version: 0.14.11.9 in OP

- Updated security stuff so the legacy setting is no longer required.

- Disabled the "deactivate all" button for now.

- Fixed a bug in "activate group".

- Internal C# script compiles no longer generate debug files (.pdbs).

Ā 

When installing this one, delete any existing "fomm.exe.config" file from the FOMM directory. That file is no longer needed. 10.8 will remain for a while in case problems arise with this new version.

The OP now has an installer (innosetup) attached for 0.14.11.9. Been a while since I used innosetup but it seems to be working. It checks for .net4 and will abort installation if it's not found.

Ā 

Don't have to use it, just there to make things easier going forward.

Ā 

NOTE: Using the installer does NOT put your installed mods at risk. Uninstalling it or reinstalling it will not touch the FOMM mod library directories or install log.

Ā 

When installing this one, delete any existing "fomm.exe.config" file from the FOMM directory. That file is no longer needed. 10.8 will remain for a while in case problems arise with this new version.

Ā 

Did that changes removed need of Legacy Secuity Policy?

If i remember correctly, Unified HUD and Project Nevada were causing this kind of error...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did that changes removed need of Legacy Secuity Policy?

If i remember correctly, Unified HUD and Project Nevada were causing this kind of error...

Ā 

Yeah that's the intent. I'll try those two out now.

Guest xlaw10

So when I try to open FOMM after having put in and activated new ESMs, I get a message telling me that my ESMS have all been removed. It makes me uninstall all of them if I want to open the program, clearing the folder, and I'm left without any of them even in the program? Any clue what I might be doing to cause this?

So when I try to open FOMM after having put in and activated new ESMs, I get a message telling me that my ESMS have all been removed. It makes me uninstall all of them if I want to open the program, clearing the folder, and I'm left without any of them even in the program? Any clue what I might be doing to cause this?

Ā 

Can you, please. be more specific?

Screenshots before/after at least.

Guest xlaw10

Ā 

Ā 

Can you, please. be more specific?

Screenshots before/after at least.

Ā 

Ā 

I'll repopulate the list a little to try to recreate this. I'm just throwing in a few esms on the top of my list, so don't mind missing dependencies.
Ā 
Here's the message I'm getting. Sometimes I'll also get a random assortment of my esm's back when I restart the program, but they'll allĀ be gone again next time I try. I also tend to activate fomods in the package manager then, after I check their boxes in the main FOMM screen, have them disappear from the package manager list. Whenever that happens, restarting FOMM generates the message to uninstall my fomods. Sorry for the scattered description, but I'm not sure what's causing this. I'm sure it's a dumb mistake on my end.
Ā 
I don't suppose orange items in my mod order would be related to this? I've never had these issues in the past, and I tend to reinstall FNV and its mods every few months.

post-110724-0-78137000-1406205761_thumb.png

post-110724-0-44440400-1406205769_thumb.png

post-110724-0-71044500-1406205779_thumb.png

I want to say that I've had this problem before when I uninstalled something outside of FOMM.Ā  Don't remember what orange means (either load order is wrong or master isn't found, which I imagine that is what's going on for you).Ā  Don't ask me what I did to fix it.Ā  Probably started from scratch.

Ā 

Wait for pride or niv to respond before you do that.

Guest xlaw10

I want to say that I've had this problem before when I uninstalled something outside of FOMM.Ā  Don't remember what orange means (either load order is wrong or master isn't found, which I imagine that is what's going on for you).Ā  Don't ask me what I did to fix it.Ā  Probably started from scratch.

Ā 

Wait for pride or niv to respond before you do that.

Ā 

I appreciate the response. I've been trying to start from scratch (well, almost), actually, but it keeps throwing old force-uninstalled esms back on the screen when I try to reinstall.

Ā 

TheĀ only thing I may have done differently concerns where FOMM saves mods. I've always used the default, but this time I'm using the same folder that I use to download mods initially, which I suppose is why "cache" is there. I don't touch that folder though, so I'm not sure why that'd have any impact here? I also wasn't aware that folder had any impact on what happens in-game, but I'm not really qualified to speculate on any of this.

I know BSA Extractor is a standalone software, but is the BSA Extractor included in FOMM something you manage too?

Ā 

I'm pretty sure it is the one from OBMM, maybe updated for Fallout3. As far as I know, BSA format for FO3/FNV and Skyrim is identical.

Well, more a request, that's why I was wondering if Pride could put the hands on it. I can't manage to make asterisks (wildcards? I mean this >>> *) work on that, it would be very handy if it could filter words like it happens in GECK. Something like mesh*cha*idle >>> meshes\characters\_male\idleanims etc. the fact it filters only if you are precise and specify the correct letters is hard to be used when you must manage thousand files