Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

Well, more a request, that's why I was wondering if Pride could put the hands on it. I can't manage to make asterisks (wildcards? I mean this >>> *) work on that, it would be very handy if it could filter words like it happens in GECK. Something like mesh*cha*idle >>> meshes\characters\_male\idleanims etc. the fact it filters only if you are precise and specify the correct letters is hard to be used when you must manage thousand files

Would not that be the reason for the regex check box ?

Just to confirm, this would be the correct method?

Command
E:\gameutils\FNV4GB\fnv4gb.exe

Arguments
-exe "E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\FalloutNV.exe" -SteamAppID 22380

or should I put fnv4gb.exe/fnv4gb_helper.dll into the FNV folder and run from there?

EDIT - Something else, can I start using this with an existing savegame?

REGular EXpression. It's a standardized way of specifying a match. I am not very good with it so I use Google  when I need it. Find how to specify a double wildcard in the matching string.

Found it, thank you :)

a bit complex, anyway... oh god why there are so many hard things to learn!

regex is easy, there are two important things to remember with them when you're a 'newbie'.

1. Matches are 'greedy' by default. A regex like "abc.*lmn" will match things that do NOT have the LMN because the wildcard after ABC matched everything. You make them un-greedy by following them with a question mark, so "abc.*?lmn" will match "abc, followed by anything else, as long as it's followed by lmn".

2. A normal regex wildcard is two characters. The period '.' matches any character -- the asterisk '*' tells it to repeat the preceding match 0 or more times. So '.*' which you'll see a lot in regexes means "match anything". If you want "one or more" rather than "zero or more", use a plus '+' instead of an asterisk.

regularexpressions.info is a great site.

The following is a quote from a post I did yesterday in RitualClarity's thread about SCR install tutorial:

Just a note:

I have both Fomm 0.14.11.9 "Official" (the one on Nexus with some anti crash corrections) and the "Prideslayer's custom" (from here LL).

Well, trying to create the fomod using the custom one leads always to a fomm crash.

I was able, instead, to create the fomod using the official (nexus corrected) version.

As she/he suggested, it's a good idea to report here for you.

The following is a quote from a post I did yesterday in RitualClarity's thread about SCR install tutorial:

Just a note:

I have both Fomm 0.14.11.9 "Official" (the one on Nexus with some anti crash corrections) and the "Prideslayer's custom" (from here LL).

Well, trying to create the fomod using the custom one leads always to a fomm crash.

I was able, instead, to create the fomod using the official (nexus corrected) version.

As she/he suggested, it's a good idea to report here for you.

It should be noted, that this two versions are the same =)

so its very curious...

• 2 weeks later...

The fallout launcher runs whenever you DON'T have steam already running before you start, or (sometimes) if steam has updated itself between runs. The next time you run FOMM it will run normally, no need to manually edit INI files.

Also, there is no difference between running the game that way or not; it's not like the mods aren't going to be active or something. Just don't mess around with mod activation and such from within the launcher options menu.

Whenever the vanilla Fallout launcher opens it overwrites the .ini files in the Documents folder with the ones in the same folder as the .exe for no reason other than to screw with users. You can make changes to both, but if you ever validate the install and forget... Say goodbye to any special tweaks you might have made.

If you ever validate the install, you can say goodbye to just about everything. Don't do that unless you have to. ;)

Yeah-I absolutely hate doing that. It always insists on reinstalling those packs I wish I had never bought and always end up deleting, not to mention the various tweaks I have made and then forgotten.

If you ever validate the install, you can say goodbye to just about everything. Don't do that unless you have to. ;)

Just copy off the files you are editing. Make them a backup in case you screw up your edit. Edit the files to your hearts content. Copy that edit and drag and drop back where it was you pulled them from. Keep the edited copy as a back up and if ever re-verify just drag and drop that copy back after verification. A few seconds and your done. I even do this for my Cleaned Skyrim masters. Will do it now for any Fallout files that I have cleaned as well as the ini configs I need to do when setting up fallout again. I'll be dammed if I have to take a day to reconfigure all these files again.. ;) New Tweaks .. yes, re-do my work.. hell no :D.

• 1 month later...
Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 2:22:26 PM

Fomm 0.14.11.9

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.InvalidOperationException: No upgrade or downgrade available for Install Log Version 0.4.0.0.

at Fomm.InstallLogUpgraders.InstallLogUpgrader.UpgradeInstallLog()

at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

I KEEP getting this crashdump message no matter what version of FOMM I install. It only happens with FNV, not Fallout 3. I don't know what the problem is. I have no mods installed, I uninstalled everything and started over from scratch after using NMM, which worked fine until I tried to install TTW.

There are two things you did that when combined cause this error.

1. You used both NMM and FOMM for the same game. This works with older versions of NMM, looks like they changed the installlog format/version again though.

2. In NMM and FOMM, you used the same directory for the mods; e.g. c:\games\FalloutNV. This causes NMM and FOMM to fight over the InstallLog.xml file.

Your best course of action right now is the following. It's not pretty.

1. Backup your entire FONV directory (program files\...\Fallout New Vegas\), just in case.

2. If NMM is still working, uninstall all FONV mods with it.

3. In steam, run the cache validation. This will reset *everything* in your FONV directory to vanilla.

4. Move c:\games\falloutnv to c:\games\falloutnv.bak or somethign.

5. Change the directory used to track mods in FOMM, NMM, or both. In FOMM it's under 'Fallout: New Vegas' in the settings window.

You're ready to start installing FONV mods again. Pick NMM, FOMM, MO or whatever *now* and do not change your mind later. Step 4 is there so you don't lose any mods you've downloaded, you can add them to NMM or FOMM from that old dir. When you're done, delete c:\games\falloutnv.bak