Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

I didn't realize that they had stuff on github. No wonder Google drive wasn't turning up the files.  : P

Green-colored :heart:

FWIW:  NV's masterlist was supposedly updated 4 days ago.  Didn't recognize 48 of my plugins.  I didn't realize that I was so specialized.

EDIT:  So FOMM's obviously pointing to the old Google Drive location and not github (which you all knew, I'm sure), so you get a 401 unauthorized message.  It crashed FOMM in the past for me before I knew that they had moved from BOSS to LOOT.  That was my initial concern for others.

:D

If memory served me correctly there was a place to put the boss masterlist inside of FOMM to get it properly updated and just stop asking for it to update and the errors shouldn't be an issue anymore. Perhaps you might even edit that list to suit your needs and not have any further issues related to load order.

NV.  NVSE.  No 4Gb.  Tried it normally.  Tried adding back Fallout_Fullscreen.exe as the custom command.  Tried with it + custom launcher.

No windows.  No errors.  Just nothing.  After rolling back to 14.10.2, it works fine.

EDIT:  I think I used the BOSS masterlist feature earlier.  Then I rolled back to 14.10.2.  After you responded, I reinstalled 14.10.7.  That time I didn't touch the BOSS command, and I made sure that Fallout_Fullscreen.exe wasn't still running (since it keeps running after NV crashes, and FOMM won't/can't relaunch it due to how it's already running).

If you're talking about Fallout_Fullscreen, yep.  That's what I do.  Alternately, you can right-click on your task bar and select "Start Task Manager."  Or if you're using Windows 7, use use a mischievous fallout_fullscreen, and a temperamental GECK, you can pin it to the taskbar since you know you're going to have to launch it.  :P

Tested the copy.  Works now!  *confetti!*  :lol:

I was talking about any program that is running. Sometimes it/ they don't stop properly and still running in the background. This way you can chase it down and kill it. I have had problems with programs doing this and when attempted to start again it won't work, but if I reboot it would... ;)

hello guys. a quick question about halstroms build. first of all, i love it.  i have a question regarding the masterlist. i assume that your build can use a straight masterlist.txt. my question would be where do i need to place the masterlist for fomm to find it. i have tried c:\ , c:\boss, game dir, falloutnewvegas\data, and dropping it in fomms' folder. i would have no problem editing the exe if you wanted me too but there is only so much you can do (well, that i can do) with cffexplorer. i have been awake for awhile and staring at this screen for oh... 17 hours now. maybe i'm slipping, just let me know :) thanks in advance.

hello guys. a quick question about halstroms build. first of all, i love it.  i have a question regarding the masterlist. i assume that your build can use a straight masterlist.txt. my question would be where do i need to place the masterlist for fomm to find it. i have tried c:\ , c:\boss, game dir, falloutnewvegas\data, and dropping it in fomms' folder. i would have no problem editing the exe if you wanted me too but there is only so much you can do (well, that i can do) with cffexplorer. i have been awake for awhile and staring at this screen for oh... 17 hours now. maybe i'm slipping, just let me know :) thanks in advance.

"lotemplate.txt" under "Install Info" directory (from FOMM settings).

Thank you for answering my question niveuseverto. now that it is named correctly, and in the right dir, i don't get the masterlist not present warning anymore. but when i tell it to autosort, nothing changes in my load order, even when falloutnv.esm is placed after the dlc. the first line in the code says <!DOCTYPE html><html class="   "> does that sound right or have i done something else wrong with something no one else has had problems with. :( thanks again for helping this fomm noob. update: i was running 14.10.2 and upgraded to 14.10.8 with no change.

Edited by davidporter89

Thank you for answering my question niveuseverto. now that it is named correctly, and in the right dir, i don't get the masterlist not present warning anymore. but when i tell it to autosort, nothing changes in my load order, even when falloutnv.esm is placed after the dlc. the first line in the code says <!DOCTYPE html><html class="   "> does that sound right or have i done something else wrong with something no one else has had problems with. :( thanks again for helping this fomm noob. update: i was running 14.10.2 and upgraded to 14.10.8 with no change.

Hmmm... your load order should be downloaded from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boss-developers/falloutnv/master/masterlist.txt

If you have updated to 0.14.10.8 - you can just delete it and FOMM will download latest version itself.

it seems the powers that be don't like proxies, but we already knew that. apparently, the html info from the mirror found it's way into my download. i suspect it may have something to do with my other problem posting here sometimes. now, i don't know much.... but if it is modifying my files in transit, does that not mean they are reading everything i do? i am not hiding anything, well, i try to make it appear that i am so uncle sam can work for the money he steals. i knew cispa effectively ended privacy and began internet censorship, but i did not know to what extent. apparently i can not get out of this fascist country quick enough. thank you for the help niveuseverto, i doubt i would have figured out what was going on had you not given me the clues. update: i kinda figured it would do this which is why i havent used BOSS before, but it put sexoutleigon.esm right on top of sexoutslavery.esm...... despite the fact that it should be the other way around. has the suggested load order changed? or am i right in assuming that their algorithm is flawed as it always has, and always will, be?

Are you using the real BOSS, or the FOMM built in BOSS thing? The built in one does not actually use BOSS, it just uses the masterlist, and the sexout files are not in it so they get put in nonsensical order. The real BOSS program looks at the masterlist for hints and if it doesn't find things there, it looks inside the ESM files themselves.

Also, aside, I'll get niv's latest tag built and up in the OP later on today. My SAN nightmare at the office is still not over. :(