Fertility Mode+ - Immersive Effects

2 hours ago, Suke23 said:

I take it the very beta updates will only really work with CBBE? mainly because there is no unp/bhunp textures for it?

Correct.

The author is working on BHUNP support, but no timeline from what I know.

55 minutes ago, w234aew said:

Correct.

The author is working on BHUNP support, but no timeline from what I know.

I actually did some paint work in photoshop bashing together the original pregnancy textures with the 16k unp skin textures that work with fair skin. I can upload with both you and @donnerwetter the authors permission. For temporary use until he does his full bake/projection paint.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39546 

I've also custom edited the skin to work without needing COTR

Additionally, I don't know if this has been reported yet but I assume this happens when the normal maps need to be applied, but it seems to constantly be running. Possible to limit this in the future to only update every few hours or an option to set the update time for that (Although you may already have this in mind). Having this in my game now would it be cause for concern on this save?

Capture1.PNG

Edited by Suke23
23 hours ago, Suke23 said:

I actually did some paint work in photoshop bashing together the original pregnancy textures with the 16k unp skin textures that work with fair skin. I can upload with both you and @donnerwetter the authors permission. For temporary use until he does his full bake/projection paint.

That would 100% be something to ask @donnerwetter.

23 hours ago, Suke23 said:

Additionally, I don't know if this has been reported yet but I assume this happens when the normal maps need to be applied, but it seems to constantly be running. Possible to limit this in the future to only update every few hours or an option to set the update time for that (Although you may already have this in mind). Having this in my game now would it be cause for concern on this save?

It's actually supposed to do that. Those messages are just debug to make sure it's working correctly (it's called VERY BETA for a reason after all).

This is a different type of effect than the random events. Those are timed, fire-and-forget.

The actual spell behind the updating is an ability, and checks detection on a number of events (NiNode update, game load/start, hourly check, on MCM open/close). This ensures that the normal map gets correctly applied.

Changing normal maps is a lot more finnicky than getting racemenu overlays to work, so I just wanted to make sure it was doing exactly what I wanted it to.

Have stalled with MCM progress due to IRL significant changes,  but before the end of the year I hope to complete it and release 1.0.

EDIT: Also, those messages will be removed on full release, and I think on the next beta release if there's another one.

Edited by w234aew
1 hour ago, Debaster said:

Just bumping this thread with the new shiznit. Do you think this mod will better handle the normal map swapping and make that part of this mod unnecessary? The obvious benefit is separate normal maps for beast races and custom races.

Depends, that one only works with SLIF scaling and SGO4.

I only use native bodymorphs, so I require building it in.

In the next version, I'll write an exception that looks for their ESP so that the normalmap doesn't get overwritten twice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:36 AM, Ty1er305 said:

So when do you think the next update will be released ? And do you think it'll have that slight belly movement you were talking about.

Probably end of the year. Changes to available time and switching to AE mean that development has slowed.

12 hours ago, Themanman said:

Does the pregnancy normal map switching only affect the PC, or NPCs as well?

It should work for both, but depending on the PC you might have fewer debugging options.

The "MCM Debug" will only work on PC.

I typically play a female PC for testing, which means the PC has the "Normal Map Updater" spell applied, be it automatically or by the MCM.

With a male PC, the system is reliant on the NPCs having that spell applied correctly.

However, I've written it so that it should automatically update on quite a few events (ex. hourly update, NiO update, quest updates, etc.), for both the PC and NPC.

If anyone plays as a male PC, I'd be interested to hear how well the Normal Map system is working for them.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone had any luck working this mod and fertility adventures as well as the idle animation mod and the normal map mod into licentia or any other mod pack? licentia is the only modpack ive found so far that includes fm v3, it would be perfect if it also included these 4 mods, that labor animation fix in the forums on fmv3 would be icing on the cake!

Please tell me we'll be able to turn off the cravings/random eating at some point. I'm playing with Sunhelm Survival and sometimes I realize I've run out of food while out on an adventure. This would normally force me to spend some time trying to find some good eats to loot rather than go back to town, but then this highly immersive feature kicks in and my girl pulls a whole pie out of her ass, filling the hunger bar using resources that were never there.

Basically, you can never starve, and I'd really appreciate it if I could just turn it off. If you're feeling ambitious, perhaps you could make an alternate system that just makes the player hungrier when it happens. It would be easier to just turn it off though.

10 hours ago, Garfer said:

Please tell me we'll be able to turn off the cravings/random eating at some point. I'm playing with Sunhelm Survival and sometimes I realize I've run out of food while out on an adventure. This would normally force me to spend some time trying to find some good eats to loot rather than go back to town, but then this highly immersive feature kicks in and my girl pulls a whole pie out of her ass, filling the hunger bar using resources that were never there.

Basically, you can never starve, and I'd really appreciate it if I could just turn it off. If you're feeling ambitious, perhaps you could make an alternate system that just makes the player hungrier when it happens. It would be easier to just turn it off though.

Yeah, I really need to turn down the probability on that feature, or set a counter to count the # of times it goes off in a day.

I play with iNeed installed, so I do experience a similar issue right now. I haven't had time to mod in weeks though.

On 9/7/2022 at 5:52 AM, mangalo said:

I don't know if you're still working on new effets, but if so, could you consider adding an effect that prevents the wearing of heavy armour ?  It was present in some Beeing Female addon, and it was kind of fun having to wear regular clothes when pregnant.

I'll refer you to this comment for why that feature (which is planned) isn't included yet.

14 hours ago, w234aew said:

Yeah, I really need to turn down the probability on that feature, or set a counter to count the # of times it goes off in a day.

I play with iNeed installed, so I do experience a similar issue right now. I haven't had time to mod in weeks though.

That's completely understandable.

Although I would probably still prefer not to use the cravings part of the mod myself, that would help a lot. Does the code currently check for combat? I swear I've had it trigger during a battle with a dragon lol. 

I feel like the dialogues (all dialogues) are happening too frequently as well, although I haven't tried the latest beta that reduces the morning sickness probability (I didn't want to deal with the always-on message that displays for the normal map swapper). Still, it seems like when it does happen, everyone in town has something to say about it for the duration of the event.

This last part would become exceptionally annoying if there was future voice/Project Echo support, which I feel is needed to make the mod feature complete. The dialogues would have to be finalized before that though, and I as I understand you are still working on that part.

Anyways, thanks for your time, and I'll likely have more feedback for you as I test the mod.

On 9/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, w234aew said:

If anyone plays as a male PC, I'd be interested to hear how well the Normal Map system is working for them.

This is a little late but I've been playing my latest playthough as a male PC and I haven't encountered any issues with FM+. I've knocked up humanoids, khajiit, and argonian npc's and I haven't seen any normal map swapping issues at all. Lotta barf on my furniture tho

bad Lydia

ScreenShot61.thumb.png.842afc4bdfaeeeab92a5cc24ede871d4.png

Edited by Debaster
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the normal map swap issue where one moment everything is all hunky dorey, then as soon as you swap out armor or clothes your body texture goes from what what it should be to a darker blurry mush like texture, minus your hands-feet&head? If so, I've definitely ran into that problem and wasn't sure of the cause. 

3 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

Is the normal map swap issue where one moment everything is all hunky dorey, then as soon as you swap out armor or clothes your body texture goes from what what it should be to a darker blurry mush like texture, minus your hands-feet&head? If so, I've definitely ran into that problem and wasn't sure of the cause. 

Which mod version do you have installed?

Some of the 0.9 beta release versions had a bad ESP/script, which could result in this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 8:14 AM, w234aew said:

image.png.e5b0820231b7ec15df8963058b291bae.png

Incidentally, if with 0.9.1 you experience an issue with the body normals glitching, I have a fix ready for it (will be in the final version regardless).

I tried using version 0.9.1 and when creating new character using a preset, the body just started flickering with funny transparency effect. Is this the glitch mentioned here or is it something else? The glitch stays when exiting character creator. I also used DW swapper with your mod, did I messed up in the installation process? Thx for the awesome mod!