Fertility Mode+ - Immersive Effects

22 hours ago, LordAzelion said:

I tried using version 0.9.1 and when creating new character using a preset, the body just started flickering with funny transparency effect. Is this the glitch mentioned here or is it something else? The glitch stays when exiting character creator. I also used DW swapper with your mod, did I messed up in the installation process? Thx for the awesome mod!

Make sure you checked the "Fertility Mode" options when installing the Normal Maps.

If it's still giving you a problem, you might be working with one of the 0.9.1 versions that had the glitch. Try this one:

FM+ - Immersive Effects 0.9.2.7z

1 hour ago, w234aew said:

Make sure you checked the "Fertility Mode" options when installing the Normal Maps.

If it's still giving you a problem, you might be working with one of the 0.9.1 versions that had the glitch. Try this one:

FM+ - Immersive Effects 0.9.2.7z 39.35 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you for the reply! Yes I ticked the fertility mode option.

I have tried version 0.9.2 that you provided and this time ticked the change default normal map from DW's fomod but the problem still persist. I tried not ticking the change default option with the same result. Previously I have been using your version 0.8 prelim without problem (I think? as I haven't got time to reach being pregnant before I restart due to mod changes XD). 

Attached are the pictures of said problem from racemenu and in game after exiting race menu (Tried to screenshot as SFW as possible, sorry if it doesn't highlight it clear enough). If you are interested here is my Mod List on pastebin (I cant get modwatch to work). All fertility mode related mods should be under [Immersion] separator. You will see two version of your mod and another normal map swapper but those are not active when i tested, they are there from my stable profile.

Thanks again for the help! Your mod is the reason I started to browse lovers lab as I always stick to nexus for the ease of browsing. 

PS: Didn't know how to find forum for related mods lol, I laugh when I found out your post about 0.9 update in forum because people didn't read and I end up reading from page 1 to 11 XD. Someone enlighten me how to find mod forums in LL pls.

00.jpg

01.jpg

33 minutes ago, LordAzelion said:

Thank you for the reply! Yes I ticked the fertility mode option.

I have tried version 0.9.2 that you provided and this time ticked the change default normal map from DW's fomod but the problem still persist.

You actually don't want the Default option, you want to select the "Fertility Mode+" option.

There is no actual Normal Map Swapping built into FM+ (as in SubHuman's version), it all comes from either my mod or from the other Normal Map Swapper.

On that note, you may want to try actually uninstalling that other normal map swapping mod, not just disabling it.

Disabling mods can sometimes cause weird behaviors (because their script files are still present in the data folder), which can allow their scripts to remain active.

Also, to me it kind of looks like some override mods might be fighting each other. I see dirt and blood in your mod list.

I didn't build in any detection for other mods that swap skin layers (normals, diffuse, etc.).

If you're using any others that do change normal maps (ex. muscle swapping mods, maybe dirt and blood?) that could cause it as well.

I'm still not quite up and running for modding, YPS, Faster HDT-SMP, and AE 1.6.640 do NOT get along very well, and GeForce card means going into the CK makes my eyes hurt because of the flickering bug (I've got a different card on order to try and get back to modding in earnest).

Edited by w234aew
1 hour ago, w234aew said:

You actually don't want the Default option, you want to select the "Fertility Mode+" option.

There is no actual Normal Map Swapping built into FM+ (as in SubHuman's version), it all comes from either my mod or from the other Normal Map Swapper.

On that note, you may want to try actually uninstalling that other normal map swapping mod, not just disabling it.

Disabling mods can sometimes cause weird behaviors (because their script files are still present in the data folder), which can allow their scripts to remain active.

Also, to me it kind of looks like some override mods might be fighting each other. I see dirt and blood in your mod list.

I didn't build in any detection for other mods that swap skin layers (normals, diffuse, etc.).

If you're using any others that do change normal maps (ex. muscle swapping mods, maybe dirt and blood?) that could cause it as well.

I'm still not quite up and running for modding, YPS, Faster HDT-SMP, and AE 1.6.640 do NOT get along very well, and GeForce card means going into the CK makes my eyes hurt because of the flickering bug (I've got a different card on order to try and get back to modding in earnest).

Yeah I tried both with the default activated and deactivated. I will try your suggestion on the removing other swapper and dirt and blood. I don't install muscle swapping mod since i wanted your mod to work XD. As you may notice I wanted the modlist to encompass being a woman in skyrim as much as possible (Gyno, FM and all the plugins). 

I feel you man, I returned to Skyrim modding because I forgot to turn off update and it brick my previous modlist. I still play on 1.6.353 as most of the combat mods stays either in that version or SE 1.5 version. Is there any particular reason you play on the latest update? I feel 1.6.353 have the best compatibility so far with the majority of SKSE based plugins (I take note on everything that works on 1.6.353 and keep a backup just in case lols). 

Edit: Tried removing both version 0.8 and other normal map swapper and removing dirt and blood but the glitch is still there.

Edited by LordAzelion
1 hour ago, LordAzelion said:

Is there any particular reason you play on the latest update?

Honestly, it's because I think that the bulk of mod users just update to the latest version, and either update or just get rid of non-functional mods.

To legitimately keep SE from updating via Steam is annoying and delicate (and can even self-revert), so other than those who use LE, the Downgrade Patcher, or go through other hoops, I think that dynamic mod list adjustment and install tweaking are just part of life.

That crowd are also the ones who are most vocal about keeping "favorite mods" up-to-date and are most likely to discover true mod incompatibilities (by the nature of tweaking/changing installs frequently), so I try to stay up-to-date too keep from falling behind.

I feel 1.6.353 have the best compatibility so far with the majority of SKSE based plugins (I take note on everything that works on 1.6.353 and keep a backup just in case lols).

I would actually say 1.5.97 has the best compatibility of any of the SE versions.

There are papyrus extension libraries and DLL plugins which were only updated for LE and for 1.5.97 (like Q2C inventory functions and Immersive First Person View) which means that there are still some mods that only have 100% functionality on LE and 1.5.97

Tried removing both version 0.8 and other normal map swapper and removing dirt and blood but the glitch is still there.

I can't say I've seen your mentioned issue before. Usually if it's swapping the wrong map, it means it's either not doing the cleaning operation right (older version of the ESP had a broken reference), or the normal maps weren't placed in the correct place by your mod manager.

As long as you've made absolutely certain you installed the "Normal Maps for Fertility Mode+" version (that's the one with the correct folder path), then it could be an actual incompatibility.

I've had problems with Animation Mods incompatibility before (particularly ones with an ESP), I'll take a look through your list again for any of those.

EDIT: With that new version I sent you, please try opening the MCM. It should force a normal map update, which would be the way to tell if the install is working or not (at the very least, you should see a momentary flicker).

Edited by w234aew
11 minutes ago, w234aew said:

To legitimately keep SE from updating via Steam is annoying and delicate (and can even self-revert), so other than those who use LE, the Downgrade Patcher, or go through other hoops, I think that dynamic mod list adjustment and install tweaking are just part of life.

That crowd are also the ones who are most vocal about keeping "favorite mods" up-to-date and are most likely to discover true mod incompatibilities (by the nature of tweaking/changing installs frequently), so I try to stay up-to-date too keep from falling behind.

I see, yeah its true that downgrading is a pain. I scoured the internet until someone mentioned how to download previous version resources from steam directly using the console and I keep those files to keep reverting in case skyrim bricks again. XD I'm part of the group that respect mod author decision and build my list based on what I needed and which version they run on (I think bug fixes SSE, DAR, and actor limit fix have not been updated until now). 

I can't say I've seen your mentioned issue before. Usually if it's swapping the wrong map, it means it's either not doing the cleaning operation right (older version of the ESP had a broken reference), or the normal maps weren't placed in the correct place by your mod manager.

As long as you've made absolutely certain you installed the "Normal Maps for Fertility Mode+" version (that's the one with the correct folder path), then it could be an actual incompatibility.

I checked DW's mod to ensure that the path is correct as written in your source file (I'm assuming the source file is just un-compiled papyrus script), been looking through those to help debugging as I used to learn coding myself. Sadly the papyrus syntax and how the variables behaves confuse me lol. Like for example your script register for _FME_ApplyNormalMaps but I can't find it anywhere in the _FME_SC_Norm. Not sure if it calls to a function somewhere else? The GetPregNormalPath for argonian and khajiit doesn't link anywhere? I'm guessing its WIP? The one thing that I'm curious about is NormalMapChecker function takes ActorRef as input from event, but in the function you declare it as none? Just curious on how that works for papyrus as I'm not familiar on how they handle the variables.

EDIT: With that new version I sent you, please try opening the MCM. It should force a normal map update, which would be the way to tell if the install is working or not (at the very least, you should see a momentary flicker).

Yes this does happen and there is a notification for it too.

Sorry if I asked too much about the coding, I'm interested on learning how papyrus works. Just haven't seen any good tutorial on how to set it up properly or guide on how to start modding. Looking at how the code works is just exciting.

37 minutes ago, LordAzelion said:

Sorry if I asked too much about the coding, I'm interested on learning how papyrus works. Just haven't seen any good tutorial on how to set it up properly or guide on how to start modding. Looking at how the code works is just exciting.

So, there are a few things that script has for "redundancy".

It has both "functions" (subroutines the script can follow to complete specific tasks) and "events" (game conditions which can cause functions to execute).

The GetPregNormalPath is just a "lookup" function which outputs the location where the desired overlays should be located, in this case "Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\dw\pregnormals\[PERCENT MAP]\femalebody_1_msn.dds" with [PERCENT MAP] being the numbers 20-40-60-80-100, for severity of the map effect.

The reason the Argonian and Khajiit maps don't lead anywhere isn't on my end, but on DW's; those maps haven't been made, so it's just a way to "append" them into the current architecture if they do get made eventually, without breaking the rest of the script.

The bulk of the work is done by the function "ApplyPregNormalMaps", which actually interfaces with NiOverride to apply the normal maps that GetPregNormalPath finds.

The "NormalMapChecker" is just a wrapper function that queries the game to get the currently updating character's state, to insure that the human normal maps aren't applied to a werewolf that's currently transformed.

The events you see are there for a few different game conditions where normal maps are checked, to make sure that that "layer" stays applied. Obvious cases like OnEffectStart and OnPlayerLoadGame, but there are also redundant ones like OnNiNodeUpdate (in case any other mods do skin changes, it ensures the normal maps stay applied).

The main weird thing in the script is the PizzaNapkin property (Called ShamWow in SSEdit). That is there because the only normal map that gets changed is the body one, so it needs a way to clean up and update the normal maps correctly for the hands and feet (it's an interesting workaround that was implemented from the mod which this script is based on, Skill Based Muscle).

That last bit is why the "ESP Version" matters; there's one 0.9 version where that reference was not assigned correctly in the CK (incidentally due to a game update), which caused that cleaning function to not work correctly.

37 minutes ago, LordAzelion said:

Yes this does happen and there is a notification for it too.

Try the following please:

1. Go into your Data Folder and check that the Pregnant Maps are in the correct locations manually (I gave the folder paths up above), sometimes FOMODs and Mod Managers can be finnicky (even the best of them).

2. Try making a fresh save game and wait until at least 50% into a pregnancy (minimum with FM+ for that is 6 days), it could be due to hanging scripts from uninstalled mods.

If this doesn't work, I see quite a few Nemesis Animation mods in your list, an extremely in-depth and lengthy modlist.

It's very impressive that you've gotten it to work semi-stably, but there are so many mods (including CC ones which I don't have), that IDK where to begin with debugging it.

I'd recommend (if you've got the hard drive space) trying to make a barebones install with just the Core mods to get FMIE to work (SkFO, TitKit, DW's PregNormals, FM, FMFT, and their Requirements) and try just temporarily installing mods in groups of 5-10 to narrow down where the incompatibility lies.

Edited by w234aew
6 hours ago, w234aew said:

Try the following please:

1. Go into your Data Folder and check that the Pregnant Maps are in the correct locations manually (I gave the folder paths up above), sometimes FOMODs and Mod Managers can be finnicky (even the best of them).

2. Try making a fresh save game and wait until at least 50% into a pregnancy (minimum with FM+ for that is 6 days), it could be due to hanging scripts from uninstalled mods.

If this doesn't work, I see quite a few Nemesis Animation mods in your list, an extremely in-depth and lengthy modlist.

It's very impressive that you've gotten it to work semi-stably, but there are so many mods (including CC ones which I don't have), that IDK where to begin with debugging it.

I'd recommend (if you've got the hard drive space) trying to make a barebones install with just the Core mods to get FMIE to work (SkFO, TitKit, DW's PregNormals, FM, FMFT, and their Requirements) and try just temporarily installing mods in groups of 5-10 to narrow down where the incompatibility lies.

Ok small update, I make sure that the path shown in MO2 match the one on the path you give and for sure sure sake I pasted them inside the game folder too (idk if this will break things but yeah). And during testing I managed to spot that somehow FM stopped advancing the day counter? Not sure if what I said make sense but I randomly got a character that is close to ovulating and waited 2 game day but the day counter on FM tracked actors stays on day 12. 

Currently I'm trying to debug that first so not sure how this will go, with such giant mod list it does take some time to reorganize mods through LOOT (and rebuilding animation database in Nemesis). Sadly I have no space for barebones install :(.

Thank you for the detailed explanation on the coding side! Ill look into it in depth once I figure out which mod is causing problems.

Edit: I'm starting to think the problem doesn't have to do with your mod, but somehow it triggers it to show up? I reinstalled version 0.8pre and the glitch still appears (previously I only deactivated v0.8pre but deleted it as per your suggestion). Now I'm not sure where to start lol.

Edit 2: Finally found the culprit, it turns out that the other normal map swapper create a permanent skinoverides on the jslot file (This is the reason when I reinstalled just version 0.8pre but not the swapper the problem occur). The issue with FM not advancing the date is also resolved by simply closing the game and reload the save file (I think it refreshes the spell). Sorry to trouble you so much for my dum dum mistakes ><. Finally I can sleep in peace, will post another update hopefully with preggo pic and working normal maps!

Edited by LordAzelion

Hi, managed to get everything working! Normal map is applied perfectly, both nipple overlay and the stretch mark is appearing at the correct timing (start to notice close to halfway). Attached are the comparison pictures from day 0, day 05 which is exactly below 20%, day 06 which is 20% and normal map start to change (can clearly see the abs line above belly button disappear). So seeing the mod working as intended! Hope this helps motivate you to continue improving the mod!

Day 0 (Not Pregnant)

Spoiler

00.png.ac487270251e77f34be4b977956ef6f1.png

Day 05 (Just before normal map changes I think, can faintly see the abs line)

Spoiler

05.png.31974cb6e2b43b5ac50375651a6f3524.png

Day 06 (Abs line disappear!)

Spoiler

06.png.8a48758dcc5a08f1cb619c5fb04bef78.png

Day 15 (Halfway there, stretchmark visible here)

Spoiler

15.png.7d896250d3a2d7962760da5a07a939c4.png

15 minutes ago, LordAzelion said:

Hi, managed to get everything working! Normal map is applied perfectly, both nipple overlay and the stretch mark is appearing at the correct timing (start to notice close to halfway). Attached are the comparison pictures from day 0, day 05 which is exactly below 20%, day 06 which is 20% and normal map start to change (can clearly see the abs line above belly button disappear). So seeing the mod working as intended! Hope this helps motivate you to continue improving the mod!

Day 0 (Not Pregnant)

Reveal hidden contents

00.png.ac487270251e77f34be4b977956ef6f1.png

Day 05 (Just before normal map changes I think, can faintly see the abs line)

Reveal hidden contents

05.png.31974cb6e2b43b5ac50375651a6f3524.png

Day 06 (Abs line disappear!)

Reveal hidden contents

06.png.8a48758dcc5a08f1cb619c5fb04bef78.png

Day 15 (Halfway there, stretchmark visible here)

Reveal hidden contents

15.png.7d896250d3a2d7962760da5a07a939c4.png

Looks like the pictures I am taking of myself haha (I just hope to skip on the stretchmarks) ?

Seems really good! Can't wait to see it finished  ?

12-day minimum duration is only enforced if Fertility Adventures is also installed, in order to give it a chance of triggering its dialogue.   If you don't use FA (for testing, etc) you can drop the pregnancy duration down to 3 days.

And during testing I managed to spot that somehow FM stopped advancing the day counter? Not sure if what I said make sense but I randomly got a character that is close to ovulating and waited 2 game day but the day counter on FM tracked actors stays on day 12. 

If you're doing consecutive 24-hours waits, that's expected and intentional.  Resume playing the game, and it should start advancing again.

6 minutes ago, sub-human said:

12-day minimum duration is only enforced if Fertility Adventures is also installed, in order to give it a chance of triggering its dialogue.   If you don't use FA (for testing, etc) you can drop the pregnancy duration down to 3 days.

If you're doing consecutive 24-hours waits, that's expected and intentional.  Resume playing the game, and it should start advancing again.

I see, thank you for the clarification! With this info I think I will start an actual playthrough and see how it goes. I thought there is a mod blocking the update for FM that's why I have been testing with new characters and waiting 24hrs.

Are the stretch marks supposed to change to a value other than what is in the json? Around day 26/30 of the pregnancy, the race overlays become a blue color that's not one of the colors I put in the custom race json. I'd like to be able to control this color if possible as well.

35 minutes ago, MsElossa said:

Hi so this mod slowly turns my body n npcs who are pregnant purple is there a way to fix this? I ended up taking the mod off for it was starting to bug me that I was always turning purple.

I think is still a work in progress, they are hammering out the bugs.

I am being patient and following :)

4 hours ago, MsElossa said:

Hi so this mod slowly turns my body n npcs who are pregnant purple is there a way to fix this? I ended up taking the mod off for it was starting to bug me that I was always turning purple.

If I'm not mistaken, purple body is usually due to missing textures. Learning from my recent hurdles I would suggest saving your character in racemenu as a preset and see inside the jslot if there is any missing resources (Ex: its trying to apply a tattoo or something but the esp no longer there). Noting which version of this mod you downloaded will help w234aew to debug also. Good luck debugging! 

11 hours ago, MsElossa said:

Yeah, you're missing textures. Make sure that you have the required Racemenu Overlay files. Also make sure to edit the amount of body overlays your Skee64 ini file will handle. A minimum of 12 slots is suggested, but you can go higher if you have more than one mod that takes up overlay slots.

Edited by Jgoftl
On 11/2/2022 at 2:46 AM, Garfer said:

Are the stretch marks supposed to change to a value other than what is in the json? Around day 26/30 of the pregnancy, the race overlays become a blue color that's not one of the colors I put in the custom race json. I'd like to be able to control this color if possible as well.

Alright, so I realized I was a few versions behind, and now I'm trying out 0.92. It didn't fix my problem right away, as the overlays were still blue when I loaded in and I got a FM Update notification. But I manually changed them in racemenu to what they should be, and they haven't seemed to change back yet during FM Update times. So far so good, I suppose, but I'll report back if it happens again.

One thing I notice right away with the new version is that the hands are different colored than the body at times, such as during showracemenu, but then it changes back to what it should be when I exit racemenu. The hands also flicker to the wrong color (like a default warmish human skin tone) then back quickly to the correct color when I pass time. I think it's doing this on every FM Update. Not a huge deal, but I thought you should know.

I have set up the normal maps, and they seem to be functioning fine for the time being. This is all for the player character, I am currently doing no testing with NPCs.

Alright, so the overlays are back to the wrong colors. Idk why it worked again for a moment, or why it worked fine for so long before I ran into this issue. It's happening on day 26 and beyond (out of 30). I never experienced this before around day 26.

Also, the hands texture get messed sometimes, such as after a stagger event. Then they stay this way until I unequip and reequip my character's gloves. I might go back to 0.8 for now. I can just manually replace my normal maps with each pregnancy stage when needed for the time being, as I was doing before.

image.thumb.png.f34d7e5f7691538a578ef89262049d20.png

3 minutes ago, Garfer said:

Alright, so the overlays are back to the wrong colors. Idk why it worked again for a moment, or why it worked fine for so long before I ran into this issue. It's happening on day 26 and beyond (out of 30). I never experienced this before around day 26.

Also, the hands texture get messed sometimes, such as after a stagger event. Then they stay this way until I unequip and reequip my character's gloves. I might go back to 0.8 for now. I can just manually replace my normal maps with each pregnancy stage when needed for the time being, as I was doing before.

Did you tweaked the colour manually? I leave it at default and it works perfectly. Regarding that hand bug, I also encounter it but since it is fixed by updating the texture/NM/ whatever by re-equiping armor I can live with it (and it very rarely appear). If you revert back to 0.8pre I don't think the normal map swapper works as it hasn't been implemented by then so just take note. Just out of curiosity, which skin do you use? Posting more details regarding what you use in your setup (which overlays you install, skin, body base) will help the sages at LL to debug. 

46 minutes ago, LordAzelion said:

Did you tweaked the colour manually? I leave it at default and it works perfectly. Regarding that hand bug, I also encounter it but since it is fixed by updating the texture/NM/ whatever by re-equiping armor I can live with it (and it very rarely appear). If you revert back to 0.8pre I don't think the normal map swapper works as it hasn't been implemented by then so just take note. Just out of curiosity, which skin do you use? Posting more details regarding what you use in your setup (which overlays you install, skin, body base) will help the sages at LL to debug. 

Yeah I tweaked them manually by finding the color I want and converting it into a number usable for the JSON. The default looked not so good with my character's skin tone, so I wanted a custom look. It worked for the longest time, but now it keeps taking my custom color and changing it to a blue.

I'm using Fair Skin Complexion, with 3BA body. The only overlays I use right now are from Dirt & Blood & Cum, and a single pubic texture from Slavetats. So far those overlays seem unaffected, and the only overlay that is changing color is the stretch marks from FM+. Also I do not use the nipple overlays from Titkit. Just the stretch marks.

1 hour ago, Garfer said:

Yeah I tweaked them manually by finding the color I want and converting it into a number usable for the JSON. The default looked not so good with my character's skin tone, so I wanted a custom look. It worked for the longest time, but now it keeps taking my custom color and changing it to a blue.

I'm using Fair Skin Complexion, with 3BA body. The only overlays I use right now are from Dirt & Blood & Cum, and a single pubic texture from Slavetats. So far those overlays seem unaffected, and the only overlay that is changing color is the stretch marks from FM+. Also I do not use the nipple overlays from Titkit. Just the stretch marks.

Hmm I think you should ask w234aew for this problem. If it is known to be working previously then I'm not too sure of what happen. 

7 hours ago, Garfer said:

I've encountered this before when tweaking colors on my own.

The thing to pay in mind is that, for now, the alpha is stuck at 100% and can't be adjusted. It is planned, but not yet.

Any racemenu color selected with non-100% alpha will look different once the alpha is 100%.

I don't think I mention "Select colors at 100% alpha in racemenu" in my older comments, but that's what I settled on for a reason.

8 hours ago, Garfer said:

That is something I've encountered before. Do you have any "hand" parts equipped (ex. rings, bracelets, anything labeled as a hand piece in the armor menu)? That can prevent the "Pizza Napkin" from equipping and unequipping to get rid of that weird texture.

Additionally, make sure you're on that latest version I posted on the top page, and that the file path is correct (maps should be in Skyrim Special Edition\Data\textures\dw\pregnormals\[PERCENT MAP]\femalebody_1_msn.dds).

In any case, equipping/unequipping gloves does the exact same thing (all that "Pizza Napkin" is are a set of gloves that use the character's hand mesh+texture).

Unfortunately, that's just a necessary evil with NiOverride normal map swapping. The Pregnancy Normalmap Swapper by @handroid uses the same idea (called "DummyHands" in that mod), so I doubt that will ever go away.

My recommendation is to type "help ShamWow" in the command window, and make sure you can see the Armor piece. If not, you've got either an older copy of the ESP or a separate hand part equipped which is preventing the cleaner from working.

Edited by w234aew