Fertility Mode+ - Immersive Effects

1 hour ago, RosePalitsky said:

Thank you so much for giving the warning before I actually downloaded it. I am really grateful! Do I follow the instructions on how to download the fertility mod from the FM+ mod page?

That's what I did and everything works fine for me. Just make sure you read the instructions from FM+ mod page carefully.

Thanks for the update! 

I don't have JSON related RRGGBB notes as of this post, but I'll try to provide something when I have the time. Do you want that information even though I'm using BHUNP instead of CBBE? I don't know if it would make any significant difference, but I figured I'd ask. 

I have tried the new version, and the Morning Sickness effect is much better than it was previously. Both with the duration of the effect, and the stagger. I'd say it's perfect the way it is.

I haven't had too much of the new dialogue kick in as of my experiments with it, and they tend to appear only briefly. I'm not sure what's off on my end, if anything at all. To be fair, I don't have a great sample size of having the new dialogue appear (about 3-4 times in total) where 2 of those were a "blink and you miss it" mention. 

I have been experiencing Skyrim freezing on me, intermittently, when the event notification triggers. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. Just a complete lockdown. I've had that happen to me three times thus far. 

I had that experience with the earlier version prior to this one, which happened more frequently. So I am happy that it's happening less often, but I figured I'd share that here just so that you're aware of it. If you weren't already. 

I hope this helps!

On 3/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, RosePalitsky said:

Thanks!! What other mods do you use other than this from here?

so many mods..., so many.. 

defeat, devious devices, Dairy of Mine, etc etc, pretty much any mod that currently has activity on it. and of course all the Fertility mods and overlay ones that go with this mod

Sorry, was tackling PC problems, then was away from my computer all week.

I'll update everyone here and answer questions.

Update:

Since 0.8 Pre-Release 1, my dev build has added the following:

- Bug fixes to the overlay color system

- Probability of Braxton-Hicks inducing labor (actual statistics, though relatively simple)

Plans for the immediate future have to do with streamlining the code.

It's background stuff, but will hopefully make scripts run faster, and prepare for the switch from JSONs to MCM.

My instinct is going from JSONUtil to a Papyrus/CK Array for colors will be a significant speed boost, but I'm not sure yet since I haven't implemented that yet.

This will likely be the last feature update before the MCM (1.0), and will come in 1-3 weeks.

Q/A:

13 hours ago, NovaCoreOrbita said:

Do you want that information even though I'm using BHUNP instead of CBBE? I don't know if it would make any significant difference, but I figured I'd ask. 

Body wouldn't make as big of a difference as Race/Texture Tint (skin color, not pattern) would.

I'm mainly looking for "Close-to-default" RRGGBB presets for Elves (all varieties), Redguards, Orcs, Khajiits, and Argonians.

3BA vs. BHUNP shouldn't make a big difference, and honestly neither will skin texture (I use Diamond Skin, but SG/Mature/Pure/Fair/Bijin/etc. shouldn't make a difference).

What would is if you've super-customized your character's base skin color.

Like, a slight variation in body/installed skin texture is fine, but if your preset makes an dark elf look like a Bright Red Daedra, that is what I'd call an "Edge case".

That's a case of "Go into Racemenu and find a custom color for your install to put in the JSONs", not "This can be a default color for 80% of SE users".

I've done some testing since and found some "Okay" default settings since no-one posted any before you asked, but I'm still open to better options!

I haven't had too much of the new dialogue kick in as of my experiments with it, and they tend to appear only briefly. I'm not sure what's off on my end, if anything at all. To be fair, I don't have a great sample size of having the new dialogue appear (about 3-4 times in total) where 2 of those were a "blink and you miss it" mention. 

1. Make sure you've got Fuz Ro D-oh installed, and all captions turned on in the Skyrim SE settings menu (both these could cause the dialogue to cut off early).

2. If you find that the comments are happening too infrequently, then run the "Configuration Loader" spell (i.e. type "help configur" in the console, then click your character, find the ID of the spell starting with "FE", then type "cast [spellid] 14 left".)

The default dialogue probability is 50%, the JSON will by default set it to a higher value (80%) just by casting the spell.

If you want to check the current probability, type "help _FME_G_" and look at the 4 Globals present, they should read as a non-zero number.

If not, the Pre-release didn't include my last hotfix for dialogue probability; it is fixed in the dev-build, and will be fixed in the next 0.8 release.

I have been experiencing Skyrim freezing on me, intermittently, when the event notification triggers. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. Just a complete lockdown. I've had that happen to me three times thus far. 

I had that experience with the earlier version prior to this one, which happened more frequently. So I am happy that it's happening less often, but I figured I'd share that here just so that you're aware of it. If you weren't already. 

I also experienced that a bit; I think it could be either messages piling up, or spells not getting properly removed/sticking around too long.

There are a few spells I wanted to get "working", that now that I'm just bugfixing/preparing for MCM migration, I'd like to go back and double-check/improve.

To be honest, it could also be people's individual setups (both Skyrim-wise, and Computer Hardware-wise).

I don't have you're exact load order/papyrus logs, so I can't say for sure.

5 hours ago, silverfox9260 said:

For the next update, you should do stretch marks on the ass too

I didn't implement that at first due to FM+ not affecting the butt morphs (i.e. no butt growth during pregnancy/recovery).

There is the "Fertility Mode More Morphs Addon" which allows for more shape customization.

For future versions (i.e. 1.0 and later), I can implement those overlays as something player-toggleable in the MCM.

For now, I can do it as an esp check with More Morphs Addon and other mods that cause Butt Morph Growth (ex. WeightMorphs SE), like this:

if (Game.GetModByName("Fertility Mode MoreMorphs.esp") != 255) || (Game.GetModByName("Weightmorphs.esp") != 255)
        bool ButtGrowth = true
else
      bool ButtGrowth = false
endIf

And then use this to toggle whether the butt stretchmarks get applied (I'll tie their color change rate to the belly stretchmarks).

I didn't implement that at first due to FM+ not affecting the butt morphs (i.e. no butt growth during pregnancy/recovery).

...because I hadn't thought of it, and this is the first time anyone brought it up in my presence.  But that can be added. :)

if (Game.GetModByName("Fertility Mode MoreMorphs.esp") != 255) || (Game.GetModByName("Weightmorphs.esp") != 255) 	        bool ButtGrowth = true	else	      bool ButtGrowth = false	endIf	

bool ButtGrowth = (Game.GetModByName("Fertility Mode MoreMorphs.esp") != 255) || (Game.GetModByName("Weightmorphs.esp") != 255)	
Pretty sure the compiler would throw a conniption if you tried to declare a variable inside an if.
6 hours ago, sub-human said:

Pretty sure the compiler would throw a conniption if you tried to declare a variable inside an if.

It would; it's mainly just to let @silverfox9260 know roughly what to look for in _FME_SC_Overlays in the next version, to see if it has been implemented.

BTW, in the next version, you may want to take a look at the source for Braxton-Hicks's script.

It includes a basic gaussian distribution formula to randomly trigger birth.

If it's not too entangled in FM, you could probably implement a modified one as part of the hourly updates, and eliminate the need for those birth triggering Quests.

IDK if it would be faster, but it might be more "Reliable", as I have been experiencing much more reliable birth times with it implemented (average and standard deviation were taken from medical data on pregnancy duration statistics).

Edited by w234aew
13 hours ago, w234aew said:

It would; it's mainly just to let @silverfox9260 know roughly what to look for in _FME_SC_Overlays in the next version, to see if it has been implemented.

BTW, in the next version, you may want to take a look at the source for Braxton-Hicks's script.

It includes a basic gaussian distribution formula to randomly trigger birth.

If it's not too entangled in FM, you could probably implement a modified one as part of the hourly updates, and eliminate the need for those birth triggering Quests.

IDK if it would be faster, but it might be more "Reliable", as I have been experiencing much more reliable birth times with it implemented (average and standard deviation were taken from medical data on pregnancy duration statistics).

I don't believe I have those scripts.   Could you PM me the source?

I think you have that backwards.  The quests don't trigger the births, an actor being flagged as due to give birth starts the quests.  They exist primarily for multithreading, to not tie up the main script for minutes at time when an actor goes through the labor routines.

I spent several days reading what I could find on conception, but more or less just pulled numbers out of my ass for labor.  For the most part it's been working so I haven't been overly worried about it, but it would be nice to see some hard data on it.

4 hours ago, sub-human said:

I don't believe I have those scripts.   Could you PM me the source?

I think you have that backwards.  The quests don't trigger the births, an actor being flagged as due to give birth starts the quests.  They exist primarily for multithreading, to not tie up the main script for minutes at time when an actor goes through the labor routines.

I spent several days reading what I could find on conception, but more or less just pulled numbers out of my ass for labor.  For the most part it's been working so I haven't been overly worried about it, but it would be nice to see some hard data on it.

I wanted to ask something that's made me thinking for sometime. Do the children of NPCs really do not grow if you are not the father? Then will they roam around with babies on their necks all the time?

1 hour ago, RosePalitsky said:

I wanted to ask something that's made me thinking for sometime. Do the children of NPCs really do not grow if you are not the father? Then will they roam around with babies on their necks all the time?

By default, they don't grow up into children, but they don't stay as babies forever.  After the baby duration (as set in the MCM) is up, they disappear.

Spawning what would otherwise be an unlimited number of actors into the world would be really, really bad for game stability.

The reason I say "by default" is there is the option for someone to define an in-game couple to have a child: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/3238

I have an optional download where Dinya Balu and Maramel have a son, and I know of at least two other people who are working on addons utilizing this feature as well.

So I've had some time to experiment with it, and I've found that the initial comments about dialogue appearing too briefly mostly stems from passing commentary and not in-dialogue stuff. So if an NPC says something but you're not directly in a conversation with them, it tends to show up and then vanish, relatively quickly. It hangs on my screen for about 4-5 seconds, just enough time for me to notice that they're saying something different but oftentimes not enough to actually read it. 

I've had Fuz Ro D-oh for quite some time, and unless there's a way to make those stay on the screen longer. I wouldn't know it, but I would be appreciative if that's the case!

I did end up turning the frequency up to 80% using the method you provided, and that made testing this much easier. Finding out that some of the NPCs have spoken dialogue caught me off guard, but it was a pleasant surprise. 

I use The Pure as a base, if that's an appropriate choice. I'll go forward with fiddling with that when I have the chance. I have a mod that makes switching colors and whatnot super easy. 

Beyond that, I recently came across a mod on The Nexus that helped me with the sudden crashes, I'm not sure if it will help you, but Skyrim Priority SE AE, helped me achieve a more stable experience. Since adding it, it mitigated most of my sudden crashes. Which is a huge plus. 

I hope it helps. 

3 hours ago, NovaCoreOrbita said:

So I've had some time to experiment with it, and I've found that the initial comments about dialogue appearing too briefly mostly stems from passing commentary and not in-dialogue stuff. So if an NPC says something but you're not directly in a conversation with them, it tends to show up and then vanish, relatively quickly. It hangs on my screen for about 4-5 seconds, just enough time for me to notice that they're saying something different but oftentimes not enough to actually read it. 

I just had to do a fresh install, so I'll check if my reinstall can recreate this.

There aren't any in-dialogue things; both the "Hellos" and "Idles" are ambient comments (i.e. "Hands to yourself, sneak thief"), not conversations.

If you get too far away from the speaking NPC, the subtitles will go away, that could be another cause.

Only thing I can think of is either the dummy sound files being too short (CK error), or something wrong with the .seq file (some quest data for the dialogue holder is stored in there I think).

I use The Pure as a base, if that's an appropriate choice. I'll go forward with fiddling with that when I have the chance. I have a mod that makes switching colors and whatnot super easy. 

Yes, Pure is fine.

Beyond that, I recently came across a mod on The Nexus that helped me with the sudden crashes, I'm not sure if it will help you, but Skyrim Priority SE AE, helped me achieve a more stable experience

Skyrim Priority is great for Speeding up the base game! However, the speedups/streamlines aren't something that will solve.

Currently, the mod has to import color values using JSONUtil (external library), for each actor, for each update. That's a lot of calls if you've got 20-50 pregnant actors, when all of the updates then need to go through NiOverride.

The FormArray will allow me to avoid using JSONUtil, and hopefully decrease the time to update overlays.

It could very well have no effect, in which case it will make it easier to transition to MCM regardless.

Edited by w234aew

@w234aew I absolutely love this mod but had some questions as well as some suggestions if your open to them.

For the stretchmark coloring, does it export settings to a JSON? reason I ask is by default I like the stretchmarks (which is weird since RL it's not my thing but this mod has made me super excited about them lol) and I was wondering if it is exported in a JSON if we can share templates for stretchmark settings? (the default when everything is working is fine but depending on ENB it can be very finely detailed where its not too noticeable. figured if someone's already tinkered with the different settings for them would be worth trying out different peoples settings.)

Do the stretch mark settings go by race or is it just one overlay that extends to all races? (As in does the strethmark overlay tint vary from race to race)

Lastly here are some of my suggestions if you would be open to them:

Suggestions:

3rd trimester notifications mentioning the race and gender of the soon to be born offspring (This is assuming that gender and race is already known in the code before birth which I dont think it is but Im not sure)? Some examples could be:

• (Male) High Elf Offspring: *Actor* feels their magicka fluctuate as their elven prince shifts inside their womb.
  • (Generic) Dark Elf Offspring: *Actor* gasps as the child of Morrowind kicks inside them.
  • (Female) Orc Offspring: *Actor* grunts aloud as their orc daughter jerks aggressively within.
  • (Generic) Chaurus: *Actor* winces as the chaurus' chitin softly scrapes the walls of their womb.
  • Alternatively: If the race and gender isn't stored before birth for FM, possibly the same but with more recognition of whom the partner is in regards to the offspring's race? such as "*Actor* wonders if their child will be like them or more Khajit." (Using Khajit as an example of the sperm donor)

Toggleable Pregnancy Health:

• Statistic that monitors Pregnancy Health [Must have Miscarriage enabled in FM MCM]:
    - if the actor reaches 0, utilizes FM miscarriage function.
    - Can be adjusted to only affect Player, Unique NPCs, or all NPCs
    - Depreciation of Pregnancy Health only happens to NPC's within the same cell.
    - [Unnecessary but Immersive] If an NPC is pregnant but not by the player, they mention needing to eat like normal FM+IE and will eat. (good for NPCs affected by random insemination [Essentially NPCs "take care of themselves" so they dont all have miscarriages]
  • - Pregnant Followers can get Tired (Resets if Player Waits or Sleeps)

Player dialogue options for pregnant NPCs:

• If an NPC is pregnant, the player can say things to them in regards to the pregnancy starting with "Hey there..." (From FM Tweaks and fixes dialogue) or another dialogue option:
    - How are you feeling?: NPC tells the player if their pregnancy is going ok based on the Pregnancy Health system above and how Tired they are.
    - Here's some food: When dialogue mentions NPC licks their lips because they're hungry, you can feed them (Moderate chance to increase friendship. If Pregnancy Health is enabled, increases health)
    - Have a drink: Relaxes the pregnant actor but also decreases a small amount of Pregnancy Health
    - Have some Skooma!: Completely relaxes the pregnant actor but at a severe detriment to Pregnancy Health.
Edited by Villianize
Typos and spellcheck
2 hours ago, Villianize said:

For the stretchmark coloring, does it export settings to a JSON? reason I ask is by default I like the stretchmarks (which is weird since RL it's not my thing but this mod has made me super excited about them lol) and I was wondering if it is exported in a JSON if we can share templates for stretchmark settings?

This is actually the opposite direction in which the mod operates.

The mod actually imports the RRGGBB color values from the JSONs, but these JSONs are editable using Notepad/Notepad++ and can accept the decimal form of any hexadecimal color sequence.

If you use the racemenu bodypaint sub-menu with the settings I provided in previous posts, you can use that menu to find RRGGBB color values (racemenu tacks the alpha value onto the front making AARRGGBB, so just use the last 6 digits of the hex number in a converter).

download.jpg.8967452b84e37029941b09094bbd4205.jpg

Once you've got the last six digits of the hex number (B7BA7D in this photo) converted to decimal, just swapping the decimal number into the JSON with notepad and saving the file (don't change it's location) should change the overlay colors.

Do the stretch mark settings go by race or is it just one overlay that extends to all races? (As in does the strethmark overlay tint vary from race to race)

While the file I have with pre-releases had all race's color settings the same, changing the race-specific JSONs will change just 1 race (ex. Argonian.json changes only Argonians, etc.).

My dev build version has some slightly updated/changed colors.

Given your other suggestions generally fit into the 3 subsets you used, I'll respond to each set.

3rd trimester notifications mentioning the race and gender of the soon to be born offspring

This relies on the actors having certainty of the race of the baby, which I'm skeptical of (not from a coding point of view, but a lore/immersion one). I can look into doing child race-specific comments, but I'm trying to keep the mod fairly light weight.

Toggleable Pregnancy Health:

This is already built into FM/FM+, but adding a more "thorough" system to integrate it could be done. Particularly, the "Tired" effect you mentioned could be combined with the incomplete "Motion Pain" effect into a "Pregnancy Fatigue" random event, and make it more likely later in pregnancy, or under certain conditions (ex. in Combat).

If an NPC is pregnant, the player can say things to them in regards to the pregnancy starting with "Hey there..." (From FM Tweaks and fixes dialogue) or another dialogue option:

More dialogue is what I'm looking for, but I'm not a great creative writer.

If you have ideas for a conversation setup and/or dialogue, you can enter them as a series of lines in the google sheet (see description page).

Some of them I don't think I'll include (I don't think it's logical that Pregnant NPCs would just randomly drink Skooma/Alcohol because a passerby asked them to), but the food idea is a great one, and I'm sure other conversations are possible!

Edited by w234aew
51 minutes ago, w234aew said:

Some of them I don't think I'll include (I don't think it's logical that Pregnant NPCs would just randomly drink Skooma/Alcohol because a passerby asked them to), but the food idea is a great one, and I'm sure other conversations are possible!

I agree as Im not hard up on the idea of it being a thing and it makes sense. I could only see it being plausible if the NPC didnt want to be pregnant and just didnt care (Such as if the offspring was going to be a creature, and or the method of conception was nonconsensual)

As for the Tired bit, I was imagining the further a character is from 2nd to 3rd trimester is the faster theyd get tired (It can be annoying to some players yes but hey if the persons pregnant walking from riften to solitude isnt the best idea lol) Essentially, throughout travel the NPC will make mention of getting tired or that they are tired. The more tired they become is the slower they'll move until they essentially just walk. If combined with a massive Stamina Debuff or being overencumbered this can play really well with mods that look for low stamina such as Immersive animations that make all characters bend over and pant when they have low stamina due to being out of breath. Then after waiting or sleeping like I said it gives them rest and the PC can continue with their adventure.

I'd definitely will be down to help with making lines if you'd, like as I already do some of that with other mods that I work on! I'll take a look at the google doc for what you have going on and see if where I can contribute some dialogue lines. Mostly Id just need to see what youre going for that way I dont write lines that dont fit the funtionality you have in place or any future functionality (In general just making sure that the lines make sense) Ive been posting videos of my playthrough and making known to those who ask to get this mod as I see this having alot of potential to being the finishing piece to Fertility mode since by itself is good but could use some stuff this mod has to offer to make it so much better :)

EDIT: To caveat off Stretchmarks, since FM can use SLIF for belly & Breast scaling, it may be possible to add additional functionality to add weight to certain areas to match the pregnancy weight gain using SLIF as well.

Also I put some up on the Google doc, but if you're interested in a tired option am I ok to write lines for those in advance, or would you rather wait until its all set up before lines be written?

Edited by Villianize

Was meaning to post this yesterday, but didnt have the chance as it was late. I was playing and My companion finally gave birth. They did not however start lactating using MME. Is the post pregnancy lactation only intended for the PC or does it effect any pregnant character?

Also if it affects NPCs what am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Villianize said:

Was meaning to post this yesterday, but didnt have the chance as it was late. I was playing and My companion finally gave birth. They did not however start lactating using MME. Is the post pregnancy lactation only intended for the PC or does it effect any pregnant character?

Also if it affects NPCs what am I doing wrong?

It should only effect the player, and there's a reason for that.

MME Has a Milk Maid Limit (20 maids max), which means with enough tracked pregnant/recovery/once pregnant NPCs, a long enough playthrough would lead to exceeding the maid limit.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:39 PM, w234aew said:

It should only effect the player, and there's a reason for that.

MME Has a Milk Maid Limit (20 maids max), which means with enough tracked pregnant/recovery/once pregnant NPCs, a long enough playthrough would lead to exceeding the maid limit.

Could there be a optional option where perhaps it can be enabled? I myself play as a male character but do enjoy the immersive aspect of this mod. Plus if Im correct players can remove milk maids from the MME system at any time, so perhaps if the MME list is full, there could be a notification that FM+IE cannot import to MME as the milk maid list is full?

Or perhaps a dialogue that enables a character to lactate post pregnancy?

Edited by Villianize
10 hours ago, Villianize said:

Could there be a optional option where perhaps it can be enabled?

Sorry, but I can't implement that right now.

perhaps if the MME list is full, there could be a notification that FM+IE cannot import to MME as the milk maid list is full?

A notification would be too late, since I don't want it to even be possible to overrun that list and break MME; meaning I'd need to start tracking Pregnant/In-Recovery NPCs, which technically I FMFT already does.

If I can interface with it, it could be possible I think, so your suggestion isn't an outright no.

But honestly, it was a pain to get MME working for just Female PCs, Creating an MME-FMFT NPC tracking interface will be a whole separate matter, and definitely not before 1.0 (I've got an MCM to write).

I myself play as a male character but do enjoy the immersive aspect of this mod. Plus if Im correct players can remove milk maids from the MME system at any time

It's not the removal that's the problem; it's the actual application of the effect.

Unfortunately, the "adding the PC to milkmaid faction" is handled on MME's side (FMIE replaces the MME_FM script with a customized one).

The notification would be in that script, and due to that being a daily check, would constantly pop up on saves where the 20 maid limit is reached.

Another dilemma: what NPCs should have the ability to become maids?

I usually run with only unique females tracked, but in a really long playthrough, even that set of viable characters could theoretically exceed the maid limit.

20 really isn't a high number, even in unique only mode I sometimes see a fully explored Skyrim exceeding 100 tracked females.

If the playthrough's long enough, over 20 could either complete a pregnancy, or get pregnant and pass the 3rd trimester.

EDIT: That count also doesn't include follower mods (of which I don't run many). A follower-mod playthrough could even exceed the maid limit on custom followers alone.

Edited by w234aew

I usually run with only unique females tracked, but in a

really long playthrough, even that set of viable characters could theoretically exceed the maid limit.

20 really isn't a high number, even in unique only mode I sometimes see a fully explored Skyrim exceeding 100 tracked females.

In my current (first time in AE) playthrough, I've explored Falkreath Hold, The Rift and Eastmarch.   Only Riverwood in Whiterun hold, no other parts of Whiterun and not to any holds not listed.

121 unique females tracked so far.  You can break 20 in any of the major hold capitols.

23 hours ago, Villianize said:

Hmm, what about applying the magic effect that lactaid provides on birth? Wouldn't that by default force the character to lactate without needing to interface with MMEs code for initiating lactation?

All that the magic effect does is cause the PC/NPC to become a milkmaid, through MME's system.

I think the only way to do this would be to limit the code to followers only, and even that might be able to overrun it.

Other than that, the only thing I could think of is adding non-followers as the "Milk-Slave" category in MME; that limit is higher, I think like 100?

Or a hybrid system where some become maids, some become slaves, but that's more difficult.

Edited by w234aew

I'm still on 0.7.5 at the moment, but I guess this question could apply to 0.8 as well, at the very end of the pregnancy cycle, once recovery is done and it's back to the usual cycle, are the overlays supposed to be 100% gone, or still have very faint remnants? I ask because I still have the overlays, just with the tiniest bit of opacity, it took me a while to notice that they were even still there.