Fertility Mode+ - Immersive Effects

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo, mod is really cool, my only problem is that there is no MCM (?) /options to set the frequency of the morning sickness for example. I dunno how you guys with this, but for me it is rather annoying the constant double vision effect and staggering while my character tries to go an adventure. If it is morning sickness shouldn't it be only in the morning or just once or twice a day? I get this like every 10 seconds. Also stagger... lot of staggers, you cannot walk, you cannot fight...also autoeating, I am running realistic needs and diseases and the character regularly overeats herself which causes a speed debuff, so my character is slow and staggering every minute also having doublevision I mean....this is kinda unplayable.

Can there be an option to disable some of these debuffs or at least reduce (greatly) the frequency? MCM would be amazing. I could just not use the mod, but the stretchmarks, the titkit and some other stuff is just too good to give up on this. Please make it customizable, please please :)

Edited by Midnightbug

EDIT FROM EARLIER:

I managed to fix my CK install! MME Compatibility is a GO!

I think it came down to the "Order of Install" and which CK fixes were installed.

PLAN FROM NOW

I'm now going to move onto changing the ISMs (i.e. the double vision) and decreasing the stagger effect. This will be the last 0.7 patch when it's done.

If that works and doesn't break the ESP, I'm going to get back to implementing new features. 0.8 will hopefully contain ambient dialogue implementation.

1.0 will be the first one to contain MCM modifiable features (this one will likely take a while).

12 hours ago, Midnightbug said:

there is no MCM (?) /options to set the frequency of the morning sickness for example. I dunno how you guys with this,

I cannot emphasize this enough: It's still listed as a "WIP/Beta" mod for a reason.

My CK install was broken for a while, but I finally fixed it, so I can get back to development now.

I will be decreasing the duration and intensity of the stagger effect and the Double Vision ISM, and in later versions there will be the ability to decrease the likelihood of effects firing.

The reason it's up so high right now (~50%) is to make sure, in all scenarios, that the effects work correctly.

BFAP (the basis for this mod) had some problems with getting different effects to fire (there was a "3rd Trimester Debug Spell" for a reason), or had problems due to the way the effects were written (ex. script lag).

I'm trying to "Streamline" it as best I can. You WILL be able to change the probability when the MCM is implemented, but for now it's just an probability I set high for debugging.

ON THE SUBJECT OF THE MCM:

MCMs are easier to implement after all of the basic functions of the mod are in place, of which there are still missing features (ex. Ambient Dialogue).

Once all of the Basic Features (i.e. basic mod compatibility, basic dialogue, basic effects, maybe even some animations) are in place, then I can implement the MCM.

As an example of why, I implemented the NiO bodymorph patch for SL Hormones (not the SLIF one, the NiO/Racemenu based one). 

ALL of the problems people have been experiencing with that patch were related to the MCM compatibility, because Hormone's MCM was implemented early on, but adding the adjustability for new features required logic to allow older features to Coexist in the MCM, which led to minor errors in logical functions, breaking both new and old features in some versions.

To avoid a similar scenario, I am adding the MCM only after the basic features of the mod are all implemented in some way.

WHAT USERS WILL GET IN RETURN FOR PATIENCE DURING DEVELOPMENT:

1.  As a Stop-gap before the MCM is done, I can add a .json file that allows players to change the "Random-Effect-Firing" probability. This will likely not be in-time for the 0.7.3 patch, but will be in 0.8.

2.  My plan for the MCM is to have it be more extensive than BFAP's menu.

BFAP  really only had "Toggle Clothing" and "Stagger" checkboxes, "Change Random Effect Probability" slider, some dialogue sliders, and enabling/disabling the Debug messages.

I plan to have all of those, but also the ability not only to toggle the Overlays (TitKit, SFO, any Future additions), but also the ability to Assign the Color Endpoints as RGBA values.

The current ones are tuned for the type of characters I run, but IDK fi they work well for Argonians, Khajits, etc., or for really customized characters.

So, instead of trying to compromise on a color no one will truly be happy with, I'm going to allow users to change the colors to suit their builds!

If I can, I'd like to also allow for control of "What Effects Are Allowed", "Mod Compatibility Control", and even finer control over the Food FormLists for Sweet/Salty/Filling (for other custom Needs/Food mods).

Edited by w234aew
7 hours ago, w234aew said:

I cannot emphasize this enough: It's still listed as a "WIP/Beta" mod for a reason.

My CK install was broken for a while, but I finally fixed it, so I can get back to development now.

I will be decreasing the duration and intensity of the stagger effect and the Double Vision ISM, and in later versions there will be the ability to decrease the likelihood of effects firing.

The reason it's up so high right now (~50%) is to make sure, in all scenarios, that the effects work correctly.

BFAP (the basis for this mod) had some problems with getting different effects to fire (there was a "3rd Trimester Debug Spell" for a reason), or had problems due to the way the effects were written (ex. script lag).

I'm trying to "Streamline" it as best I can. You WILL be able to change the probability when the MCM is implemented, but for now it's just an probability I set high for debugging.

ON THE SUBJECT OF THE MCM:

MCMs are easier to implement after all of the basic functions of the mod are in place, of which there are still missing features (ex. Ambient Dialogue).

Once all of the Basic Features (i.e. basic mod compatibility, basic dialogue, basic effects, maybe even some animations) are in place, then I can implement the MCM.

As an example of why, I implemented the NiO bodymorph patch for SL Hormones (not the SLIF one, the NiO/Racemenu based one). 

ALL of the problems people have been experiencing with that patch were related to the MCM compatibility, because Hormone's MCM was implemented early on, but adding the adjustability for new features required logic to allow older features to Coexist in the MCM, which led to minor errors in logical functions, breaking both new and old features in some versions.

To avoid a similar scenario, I am adding the MCM only after the basic features of the mod are all implemented in some way.

WHAT USERS WILL GET IN RETURN FOR PATIENCE DURING DEVELOPMENT:

1.  As a Stop-gap before the MCM is done, I can add a .json file that allows players to change the "Random-Effect-Firing" probability. This will likely not be in-time for the 0.7.3 patch, but will be in 0.8.

2.  My plan for the MCM is to have it be more extensive than BFAP's menu.

BFAP  really only had "Toggle Clothing" and "Stagger" checkboxes, "Change Random Effect Probability" slider, some dialogue sliders, and enabling/disabling the Debug messages.

I plan to have all of those, but also the ability not only to toggle the Overlays (TitKit, SFO, any Future additions), but also the ability to Assign the Color Endpoints as RGBA values.

The current ones are tuned for the type of characters I run, but IDK fi they work well for Argonians, Khajits, etc., or for really customized characters.

So, instead of trying to compromise on a color no one will truly be happy with, I'm going to allow users to change the colors to suit their builds!

If I can, I'd like to also allow for control of "What Effects Are Allowed", "Mod Compatibility Control", and even finer control over the Food FormLists for Sweet/Salty/Filling (for other custom Needs/Food mods).

Amazing, thank you very much, I understand now why and how things are :)

I will be patient. I guess you need testers, so here I am. The mod is amazing, the ideas are good and I like it very much, especially stretchmarks and titkit stuff. The only thing is which I could mention is that some of these effects are not really realistic (did you see a pregnant woman stagger like this) but it is indeed hard to find a working effect in Skyrim to substitute what is happening. If you would ask me what I would think would be a good effect to use I would be in trouble too :)

Some feedback:

1.Morning sickness - good and the effect is not bad either, but maybe should only apply the first part of the pregnancy.

2.stagger - yeah my biggest enemy :) It is hard to substitute with something good, the options are ragdoll (could be even worse) or falling and getting up (much much worse, in combat that could kill you) if there will be mcm I will probably just disable this effect (or greatly reduce) if it is possible. While immersive, it is too much of a problem.

3.compulsive eating is amazing and cool. I think maybe it should use food in the characters inventory instead so somehow it still can be controlled. Compatibility with weight morphs is very cool again.

4.red pain effect - good it did not cause any mayor problems, again frequency could be less, but I understand it is a test version.

5. trembling -again, very annoying effect. especially because there is a bug in Skyrim where this shaking/trembling is stuck and happening constantly. (Is this your effect or I am having the bug again.....? LOL)

6. Other ideas - custom anims would be a really good way to add immmersion without difficulty increasing / breaking stuff -anims like holding the belly, or protecting it, etc maybe done with an animator (a lot of animators probably would not mind doing it or already have anims like that like Rozima) or using existing anims using DAR etc... this could fire again randomly.

As you mentioned greater customization options I still think the best option would be to have separate sliders with % to each effect so even these are chosen randomly some effects could be toned down or even disabled from the selection. Also if there would be a slider for frequency for the overall effect (random selector) to quick in (like even  a % chance every hour or 6 hours or something or just a slider to set for how many hours an effect cannot happen again, something like that, that would be great.

Also it quite a big problem that some of these effects firing all the time - when you are fighting, or and this is happening way to much in an animation (OSTIM or SL) and it can and will  break stuff - CTD or camera stuck because of freecam and using animated eating and the character just happen to auto eating something in the middle of an ongoing animation...

These are my ideas.

7. Also someone mentioned offsprings and you said there are no models, well some mods just used downscaled vanilla models which are gradually increase the scale as they grow up (Like Beeing female) that could work here too and you don't need custom assets. Just an idea.

Anyway I will wait patiently, (MCM wink wink) thank you for your answer XD

Edited by Midnightbug

Alright, so here's what I'm doing now that the MME integration works, and how I'll deal with each issue.

14 hours ago, Midnightbug said:

Morning sickness - good and the effect is not bad either, but maybe should only apply the first part of the pregnancy.

The 2nd trimester one was a placeholder early on in development, I just never got around to removing it; I'll do so now.

One addition I may do to Morning Sickness in the future is an actual puking animation (i.e. the one from the Afflicted Attack), but how to deal with that without breaking player control is soemthing that will take a while (another "1.0 and beyond" feature).

stagger - yeah my biggest enemy :) It is hard to substitute with something good

Agreed, ragdolling and bleedout are difficult to deal with in game (ragdolling especially tends to break things).

I use bleedout in the Braxton-Hicks event at the beginning (it is a contraction after all), I'll add a toggle to the JSON to enable/disable that.

I'm also turning down the magnitude on the stagger effects (there are 3 stagger spells, high, medium and low).

They were originally 1.55, 1.25, and ~0.75 if I remember right, and I'm turning them down to 1.0, 0.67, and 0.34.

red pain effect - good it did not cause any mayor problems, again frequency could be less, but I understand it is a test version.

I actually upped the color a little (so that they show up a little better with ENBs), but turned down the duration (by ~half) and turned down the non-color effects, which to me are the really annoying ones (ex. blur, brightness change, etc).

trembling -again, very annoying effect. especially because there is a bug in Skyrim where this shaking/trembling is stuck and happening constantly. (Is this your effect or I am having the bug again

No it wasn't a bug where it was stuck, they were set really long in the script.

I've turned these WAY down. The one for braxton-hicks was 4-5 seconds long with a high magnitude, it's now 1.5-2 seconds (most severe one).

I roughly halved the magnitude and over halved the duration, respectively.

custom anims would be a really good way to add immmersion without difficulty increasing / breaking stuff -anims like holding the belly, or protecting it, etc

From what I recall, one of the LL Animation Packs (whether it was RohZima, NCK30, GunSlicer, I forget) had some animations designed for one of the predecessor pregnancy mods (probably BeeingFemale, but could have been SL Hentai Pregnancy or Procreation), but I forget which animation pack they were in.

If anyone remembers which pack/author it was, please let me know!

Also, added a "quicker" way to adjust event probability and enable/disable stagger than the MCM; a Config.json located in /Data/SKSE/StorageUtilData/FMEffects/.

RN it will only have two integer settings:

1. enablestagger : 0 means no stagger, 1 means stagger (just a simple true/false check)

2. ticker: Simple way to change event probability.

The Minimum value is 2, with no maximum (has to be a positive integer though).

The full probability calculation for an event happening is: (2/Ticker)*100%=Probability of event firing.

The way it calculates shakes out as follows for ticker : event probability values up to 10 (default previous value is highlighted):

2 : 100%

3 : 67%

4 : 50%

5 : 40%

6 : 33%

7 : 28.5%

8 : 25%

9 : 22%

10 : 20%

I'll give these changes a quick test, then release it as 0.75 (there are enough changes to validate a  half-step).

8 hours ago, w234aew said:

1. Puking event / morning sickness

Can be puking like a once a day event maybe? Pregnant women don't puke every hour.

4. Trembling

No it wasn't a bug where it was stuck, they were set really long in the script.

I've turned these WAY down. The one for braxton-hicks was 4-5 seconds long with a high magnitude, it's now 1.5-2 seconds (most severe one).

I roughly halved the magnitude and over halved the duration, respectively.

Cool :)

5. Animations

From what I recall, one of the LL Animation Packs (whether it was RohZima, NCK30, GunSlicer, I forget) had some animations designed for one of the predecessor pregnancy mods (probably BeeingFemale, but could have been SL Hentai Pregnancy or Procreation), but I forget which animation pack they were in.

If anyone remembers which pack/author it was, please let me know!

Also, added a "quicker" way to adjust event probability and enable/disable stagger than the MCM; a Config.json located in /Data/SKSE/StorageUtilData/FMEffects/.

RN it will only have two integer settings:

1. enablestagger : 0 means no stagger, 1 means stagger (just a simple true/false check)

2. ticker: Simple way to change event probability.

The Minimum value is 2, with no maximum (has to be a positive integer though).

The full probability calculation for an event happening is: (2/Ticker)*100%=Probability of event firing.

The way it calculates shakes out as follows for ticker : event probability values up to 10 (default previous value is highlighted):

2 : 100%

3 : 67%

4 : 50%

5 : 40%

6 : 33%

7 : 28.5%

8 : 25%

9 : 22%

10 : 20%

I'll give these changes a quick test, then release it as 0.75 (there are enough changes to validate a  half-step).

Please also have a ticker for like 2- 3%. My experience is that 20% is way too much if the event gets repeated frequently it will still trigger too many times.

15 minutes ago, Midnightbug said:

Please also have a ticker for like 2- 3%. My experience is that 20% is way too much if the event gets repeated frequently it will still trigger too many times.

The past "ticker" setting that was not adjustable in the script was 50%, not 20%; There will be a significant difference between the two.

The "ticker" isn't a set pre-determined available values, it's a line of text that is editable in the Config.json in Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/FMEffects/ directory.

Just change it there to what you'd like, the full calculation is available in the changelog. FYI, 2% would be a ticker value of 100, ~3% would be 66 or 67.

15 minutes ago, Midnightbug said:

Can be puking like a once a day event maybe? Pregnant women don't puke every hour.

I can probably do this using a resetting "HasPukedToday" boolean, but either way this feature will not be implemented until 1.0 or later.

Edited by w234aew

UPDATE:

First round of Conditional Dialogue is in preliminary testing!

I'd also like to add a few things to the JSON before release, like changing dialogue probability, changing overlay color endpoints, direction, etc.

Once they're added, I'll be releasing 0.8!

Update: 0.8 Is Almost Done!

I have a preliminary testing version, but I need your help as development testers!

I've created a "Preliminary 0.8" with Dialogue Lines and Customizable Overlay colors by Race!

I'm not the best artist, and I usually play as a Breton so I don't know what colors work best for other races skin tones (ex. Argonian, Khajiit).

I need people to experiment around in Racemenu with non-pregnant female NPCs of all the different races, to find good RRGGBB Hex colors (the last 6 digits of the number at the bottom of the color menu in Racemenu) for the following scenarios:

1. Nipple Overlay - With the Alpha set to Maximum (A:255), find at least 1, but ideally 2 different colors for the "Speckle 1 Medium" body paint overlay from TitKit. 

The reason for the 2 Hex colors is that the code has "Color Waypoints" that it passes through as pregnancy and recovery progress.

It starts after conception at Areola_Color_value_1 with an alpha of 0, then reaches an alpha of 255 at the start of the 3rd trimester.

Then, the color slowly changes from Areola_Color_value_1 to Areola_Color_value_2 during the 3rd trimester.

Finally, during recovery, the color is at Color_value_2, but the Alpha slowly decreases to 0 at the end of recovery (when the overlays are removed).

One value that can be both waypoints is the minimum, but 2 values that transition Areola_Color_value_1-to-Areola_Color_value_2 would be great!

2. Stretchmarks - With the Alpha set to 70 (A:70), find at least 1, but ideally 2 different RRGGBB hex colors for the "Stretch Pregnancy 1" body paint overlay from SFO.

Almost the same scenario as the nipple overlay, but with the stretchmarks the Stretch_Color_value_1-to-Stretch_Color_value_2 transition happens starting just over halfway through the 3rd trimester (85%) until the average "Birth" point (100%).

One value that can be both waypoints is the minimum, but 2 values that transition Stretch_Color_value_1-to-Stretch_Color_value_2 would be great!

For those who use a custom race, or want to test their colors dynamically:

There is a CustomRace.json in SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/FMEffects that allows for custom Color Endpoints for Custom Race Mods (only 1 right now, but more soon).

The way to use it is to find one of the desired "Color Points" in Racemenu (see above). Once you have those last 6 Digits from the color selection menu, use a hexadecimal to decimal converter on the full 6-digit number (ex. 7B7070 becomes 8089712).

This new decimal number is what gets put into CustomRace.json as that color point (ex. cpareola1 is Areola_Color_value_1).

Rinse and repeat for all 4 values, and you've got your own custom setup!

You can also use this to test colors for the different default races, by doing the same thing in their JSONs!

This is time-intensive, but works if you've got a pregnancy in the middle of 3rd trimester, as long as you wait long enough for the game to update colors ((24*PregnancyLength in days)/99=minimum time to wait, round up to the next whole hour).

With that, I'll be posting the pre-release now!

Edited by w234aew

Further update:

Other than waiting for people to share their color presets for the different races, I'm trying to streamline and "Patch" FME as best I can to work well.

As an example, I'm working on making it so that instead of calling the JSONs and doing all of the math for color shifting during each update, I can just have it pull the color endpoints and rate of color change (for each race, stored as a set of 3 floats) out of arrays, and just do the final math/conversion.

This should allow that script to run a little faster.

Additionally, I've modified the Braxton-Hicks event to use the known mean and standard deviation of pregnancies (~266 days and 16 days respectively) to give a random chance of a character giving birth after a contraction.

I put limits on it within reason, since probabilities are kept as integers there is only a certain range (86%-113%) for which the calculation is valid.

I'll be bug-testing this over the next few days.

Edited by w234aew

Hi w234aew,

I am trying now to play with the ticker.

One more thing for the aerola color, for me it is almost black, so it is I think too much. When you done the mcm I think this should be customizable also, as most folks have different skins enbs, reshades, color presets etc..

:)

I am trying now to play with the ticker.

One more thing for the aerola color, for me it is almost black, so it is I think too much.

Please read the previous posts in the thread.

Currently, the JSONs that control each race's overlay colors are located in Data/SKSE/Plugins/StorageUtilData/FMEffects.

They can be modified with a text editor (ex. Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).

Just use the botton of the "Racemenu Overlay Color Selector" find an overlay color that works well. Racemenu will display it as 8 digits at the bottom of the color selector as an 8-digit Hexadecimal number, AARRGGBB.

For example, FF69B4 is pink, in Racemenu it would be shown at the bottom as ##FF69B4, where ## represents the alpha value/opacity (ex. 01FF69B4 would be almost nonexistent, FFFF69B4 would be opaque), which can be discarded for testing, so the number just becomes FF69B4.

Convert that number (FF69B4 or your choice) to decimal using a hex to decimal converter (like this one), and copy the resulting number (ex. FF69B4 --> 16738740 ) into the desired "Color Point" (ex. "cpareola2" : 8089712, --> "cpareola2" : 16738740, ) in the selected race's JSON (ex. Argonian.json), and then hit save and close it before running the game.

That is how to change the colors of any of the overlay points right now.

When you done the mcm I think this should be customizable also, as most folks have different skins enbs, reshades, color presets etc

That is the plan for when the MCM is made, and it's even doable now, using the method I described above. It's just not changeable in-game using an MCM.

Technically, if you entered the console/paused the game, tabbed out, modified the .json, saved it, and got back into the game, the next update should use those changed values.

It's just a lot less fluid, because it's a JSON, which is easier to implement for beta testing.

What I'm looking for from current "Beta Testers" is not just testing if the customization works (which you can do with those instructions), but also looking for "Good Enough" default color values for the other races of Skyrim.

The color I have pre-selected works alright for Bretons and Nords with an ENB (I run eVx), but not Argonians, Khajiits, Redguards, or other custom races, or even for Bretons/Nords without an ENB.

If you'd like to help and you run a "Close-To-Default-Color" default race that I haven't tested (Redguard, Argonian, Khajiit, Imperial, High/Dark/Wood Elf), posting "Color point" settings would let me include better default values for the default jsons.

If you run a custom race (ex. ygNord, Tiefling, etc.), you can post your modified "CustomRace.json" file with a color setup, to turn this thread into a library for other users.

18 hours ago, gooser said:

Hi, does anyone know what the "(!)" means in my HUD? And also, why I'm not fertile?

image.png

It means your PC has sperm in her vagina/womb, it's part of Fertility mod.

Your not fertile becuase it's not that part of your PCs monthly cycle.

Next I think is Period, followed by Pre-fertile then Fertile.

Edited by Fredfish
1 hour ago, Fredfish said:

It means your PC has sperm in her vagina/womb, it's part of Fertility mod.

Your not fertile becuase it's not that part of your PCs monthly cycle.

Next I think is Period, followed by Pre-fertile then Fertile.

Thanks!

Hello!! I am an extremely noob in modding and I mean I just started 2 days ago. Though I am feeling modding skyrim is hard and can be very complicated at times honestly.

But I still want to download this mod and fertility mod in general so can someone please tell me which installation guide for this mod should I follow? Also another thing I wanted to ask is I wanted to use a body preset for 3ba, should I not use one? I haven't really started using bodybuild much as it scares me so if someone could give me instructions for that as well, I will be very grateful. 

Another thing where do I put rs children patch for fertility mod? Below this mod? What mods do I exactly need for this mod to work?

I am so sorry if this bothers you! ?‍♀️?‍♀️

4 hours ago, RosePalitsky said:

Hello!! I am an extremely noob in modding and I mean I just started 2 days ago. Though I am feeling modding skyrim is hard and can be very complicated at times honestly.

But I still want to download this mod and fertility mod in general so can someone please tell me which installation guide for this mod should I follow? Also another thing I wanted to ask is I wanted to use a body preset for 3ba, should I not use one? I haven't really started using bodybuild much as it scares me so if someone could give me instructions for that as well, I will be very grateful. 

Another thing where do I put rs children patch for fertility mod? Below this mod? What mods do I exactly need for this mod to work?

I would recommend following some sort of guide before diving straight in to specific mods.

Also get a mod manager it will make your life so much easier (I use Mod Organiser 2, there are guides on how to use it on You Tube).

You might start here

Edited by Fredfish
56 minutes ago, Fredfish said:

I would recommend following some sort of guide before diving straight in to specific mods.

Also get a mod manager it will make your life so much easier (I use Mod Organiser 2, there are guides on how to use it on You Tube).

You might start here

Thanks I already have that, I use vortex. Like I said I started 2 days ago so I have already covered the base of modding it's just I needed help for this mod and its variant but thank you for the link 

6 hours ago, RosePalitsky said:

You don't put the RSChildren patch anywhere.  The instructions for FM+ say to not install any of Fertility Mode's optional patches, because they're all included!

Failure to follow the instructions will mean it doesn't work.   Installing any of FM's bundled patches, will break it totally.

Uninstall Fertility Mode and start over.  Just telling your mod manager to not load the optional patches is not sufficient!

Edited by sub-human
1 hour ago, sub-human said:

You don't put the RSChildren patch anywhere.  The instructions for FM+ say to not install any of Fertility Mode's optional patches, because they're all included!

Failure to follow the instructions will mean it doesn't work.   Installing any of FM's bundled patches, will break it totally.

Uninstall Fertility Mode and start over.  Just telling your mod manager to not load the optional patches is not sufficient!

Thank you so much for giving the warning before I actually downloaded it. I am really grateful! Do I follow the instructions on how to download the fertility mod from the FM+ mod page?