ODefeat - Defeat Reborn

I now install  OSA , OStim, ODefeat, run FNIS, (and confirm all required mod up-dated and installed already) then launch game I saw Alert message some mod overwrite papylus Util scripts offered by sexlab frame work beta 9.   So I do not know how this mod work with sexlab frame work (current beta 9) , Shoud I make OSA mods overwrite sexlab Frame work script files?  or I can set Sexlab framework overwrite OSA offered scripts?  (or simply I need to choose one of them ?)

Other user how test this? 

osaoverwrite.JPG

2 hours ago, Someone92 said:

OSA comes with outdated stuff, it should be the first to be installed and overwritten by other mods.

Best download the newest version of PapyrusUtil SE and overwrite what is bundled in by other mods.

thanks so if  OSA script (of papyrusUtilSE) can be over-written without problem, 

I may simply locate Sexlab Frame work (beta 9) SE overwrite it >> Ostim >> other OSA plug ins or related mods. may work.

11 hours ago, hdregash said:

So, I seem to pretty much suck at this button mashing as it will hit a plateau then I cannot progress and lose.  Even if I set the difficulty to -5, I lose.  Plus the camera goes third party and I cannot move it around to see what is going on, I just see the bar.  Level 73 character, from surprise or even when they are already beat down, does not seem to help.  Other than the standard 'Get Gud scrub' is there anything else I am missing about this?

got the same problem even with a Macro button pressing the keys  with 3ms delay i cant beat this plateau and even with enemys helth set to 1 no chance

For the people not understanding the game, you press and release left-shift, then you press and release right-shift. Then you press and release left shift. Repeat. fast. If the bar never goes up at all either the buttons are mapped wrong or something else is wrong

At difficulty -5 against a 1 hp enemy you should only need to do a button combo 1-2 times per second to win which is very slow and easy.

difficulty 0 is balanced so low hp boss enemies are moderately challenging, and most enemies around your level at full hp are fairly challenging. If you find your button mashing skills to not line up with that, adjust the difficulty accordingly.

1 hour ago, Sairion said:

At difficulty -5 against a 1 hp enemy you should only need to do a button combo 1-2 times per second to win which is very slow and easy.

difficulty 0 is balanced so low hp boss enemies are moderately challenging, and most enemies around your level at full hp are fairly challenging. If you find your button mashing skills to not line up with that, adjust the difficulty accordingly.

Though I could use default setting (not bind new keys) and could start animation but I really hope  this mod offer option to avoid  mini game.  it sometimes interesting but sometimes it just add un-necessary step.  I do not hope to break my key-bord for this mini-game. if I really often play with this mod.  

of course I like to see struggle move though, and I may sometimes hope to struggle game. but  I need option, with seeing struggle animation, I click one key, then  start Osex animation  without fail. 

or if I atack with G key as sneaking , it should target Stun.  do not need to play struggle again.   

and I test with followers, after fnish animation, the mod keep to show me window like "E to serch iventory"

then I can not  use usuall activate key for the follower any more, can not find way to return , E key work for other follower, and the victim (follower) still talk but the info window stack. (I take cloth from her iventory then move etc,) but info not change.

stuck.JPG.c292655955c94c39fb629a337065eaa3.JPG

At same time I expect how Osex mods improved and this mod will be improved more. it is new one option to start Osex animation. but I hope this mod will be improved to add detail after knock down perfectly.  new struggle system and animation is interesting, but it should not be main of this mod.

Defeat offer how we play after knock out with more detail. it is important aspect if some mod released as next generation defeat mod. without it we only see new knock down way and animation .

(you know, shift R and L or any key just tap quickly , is not so interesting as action  it is same we L and R push quick as to cancel freeze in battle game.  but I believe, this mod main aspect is not simulate battle and knock out. 

Edited by greenmango12
1 hour ago, greenmango12 said:

Though I could use default setting (not bind new keys) and could start animation but I really hope  this mod offer option to avoid  mini game.  it sometimes interesting but sometimes it just add un-necessary step.  I do not hope to break my key-bord for this mini-game. if I really often play with this mod.  

of course I like to see struggle move though, and I may sometimes hope to struggle game. but  I need option, with seeing struggle animation, I click one key, then  start Osex animation  without fail. 

or if I atack with G key as sneaking , it should target Stun.  do not need to play struggle again.   

and I test with followers, after fnish animation, the mod keep to show me window like "E to serch iventory"

then I can not  use usuall activate key for the follower any more, can not find way to return , E key work for other follower, and the victim (follower) still talk but the info window stack. (I take cloth from her iventory then move etc,) but info not change.

stuck.JPG.c292655955c94c39fb629a337065eaa3.JPG

At same time I expect how Osex mods improved and this mod will be improved more. it is new one option to start Osex animation. but I hope this mod will be improved to add detail after knock down perfectly.  new struggle system and animation is interesting, but it should not be main of this mod.

Defeat offer how we play after knock out with more detail. it is important aspect if some mod released as next generation defeat mod. without it we only see new knock down way and animation .

(you know, shift R and L or any key just tap quickly , is not so interesting as action  it is same we L and R push quick as to cancel freeze in battle game.  but I believe, this mod main aspect is not simulate battle and knock out. 

Before 30 people post asking to turn off the minigame because this kind of thing happens any time I deviate from a sexlab equivalent even a tiny bit:

If you remove the minigame it's pretty similar to the other defeat mods, just use those at that point. Or better yet just set the difficulty to the minimum.

59 minutes ago, Storms1 said:

Is it pretty safe to assume this will never have creature support?

it's a low priority but it will come eventually. Waiting for the animation porting tool development to complete first

Edited by Sairion
9 minutes ago, Sairion said:

Before 30 people post asking to turn off the minigame because this kind of thing happens any time I deviate from a sexlab equivalent even a tiny bit:

If you remove the minigame it's pretty similar to the other defeat mods, just use those at that point. Or better yet just set the difficulty to the minimum.

it's a low priority but it will come eventually. Waiting for the animation porting tool development to complete first

The real problem for me,

when I change key bind, actually this mini-game not work at all. so there have been same report I suppose.

even though I follow the description. (just click 2 button each with set -5) . then it  after all only worked when I use default key config. (shift R and L )   

At same time it break my current key setting  eg shift -R used for run / walk already.

so I see some strange thing,  even though you think the user is silly enough most of user who test this mini game may try to set-up and change key-config  untill sucess your new struggling mini-game.  

Only for test how it work, you could offer option , to hide it. 

if it work my custom key set, I may not care much. but I really do not know why I need to paly this mini-game.  to start sex mod. at same time,  so you confirm you do not  add option  then I simplystop to test this mod thank you. 

4 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

thanks so if  OSA script (of papyrusUtilSE) can be over-written without problem,

A good rule of thumb is to install the requirements first, then the mod.

E.g. ODefeat requires OStim, insteall it after OStim.

OStim requires OSex and OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine, install it after those.

OSex requries OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine, so install OSex after it.

So you get the install order

OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine -> OSex -> OStim -> ODefeat

Modders Resources and Utilities such as JContainers and ConsoleUtil should always be installed last (make sure you have the newest version) as those should not be edited by other mod authors. If they do, spank them.

53 minutes ago, Someone92 said:

E.g. ODefeat requires OStim, insteall it after OStim.

OStim requires OSex and OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine, install it after those.

OSex requries OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine, so install OSex after it.

So you get the install order

OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine -> OSex -> OStim -> ODefeat

Modders Resources and Utilities such as JContainers and ConsoleUtil should always be installed last (make sure you have the newest version) as those should not be edited by other mod authors. If they do, spank them.

Are you currently using sexlab frame work beta 9?  if so papylus util 3.9 scripts (most of user may download it from nexus)  contain  old version scripts than beta 9 offered. (from file date check)

So I may prefer sexlab frame work beta 9 should overwrite papylus util  in MO2. untill I can confirm sexlab util up date and include same script as beta 

I like the potential here, any chance for adding stamina to the equation? from a game play standpoint it would be fun to make a character build that defeats enemies through stamina depletion (like using the mace of Molag Bal that drains stamina and has the whole domination theme surrounding it)

also if you ever plan on doing a silly mode it would be funny for the knockdown to create a puff of smoke so you can see the victims armor flying out of it lol

3 hours ago, Someone92 said:

What is meant by that / Where can one find them?

At the bottom of the file download page you can see the documentation for adding custom events.

You can also check out the ODefeat github page here:

https://github.com/Osmosis-Wrench/ODefeat

And the same info is availible there as well, I can probably make it more in depth though. It's meant more as a very basic explanation of how it works.

Basically it will read in any .json file in a specific directory and if the data in that json file fits the schema it will be loaded as a possible defeat event option. Then when you're defeated it will choose one of the events based off your selections and fire the relevant modevent to start it.

19 hours ago, waiyan said:

Does player victim scenerio support three or more actors? 

i dont think they have more than 2 actor animations yet, but the part i was hoping they will add in sense it doesnt work yet is when defeated you only have sex with 1 person then the defeat ends to whatever end event you have. in SL defeat you would be raped by all members of the party or atleast you would have setting to choose the likelyhood of that. I am assuming those settings will come in time though, great mod! almost to the point i would switch over from SL