ODefeat - Defeat Reborn

Having scanned the description and comments, I get the impression this mod does not function using a controller?  

Putting down the controller and having it drop off the desk and hitting our cat on the head while I'm bashing the Shift keys doesn't appeal.   ?

Please, what's the controller status of this mod?

Thanks

17 hours ago, Bluegunk said:

Having scanned the description and comments, I get the impression this mod does not function using a controller?  

Putting down the controller and having it drop off the desk and hitting our cat on the head while I'm bashing the Shift keys doesn't appeal.   ?

Please, what's the controller status of this mod?

Thanks

We went out of our way to support controller as best as we can, you can rebind all ODefeat controls to controller buttons from the ODefeat MCM menu. I do recomend if you're playing on controller you bring the difficulty down a little bit as mashing in the minigame is a little harder on controller. If you have any issues with controller please report them and they'll get addressed.

22 hours ago, VenomousVex said:

I have a problem, I installed the mod, I'm going to start a new save, but when I create the new game, as soon as the character loads, it appears that my papyrus extender is out of date, and I went to the mod page, and I'm using the latest version, what do I do? just ignore?

Ensure you have PO3 Papyrus Extender and that PapyrusUTil winning all conflicts, so either have it at the bottom of your load order in MO2 or set it to overwrite in Vortex.

On 9/30/2021 at 3:51 AM, osmosis-wrench said:

We went out of our way to support controller as best as we can, you can rebind all ODefeat controls to controller buttons from the ODefeat MCM menu. I do recomend if you're playing on controller you bring the difficulty down a little bit as mashing in the minigame is a little harder on controller. If you have any issues with controller please report them and they'll get addressed.

Ensure you have PO3 Papyrus Extender and that PapyrusUTil winning all conflicts, so either have it at the bottom of your load order in MO2 or set it to overwrite in Vortex.

Oops, sorry I'm so dumb, I had papyrusutil installed, not the extender, sorry, thanks for helping, it was my own mistake, sorry hehe

Hey guys, new issue. I keep getting killed normal. console says: all enemies invalid: killing player. NPCs that normaly work (Guards, Bandits) just kill the player instead of starting the Script. Anyone here have a clue how to fix that? I already tried: Reinstalled Mods, New Save, OStim reset, FNIS re-run. I dont have any conflicting mods of NPCs, Animations or Deathevents, so im not sure of what the issue might be. 

Dont want to reinstall every mod, because it worked fine in the beginning. I believe Installing OSex animation packs might have caused the issue. not sure

Just now, Feledae said:

Would it be possible to have a condition where you enter the struggle at a higher health than 0, and also a surrender option?

The reason I ask is I would like the death option to work as normal but have options where defeat occurs before I die.

20 hours ago, MooNinety said:

Is there any way I can safely uninstall the mod after enabling player as victim ? 

According to the mod:

"Notice: once enabled, this setting cannot be disabled, and ODefeat cannot be uninstalled, or the player will become immortal."

1 hour ago, RedNick54 said:

Could we get an MCM option to disable the scene lock? I would like to control what the aggressor does during the scene. Loving the mod so far, way better than Sexlab Defeat.

That's controlled in the configuration tab in OStim, under "AI Control." Unless there's some issue where unticking both "Enable full-auto control" and "Force full-auto control if player is attacked" doesn't work.

18 hours ago, Alatos1 said:

According to the mod:

"Notice: once enabled, this setting cannot be disabled, and ODefeat cannot be uninstalled, or the player will become immortal."

I guess I can't uninstall it and then go to the sexlab defeat then or is there anyway I can use both of them?

Thank you very much for the mod!

I'm a bit confused though about the possibility of being robbed without the sex scenes to occur. In the "Events" tab of MCM there's an information saying that the post-assault events can happen after the sex scene OR just immidiately after being defeated by the enemies, depending on how you configure the settings (not exact words from the MCM, but I guess the meaning is the same). It also says that you can configure the chance of sex scene to occur, but I don't see such setting in your mod's MCM.

Do you mean the chance of assault setting in the Events tab? I'm asking, because I tried with assault being set to zero, but then I always die after reaching zero health.

Would love just being robbed and dumped somewhere, without the whole sexual part. Is this possible, or am I misunderstanding your mod?

I have all required mods and their dependancies installed.

Edited by epsadin

if i win a struggle during a scene by character gets up and i can move but i have no UI, its as if its stuck in the death screen but I can still move around. any fix?

EDIT: ok, i believe I found the problem. I'm using "Thugs, Not Assassins" and earlier in my play-through I was beat by thugs and with that mod you aren't killed but you are in a death screen that you recover from. This happened to me but It got a little wonky.

since that happened, if I win a struggle or escape from a scene, the game is still stuck in the "death camera". might be something to be aware of if any other players use this mod.

Edited by bwax687

There are some very amusing interactions with OVoice. After instalation I tested it on Hulda. Couldn't help but laugh manically as she called me "sweet as a honey from a comb" after the scene ended and she was lying down in embryo position and I was in the process of robbing her.

They are compatible in the sense that you can own a red car and a blue car, but you can only drive one at the same time.

A mod can only either trigger a SexLab scene or a OStim scene, and a mod that looks out for SexLab scene, e.g. to determine if an actor gets pregnant, won't trigger on a OStim scene.

Having loads of problems with actors not being aligned even remotely. Is there a way to adjust or reset their positions in the OSex menu anywhere?

p.s. thanks for including the source with the mod, people who do this are legends

Edited by terms
On 9/23/2021 at 3:12 AM, kincade said:

As a feature request, it would be nice if the death events would still trigger when the PC goes down even if there are no valid attackers for an OStim scene. If the intent of this mod is to be a replacement for Death Alternative, then it should try to account for non-sex scenarios.

Looking through the code on GitHub, I wonder if this can be accomplished by just changing the calls in HandlePlayerDeath for KillPlayer to be PunishPlayer instead. I think that would then roll on the events and then pick one from there. Might need some kind of check so that the Rob event doesn't fire when you get defeated by some bears. Or not, maybe those are just clever and greedy bears.

If you are up for contributions, I could try making a branch and then noodling around with the code.

Have you had any success with this? Considering giving it a shot myself, but figured I should check with someone who may be working on it already.

It sounds like it'd be a MUCH cleaner solution than trying to run DA alongside ODefeat.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:20 PM, LucidAPs said:

Any suggestions for an animation pack to use with this? Because it's a bit strange for thugs and vampire slaves trying to "rape" your character and all of a sudden they are making sweet romantic love.

Agreed.

Say that you find animations, how would one change them?

For me the biggest issue is the audio, too romantic.

Original Defeat had more apt animations as well.

On 11/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, lesdoit2 said:

Agreed.

Say that you find animations, how would one change them?

For me the biggest issue is the audio, too romantic.

Original Defeat had more apt animations as well.

This. I assumed this mod had in-built aggressive animations, but seems that is not the case?. Can someone confirm if the animations are the normal romantic, or if there are specific aggressive animations fitting the mod?