31 minutes ago, LordDrakath15226 said:

If possible would you be able to convert this armor: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21162? and why only one of the IKAROS bodies? Been meaning to ask.

I have already looked at that one an I decided back when I looked at it that it really did not have enough polygons to be an easy enough conversion over to Atomic Beauty.

I do think though since it is fully clothed it might be simple enough to make it work for IKAROS though just not in a really close AB shape.

Right now though I have been playing a lot of the game, been finding my mistakes and making some corrections.

Particularly in Wardrobe 6 edited all the slot numbers to the back of the name and corrected some of Tomb Raider stuff, noticed right away there were some issues with the sliders and corrected them just yesterday actually.  Last night before I went to bed I also noticed I need to fix some skirts in Wardrobe 7 still have not gotten to that yet.

I am actually sitting on Wardrobe 5, took over a week of work on it but I'm still not satisfied with the many Blouse tops in it...Just not conformed really well to the AB shape may take another attempt on all 4 or 5 of them to get those in good release shape....Probably just got burned out.

I figure next week I will have some Fixes for Wardrobe 6 and 7....Probably work on DX Bikini Collection Part 2 and have that out the following week.

Right now though I am really actually playing with all the stuff I have made in the game and getting a good look at how some work really well and others look like hammered horse manure.  Kinda hard to know which stuff works well as I dont have as many people dropping comments as I have had over on Nexus, likely not as many playing Fo4 as Skyrim though.

Too be fair though there are a ton of outfit packs here for IKAROS and getting into 1,2, or 3 outfits in a game is about the usual I suspect for gaming.  Well there are hundreds here to pick from, mostly noticed that the early stuff that is skirts needs fixing up but I still got lots to get through in game to know for certain.  Sure glad though to take some time away from working on mods and outfits just to play the game though.

To be honest,

I'm having a blast playing the game, it is great to finally be able to play the game using outfits in the Atomic Beauty shape with a decent physics system also.

:D

Waited years for someone else to do the work lol but I guess Bodyslides for AB just never took off.  I remember a lot of AB bodyslide authors were acting like they were going to get to it and make a whole bunch of stuff but uh it never materialized.

How do you even convert to this race? I noticed Ikaros has a FG variant and I converted a very basic outfit to FG (to see if I could). I already tweaked this outfit to work with FG presets (the extreme presets have some clipping I can fix later) and I copied the bone weights so all that's left as far as I can tell is to convert it to Ikaros_FG but I have no idea how.

Hello! I having a bit of trouble with the files and stuff no matter what (Most clothing) don't show up? I did everything the guide said and stuff...No matter what shirt (From VTAW) or Vanilla stuff I put on...It won't show? What Have I done wrong? I built the slider stuff, but still nothing showing up. May I ask for advice? (Sorry english not first lang)

4 hours ago, LordDrakath15226 said:

If you want i can test out some outfits and tell you like for example: I've run into some weird problems with COCO Bikini but i need to check if the problem persists after rebuilding the outfits. 

Hey sure, I will take a look at those COCO Bikini's cant say I will have them right away, already working on refining the Wardrobe 6 and 7, so that they will fit better...Well I will be completely fixing the skirts.  Did those a back when I started and my experience from working on Skyrim did not help with understanding that a Skirt NiNode is special to Fallout 4, but I get it now and can make that happen so those will be fixed up next week.

Like I said been playing the game a lot and using as much stuff as I can while doing the quests best way to get an eye on things.

I appreciate it if people point out an issue with an outfit there are just soo many of them afterall.

2 hours ago, agmoyer955 said:

How do you even convert to this race? I noticed Ikaros has a FG variant and I converted a very basic outfit to FG (to see if I could). I already tweaked this outfit to work with FG presets (the extreme presets have some clipping I can fix later) and I copied the bone weights so all that's left as far as I can tell is to convert it to Ikaros_FG but I have no idea how.

Hey Agmoyer955,

Wow that is a fairly small question that requires a lengthy answer

So there are a few parts to making an outfit work for a brand new race like IKAROS.

I did not know IKAROS had a Fussion Girl version, actually I am not very familiar with Fusion Girl only knew it was a thing in the last couple of months or so.

So it sounds like your familiar with working with Outfit Studio, but for sake of completeness I will give out a pointer about IKAROS conversions in Outfit Studio to help with keeping the outfits snug that I sort of realized after making soo many of these....Like halfway through all these releases OUCH.

So the key thing after you have got the outfit working with Fusion Girl proper....Is to swap in the IKAROS body that is in Fusion Girl shape.  See the issue is that IKAROS is not true 1 to 1 with its human counterpart so there will be clipping if you dont swap in the IKAROS body and check to see if it clips with IKAROS using the sliders in Outfit Studio, this will help you correct the issue.

After you have converted the Outfits parts

Next comes editing the ESP in Fo4Edit.

See you have to insert IKAROS race tags into the ArmorAA's for each part.

However, there is 1 part that you want to create a duplicate of!

Every single shoe item that uses slot 33, you want to duplicate it, remove all the race tags and add in the IKAROS tag.....This new duplicate is only for IKAROS and this ArmorAA you then insert into the Armor Catagories "Model" Data point.

There are 2 keywords that IKAROS has to control skin material of slot 33 items.

Cant recall the names at 5am in morning,

however

1 goes into Keyword data point of Armor Catagory for the item

The other 1 goes into Attach Parent Slot.

If you are familiar with Fo4edit, just looking at a small pack where I edited the ESP should quickly reveal how this is done.

Untitled.png

3 hours ago, Lyonsx said:

Hello! I having a bit of trouble with the files and stuff no matter what (Most clothing) don't show up? I did everything the guide said and stuff...No matter what shirt (From VTAW) or Vanilla stuff I put on...It won't show? What Have I done wrong? I built the slider stuff, but still nothing showing up. May I ask for advice? (Sorry english not first lang)

You ended up contacting me on Discord, so this post is to let people know that I did not let this go unanswered.

So I am playing the game a lot more, here is an outfit put together in the game but it required some editing so that the parts would not clip.

Also some cleaning up of weight paints.

And some creative application of the weight paints on the swimsuit so that there was better bounce that made sense.

ScreenShot100.png

I am going to have to get really creative with UNIBoob here, cause the left and right breast weight paints will need to cross over into what normally would be right zone breast weight paint only and VS Versa.  So that the bounce will be looking correct with life.

ScreenShot101.png

Here I show that I have altered the TRS flag tank top to fit over a Wardrobe 7 bra.  Same was done with Pants.

It was during mix and match that I noticed that there were some items in Wardrobe 6 and 7 that would not work at all and I will get to those and fix them up for a coming update.

4 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Hey Agmoyer955,

Wow that is a fairly small question that requires a lengthy answer

So there are a few parts to making an outfit work for a brand new race like IKAROS.

I did not know IKAROS had a Fussion Girl version, actually I am not very familiar with Fusion Girl only knew it was a thing in the last couple of months or so.

So it sounds like your familiar with working with Outfit Studio, but for sake of completeness I will give out a pointer about IKAROS conversions in Outfit Studio to help with keeping the outfits snug that I sort of realized after making soo many of these....Like halfway through all these releases OUCH.

So the key thing after you have got the outfit working with Fusion Girl proper....Is to swap in the IKAROS body that is in Fusion Girl shape.  See the issue is that IKAROS is not true 1 to 1 with its human counterpart so there will be clipping if you dont swap in the IKAROS body and check to see if it clips with IKAROS using the sliders in Outfit Studio, this will help you correct the issue.

After you have converted the Outfits parts

Next comes editing the ESP in Fo4Edit.

See you have to insert IKAROS race tags into the ArmorAA's for each part.

However, there is 1 part that you want to create a duplicate of!

Every single shoe item that uses slot 33, you want to duplicate it, remove all the race tags and add in the IKAROS tag.....This new duplicate is only for IKAROS and this ArmorAA you then insert into the Armor Catagories "Model" Data point.

There are 2 keywords that IKAROS has to control skin material of slot 33 items.

Cant recall the names at 5am in morning,

however

1 goes into Keyword data point of Armor Catagory for the item

The other 1 goes into Attach Parent Slot.

If you are familiar with Fo4edit, just looking at a small pack where I edited the ESP should quickly reveal how this is done.

Untitled.png

Thank you for this information, I been following this and the discord steps but I'm stuck on theirs

• Step 10: Select all Armor forms in the {Outfit} plugin that use body slot 33 and right click select "Copy as override (with overwriting) into..."
  • Step 10.1: Select the plugin you have just created for the Armor Addons.
  • Step 10.2: Select an Armor record, and navigate to "Models". Right click select "Add"
  • Step 10.3: Edit the Model #1 record to be your created Armor Addon.
  • Step 10.4: Right click select "Move Up" on the Model record.
  • Step 11: Save your plugin.
  • Step 11.1: Load up the game and see if the outfit works on both Human and IKAROS race, if not, try troubleshooting any of the steps again.

Step 10 I think it means the original outfit.esp that was not edited and if I do click "Copy as override (with overwriting) into..." it'll ask me to replace the edited armour addons with biped body template "33 - body with the original outfit's armor addons with that same body slot. Would that not undo everything I did up to this point?

This is where I'm lost now because their guide doesn't mention the pop ups you'll be getting and that not all of them should be ignored.

7 hours ago, agmoyer955 said:

Thank you for this information, I been following this and the discord steps but I'm stuck on theirs

• Step 10: Select all Armor forms in the {Outfit} plugin that use body slot 33 and right click select "Copy as override (with overwriting) into..."
  • Step 10.1: Select the plugin you have just created for the Armor Addons.
  • Step 10.2: Select an Armor record, and navigate to "Models". Right click select "Add"
  • Step 10.3: Edit the Model #1 record to be your created Armor Addon.
  • Step 10.4: Right click select "Move Up" on the Model record.
  • Step 11: Save your plugin.
  • Step 11.1: Load up the game and see if the outfit works on both Human and IKAROS race, if not, try troubleshooting any of the steps again.

Step 10 I think it means the original outfit.esp that was not edited and if I do click "Copy as override (with overwriting) into..." it'll ask me to replace the edited armour addons with biped body template "33 - body with the original outfit's armor addons with that same body slot. Would that not undo everything I did up to this point?

This is where I'm lost now because their guide doesn't mention the pop ups you'll be getting and that not all of them should be ignored.

I prefer using copy as new Record on ArmorAA slot 33 item.

EDIT, there will be a new window that will want you to check box which ESP gets this new Record, I pick the original cause I intend to keep the ESP allotment low on the user-end.

Which brings up a window that will ask for a new ID.  Usually just name it exactly the same way but with a suffix _IKAROS <----As a suffix its easier to see when you have lots an lots of records to scroll through.

Example.....

DX_ShineNShowAA, I might simply duplicate this record with copy as new record then name the new record DX_ShineNShowAA_IKAROS or as DX_ShineNShow_IKAROS_AA

The Issue with the method being used in your example is that you will end up with a lot of patch ESP's that end users will complain that they have hit their limit.  I would rather have altered the original to recognize the IKAROS race.

"Step 10 I think it means the original outfit.esp that was not edited and if I do click "Copy as override (with overwriting) into..." it'll ask me to replace the edited armour addons with biped body template "33 - body with the original outfit's armor addons with that same body slot. Would that not undo everything I did up to this point?"

Correct, "Copy as Override" is literally making your new plug in, Overwrite the information in the Load Order.

My way is better I think but this instruction is a bit confusing, Copy as Overwrite does not provide a new record it creates an overwriting record that is meant to change the information in the original record in a seperate ESP that comes later in the end user load order.

I want you to copy as a new record for ArmorAA's, so that IKAROS has a unique ArmorAA record.

Later in the Armor Catagory we attach this unique ArmorAA so we have true race switching as in Skyrims game with multiple races.

The original idea for making IKAROS Armor conversions was that IKAROS would have Unique Armors that did not race switch.

That has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

#1 reason is that it makes it so that if done right all IKAROS armors are in their own unique Folder/File name pathing so end user could have any type of body installed for the human counterpart without worrying about if both human an IKAROS were the same body type ie both Fusion Girl.

The disadvantage is that all the armor in the game for your IKAROS would be created only at the workbench, some players would rather just pick up armor in the game wilds put that on just like a normal 1st time game experience.

Also the instructions set you have given are not really a completely accurate set of instructions, these assume you have knowledge of what you are doing and seem to be abbreviated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selecting multiple ArmorAA records for copy or overwrite 

Fo4edit may ask you to give a prefix or suffix for your newly generated records in popup windows, of course your provided instruction set does not offer explanation of this.

Think of Prefix as an identifier that comes before the named record.  Suffix is the identifier that comes after the named record.

This is how such a massive copy of so many records easily creates new unique named records in one go.

You could also have just made them one at a time which ever you feel most comfortable with.

Edited by Gameplayer
2 hours ago, agmoyer955 said:

Out of curiosity how does permissions work when converting outfit to other body type? Do you need it or does nobody care? 

First rule,

Always check the permissions tab.

After that bear in mind that if you do a conversion right, the end-user actually requires the original mod because your add-on is technically well an add-on, it should not contain the needed assets to run on its own without the mod authors work.  This is actually desirable for many content creators as well since most that are still producing have donations systems in place, pay pal, or patreon account based system that helps them gain some money for their time an work.  It brings people in, creates interest in their old projects and actually brings in revenue even years later.

In most cases a simple Bodyslide conversion will not require a written message of authorization, there are however edge cases a bit numerous to list them all here.

Example, the "author" is not the only one with a claim on the work such as assets borrowed from video games, have been known to receive limited permissions for use in a mod for games such as Skyrim.  Such examples are bound to fall off altogether as their are popular websites that provide mods that are making the claim of ownership of said works unclear and companies will want to either pursue a lawsuit or avoid them depends on the company.  Some companies of games like Witcher Series have been very generous.

Some Authors will implicitly say that no conversions are too be made though none come to mind at the moment.

Some implicitly say that none of their work is to appear on specific sites.  Though I am unsure of an armor mod being in one of those cases.

Bodyslide has been sort of an outlier as these things go since all the needed components take you back to the original authors work.

I have done work that used Bodyslide extensively that would easily fall into the realm of needing written permissions, ala Book of UUNP.

Contacted dozens of mod authors to get those perms in some cases waiting 6-12 months for a reply.

Book of UUNP however is not the same thing as a Bodyslide conversion though.

There is also a good arguement to be made that one should do it anyway, even if not strictly required.

Just write them a message and get the permissions.

You will end up over time developing a lot of contacts in the community and it can at times help you out though no specifics come to mind at the moment at this time of night.  It does help making friends and in time you might work on some interesting mod projects either with the authors you have written or with people you met through them.

These sort of relationships are the ones that really do matter the most for a healthy mod community to thrive as well, since as you develop your contacts and grow as a mod author a lot of interesting mod projects come along that get worked on that may otherwise not be.  It results in more content for the end users and better working relationships with the active mod authors as well.  Not exactly something that is tracked in bigger mod communities.

Edited by Gameplayer
2 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

First rule,

Always check the permissions tab.

After that bear in mind that if you do a conversion right, the end-user actually requires the original mod because your add-on is technically well an add-on, it should not contain the needed assets to run on its own without the mod authors work.  This is actually desirable for many content creators as well since most that are still producing have donations systems in place, pay pal, or patreon account based system that helps them gain some money for their time an work.  It brings people in, creates interest in their old projects and actually brings in revenue even years later.

In most cases a simple Bodyslide conversion will not require a written message of authorization, there are however edge cases a bit numerous to list them all here.

Example, the "author" is not the only one with a claim on the work such as assets borrowed from video games, have been known to receive limited permissions for use in a mod for games such as Skyrim.  Such examples are bound to fall off altogether as their are popular websites that provide mods that are making the claim of ownership of said works unclear and companies will want to either pursue a lawsuit or avoid them depends on the company.  Some companies of games like Witcher Series have been very generous.

Some Authors will implicitly say that no conversions are too be made though none come to mind at the moment.

Some implicitly say that none of their work is to appear on specific sites.  Though I am unsure of an armor mod being in one of those cases.

Bodyslide has been sort of an outlier as these things go since all the needed components take you back to the original authors work.

I have done work that used Bodyslide extensively that would easily fall into the realm of needing written permissions, ala Book of UUNP.

Contacted dozens of mod authors to get those perms in some cases waiting 6-12 months for a reply.

Book of UUNP however is not the same thing as a Bodyslide conversion though.

There is also a good arguement to be made that one should do it anyway, even if not strictly required.

Just write them a message and get the permissions.

You will end up over time developing a lot of contacts in the community and it can at times help you out though no specifics come to mind at the moment at this time of night.  It does help making friends and in time you might work on some interesting mod projects either with the authors you have written or with people you met through them.

These sort of relationships are the ones that really do matter the most for a healthy mod community to thrive as well, since as you develop your contacts and grow as a mod author a lot of interesting mod projects come along that get worked on that may otherwise not be.  It results in more content for the end users and better working relationships with the active mod authors as well.  Not exactly something that is tracked in bigger mod communities.

Thanks, been wondering that because on nexus and even trying to look it up gave no specific mention about converting from one body to another. Just general statements which legally makes sense.

Well almost Friday,

Still have not done Wardrobe Skirt Fixes ><

Really been playing the shit out of Fallout 4.

Actually did a conversion over here on making USP 45 weapon by Toon work for IKAROS race, now he says to use something called the PipPad but I found that Tactical Tablet works instead.

Also found some optimization mods that I installed that took time getting working like Buffout 4, which is amazing stuff and then I found a mod called Sprint FPS fix what is crazy about that one is that it does more than fix sprinting cause it removes some stutter that is still in the game engine even with a nice computer >< holy moly ms molly.

So I dont know if I will have Wardrobe 6 and 7 where I want it by Friday but I wont be empty handed with stuff cause I have some goodies this USP 45 by Toon is crazy awesome weapon with a working off hand knife which is really sweet.  The Knives in this pack have ArmorAA entries that just needed the IKAROS race tag added for it to actually work with IKAROS.

I ran into my own issue had not updated my own in game outfits for Vanilla like I did for the downloads section here for IKAROS, again it was my skirts acting up not working properly, though I just ran my own update through for IKAROS Vanilla Items really quick that fixed that up.

Anyway, I am still active here, and finding stuff that needs some tweaking, and actively playing the game.

Added a file that patches USP .45 by tooun

Really cool weapon mod that puts a knife in players off hand and this patching of this file allows IKAROS to actually see that knife in first person.

Example picture

enb2021_11_19_17_50_36.png

I know I said I would get some updates out for Wardrobe 6 and 7 but sorry did not get them done this week like I thought I would but here is something I did work on this week and have played with quite a lot its a very fun mod for pistol users.

I just added the race tags for all the Armor Addons.

• 2 weeks later...

hello just wanted to say thank you for the work you've done here, I'm also enjoying my playthrough using my Ikaros character which I didn't want to use before becase there weren't many compatible outfits, if you could somehow make tattoos work that would be insane, I'm also having an issue with the earrings that don't align well with the Ikaros ears

1 hour ago, underoath14 said:

hello just wanted to say thank you for the work you've done here, I'm also enjoying my playthrough using my Ikaros character which I didn't want to use before becase there weren't many compatible outfits, if you could somehow make tattoos work that would be insane, I'm also having an issue with the earrings that don't align well with the Ikaros ears

Hey Underoath14, glad your having fun with IKAROS.

Im still playing a lot when I have time, will likely play a few hours tonight too.

Been keeping notes on stuff to fix as I find them, not sure what to do about body tattoos might be people that know what to do over on IKAROS Discord cause I have seen some body tatts in the pictures over there.

Earrings well it might be that you need to change the ear morph type to make them fit right, not sure might have a look at it later, my companion is using them an I have not noticed a need to change them.  I think its Average Ear type that works best.

11 hours ago, LordDrakath15226 said:

How do i fix Heather's head? Also can i use this in a way that doesn't cause floating penises? 

Open console commands

Click on heather

Type

Showlooksmenu "heathers ID"

Then from here you should be in looksmenu able to change everything about heather, I suggest saving a preset for her.

No idea about floating penis, none of the work I have done in this relates to futa.  You might want to address that with Discord site, cause I have no idea...Most of the stuff here is just outfits.