Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

This is a really handy-dandy tool. Thanks for putting it together.

bild.png.7eece1e3f4d87c7163ff7e9bc857df80.png

However, it is now hankering to download all the mods I already have from scratch because the name the folder got when I manually downloaded it isn't the same as the name in your installer. I already have RJW Extention, but now this downloaded it again but the new mod file doesn't have the "-master" part.

Still, this is better. 10/10, would DL again.

1 hour ago, dovahnurse said:

This is a really handy-dandy tool. Thanks for putting it together.

bild.png.7eece1e3f4d87c7163ff7e9bc857df80.png

However, it is now hankering to download all the mods I already have from scratch because the name the folder got when I manually downloaded it isn't the same as the name in your installer. I already have RJW Extention, but now this downloaded it again but the new mod file doesn't have the "-master" part.

Still, this is better. 10/10, would DL again.

You might have to delete the existing version of the mod before you run all the installers. Or just rename the folder in the .bat file, but make sure those folders already have a git repo in them.

Edited by c0ffeeeee
1 hour ago, c0ffeeeee said:

make sure those folders already have a git repo in them.

Which file is that? The hidden .git folder? How do I make sure I have it? RJW just updated to 4.8.1.1, but the installer threw this message so I had to do it manually:

bild.png.83219abeaf7888bd3ab882a57bdef1fa.png

NEVERMIND: I just deleted the RJW mod again and ran the installer. Now it works.

Again. Thank you a lot for this. It's really helpful. :D

Edited by dovahnurse
5 minutes ago, dovahnurse said:

Which file is that? The hidden .git folder? How do I make sure I have it? RJW just updated to 4.8.1.1, but the installer threw this message so I had to do it manually:

bild.png.83219abeaf7888bd3ab882a57bdef1fa.png

NEVERMIND: I just deleted the RJW mod again and ran the installer. Now it works.

Again. Thank you a lot for this. It's really helpful. :D

Figured that would happen. v2 should reinstall your mod with git version control if you ask for it :)

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to Lazy RJW & RJW Submods Installer and Updater

Thank you for updating it again, and adding more mods for it to check for.

bild.png.45eab1e3f6e3850a22d457a8f105c39a.png

For other people using the tool it may throw you these messages for mods (and mod folders) you already have, but just say yes (well... y), and the next time you run it it'll be gravy.

Not seen any problems so far.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods
On 9/9/2021 at 5:17 AM, c0ffeeeee said:

So many mods! How to install them all quickly? How to make sure your mods are updated easily?

Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods

Following your example, I created a nodejs tool that does the same.

Install through:

npm i -g rjw-lazy-installer

You can then use it through:

$> rjw-lazy-installer help [--dir <mod dir>]

$> rjw-lazy-installer install [mod] [--dir <mod dir>]

$> rjw-lazy-installer check [--dir <mod dir>]

Of course, you don't need "--dir <mod dir>" if you run this from that directory.

Add issues you find here: https://github.com/WickedSik/rjw-lazy-installer

due to my lack of computer knowledge (and a keyboard that isn't actively screwing me over),

I have know clew how this works. I successfully downloaded the git thing-a-ma-jig downloaded this thing ran it and... nothing happened plz help I'll try my hardest to explain what I mean but I feel my soul slipping as I type

1 hour ago, Simplyoranges said:

due to my lack of computer knowledge (and a keyboard that isn't actively screwing me over),

I have know clew how this works. I successfully downloaded the git thing-a-ma-jig downloaded this thing ran it and... nothing happened plz help I'll try my hardest to explain what I mean but I feel my soul slipping as I type

Put the lazy updater in your Rimworld mod folder. Double-click it. Read what it the text says in the black window.

When you get a y/n prompt (yes or no) enter either a y for yes or a n for no and hit enter.

Edited by dovahnurse

Works, kept saying something about the mods being properly installed and allowing the app to do it or something, don't remember the exact wording, but I just let it do it's thing and it worked fine no issues.

Now if I could just get my game to load or work right. For some reason once in the game I can't interact with the UI. No I highly doubt it's anything to do with this app or the RJW mods but I can't for the life of me figure it out and my patience for disabling mods to see which one is causing the issues is currently at an all time low.

43 minutes ago, HurfDurr said:

I've made the same thing, but Bash for the three of us perverts who use Linux. This one includes Dyspareunia and RimVore-2.

RJW-and-submod-auto-updater.sh 2.22 kB · 0 downloads

Sweet! Actually, how is modded Rimworld on Linux? I'm interested in getting a Steam Deck which runs Arch, for some portable Rimworld goodness :)

Sorry for bad English.

Antivirus can cause some problems:

I use Comodo antivirus.
It put work procces "C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-v2.6.bat" into container.

First launch
uploading from git hab - normal.
In result: No folders of rjw mod in RimWorld\Mods

Second launch
git hab: there is nothig to update. What are you want?

Decision
I added "C0ffees-Lazy-Installer-Updater-v2.6.bat" to trusted files => it is Ok.

Launch as administrator did not help.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, c0ffeeeee said:

So many mods! How to install them all quickly? How to make sure your mods are updated easily?

Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods [for Windows]

On 9/29/2021 at 1:30 AM, kyrus666 said:

should put the list of mods on git, then have the bat git the list and read it in to do the downloads, that way it's pretty much self updating and can be easily modified...

UPDATE: 09/11/2022
Hello Everyone, Sorry I've been away for so long, I've finally updated my installer.

Added Install location detection so you can now run this file from anywhere on your machine.
Added "--depth 1" option to only grab the most recent files, makes downloading quicker and should hopefully lead to less conflict problems.
Combined both scripts into one, you have to edit a setting inside the script to change between offline and online repo mode, I will be adding a feature to make a config file that can be edited instead.
Lastly has anyone made a "Master" list of all the repo list on an online site like GitLab or Pastebin, if not then I'll make one, just need someone else to help look after it if I get busy again.

I did a thing, specifically I made one of these using Python, mainly because I was board.

There are 2 versions, an Offline one that reads from a text file (provided in zip, named Repos.txt)

And an Online one that can read from a webpage, MUST BE FROM A RAW PAGE

How to use:

1. Make sure you have Git installed https://git-scm.com/downloads
  2. Make sure you have the latest version of Python installed (3.9.7 as of writing) https://www.python.org/downloads/
  3. Place Techno665's Lazy Installer (Offline).py or Techno665's Lazy Installer (Online).py in /RimWorld/mods/ folder
  4. If using Offline version, make sure you also have a text file called Repos.txt in /RimWorld/mods/ folder or If using the Online version type "pip install requests"
  5. Type cmd into address bar and type name of file to run, typing Techno and pressing tab will auto complete; all outdated mods will update!
    If you want to double click to run the file you must right click on the file -> open with -> choose default program -> more options -> select python.exe

If you have any issues or find any bugs please tell me ASAP

NOTE: I was using Pastebin for testing the online version, however they have been unreliable in the past, so can someone please recommend something else, probably one of the different Git sites unless someone knows something better.

Techno665's Lazy Installer and Updater for RJW and Submods [Python 3, Windows].zip

Edited by Techno665
Updated File