Gossip | A fame framework

9 hours ago, Barka said:

I tested it on another PC with a slightly different mod assembly and here the book and rumors work fine.

Maybe a mod conflict with papyrus extender? The only thing that should be preventing the book from working is if it's flagged as read. It relies on the "OnBookRead" event, which only fires if a book is not read. So I reflag the book as not read after the menu closes.

7 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Maybe a mod conflict with papyrus extender? The only thing that should be preventing the book from working is if it's flagged as read. It relies on the "OnBookRead" event, which only fires if a book is not read. So I reflag the book as not read after the menu closes.

Perhaps. Sometimes in the book, in addition to the names of holdes, there are variables from other mods, which is very strange. So I think the problem is in my save - in the new game there is no such problem and the book does not even visually open in the background (in the old save, the interface and the book remain in the background). There are no other ways to view the reputation and will not be?

16 minutes ago, Barka said:

Perhaps. Sometimes in the book, in addition to the names of holdes, there are variables from other mods, which is very strange. So I think the problem is in my save - in the new game there is no such problem and the book does not even visually open in the background (in the old save, the interface and the book remain in the background). There are no other ways to view the reputation and will not be?

The issue with vars from other mods showing up is because I forgot to put a call to the clear function at the beginning. And the book now closes the menu(and the book) due to a limitation in uiextensions. I will be making the fames visible in the MCM ( I did not think it was possible to do with MCM Helper, but it is). I will be removing the book in a future update.

1 hour ago, SkyLover37 said:

The issue with vars from other mods showing up is because I forgot to put a call to the clear function at the beginning. And the book now closes the menu(and the book) due to a limitation in uiextensions. I will be making the fames visible in the MCM ( I did not think it was possible to do with MCM Helper, but it is). I will be removing the book in a future update.

Thanks. I wish other modders were using your mod

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Skylover,

Thank you very much for your amazing mod. Your mod is an essential with SL framework for me. 

I am playing lot with all immersion mod such as Wartime, Public whore and submissive Lola and so on..

Do you have future plan to include these mods for Gossip Framework. All immersion elements in these mod will be very much a part in your frame work.

I guess that all the Lovers lab public and users will have the same feeling as me to ask you this, I wish.?

22 hours ago, Tops34 said:

Is there a way to disable the annoying Fame gained comments without MCM? Because that's not showing up. I tried it with the ini's but the spamming is still there.

There is no alternative way to disable it... as that's what the MCM is for. Do you have MCM helper installed?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 8:09 AM, keymaster1965 said:

I was wondering what mods conflict with Gossip? mine was working fine and then I got this,, I noticed it wasnt working and this is what I found,

I realize this is insanely late (sorry D:), 1. Is gossip still outputting console logs, and 2. Are there fame events happening in the console. Cause there is a chance the MCM menu is just broken.

5 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

I realize this is insanely late (sorry D:), 1. Is gossip still outputting console logs, and 2. Are there fame events happening in the console. Cause there is a chance the MCM menu is just broken.

actually it was one of the mods I was using (cant remember which one) once I removed it my issue went away

Just a little update on progress.

I've separated the checks for the players current state of dress to it's own plugin to not have repeated functions in multiple of my mods. 

Am playing around with the idea of removing the periodic fame checks and replacing it with fame added via comment triggers.

Work on "scandals" is almost done, just testing them out. Scandals are the term I use for all the data collected during a period of time which starts when the player is seen and ends after 12 hours (configurable) of the player not being seen in the location the scandal started in. Instead of random bits of fame being removed for fame decay, after a set amount of time the scandal will be forgotten removing all fame gained during that scandal.

Gossip traders (when I get around to updating it to use the new functions) will carry scandals, instead of randomly selected fame.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, hope you'll pardon the indelicacy of question, but what exactly is the purpose of this mod when SLSF is around, and (from what I can tell) without any major issues? From what I can see, both are doing pretty much the same thing, aside from a few details, except SLSF has a larger playerbase since it has more plugins utilizing it. Are there any issues with SLSF that I'm not aware of? Do you plan to go further with this mod than SLSF did? If I'm a mod author, why should I use one instead of the other? What even is the meaning of life? Please, satisfy my curiosity! ?

46 minutes ago, Icarian Dreams said:

Hey, hope you'll pardon the indelicacy of question, but what exactly is the purpose of this mod when SLSF is around, and (from what I can tell) without any major issues? From what I can see, both are doing pretty much the same thing, aside from a few details, except SLSF has a larger playerbase since it has more plugins utilizing it. Are there any issues with SLSF that I'm not aware of? Do you plan to go further with this mod than SLSF did? If I'm a mod author, why should I use one instead of the other? What even is the meaning of life? Please, satisfy my curiosity! ?

The 1 and really only reason I started to make this is because SLSF does not have any permissions, so it defaults to not being able to be patched. 

But due to SE having PO3_SKSE extensions, it has other under the hood advantages. Like being able to get the parent of a cell so most sub locations can count for a region.

It is also 'cleaner' in some regards as I didn't bother copying features that a fame framework has no business handling. Child remover, NPC type randomizer, NPC reclother based the the type, Fame transfer between holds. 

Am working on using SPID to distribute spells or package(Seems it will be a spell, as packages are unreliable/slow) to replace the NPC scanner for fame gain(If you have periodic update enabled).

Clothing, cum, tattoos etc. are only updated when they need to be. Meaning that gossip is idle 90% of the time. The only thing gossip has to check frequently ish is for when fame scandals end and when a scandal decays. Right now it checks every 6 in-game hours.

When skyrim platform gets its next update I may migrate it over to that. I say may because gossip isn't that heavy IMO, so I don't think theres anything to gain by moving to platform.

As for why to use gossip or SLSF. I'm not trying to sell gossip. But any mods I make in the future that utilize fame will use gossip.

Edit, also, 42

Edited by SkyLover37
On 11/27/2021 at 6:43 PM, SkyLover37 said:

Make sure you add MCM helper.  Will keep adding gossip traders/trying to initialize without it.

1 hour ago, dervishxlvr said:

To the author of this plugin, thank you for your work you've put into this mod.

I have a question, if you don't mind. In GIP_PlayerTracker, why is the following added on an onkeydown event from the left shift key?

relay.sl.AddCum(Lib.PlayerRef, true, true, true)

Ha. my bad. that was there for testing. Ill remove it and upload fixed version.