Gossip | A fame framework

38 minutes ago, SkyLover37 said:

I'm so sorry that happened. :(. I made so many changes after that was added that I forgot about it.

Nah it's no big deal.

BTW I was curious about this: "

• Thanks to PO3, so long as a location has a fame region as a parent, fame from that location will be counted towards the parents fame region."

I took a look at the code I think does this:

Location function checkFameLocation(Location newLoc)
    if FormListFind(none, "GIP.FameLocations", newLoc) >= 0 ;If location is tracked
       return newLoc
    Elseif FormListFind(none, "GIP.FameLocations", PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetParentLocation(newLoc)) >= 0 ;See if parent location is a tracked location
        return PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetParentLocation(newLoc)
    else ;Set current location to None, and set the fmae page in MCM to 0
        return none
    endif
endfunction

I am curious why you use this PO3 function, instead of doing something like:

int i = 0
		Location trackedLoc
		while i < FameLocations.GetSize()
            trackedLoc = FameLocations.GetAt(i) as Location
            if newLoc.isChild(trackedLoc)
               return trackedLoc 
            endif
        	i += 1
        endWhile
        return None                                
endfunction

This way seems better since if there is a situation where you have three locations, Loc A (tracked) > Loc B (untracked) > Loc C (untracked), using the IsChild way will return Loc A while the PO3 method will return None. Plus you have to traverse the formlist only once so should be faster?

I'm not trying to critique the code, just want to understand if the PO3 functions are really fast or something

19 minutes ago, DayTri said:

Nah it's no big deal.

BTW I was curious about this: "

• Thanks to PO3, so long as a location has a fame region as a parent, fame from that location will be counted towards the parents fame region."

I took a look at the code I think does this:

if FormListFind(none, "GIP.FameLocations", newLoc) >= 0 ;If location is tracked
       return newLoc
    Elseif FormListFind(none, "GIP.FameLocations", PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetParentLocation(newLoc)) >= 0 ;See if parent location is a tracked location
        return PO3_SKSEFunctions.GetParentLocation(newLoc)
    else ;Set current location to None, and set the fmae page in MCM to 0
        return none
    endif
endfunction

I am curious why you use this PO3 function, instead of doing something like:

int i = 0
		Location trackedLoc
		while i < FameLocations.GetSize()
            trackedLoc = FameLocations.GetAt(i) as Location
            if newLoc.isChild(trackedLoc)
               return trackedLoc 
            endif
        	i += 1
        endWhile
        return None                                
endfunction

This way seems better since if there is a situation where you have three locations, Loc A (tracked) > Loc B (untracked) > Loc C (untracked), using the IsChild way will return Loc A while the PO3 method will return None. Plus you have to traverse the formlist only once so should be faster?

I'm not trying to critique the code, just want to understand if the PO3 functions are really fast or something

I feel it would need to be tested further to honestly see if it's faster. But it depends mostly on how fast the formlistfind is, as native code loops are faster than papyrus loops.  Although, this conversation right now is more or less moot as I am translating the code over to skyrim platform anyway, So using your method is easier to read, and I think faster in SP. ?

11 hours ago, benno770 said:

The link is greyed out, I’ve also looked online for it but can’t see any mention of it.

The link is greyed out because State of Dress is in the download section with Gossip as State of Dress is not ready for it's own release yet.

12 minutes ago, SkyLover37 said:

The link is greyed out because State of Dress is in the download section with Gossip as State of Dress is not ready for it's own release yet.

Thank you I see it now, didn’t seem to be there when I looked previously 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, theanarchistotaku said:

my character wont change gear

i checked the second it says "i cant undress here"

and the console seems to indicate its state of dress thats doing this anyway too change that so i can actually wear my mage armor 

It's not state of dress. State of dress just updates factions based on armor. I would google the message.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be a wild edit(?) at 010030A6 (State of Dress.esp > Keyword > SL37_Facehidden in SSEEdit) that's blank, and overwrites some dialouge option for horse armour. Is there any particular reason for this?

image.png.8d5fbf0c171a01e64dd99c1379501902.png

Asking, as DynDOLOD 3 will complain about these kinds of errors.

14 hours ago, VeraDra said:

There seems to be a wild edit(?) at 010030A6 (State of Dress.esp > Keyword > SL37_Facehidden in SSEEdit) that's blank, and overwrites some dialouge option for horse armour. Is there any particular reason for this?

image.png.8d5fbf0c171a01e64dd99c1379501902.png

Asking, as DynDOLOD 3 will complain about these kinds of errors.

There was a reason for it, and I am assuming that AE has new forms in the update ESM which broke the method used for the face hidden keyword. Will be fixed next update. Thanks for pointing it out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I got a few questions about this mod:
is this a replacement for SLSF or an extension (of sorts)
are they compatible (gossip and SLSF)?

The reason why I'm asking is because there are a few mods that require SLSF, would those need to be patched or would tehy work out of teh box with gossip as well?
Or could I simply use both and dependant mods would use whichever they want?

13 hours ago, myrrdhin said:

Hi,

I got a few questions about this mod:
is this a replacement for SLSF or an extension (of sorts)
are they compatible (gossip and SLSF)?

The reason why I'm asking is because there are a few mods that require SLSF, would those need to be patched or would tehy work out of teh box with gossip as well?
Or could I simply use both and dependant mods would use whichever they want?

Neither. I am assuming you are replacement in the context of like sexlab arousal where you can have any of the different variants and have it work. Sadly SLSF is closed permissions so I can't make a drop in replacement. So mods will need to be patched. Both SLSF and gossip can be installed together, they don't overlap. I would not use the current version though, as it requires Platform, and platform has many unresolved bugs. Not to even mention that (as far as I know) nothing was patched for gossip anyway. 

At least on the ESP side of things, I can make an xEdit script that replaces SLSF required conditions with Gossip equivalent so mods like SLSF comments could be patched easily(at least on the ESP side of things)

Edit: Changed "Closed Source" to "Closed permissions"

Edited by SkyLover37
  • 3 weeks later...