Gossip | A fame framework

5 minutes ago, SkyLover37 said:

It is a difficult task to figure out how to handle fame. Genuinely the reason I separated the events from the handler XD. At the moment, fame for everything is just straight up 1:1 for most things. Naked? 1 exhib, Erotic? Square root of the value(Erotic can be triple digits, which caused exhib to raise WAY faster than now. If you can believe it). 

What causes fame to raise so fast is that every change to equipment, and every sex scene start resets the cooldown for the sight trigger. I will not change this (so long as I can keep the papyrus stress to a minimum), so I need to think of some way to make a sort of threshold. Either in gossip itself, or in events.

As for the issue with the cuffs, I'll see if trying to contextualize it's gain makes it feel better. Something like player needs x bondage equipped for erotic gain. 

A minimum threshold could work, or you could go the opposite direction and gain the square of the sum of all the bondage sources.

ie collar = 1, cuffs = 1, cuffs + collar = 4

Feel this makes sense as each additional piece of equipment makes all the others more noticeable + less deniable. Maybe the cuffs just look like bracelets to most people so fame gain is small, but with the context of other stuff the cuffs themselves contribute more

20 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

It's really nice seeing that a fame system is being worked on since slsf was abandoned

I have a few questions though:

1 - Can I install this mod on a save that already has SLSF installed?
2 - Does this mod copy the stats that have already been set by SLSF?
3 - Can we cheat the fame stats?
4 - SLSF had a big problem with the exhibitionist fame stat as it would skyrocket with tattoos, is this problem fixed here?
5 - Is it possible for the player to configure how much the fame decays, how much it increases and how often?
6 - Any plans on increasing the "amount of gossip" based on the Dragonborn titles? Like, people wouldn't gossip much about a nobody being a slut, but the Harbinger? the Dragonborn? the Archmage?

1. Yes, they do not conflict

2. No, but this is not a bad idea.

3. Theres debug options to set/reset fame

4. Not right now. I am looking into making it feel better though.

5. a. Not yet, the decay is very rigid ATM. It's more of a placeholder until I get other things fleshed out.

5. b. For the increase, no, and at least right now. I am theorizing a new way to gain the fame, so maybe with that.

6. This is a good idea, it is mine now.

24 minutes ago, Fulanoo said:

Being able to use baka keywords for specific gains, and/or being able to set the amount on individual items would be really amazing
Can you set the specific gain from each tattoo on this mod?

Not ATM, with the original idea it was unnecessary, as I thought 1:1 gain would be fine. It is clearly not, XD. So the next iteration of fame gain will.

12 minutes ago, DayTri said:

A minimum threshold could work, or you could go the opposite direction and gain the square of the sum of all the bondage sources.

ie collar = 1, cuffs = 1, cuffs + collar = 4

Feel this makes sense as each additional piece of equipment makes all the others more noticeable + less deniable. Maybe the cuffs just look like bracelets to most people so fame gain is small, but with the context of other stuff the cuffs themselves contribute more

This would work. Good idea, +1

3 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

1. Yes, they do not conflict

2. No, but this is not a bad idea.

3. Theres debug options to set/reset fame

4. Not right now. I am looking into making it feel better though.

5. a. Not yet, the decay is very rigid ATM. It's more of a placeholder until I get other things fleshed out.

5. b. For the increase, no, and at least right now. I am theorizing a new way to gain the fame, so maybe with that.

6. This is a good idea, it is mine now.

Not ATM, with the original idea it was unnecessary, as I thought 1:1 gain would be fine. It is clearly not, XD. So the next iteration of fame gain will.

Thanks for answering all my questions, this is really good stuff, I'll definitely be installing Gossip when I'm back home.

I'm currently experiencing a strange combination of issues:

1. The "Allow anonymity" toggle doesn't seem to work, the facehidden keyword will still prevent fame gain regardless of if it's toggled or not

2. Through some dark magic, every piece of equipment in the game seems to have the _SoD_Facehidden keyword. Helmets, circlets, cuirasses, even weird invisible things like the SoS pubic hair recolor helper. Either of these problems on their own wouldn't be too bad, but together they effectively completely disable fame gain...

Edit: The dark magic turned out to be an improperly created KID.ini file, I think I pushed that button by accident at some point.

Edited by Aldid
32 minutes ago, Aldid said:

I'm currently experiencing a strange combination of issues:

1. The "Allow anonymity" toggle doesn't seem to work, the facehidden keyword will still prevent fame gain regardless of if it's toggled or not

2. Through some dark magic, every piece of equipment in the game seems to have the _SoD_Facehidden keyword. Helmets, circlets, cuirasses, even weird invisible things like the SoS pubic hair recolor helper. Either of these problems on their own wouldn't be too bad, but together they effectively completely disable fame gain...

Did you generate a KID file from SoD? If so, can you post its contents, then delete it. This won't remove the keywords, but it will stop the keywords from invading every item. I'll look at the KID generation code, it shouldn't be doing that.

1 hour ago, SkyLover37 said:

Did you generate a KID file from SoD? If so, can you post its contents, then delete it. This won't remove the keywords, but it will stop the keywords from invading every item. I'll look at the KID generation code, it shouldn't be doing that.

I did! Purely by accident. I saved the file:

StateofDress_KID.ini

Hey, I'm sorry if I'm being a total noob here. I just wanted to know if this mod is a SLSF replacement mod or I can use it alongside SLSF? if not, then does it add to Public Whore Fame calculations?

Edited by Kruggar
50 minutes ago, Kruggar said:

Hey, I'm sorry if I'm being a total noob here. I just wanted to know if this mod is a SLSF replacement mod or I can use it alongside SLSF? if not, then does it add to Public Whore Fame calculations?

Not replacement, they dont conflict. Any mod using SLSF would need a patch to work with gossip

Hmm, after the most recent update to Gossip, Gossip Events started trying to store fame in SolitudeSawmill, regardless of current location:enb2023_5_17_23_45_12.thumb.png.de734eb8b5f8aed9a095e1f0d1b48c5c.png

This may be an issue that gets resolved by making a fresh save, but I haven't tested yet

43 minutes ago, Aldid said:

Hmm, after the most recent update to Gossip, Gossip Events started trying to store fame in SolitudeSawmill, regardless of current location:enb2023_5_17_23_45_12.thumb.png.de734eb8b5f8aed9a095e1f0d1b48c5c.png

This may be an issue that gets resolved by making a fresh save, but I haven't tested yet

Nah, I fucked up. Uploaded fix.

Sorry bout the upload spam. I tested the new tracked location system by seeing if it found the correct fame region, which it did. Because I had the new locations getting stored in fame and didn't catch it as I never checked for fame gain since I didnt touch that. My bad.

One issue: currently the mod will occasionally get stuck in a a state where every attempt to gain fame fails with "Gossip events: Event sender switched to waiting" printed to the log. Making a new save usually fixes it, but is there any way to kick it into working again without going that far?

21 hours ago, Aldid said:

One issue: currently the mod will occasionally get stuck in a a state where every attempt to gain fame fails with "Gossip events: Event sender switched to waiting" printed to the log. Making a new save usually fixes it, but is there any way to kick it into working again without going that far?

Sorry to ask this of you, but could you enable detailed logging on a save where its not working and try to gain some fame then post the log, so I can try and pinpoint where it may be failing?

21 hours ago, Aldid said:

Try this one, I saw a few things that may be causing it. That message just means that it found no fame that needed to be sent, which sets it to an empty state to ignore fame calls and prevent unnecessary  stress to VM.

Gossip Events - 0.85A.zip

I really can´t make the mod to work:

Installed it, at first it says something like "I hear whispers about me", but then nothing, it doesn´t update anything. Everything stays at 0, console says there is an error with the file that vortex adds to SoD folder, and when the mod tries to check things it says gossip events: equip state is busy I don't know if that means something.

Resaver says that between gossip and gossip events they made like 500 suspended stacks and 2200 frames, I don't know how to fix the mod on my own, even tried to unisntall it but it corrupts my savegame

15 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Try this one, I saw a few things that may be causing it. That message just means that it found no fame that needed to be sent, which sets it to an empty state to ignore fame calls and prevent unnecessary  stress to VM.

Gossip Events - 0.85A.zip 31.86 kB · 5 downloads

Alright, this ended up being a strange, but luckily quite minor issue. Somehow, the MCM option for enabling/disabling gossip got inverted, so setting it to "inactive" means it's turned on, and "active" meant it was turned off.

I'm not sure whether the new Events update actually fixed the issue, but the different error message did make it a lot easier to realize the problem!

11 hours ago, R4ThM0R3 said:

I really can´t make the mod to work:

Installed it, at first it says something like "I hear whispers about me", but then nothing, it doesn´t update anything. Everything stays at 0, console says there is an error with the file that vortex adds to SoD folder, and when the mod tries to check things it says gossip events: equip state is busy I don't know if that means something.

Resaver says that between gossip and gossip events they made like 500 suspended stacks and 2200 frames, I don't know how to fix the mod on my own, even tried to unisntall it but it corrupts my savegame

Hmmm, second time I am seeing that Gossip is causing stack dumps. How many NPCs would you say are in areas you visit? Also, are you using Papyrus tweaks to make papyrus not terrible?

11 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Hmmm, second time I am seeing that Gossip is causing stack dumps. How many NPCs would you say are in areas you visit? Also, are you using Papyrus tweaks to make papyrus not terrible?

There are a lot from Populated Series Complete Edition, yes I do have Papyrus Tweaks.

I don't think I would be able to give more information I destroyed that savegame