Gossip | A fame framework

Gossip | A fame framework

View File

A new game should no longer be required

Files:

Gossip - Main file

For Gossip versions < 2:

Gossip Events - Sends fame events based on sight and sex

SLSFtoGossip - Unstable, not recommended for use other than as a reference... an xEdit script to convert mods that have SLSF conditions to Gossip - instructions to use here. Sources for MXPF and mteFunctions

What is this?

This is a free permissions fame framework, made for SE. The deisgn premise was meant to be lightweight and not overextend what it is meant to be; A central storage of fame.My ideals have eroded, call me long arms McGee cause I'm bout overextend the fuck outta this.

The mod <-- This was goof on my end, I published without finishing it, but I think its funny how its almost a statement. Like "THE MOD OF ALL TIME" so I keep it

Requirements:

Supported Mods:

What's in it?

Fame Types:

• Fame types are the same as SLSF.
  • The fame of the players current fame region are in Globals. 

Spoiler

0.Anal
    1.Argonian
    2.Beastiality
    3.Dominant
    4.Exhibitionist
    5.Corrupted
    6.Group
    7.Khajiit
    8.LikeMan
    9.LikeWoman
    10.Masochist
    11.Nasty
    12.Oral
    13.Orc
    14.Pregnant
    15.Sadistic
    16.DrugAbuse
    17.Slut
    18.Submissive
    19.Whore

Interest

• Every point of fame gained adds to the towns interest.
  • Interest is used to calculate the chance for comments and the chance for fame decay.
  • Interest decays every day at 8 A.M so long as the player has not been in that region for 24 hours.
  • Interest decays at a random rate between 1 and the number of days since you have been to that region.

Decay

• Currently, if a region succeeds its chance for decay, all fame decays by 1. This may/may not change based on more extensive testing.

Gossip events:

• Fame will be gained from sex events.
  • Fame will be gained from sight(currently not togglable).

The future:

Scandals: Will work essentially the same as the original jContainers implementation of Gossip, just not a pain in the ass to write more complex code for.

Better Gossip to fame ratios that take interest/tolerance into account

Better documentation

Better fame decay

Gossip/Fame transfer between regions

Better comment calculation

Reimplement getting fame by index, I really just don't wanna rewrite most of the getters :(

For Modders: 

Spoiler

For comments, add this to the conditions: 

GetGlobalValue -> _GIP_Comment_allowComment == 1

If you plan to add a lot of fame to a region, it recommended to use set/modGossipValue to help prevent fame gain in a region rising too fast.

SKSE Source

Permissions:

-Open

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/29/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Look in post
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Guest AthenaESIV

Wow awesome! Congrats on releasing this SkyLover!

This mod's spirit animal:

Spoiler

Edited by AthenaESIV

Hello, it's great that someone done similar mod to SLSF. Do you plan to expand for more fame types?. It would be awesome if there can be more fame type like criminal fame , suspicious behaviour fame, adventurer or mercenary fame. Also it would be great if there would be more instruction how to use this in other mods without hard dependency.

Do you plan to add more supported mods like DD, Zaz?

1 hour ago, Koozie said:

Hello, it's great that someone done similar mod to SLSF. Do you plan to expand for more fame types?. It would be awesome if there can be more fame type like criminal fame , suspicious behaviour fame, adventurer or mercenary fame. Also it would be great if there would be more instruction how to use this in other mods without hard dependency.

Do you plan to add more supported mods like DD, Zaz?

I do not plan to add more, but the functions are designed to allow for more fames to be tracked, up to the fameList max. So other mods can easily add new fame.

I also have no plans for built in support for DD, Zaz. However I will be rewriting the equip checker at some point to allow for easy addons, so other mods can add support without having to make a patch for the main scripts.

13 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

I do not plan to add more, but the functions are designed to allow for more fames to be tracked, up to the fameList max. So other mods can easily add new fame.

I also have no plans for built in support for DD, Zaz. However I will be rewriting the equip checker at some point to allow for easy addons, so other mods can add support without having to make a patch for the main scripts.

^^^ Currently will NOT be making that way to add keywords/magiceffects to be handled by gossip. For now, as a replacement, I have added a modevent to send, with the number of actors in the event, after the completion of gossips own function. So other mods can add to it in their own.

I can't seem to get the MCM menu or book to work. I can see all the debug settings (both for Gossip and Gossip Traders), but not change any of them, and I can't see any of the normal settings. I checked the settings.ini file, and it was empty.

Guest AthenaESIV
8 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Could you.. possibly... use smaller gifs? takes up the whole screen. XD

Lol I don't know how. We should bring in all the admins and moderators to have a sidebar on this problem. We'll call it, "The Sheldon Cooper Gif Conundrum".

Update: I did wrap it in spoiler tags for you, I do what I can.

Edited by AthenaESIV
5 hours ago, Aldid said:

I can't seem to get the MCM menu or book to work. I can see all the debug settings (both for Gossip and Gossip Traders), but not change any of them, and I can't see any of the normal settings. I checked the settings.ini file, and it was empty.

Probably isn't an issue with gossip, but possibly some of the requirements scripts were overwritten?

4 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Probably isn't an issue with gossip, but possibly some of the requirements scripts were overwritten?

After extensive testing, it seems to work if I disable the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch for AFT. After that I can see all settings, and alter the ones in Gossip, although the settings in Gossip Trader still cannot be changed.

Odd...

1 hour ago, Aldid said:

After extensive testing, it seems to work if I disable the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul patch for AFT. After that I can see all settings, and alter the ones in Gossip, although the settings in Gossip Trader still cannot be changed.

Odd...

Ha. Whoops. The form ids of the quests changed when I made gossiptraders an esl, which broke the config. Fixing now.

9 minutes ago, Fumeknight79 said:

So, maybe I just have a severe case of chronic dumbass, but I'm reading the description and I can't for the life of me tell why fame actually matters. Is there any downsides that come with having a high fame of any category? Any positives?

It's a framework. So there is no build in negatives or positives.

As soon as I installed, I see some conflict as followings\;

1 papyrus warning that previous po3_PapyrusExtender64.dll must be deleted due to dependent Papyrus Extender SSE - 4.5.1 's new po3_PapyrusExtender.dll file.

2. My Character start to look always sideways 90 degrees, not straight ahead. After I delete Papyrus Extender SSE, she looks straight.

3. Then Gossip does not show MCM menu without Papyrus Extender SSE.

Can you fix this PC looking direction issue? Why does PC always look sideways???????

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

As soon as I installed, I see some conflict as followings\;

1 papyrus warning that previous po3_PapyrusExtender64.dll must be deleted due to dependent Papyrus Extender SSE - 4.5.1 's new po3_PapyrusExtender.dll file.

2. My Character start to look always sideways 90 degrees, not straight ahead. After I delete Papyrus Extender SSE, she looks straight.

3. Then Gossip does not show MCM menu without Papyrus Extender SSE.

Can you fix this PC looking direction issue? Why does PC always look sideways???????

And you have the newest papyrus extender? Gossip needs papyrus extender. and I don't know why the character would be looking 90 degrees.

And by papyrus warning do you mean in the .log or a message in game?

Edited by SkyLover37

Hello

if I'm correct I can add fame faction using this function
Function AddFameForTracking(Faction Fame)
    FormListAdd(none, "GIP.FameFactions", Fame)
endfunction

After this, fame with this faction would dicrease by your mod and I need only to mod this value from my mod to change it? Also i see your function to mod fame depence on intfame like this 

int Function ModFameInCurLocation(int fame, int Amt) Global
    SendFameEvent("Gossip_ModFameCurLocation", Fame, Amt)
endfunction

it's possible to get in easy way on what intfame my mod fame was added? Or i need to use 

form[] Function GetFameFactions() Global
    return StorageUtil.FormListToArray(none, "GIP.FameFactions")
endfunction

and compare this with form of my fame and get array place of it?