Gossip | A fame framework

• 2 months later...

So, I disabled/removed SLSF from my mod list after successfully converting SLSFComments with the provided SLSFtoGossip script (assuming SLSF is no longer really required with Gossip taking over).

However, SLSFComments seems to be applying the NPCRoletype AutoEquip function from SLSF (found in the MCM) as if the mod were still active, even though I have started a new game for testing. Normally, I disable that function, as I find it annoying that every female non-combatant ends up in excessive amounts of bondage gear.

Was I wrong to disable SLSF? Or is this just some lingering carry-over from SLSF?

8 hours ago, Caco Demon said:

So, I disabled/removed SLSF from my mod list after successfully converting SLSFComments with the provided SLSFtoGossip script (assuming SLSF is no longer really required with Gossip taking over).

However, SLSFComments seems to be applying the NPCRoletype AutoEquip function from SLSF (found in the MCM) as if the mod were still active, even though I have started a new game for testing. Normally, I disable that function, as I find it annoying that every female non-combatant ends up in excessive amounts of bondage gear.

Was I wrong to disable SLSF? Or is this just some lingering carry-over from SLSF?

The current version SLSFComments uses features from SLSF  that Gossip does not have a replacement of in it's current iteration, and therefore cant replace. I do not know whether or not this will cause serious issues if SLSF is fully removed.

11 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

The current version SLSFComments uses features from SLSF  that Gossip does not have a replacement of in it's current iteration, and therefore cant replace. I do not know whether or not this will cause serious issues if SLSF is fully removed.

Thanks for clearing that up!

34 minutes ago, Caco Demon said:

Looks like a new version of SLSF Comments just dropped:

Will the SLSFtoGossip script need to be updated before we can run it on this version?

For any comments only referencing fame variables, it will work. But any SLSF conditions that reference values gossip doesnt have a parity of wont be changed/removed. 

Edit: 

Clarification.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 6:15 PM, SkyLover37 said:

Extract the SLSFtoGossip zip to {xEdit install Location}\edit scripts

Download and install SLSFComments and its dependencies

Run xEdit and select Gossip, State of Dress, and SLSFComments. The dependencies will automatically load.

Run the SLSFtoGossip from anywhere, it's hardcoded for SLSFComments ATM.

After it's run, SLSFComments should not longer have dependencies to SLSF and SLSF can now be disabled.

The script changes conditions in SLSFComments, instead of making a new ESP.

Hi. Could you please be more specific ? 

> Run the SLSFtoGossip from anywhere, it's hardcoded for SLSFComments ATM.

The script asks to create a new ESP. Then it creates an empty ESP with no records. Original SLSFComments still references SLSF (SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm)

On 12/4/2023 at 11:46 AM, Earen said:

Hi. Could you please be more specific ? 

> Run the SLSFtoGossip from anywhere, it's hardcoded for SLSFComments ATM.

The script asks to create a new ESP. Then it creates an empty ESP with no records. Original SLSFComments still references SLSF (SexLab - Sexual Fame [SLSF].esm)

At this point I'd have to rewrite the script to work with current versions of SLSFComments.

So I just wouldn't use it right now, I put a disclaimer in post now. I am going to look into making a synthesis patch for it before rewriting it for xEdit.

Sorry :(.

Hmm, just getting a new mod list together, and the "show fame" key doesn't seem to work. Pressing it does freeze the game as if a menu had been opened, but no menu can be seen. Pressing escape lets you move again, but I have been unable to actually see the menu...

1 hour ago, Aldid said:

Hmm, just getting a new mod list together, and the "show fame" key doesn't seem to work. Pressing it does freeze the game as if a menu had been opened, but no menu can be seen. Pressing escape lets you move again, but I have been unable to actually see the menu...

Should be fixed now.

20 hours ago, SkyLover37 said:

Should be fixed now.

Thank you! The menu appears now, although all the values seem to just be 1? I can see it increasing and the global value does change like it should over time and as you travel to different regions, it's just not changing in that menu

4 hours ago, Aldid said:

Thank you! The menu appears now, although all the values seem to just be 1? I can see it increasing and the global value does change like it should over time and as you travel to different regions, it's just not changing in that menu

My bad, I had an erroneous edit I forgot to revert. Uploaded fixed version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...