On 8/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, Flegmenth said:

one problem I met was at the last animation of the line, lever turned down but prisoner was still in struggling, not dead and out of control.

did I miss something?

Same as above, try using a new save, I´m not quite sure yet what causes this issue.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, staspidaras2 said:

I just tested it. Several different attempts:

very much obliged.

- "Early release", if during the last scene turn the camera in the opposite direction, then the character will also turn and the guard will not be able to throw it (it will "fall" to the floor next to him and the scene will be bugged).

Are you absolute sure there is a correlation to the camera angle? Or do you have something installed that messes with physics?

Also, when you press the movement keys during the first-person view, the character can exit (!) from the loop, as from any ZAZ furniture.

- "Early release", if you choose to escape and fail in conjunction with the "Defeat" mod, the hanging scenario will begin, but the player's character will not be subject to the scripted route of movement, but will be under my control. The hanging scene will play, but with an empty gallows, since the script to put my character in the loop did not work. If at the same time there was a follower with me, he will be hanged.

Those errors are oversight from me, will fix it immediatly.

"Hanging" - I don't know why the forced change of the camera angle to the first-person view was added during the execution, it looks completely unnecessary, and besides, very often the scene bugging (the character does not hang on a rope, but falls to the ground, but the guards say that I died)

Refer to post  #25.

Im not actually forcing first person, it just appears that way if you use a large character. try changing the viewing angle or just go tfc.

Guest AthenaESIV
12 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

I had this report earlier, but i cannot reproduce it. The Ankle cuffs in use there are unaltered Zap items, So suspect this is related to having a faulty version of zap installed?

Try to get the things via console (zbfAnkleIronHDT, or something along those lines) and see if the problem persists.

I know that some mods fuck up certain zap items (DD for example).

Was it next to one of those fire-thingies?

Ahh ya... I do have lanterns of skyrim installed, maybe it is messing up navmesh, I will investigate that. And not sur on the ZAP thing, I know Baka mods alter a couple ZAP assets, I will look into that as well.

Will def give the mod a try again sometime when I am testing new saves.

Once MCM Helper takes off (pleeeeease take off, lol)... I won't mind starting new saves as much because I won't have to waste 1-2 hours setting up MCMs, lol.

6 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Are you absolute sure there is a correlation to the camera angle? Or do you have something installed that messes with physics?

I twice (already three times, did it again just to be completely sure) got this glitch if I rotated or set the camera in advance directed at the face during the "setting" of my character on her knees before throwing it off. if the camera is behind the back or in the first person, there are no problems.

Edited by staspidaras2

Do not consider it a criticism, I like your work, it’s just not clear why make two different mods? Isn't it possible to combine Prison Alternative and Bad Ends Revived: Windhelm. Well, maybe someone doesn't like executions. Alternatively, Prison Alternative could be made in two versions - with and without executions. I'm just a supporter of reducing the number of Esp files in the launcher)

14 hours ago, staspidaras2 said:

I twice (already three times, did it again just to be completely sure) got this glitch if I rotated or set the camera in advance directed at the face during the "setting" of my character on her knees before throwing it off. if the camera is behind the back or in the first person, there are no problems.

Interesting... I have to look into that.

Thanks again for investing the time.

10 hours ago, Alex26 said:

Do not consider it a criticism, I like your work, it’s just not clear why make two different mods? Isn't it possible to combine Prison Alternative and Bad Ends Revived: Windhelm. Well, maybe someone doesn't like executions. Alternatively, Prison Alternative could be made in two versions - with and without executions. I'm just a supporter of reducing the number of Esp files in the launcher)

Compatibility Reasons.

There will be more extensions like this. And every single one of them will likely have some unique incompatibilities. (namely city overhauls)

Assume you have this one whiterun overhaul you just cant live without. With the current structure, you can just leave out the execution events for whiterun, while still using everything else from PA. If pack everything together, PA will eventually become incompatible with way to much other well liked mods.

If esp slots are a concern, there's always Wrye Bash.

SSE users will have noticed that the Ankle chains have missing textures and broken physics. I did some digging and it seems the Muppet who uploaded the SSE versions of Zap just copied over stuff from DCL and didn't bother to adjust the Havoc and Texture paths.

Made a small hotfix for that, just install it as a regular mod and let it overwrite corresponding Zap files. (or just replace the Zap files directly:

SSE_ZapAnkleChainFix.zip

20210902213618_1.jpg.bda7d432b3f030ed128ab780c4cb5290.jpg

Again, this is only for Special Edition users! DONT use it if you are on LE!

I love the guard dialogue, but I'm getting the last part cut short after the drop where the guard give the line about being disappointed.  The game flashes it for a second and then goes to the death camera.  I can see if if I have TFC on just afterwards.  Not sure if this is a bug. This is fantastic work! Any plans of updating it so that there is a little more dance? Something similar to Ichabod's bad end scenario?

Edited by Subcriberson
On 9/7/2021 at 8:23 PM, Subcriberson said:

I love the guard dialogue, but I'm getting the last part cut short after the drop where the guard give the line about being disappointed.  The game flashes it for a second and then goes to the death camera.

Subtitles aren't displayed if you are dead or paralyzed. that's a game thing i have no influence over.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:23 PM, Subcriberson said:

Any plans of updating it so that there is a little more dance?

I mentioned this somewhere else, but animation and rag-dolling in hangings just don't work together. I´ll likely use different(looking) methods in one of the other holds.

Speaking of ragdolling in hangings, I don't suppose there could be a little more length in the rope? It works fine as it is, but I'm kinda fond of having a little more drop to get a bit of momentum going, if it's feasible to implement. If not, no problem.

(That, or maybe a 'breeze' event to get some swaying going. *shrugs* Just spitballing without knowing how hard it is to script in.)

On 9/9/2021 at 11:08 PM, LD5 said:

Speaking of ragdolling in hangings, I don't suppose there could be a little more length in the rope? It works fine as it is, but I'm kinda fond of having a little more drop to get a bit of momentum going, if it's feasible to implement. If not, no problem.

(That, or maybe a 'breeze' event to get some swaying going. *shrugs* Just spitballing without knowing how hard it is to script in.)

Tried that, but the Rope behaves more like a bungie-rope than a regular one. pair this with the slightly unpredictable havoc engine, and you´ll get some involuntarily funny scenes.

I´m plannig on some variations with hangings in the other holds, but the Windhelm one will stay as it is for the foreseeable future. Getting more event coverage across skyrim is more important.

So I did put this in my game a while ago and I've been running with no issues, hell, I've tested it a few time because that's what it's for right, but I did find what might be an issue. Checking my save with fallrimtools I see 6 instances of PaExWind_Gallowscript in the active scripts, and while that hasn't lead to stack dumps or any other weirdness, it does seem like maybe it isn't a great idea to have such an active script. I mean compared to the sometimes 15+ critterspawn active scripts it doesn't seem like much, but the critterspawn scripts generally do come to an end and don't trigger indoors for the most part.

Mostly concerned about it because this is happening nowhere near windhelm and all 6 just seem to be persistent everywhere. If you add more stuff to the other cities and they likewise have a bunch of persistent scripts it may become a bigger issue.