Odessa, you can print those out in the console if you want them to always be available without people having to look up the mod index.

int iTmp
set iTmp to GetModIndex "Sexout-Wear-And-Tear.esp"
PrintC "WearAndTear: SomeQuest is %x20088FB" iTmp
Sexout does this in it's own startup script to print the IDs of the main quests and spells.

Sorry, that was wrong memory code I mentioned before (was for script not quest), please try:

GetQuestRunning XX008BFB

---

With post-sex messages enabled in MCM there should be one in the corner after a sexout sex animation finishes and you will often get status effects visible in pip-boy after sex .

Do other sexout mods work for you, and could you post your load order?

Script: Script 'sysWindowCompileAndRun' line 1.

Item '0F008BFB' not found for parameter quest.

Compiled Script not saved.

post-2806-0-14333000-1381008758_thumb.png

@Knight

To check everything is set up right:

1) You are playing as a female character?

2) Your other sexout mods work correctly- sex animations play fine?

3) You are using the latest patch of the game? (older versions will not work. I think by default STEAM patches automatically, if you're using it)

Also, what localization of NV are you using? (English, French, Russian, German, etc)

-----

I have attached a debug build of the mod, which adds some console print.

If you try this version, check the console on first the loading the game, see what it says, then have sex and check console again after the animation has finished. Let me know what it says

[ Outdated attachement removed ]

@Knight

To check everything is set up right:

1) You are playing as a female character?

2) Your other sexout mods work correctly- sex animations play fine?

3) You are using the latest patch of the game? (older versions will not work. I think by default STEAM patches automatically, if you're using it)

Also, what localization of NV are you using? (English, French, Russian, German, etc)

-----

I have attached a debug build of the mod, which adds some console print.

If you try this version, check the console on first the loading the game, see what it says, then have sex and check console again after the animation has finished. Let me know what it says

1. Yes.

2. All others play well

3. Yes.

English.

I think maybe the problem is due to the project Nevada mod which rebalances the game (e.g. adjust HP, AT and etc.)

• 1 month later...

Uploaded a new version to OP (v2.6)

Fixed the MCM options not working bug when loading two savegames with different load orders (this also affected Another-Kick-in-the-Head, which will be fixed next update there)

I capped wear reduction from thresholds to 75% (as DT is in vanilla game) because I found that after playing for a while and getting the upgrades fitted your orifices became fairly invulnerable.

Balanced oral wear with NV 'hardcore mode' disabled- previously it treated this as equivalent to 0% dehydration all the time, now it is equivalent to 15%.

Plus a few other minor tweaks.

• 3 months later...

Uploaded V3.0 to the OP. This version now includes a complex, balanced and varied STD system. Its awesome. The system heavily expands on Halstrom's plugin

There are 6 diseases that can affect and progress for all actors. Each has a unique set of symptoms, progression and treatments. You can talk to any wasteland doctor for advice, but some know more than others, or you can read the information leaflets provided with any Vault-Tec remedies.

It now requires SCR (again), and also uses NVSE v4.2, so you need to upgrade to that if you haven't done already.

Of modding interest:

The system does not use any tokens, instead it keeps track of NPC STD states via NX vars. The sexout scanner is used to cast an effect spell to update NPC statuses based on the time of the last update, stored also as an NX. For the player, quests are used instead of spells, and it is more complex.

STDs are randomly assigned to NPC the first time they are encountered, and there is a small chance they can catch more every 50 days.

NPCs are blocked from ever having a disease via checking the SCR form list: SexoutSLActorDataCannotGetDisease

Currently there is no way of preventing an infectable NPC from starting with one. I could easily do it by adding a check for an NX anyone could set though. Who are you thinking of?

@CK: Thanks ;)

Uploaded V3.0 to the OP. This version now includes a complex, balanced and varied STD system. Its awesome. The system heavily expands on Halstrom's plugin

There are 6 diseases that can affect and progress for all actors. Each has a unique set of symptoms, progression and treatments. You can talk to any wasteland doctor for advice, but some know more than others, or you can read the information leaflets provided with any Vault-Tec remedies.

It now requires SCR (again), and also uses NVSE v4.2, so you need to upgrade to that if you haven't done already.

Of modding interest:

The system does not use any tokens, instead it keeps track of NPC STD states via NX vars. The sexout scanner is used to cast an effect spell to update NPC statuses based on the time of the last update, stored also as an NX. For the player, quests are used instead of spells, and it is more complex.

Oh wow, awesome! Did anybody else noticed SexoutSTD's wasn't really working? At least not for me, I don't remember ever catching a single one. It does kind of make sense you've included it here, and I can't wait to try!

By the way, Odessa, I'm getting reversed messages when I play as a male. Say I engage in anal sex with a female NPC, I get a "You are taking it up the ass." message. 

And once more off topic, is that lovely redhead/blonde demon/horny gal from any game in particular? I'm curious, she has lovely alluring eyes  ;)

Hello!

Just a suggestion:  could you please add an MCM setting to toggle off AIDS and only AIDS?

I ask this for several reasons:

1) A status condition that cannot truly be removed is extremely punitive.

2) The disease itself was discovered in 1981, and the Fallout universe laws of physics and biology follows the conventions of sci-fi flicks from the 50s. HIV does not really fit into sci-fi flicks from the 50s.

3) Even if it did fit, incubation period is at least a decade. Ever played a Fallout New Vegas game lasting an in-game decade?

That's all for now.

@AkivaValika: The AIDS incubation period is long and the sickness status conditions are avoidable and can be removed via AIDS-X medication.

Stage 1: incubation, may be 110 days.

Stage 2: No symptoms

Stage 3-6 AIDS effects

If you take AIDS-X every day you'll never get any symptoms, but if you don't then there is a chance you start getting them. You can then take the meds to go back to stage 2, but effects may take a day to disappear. I also made AIDS very rare and hard to transmit, most players will probably never see it.  I dont think its extremely punitive, I feel its balanced and adds a new gameplay element.

I don't see why AIDS doesn't fit with fallout if you've got other VD. It isn't meant to be an accurate representation of the disease, in the same way fallout radiation and bullet wounds aren't.

@CK: I've never tested with a male character, I uploaded a new version with a gender check for that message. I'm not sure on the origin of the avatar, I just found it via google a few years ago. I like her eyes too.

Fallout is an universe of sci-fi flicks from the 50s that experienced a nuclear war. Computer exploding when you tell them a logical paradox, big terminals with text only interface cohabitating with plasma weapons, engineered mutagenic viruses creating mutated and powerful life forms, scientists in lab coat mixing random chemicals with made up names to produce super weapons... Laboratories full of sparkling giant tesla coils used in research fields that would have no practical use for them... SCIENCE! creates things, and creates them fast!

I don't know how a disease known for incubating for decades without apparent symptoms fit in the exclamation mark filled world of the 50s sci-fi flicks. Other diseases were at least known in the 50s (Syphilis, for example claimed the life of Al Capone. He was afraid of needles and as such never got a penicilin shot.), so a pass could conceivably be given to them.

Even ignoring the theme of the setting and just focusing on the rules of the setting itself, no one should know what it is because it would never have been discovered. If you want to get really picky, even if pre-War society discovered it, which is doubtful considering their inability to miniaturize anything, there would be no way for post-apocalyptic society to identify its presence in individuals. In other words, while AIDS could still be a thing, AIDS-X could not be. That's a strict interpretation, mind you, and I don't think its ability to fit the setting is the most pressing issue.

As was said, it sounds too punitive. I would strongly caution against forcing any condition onto the player that is never removable, regardless of what that condition is or how hard it is to get it. Players do not like being told that because the RNG rolled really low that now they have they're screwed over forever, especially since your incubation period is so long that by the time they realize they have it, they've sunk such a huge amount of time into the game that rolling back to an older save isn't an option. I know that I personally wouldn't be happy to be in such a situation. Because I honestly feel this isn't good game design I strongly suggest making it toggleable.

Also these are all human diseases. Public lice only infest humans. Animals can technically have chlamydia but it's a different species and can't spread to humans. You may want to go with a more animal-specific STD such as this which actually can affect humans.

1) I considered this, and you misunderstand- all the effects are removable. Being punitive was never an intention, there is no getting screwed over forever, which would like you say be crap.

AIDS-X always cures all the effects. Any day you don't take one there is a small chance for the effects to start, but stage 3 and 4 are very mild, it takes a few weeks to get the bad ones. At any time you can take AIDS-X and it will go back down until you have no effects again.

So, you can't ever cure AIDS, but you just need to takes the meds occasionally to avoid effects- in the same way you have to drink water and eat food in vanilla hardcore mode. You can easily buy the meds from doctors, the mod ensures they get restocked.

2) There is no reason you would ever have to roll back to a much older save. None of the STDs make any hard modification to the player, you can at any time disable STDs via the MCM or unload the mod to remove all effects.

3) None of the diseases are particularly bad, but the fact there are different ways to cure them and some recur makes it interesting. A lot of thought has gone into the gameplay, this plugin took me a long time to make. I felt it was boring in the old plugin (and similar in vanilla game with drug addictions) that you just used a disease treatment kit and all of them were instantly removed. Removal is a more involved process now, but the effects are also much less severe than in the old one.

For example, crabs has a chance to give you an itchy effect that lasts only a few minutes, a few times a day. When 2 people have sex, the one with the most crabs can give some to the other. You can get rid of crabs this way, or you can expose yourself to radiation.

It seems a little early to be knocking AIDS since I don't think anyones tried it yet. I will listen to feedback when they do.

Adding an MCM option for every part of the mod makes it confusing, and I have to add checks all over the code to do it properly and allow disabling/reenabling.

I may add a quest to find a cure at some point.

Oh wow, awesome! Did anybody else noticed SexoutSTD's wasn't really working? At least not for me, I don't remember ever catching a single one. It does kind of make sense you've included it here, and I can't wait to try!

Umm well as far as I know it was working, there's no recent reports otherwise. I like Odessa's expansion ideas, I just have no interest or time in expanding SexoutSTD's any further, but if it's non-functional I'll either fix it or remove it completely from the forums, tending more along the fix it lines so people have a choice.

Of course it is hopefully common sense not to use STD's and Wear & Tear together for the resulting confusion of having the same disease twice from 2 different systems. I'll put a note in the OP of SexoutSTD's not to use the 2 together :)

I think AIDS is such an emotionally and politically loaded subject

that it's freaking some people out; the thought of my PC with Kaposi's

Sarcoma certainly freaks me out :s 

I'm not trying to get on your case about it, more like pointing out why

the addition is not provoking torrents of jubilation from some quarters ;)

Ah okay, well if someone asks for a version without AIDS for emotional reasons then I can respect that, but not if they instead pretend some bull shit gameplay reason without even playing the mod or understanding how it works.

I'll remove it and add a tribal disease (with the same script), which I was thinking of adding anyway. It will take me a little while to rewrite the dialogue and text though.

I also uploaded a minor tweak with an MCM frequency slider.