Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition LE/SE

I am experiencing some weird issues

1. when there are multiple enemies, only the highest multiple animation plays. when there are 5 enemies, only 4p animations will play

2. creatures get mismatched, when there are 2 bears and 1 wolf, it plays wolf 3p animations

On 2/27/2022 at 4:54 AM, Jercy said:

Those who has issue with NPC - NPC things.. I found this. Tried on my mods and it seems to work for me. And Credits goes to person who made this quick fix.

Is that fix he did for LE or SE? If it was for LE, could I convert it to SE with no issues?

Sorry if someone has asked this already, but I love the wolf struggle animations. how are you supposed to trigger them. I thought they where part of the grapple exhaustion system but when i tried it with a wolf they just knocked me down

On 1/18/2022 at 6:09 AM, Nohrin said:

For some reason this makes my characters voice sound like a chipmunk when yelling stuff like "you win, I submit!" and "Enough!" etc. Anyone know why/how to fix it? It's very annoying.

Edit: Follow up question: Does anyone know which animation controls the animation when you are first sent into bleedout? It's the one where your character puts a hand to their head and then slowly falls over onto the ground. I am wanting to either edit that animation, or replace it with a different one. (It's too slow and a bit unrealistic for my taste).

I'm having this same issue, did you ever figure it out?

50 minutes ago, LammyShark said:

I'm having this same issue, did you ever figure it out?

No. I stopped using it and switched to Banes. But Banes version animation filters aren't working for me, so I have to pick my poison.

Edited by Nohrin
18 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

No. I stopped using it and switched to Banes. But Banes version animation filters aren't working for me, so I have to pick my poison.

Ahh, that's a shame. I did just come across this, which someone mentioned fixes the animation filtering issue, so I may give it a try. Just wish there was some way to merge some of the other improvements to this one from the baka version.

EDIT: In the same thread, someone also mentioned this as a replacement for Defeat, but I haven't looked at it too much yet. I'm playing in VR, and so far I've had issues with the struggle mechanic in all versions of Defeat.

Edited by LammyShark
On 3/21/2022 at 4:53 AM, Lyeco said:

It took me hours to install. Still installing. MCM is there but still no menu pop up that says install

MCM has a really hard slow registering new menus ( Especially if you have like 20 of them like I do), sometimes I have to flat out start a new game which would be frustrating if I wasnt always playing on test characters.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:53 PM, Lyeco said:

It took me hours to install. Still installing. MCM is there but still no menu pop up that says install

48 minutes ago, ithinkimst0ned said:

MCM has a really hard slow registering new menus ( Especially if you have like 20 of them like I do), sometimes I have to flat out start a new game which would be frustrating if I wasnt always playing on test characters.

Yeah, but hours? hours? i have more than 128 MCM, i needed some mod that increases this limit, and it takes few minutes tops. When you install new mod try in console

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

this will force mcm to refresh.

6 minutes ago, moody132 said:

Yeah, but hours? hours? i have more than 128 MCM, i needed some mod that increases this limit, and it takes few minutes tops. When you install new mod try in console

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

this will force mcm to refresh.

I've done this with no luck, that's crazy that you have 128 menus. God speed you should contact Guiness world records. rofl. You raise a good point with there not being enough support for having lots of menus.

3 hours ago, ithinkimst0ned said:

I've done this with no luck, that's crazy that you have 128 menus. God speed you should contact Guiness world records. rofl. You raise a good point with there not being enough support for having lots of menus.

Maybe try to do this in interior, some non demanding cell? If you try this in Whiterun with 50 new highpoly NPC with 25fps, this will update way slower, than in empty 2x2m cell without any npc. or there is mod called Jaxonz MCM kicker, but as far i know it works exactly like this console command.

Anyone else found a solution to the marking issue ? Pressing G alone doesnt mark enemies but pressing the LShift + G does mark them... but guess what... only when they are at convo range... thats right unless you are near enough to see that "Press E to talk" but I cant make them enter bleedout.

I found a fix for action key issues, thanks to the help of Nohrin flagging that version 1.02 works fine in the post below:

On 9/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, Nohrin said:

I can confirm the latest version has some broken features...The one plaguing me is the PC as aggressor function. The "Action key" to mark enemies to be knocked down just simply doesn't work. Enemies will still be knocked down to bleedout...but you cannot knock them down with a bash after marking them. 

I reverted to version 1.02 of this, and it works. So whatever happened in one of the updates after 1.02 broke this. 

Hoping that cleaning my save file after reverting won't break my game.

As many people noticed

1. Action key marking requires you to hold down modifier key, which is not intended behavior. This also means you cannot mark your followers.
  2. Marking only works within dialogue range.

I perused the script source files from the creator's Patreon release, and there didn't seem to be any deliberate change causing the range to be reduced. I compared the files to the working 1.02 implementation and noticed some of the code differences were weird, and replaced some of the 1.4 files with the old files to confirm that this is the problem.

TLDR: download this script file from the 1.02 version of bakafactory defeat, replace the existing file in the latest (1.4) mod release and it should fix both of the action key issues mentioned above.

For those interested in the scripting, the exact culprit is that the code was refactored, but the updated conditional logic was wrong. Here's the original code in the 1.02 release:

If !Target.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive")
		Bool Valid = (Target.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeNPC") || Target.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeCreature"))
		If Valid

And here is the refactored code below:

If Target.HasKeyWordString("SexLabActive")
		return
	endif

if (!Target.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeNPC") || !Target.HasKeyWordString("ActorTypeCreature"))
		return
	endif

The code is changed so that instead of executing the followup code if the conditions are true, you exit early if conditions are false. If you are inverting logic like this, the equivalent expression should invert all operators, including changing the OR operator into an AND. Easy oversight to make, but also easy to fix once you know what's happening.

There are still issues with the knockout/kill commands and follower command knockout/kill used with the action key. Only the threaten command works properly. I might dive in and check out how to fix these bugs in the future.

defeathkaction.pex

I wanted to post here in case anyone else has had this issue although I seem to be the only one to ever have had this. When I try and modify the tags for any animation selectin in defeat I'm getting it automatically adding a ".behind" instead of it opening up the popup like it used to do. I also can't change the page on the tag editing portion of the MCM so I'm stuck on the consensual page for animations (and I'm not even entirely sure how you use defeat consensually). Honestly I've had this issue since Defeat Baka Edition 1.11 but at that time I had upgraded from an older defeat version and was able to export my settings. Now I can't and I have absolutely no clue what's causing this to happen.