Sexlab Defeat Baka Edition LE/SE

after being defeated by an enemy, my the characters will align to start an animation, but no animation plays. i have my animations registered in sl animation loader. i get the text from my assaulter, what could potentially be the issue?

On 3/23/2024 at 4:39 AM, DumCumpster said:

having an issue of animations taking a long time to load, particularly the struggle animations.
Also some creatures won't play the struggle animations

nvm making a new character fixed this. Guess I have to start over :s

Does anyone know/have tested if the DAR patched can be used if you use OAR? It should be a drop in replacement since OAR should be fully backwards compatible with DAR mods but figured I would ask.

If no one knows/has tested, will try myself and update on the results.

19 hours ago, Leckon said:

Does anyone know/have tested if the DAR patched can be used if you use OAR? It should be a drop in replacement since OAR should be fully backwards compatible with DAR mods but figured I would ask.

If no one knows/has tested, will try myself and update on the results.

Have not tested, but together they should conflict each other.

You mean as a replacement for OAR? If the animation pack is targeting OAR it should not be compatible with DAR, but if it's targeting DAR then OAR or DAR should work with it. Then again together they should glitch, as OAR is designed as a replacement to DAR.

That is based on my understanding of both mods.  OAR has implemented an expansion to DAR core functions.

OAR features and expansion to DAR core functions. Everything under item 2 is OAR only unless DAR is patched with extra functions that are similar.

Spoiler

• Dynamic replacement of animations based on configurable conditions.
  • Full backward compatibility with Dynamic Animation Replacer based mods.
  • Many new conditions as well as improvements to existing ones (e.g. support for keyword EditorIDs).
  • Paired animations are supported.
  • Non-actor animations are supported.
  • Correctly replaces animations on animation loop and echo.
  • Filters out duplicated replacer animations that contribute to the animation limit, without affecting the results.
  • Animation variants for easy randomization or sequential variations.
  • Mod-wide condition presets that can be used in submods to minimize unnecessary condition duplication.
  • Replacer submods can have additional settings, allowing things such as:
    • Constant polling of required conditions while the animation is playing, resulting and immediate replacement when the situation changes, with proper blending between the previous and new animation.
    • Keeping the results of random conditions on animation loop, useful for movement mods so the animation isn't replaced every few steps.
    • Sharing random results throughout the whole submod, so the whole animation set is randomized together.
    • Custom blend times when animations get interrupted and replaced.
    • Ignoring the No Triggers animation clip flag which is enabled on some animation clips in vanilla, which normally causes annotated animation events to be ignored.
    • Setting a required project name (e.g. so a particular submod only loads for DefaultMale or DefaultFemale etc.)
    • Setting the name of the folder that contains animations, so multiple submods can include the same animations without duplicating them.
  • In-game editor that lets you inspect and edit conditions, priority and other features of replacer mods while in-game, and immediately see and test the changes.
  • Preview any replacer animation in the in-game editor.
  • Animation log UI that helps identify the most recently played animations.
  • Animation event log UI that can be useful in live debugging for behavior modders.
  • Animations can start preloading while in the main menu.
  • A small progress bar that displays animation preloading progress.
  • Increased animation limit up to 32767 per project.
  • Increased Havok heap size for better stability with lots of animations.
  • API for other SKSE plugins to add new custom conditions.
  • Everything is done through SKSE and can be installed or uninstalled anytime.

Experimental features include:

• Increased animation limit up to 65534 per project.
    A technical description for those interested: A Havok behavior animation clip has a 16-bit signed integer variable (int16) that represents the index of the entry in a huge animation binding array that should be read when the clip is activated. The maximum range of an int16 value is -32768 to 32767. However, almost the entire negative part of the possible values is unused. Only -1 is used as a special value for situations such as when the animation clip is uninitialized. The experimental setting patches all the places in the game code I could find where the value is treated as a signed integer, and changes the instructions so it's treated as an unsigned integer instead (uint16). An unsigned integer can have values from 0 to 65535. The value that was previously -1 is still reserved, hence the maximum of 65534 animations. The setting is considered experimental because I might have missed some places to patch, and not many people will actually reach the 32k limit in the first place. Only enable it if you actually need it, or are curious, though you probably won't see any potential issues if you aren't actually over the limit.
  • Disabling preloading animations.
    This setting appears to work just fine for me, but some testers have previously reported seeing short T-Poses with it enabled. Consider checking it out, it should have less impact on the memory footprint of the game and there's no animation loading queue at all with this setting enabled. The setting has been proven to have some minor issues. I'm still looking for other solutions, but generally I don't recommend using this setting.

Edited by safado
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 12:39 AM, safado said:

SL Defeat "Bane Master" edition has better patches than Baka edition, but currently can conflict with Babodialogue scripted defeat scenes.  Babodialgue workaround is to raise health limit to trigger defeat in babodialogue's MCM options.  Baka edition has the extra struggle animations(actually in Baka Motion Pack) for some creatures and 100% compatibility with babodialogue, bug fixes are inferior to Bane Master's edition.

So which version do you suggest using?

So defeat Banemaster sounds great for sure but if I want to use babo dialogue it looks like I'm stuck using baka defeat.

Banemaster sounds like it performs better.

Tried using Practical Defeat though archon and although it worked fine facing bandits even with yamete mod installed could not get creatures to fire off.  Also NPCs would put each other in downed states and do nothing after so that seems like the mod is still not working as intended.

If I want to use horrible harassment and approach mods it would appear that means babo dialogue and defeat are needed.

Man modding is threading a needle way more now than before with so many forks and feature incomplete mods around.

1 minute ago, Gameplayer said:

So which version do you suggest using?

So defeat Banemaster sounds great for sure but if I want to use babo dialogue it looks like I'm stuck using baka defeat.

You are completely fine with banemasters defeat and babo dialogue. Just set defeat to trigger on bleedout and babo dialogues to trigger on something like 10% health. Its the same with every defeat mod, its no problem using multiple, just need to have them set to different triggers.
Personally I use
acheron/practical defeat on bleedout
baka to trigger on 30% health
banemasters defeat to trigger on hotkey (because practical defeat doesnt support creatures yet so I just trigger banemasters defeat when I feel like it makes sense)

23 minutes ago, Alpia said:

You are completely fine with banemasters defeat and babo dialogue. Just set defeat to trigger on bleedout and babo dialogues to trigger on something like 10% health. Its the same with every defeat mod, its no problem using multiple, just need to have them set to different triggers.
Personally I use
acheron/practical defeat on bleedout
baka to trigger on 30% health
banemasters defeat to trigger on hotkey (because practical defeat doesnt support creatures yet so I just trigger banemasters defeat when I feel like it makes sense)

Ok great,

If you don't mind I have a follow up question,

I saw that practical defeat has apply devices but since it does not support creatures yet and no idea here but sometimes all NPCs only get put in bleed out now rather than die in my game.

Well I want to know which mod applies devices on defeat.

Used to have devious captures, but it's not working past dd4.

13 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

Ok great,

If you don't mind I have a follow up question,

I saw that practical defeat has apply devices but since it does not support creatures yet and no idea here but sometimes all NPCs only get put in bleed out now rather than die in my game.

Well I want to know which mod applies devices on defeat.

Used to have devious captures, but it's not working past dd4.

I'm not sure if I understand. The problem is that npc's only get in bleedout? Thats probably acheron and you can turn off npc defeat in its mcm, but banemasters and baka's defeat also have a npc defeat. In both cases its a mcm option to have it.
Practical defeat is an addon to Acheron, Acheron is the framework that handles the defeat and sends/triggers the outcome set in its mcm for for example hostile npc's of which one option to use would be practical defeat.
Which mod applies devices on defeat? Well depends what mods you use or is that a general question for mods that apply devices on defeat?
Either way Banemasters defeat with the LRG patch also linked in that post does so if set to and practical defeat does so as well adjustable in the mcm and with a external .json file that allows you to add or remove devices from the list it can apply.

11 minutes ago, Alpia said:

I'm not sure if I understand. The problem is that npc's only get in bleedout? Thats probably acheron and you can turn off npc defeat in its mcm, but banemasters and baka's defeat also have a npc defeat. In both cases its a mcm option to have it.
Practical defeat is an addon to Acheron, Acheron is the framework that handles the defeat and sends/triggers the outcome set in its mcm for for example hostile npc's of which one option to use would be practical defeat.
Which mod applies devices on defeat? Well depends what mods you use or is that a general question for mods that apply devices on defeat?
Either way Banemasters defeat with the LRG patch also linked in that post does so if set to and practical defeat does so as well adjustable in the mcm and with a external .json file that allows you to add or remove devices from the list it can apply.

Hey thanks for all the help,

It took me a bit to think it through, but I ended up pulling Archeon and practical defeat out.

Then I put in Banemaster Defeat and Babo Dialogue

Fired up a new game,

Would have been playing but I started modifying some armor sets and uploaded some files for Daughters of Dimitrescu and Vampire Chain plus a SPID outfit distributer,

Haha,

But eventually tonight maybe I will play :D