I believe Frostfall uses RegisterForAnimationEvent and OnAnimationEvent to detect whether or not the player is swimming or rather whether or not the swimming animation is player. Although this is very reliable, it is not what I'm looking for since it only detects whether or not the player is swimming and not whether or not the player is standing in shallow water.

I've seen Papyrus: detecting when player is in water already and it is the way I've described that I did not wish to use since it modifies watertype setting and might break compatibility with other mods that edit watertype settings. However, after checking Realistic Needs and Diseases, I think that this may be the only way to do it and since I plan to integrate this with RnD, there's no reason not to use this method then.

Mmmh... i was sure, chesko made a detection for just standing in water, as well as for isSwimming. :/

Haven't played Frostfall in a while. Sorry, if i'm wrong there.

Since i'm new to scripting, i would try to find a way, to detect the footstep sound that's played, when the player moves.

Maybe there is such function. Would be rather universal and touch nothing, if.

There is a mod for Oblivion called Bathing Mod Revampt  v1.04 it has animations and the ability to bath in lakes/streams also purchasable tubs that are placeable  by character or added to player homes. I'm not sure how hard it would be to port but it may give you some ideas. I can't remember exactly where I downloaded this from, either LL or nexus possibly both.  @ TealEri  My character burst once while in vampire lord form, not sure if it was a glitch , but the sound fx played and the bladder/ bowels were emptied , no animations were played        Update The Bathing Mod Revampt file is listed  here in the oblivion non adult section and has links to the original on nexus

Here is something that might or might not be useful for you Richard to make your mod recognize if theres water or not that I just discovered.

I am using a mod called Eat, Sleep, Drink and Bathe mod but only using the bathe portion. For the other things I have been using Realistic Needs and diseases up until my newest playthrough where I decided to give Kuertees Eat and Sleep mod a try.

And all of a sudden I couldnt bathe anymore.

Because I am also using PureWaters and for that I needed a patch to get it to work with Realistic Needs. And Kuertees Eat and sleep wasnt compatible with PureWaters (at least not the version I used)

So what I did was activate the RND patch (Not RND itself!) and suddenly Kuertees recognized PureWaters for me to bathe in.

There is a mod for Oblivion called Bathing Mod Revampt  v1.04 it has animations and the ability to bath in lakes/streams also purchasable tubs that are placeable  by character or added to player homes. I'm not sure how hard it would be to port but it may give you some ideas. I can't remember exactly where I downloaded this from, either LL or nexus possibly both.  @ TealEri  My character burst once while in vampire lord form, not sure if it was a glitch , but the sound fx played and the bladder/ bowels were emptied , no animations were played        Update The Bathing Mod Revampt file is listed  here in the oblivion non adult section and has links to the original on nexus

I'll check it out and see if anything's useful.

Here is something that might or might not be useful for you Richard to make your mod recognize if theres water or not that I just discovered.

I am using a mod called Eat, Sleep, Drink and Bathe mod but only using the bathe portion. For the other things I have been using Realistic Needs and diseases up until my newest playthrough where I decided to give Kuertees Eat and Sleep mod a try.

And all of a sudden I couldnt bathe anymore.

Because I am also using PureWaters and for that I needed a patch to get it to work with Realistic Needs. And Kuertees Eat and sleep wasnt compatible with PureWaters (at least not the version I used)

So what I did was activate the RND patch (Not RND itself!) and suddenly Kuertees recognized PureWaters for me to bathe in.

It's probably because PureWaters edit the settings in watertype. I've checked the detection method and is seems Kuertuees' mod and RnD use the same detection method; however, Kuerfees mod didn't have a patch for all the different water mods. As for my mod, as long as you have RnD's patch for PureWaters or what have you, it should be fine.

Yay you finally added number 2! ^_^ Thank you Sweetie! I have a suggestion. Since you can wet yourself, why not the ability to shit yourself too, if you go long enough without defecating? Wetting/shitting yourself could tie into your hygeine idea too.

Yay you finally added number 2! ^_^ Thank you Sweetie! I have a suggestion. Since you can wet yourself, why not the ability to shit yourself too, if you go long enough without defecating? Wetting/shitting yourself could tie into your hygeine idea too.

Well... currently if you don't go number 2 for too long you get constipated. I don't think I'll add a involuntary bowel release from having a very full bowels, but I might add it as a possible disease symptom, such as after acquiring anal prolapse from forcing everything out after becoming constipated.

Hey um.... what do you mean delete old scripts when updating? I poked all around the internet but I can't find out how to do that. :( I even posted it in the technical support section for skyrim but it doesn't even have a single view after a half hour. What scripts do I need to delete to update your mod? How do I do this kind of thing? :(

Also, the mod is activated (I activated it in the menu), and I've waited for days, but the bowels aren't building up at all. This file is a vampire, so I even had to go to Castle Volkenhar to avoid needing to feed all the time from the constant day-long waits. Bowels aren't listed in the status effects page, even though I enabled defecating and constipation, but no content... I hit the check button she just says 'my bowels feel better now'. I hit the poo button and she just says 'my bowels still feel empty'.

Edit 2: Did more testing. With constipation game on, defecation on, 100 points per hour, around the 5-6 hour mark the bowels effect just vanishes from my menu and upon hitting the check button, the message 'My bowels feel better now' is displayed. This status does not change, even if I wait for several days in a row at max bowel buildup, though bladder builds and wets on its own perfectly fine. Bowels successfully pass through 'slightly full' and 'feeling full' normally, but if it progresses into the vanish phase nothing functions.

Could this be because of those scripts you mentioned? X_X someone help me with that...

Hey um.... what do you mean delete old scripts when updating? I poked all around the internet but I can't find out how to do that. :( I even posted it in the technical support section for skyrim but it doesn't even have a single view after a half hour. What scripts do I need to delete to update your mod? How do I do this kind of thing? :(

Also, the mod is activated (I activated it in the menu), and I've waited for days, but the bowels aren't building up at all. This file is a vampire, so I even had to go to Castle Volkenhar to avoid needing to feed all the time from the constant day-long waits. Bowels aren't listed in the status effects page, even though I enabled defecating and constipation, but no content... I hit the check button she just says 'my bowels feel better now'. I hit the poo button and she just says 'my bowels still feel empty'.

Edit 2: Did more testing. With constipation game on, defecation on, 100 points per hour, around the 5-6 hour mark the bowels effect just vanishes from my menu and upon hitting the check button, the message 'My bowels feel better now' is displayed. This status does not change, even if I wait for several days in a row at max bowel buildup, though bladder builds and wets on its own perfectly fine. Bowels successfully pass through 'slightly full' and 'feeling full' normally, but if it progresses into the vanish phase nothing functions.

Could this be because of those scripts you mentioned? X_X someone help me with that...

Might be a glitch with the constipation toggle. Though go into your skyrim/data/scripts and delete all of these files if you have them. If it still happens then I may need to do some debugging.post-30570-0-99224300-1371945983_thumb.png

I did a search in the skyrim folder, none of those old scripts showed up... of course most of them weren't in the zip file I downloaded either, just a big BSA file. So I guess it's not the old scripts doing it... nexus mod manager probably removes them for me, when I uninstalled 'the need to urinate'

I did a search in the skyrim folder, none of those old scripts showed up... of course most of them weren't in the zip file I downloaded either, just a big BSA file. So I guess it's not the old scripts doing it... nexus mod manager probably removes them for me, when I uninstalled 'the need to urinate'

Using nexus manager is good way to install this mod. Did you have the constipation toggle on or off? Also type "show excrementpoints" in the console tell me the number that shows up and the spell effect you are having due to it, if there is a spell effect.

I've having a problem and I hope some more experienced modders can help me with this. I'm try to make it so that waiting in the one of the saunas in Northern Bathhouses like Hoarfrost in Whiterun will make the player clean. To do this I am applying a new keyword, which I have created named "PNBathhouse", to the locations. Through my scripts I should detect whether or not the place the player is waiting in has the keyword. The problem I'm having is that no matter what I do, the keyword never seems to successfully add to the locations even if creation shows that its been added. I've esmfied through Wyre Smash the Northern Bathhouses esp to allow my Private Needs.esp to use it as a master and have set it as a master through Wrye Bash also. I can provide my current work in progress esp to anyone who wants to try and help.

Some good news though, I've been granted permission to use canderes' bathing animation and soap texture, of which the bathing animation I have already implemented successfully into my work in progress esp, so even if I'm not able to integrate this with Northern Bathhouses immediately. Atleast bathing will have an animation.

Using nexus manager is good way to install this mod. Did you have the constipation toggle on or off? Also type "show excrementpoints" in the console tell me the number that shows up and the spell effect you are having due to it, if there is a spell effect.

Okay. I typed your command, and it sayd 545 point something... so the stuff was certainly there

constipation is toggled on. :) Your constipation minigame sounded exotic, and I wanted to try it out.

No spell effects from it whatsoever. Hope this helps.

The spell in your spell menu right now is it named "Urinate and Defecate" or just "Defecate", If you have both Urinate and Defecate toggled on you should just have one spell which is "Urinate and Defecate". Also, try just using the spell :Defecate: or "Urinate and Defecate" depending on which toggles you have on. The constipation mini game should fire regardless of whether or not you have the spell effects since I set to detect fullness of your bowels rather than what bowel spell effect you have. Currently, the spell effect should only appear as place holders and might not actually apply any physical effect after you become constipated.

It is still possible that the spell effects aren't being properly added after becoming constipated. The constipation threshold currently is 300, so if you don't have constipation toggled on then the excrementpoints are capped at 300, if you do have constipation toggled on then it is capped 600 which is when I plan to have the spell do frequent intermittent health and stamina damage.

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the new stuff I'm trying to add, so updates may come much slower than I had state earlier in the thread, which I must apologize.

Edit: I've finally figured out how to integrate this with Northern Bathhouses. The script is finally detecting whether or not the player's in the bathhouse or not. This also means that I now know how to integrate this with RnD I think.

Sorry if this has already been asked but are there out houses in the game now? I was jogging around whiterun trying to see if an out house was anywhere but can't find them so, I was just wondering if there are outhouses now and if so where?

Further testing. Only defecation is toggled, constipation is toggled. No matter how many hours pass it stays at 545, even with 100 points per hour, or 50 points per hour, and when I cast the 'defecate' power, it just says 'my bowels still feel empty'

Further testing. Only defecation is toggled, constipation is toggled. No matter how many hours pass it stays at 545, even with 100 points per hour, or 50 points per hour, and when I cast the 'defecate' power, it just says 'my bowels still feel empty'

Try reinstalling the mod then. Deactivate the esp go in you game and save. Then reactivate the esp.

Hello,I come from Taiwan(not Thailand XD.) I found this mod is extremely interesting. Thank you for creating such a marvelous mod. Could you give me permission to translate this mod to Chinese version and release it on http://bbs.3dmgame.com/forum.php? After translating, I'll show your name and this mod's original link on my post page. Wishing you are happy everyday.

You're from Taiwan. So am I. My family immigrated to Canada when I was 3. I would do it myself If I had the time. I'm actually quite fluent in Mandarin. So sure go and translate this to chinese.