1 hour ago, kcs27 said:

So how are you supposed to update to 4.2.1 from 4.1.3. 4.2.1 is missing patches the previous version had and installing it didn't open up an new dialogue on my saved play through with 4.1.3.

I just deleted 4.1.3 from vortex....installed 4.2.1.7 and it asked me if I wanted the patches and I said yes.  Once I installed it I talked to Charlette and asked to film a new scene....that started the new content.  4.2.1.7 is a FOMOD....make sure you didn't download a patch.....JB had put a patch up at one point to try and fix a problem I was having.  Don't use the patch....it needed 4.2.1 to be installed.

2 hours ago, thiciathy said:

Here's the whole quest pickup: https://webmshare.com/play/aBZ0Q

And this is the closeup on the console output:

945128025_Fallout4Screenshot2022_05.08-17_45_58.39-Copy.jpg.790016340e14066793704ce359f74799.jpg

Something stopped the Quest. In my experience there is no way to start it again  (Unless you load a save from before starting the new 4.2 content).

You can try to start it manually.

startquest _nukaride_Propaganda
setstage _nukaride_Propaganda 10

Or as I said, load a save from before installing version 4.2 and try to start it again (talking to Charlotte).

It's not starting because it can't find all the actors (lucy, charlotte, the clone and cameraman). But I can see that everyone is there. ?‍♂️ Nuka Ride is among your last plugins in your load order?

Edited by JB.
2 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Hi, excellent mod nicely done Ten times better than the original dlc ? (No significant bugs detected, zero crash experienced).

I have a quick question though: after completing Golden Globes Radio quest, i didn't find any new radio station in my pipboy and when i start the radio via MCM nothing happens. Am i missing something? 

Hey, thanks! You probably have another radio mod, and the stations of that other mod and mine match, causing one of the two not to appear in your pipboy.

19 minutes ago, JB. said:

Something stopped the Quest. In my experience there is no way to start it again  (Unless you load a save from before starting the new 4.2 content).

You can try to start it manually.

startquest _nukaride_Propaganda
setstage _nukaride_Propaganda 10

But this is a safe from before starting the 4.2. After installing 4.2.1 I load my last save that had 4.1.3 before, go to studio, talk to charlotte, and always get same result as on the video I linked.

The startquest and setstage commands also did nothing.

Maybe its something again with the name? My character name is Bubbles, that was causing a no progress bug in the past once.

Also, I'm choosing "I don't need it" on all fomod options. Maybe one of the things I'm skipping has that script?

Edited by thiciathy
11 minutes ago, thiciathy said:

But this is a safe from before starting the 4.2. After installing 4.2.1 I load my last save that had 4.1.3 before, go to studio, talk to charlotte, and always get same result as on the video I linked.

The startquest and setstage commands also did nothing.

Maybe its something again with the name? My character name is Bubbles, that was causing a no progress bug in the past once.

Also, I'm choosing "I don't need it" on all fomod options. Maybe one of the things I'm skipping has that script?

How about the load order? The truth is that you have everything right, I see the actors, they are alive and visible. The only suspicion I have is the load order.

Another option if you want to try is to install the mod again, and choose to install with the source script. Make sure there are no patch traces from other versions of Nuka Ride in your game, only version 4.2

BTW can you load a previous save and try again the console command? The only condition I need is that the save has Lucy and your clone already in the studio, there are no other special conditions. It does not matter that in that save you have not won The Special Girls or other missions. It's just for testing anyway.

Edited by JB.
10 minutes ago, JB. said:

How about the load order? The truth is that you have everything right, I see the actors, they are alive and visible. The only suspicion I have is the load order.

Another option if you want to try is to install the mod again, and choose to install with the source script. Make sure there are no patch traces from other versions of Nuka Ride in your game, only version 4.2

BTW can you load a previous save and try again the console command? The only condition I need is that the save has Lucy and your clone already in the studio, there are no other special conditions. It does not matter that in that save you have not won The Special Girls or other missions. It's just for testing anyway.

I've installed with source scripts now. Nuka is the last esp in load order. According to MO2, there are no conflicts, nothing is overriding any of its files.

Loaded save that had 4.1.3 on it, coc'd myself to golden globes, (clone and lucy are there and fine) and tried picking the quest normally, same result. Reloaded the same save, coc'd to globes, but now run the startquest+setstage commands, and they also did nothing.

I never get any outfit, forth floor has only cameraman that doesn't react, and the "SQV _NukaRide_Propaganda" output is the same.

29 minutes ago, thiciathy said:

I've installed with source scripts now. Nuka is the last esp in load order. According to MO2, there are no conflicts, nothing is overriding any of its files.

Loaded save that had 4.1.3 on it, coc'd myself to golden globes, (clone and lucy are there and fine) and tried picking the quest normally, same result. Reloaded the same save, coc'd to globes, but now run the startquest+setstage commands, and they also did nothing.

I never get any outfit, forth floor has only cameraman that doesn't react, and the "SQV _NukaRide_Propaganda" output is the same.

Try this one.

-deleted. New version en mega-

All actors now have "Optional" flag.

Edit2: I re-uploaded a new plugin ?. I put another flag on Charlotte; i think she could be the culprit. I put "Allow Reserved" on her. Try it.

The quest will start... but we will find out who is the actor who is not filling the alias. If you start the quest, show me what you get when you type SQV _NukaRide_Propaganda. We'll see who actor is the problem

Edited by JB.
8 minutes ago, JB. said:

Try this one.

Nuka Ride.esp 5.36 MB · 0 downloads

All actors now have "Optional" flag.

The quest will start... but we will find out who is the actor who is not filling the alias. If you start the quest, show me what you get when you type SQV _NukaRide_Propaganda. We'll see who actor is the problem

The quest now starts! I get the jacket (have to equip it manually though), Lucy and Clone are on fourth floor, and this is the SQV output:

981768195_Fallout4Screenshot2022_05.08-21_01_57_60.jpg.fe2c2f304edfd0ff6beede93c9225b9a.jpg

Also I think I should've mentioned I have this NPC overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53114

Which tweaks how Lucy looks. But that doesn't seem to be the issue here since she's on the forth floor and I can start the quest dialogue with her just fine.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, Karna5 said:

Thank you so much, JB. FYI, that ID for tessa didn't work for me, but I ended up restoring to when my character was first level and ran her on foot to the Gunners Plaza (quite an adventure as she had nearly no health and no skills, and every landmine wanted to kill her, haha). When she finally arrived she ran to where tessa is and checked her ID in console. At the start of the game she's already 3300e0e4, and as 33 is the Nuka Ride plugin for my game that tells me she's already not the vanilla tessa (which worked once I confirmed that's what you need).

I then ran the following commands in console:

;resurrect captain wes
1a5370.resurrect
1a5370.recycleactor

;resurrect tessa
3300e0e4.resurrect  (where 33 is the plugin for Nuka Ride)
3300e0e4.recycleactor
;resurrect random soldier
1a5372.resurrect
1a5372.recycleactor

Because I'd already spoken to Charlotte, the stage 0 was already done and stopped, so I had to do the next two console commands to kick start the quest:

startquest _nukaride_girls
setstage _nukaride_girls 10

I can also confirm that these kickstart commands did not work while wes, tessa and the soldier were dead, but once they were resurrected the commands worked.

I really appreciate the help from both you and Splithorse because if I couldn't recover the quest I was going to have to restart the game, and she's already 117th level, so that would be a lot to do over, haha. Thanks again :)

Thanks, that was very helpful!

1 minute ago, thiciathy said:

The quest now starts! I get the jacket (have to equip it manually though), Lucy and Clone are on fourth floor, and this is the SQV output:

981768195_Fallout4Screenshot2022_05.08-21_01_57_60.jpg.fe2c2f304edfd0ff6beede93c9225b9a.jpg

Also I think I should've mentioned I have this NPC overhaul: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/53114

Which tweaks how Lucy looks. But that doesn't seem to be the issue here since she's on the forth floor and I can start the quest dialogue with her just fine.

The jacket goes into your inventory, that's fine. The culprit is Charlotte!

Uploading a new version right now. If it happened to you, it could happen to others. Thanks for the report!

Right now you won't be able to get paid when you finish filming (Charlotte has a problem). But the new version is already in mega.

6 minutes ago, JB. said:

The jacket goes into your inventory, that's fine. The culprit is Charlotte!

Uploading a new version right now. If it happened to you, it could happen to others. Thanks for the report!

Right now you won't be able to get paid when you finish filming (Charlotte has a problem). But the new version is already in mega.

Thx for the assistance and quick fix! :) I've run out of time now, but I'll try it hopefully tomorrow.

ok. so i am down to the last couple of missions, I am paying respects to the OB and i have to walk the dog Lyons. the game tells me to relax as the dog does whatever, However after 3 real time hours Lyons will not follow me back to the OB and the OB will not say anything to finish the mission, Any ideas on what to do ie: club the dog?

41 minutes ago, Sweettits said:

ok. so i am down to the last couple of missions, I am paying respects to the OB and i have to walk the dog Lyons. the game tells me to relax as the dog does whatever, However after 3 real time hours Lyons will not follow me back to the OB and the OB will not say anything to finish the mission, Any ideas on what to do ie: club the dog?

Depending on what choices you made at each stage of the quest you'll have different encounters. Also, in an earlier quest music gave you a golden collar you can wear to understand what Lyons says. But for instance, when you sit on the bench, one encounter will be Shank trying to convince you of something. Then you may need to talk to the dog, then another encounter, etcetera. It sounds like the quest is waiting for you to talk to an encounter :) FYI, it's also a quest which gives different rewards depending on what choices you make.

39 minutes ago, Sweettits said:

when you take lyons for a walk.....talk to him a couple of times....he will give you a clue about colored boxes......after you get colored boxes(not necessary)......go to the market and get food....go and sit at the bench....feed the dog.....talk to the guy....can't remember his name....the guy who started all of this.....do the aaf scene.....talk to the dog again......he will either tell you to go and see music or to go to the movie theater.......once the theater scene is over or you get back with music then go see the OB.  You should have quest markers showing you where to go.

2 hours ago, Sweettits said:

Speak to Shank

1 hour ago, Splithorse said:

when you take lyons for a walk.....talk to him a couple of times....he will give you a clue about colored boxes......after you get colored boxes(not necessary)......go to the market and get food....go and sit at the bench....feed the dog.....talk to the guy....can't remember his name....the guy who started all of this.....do the aaf scene.....talk to the dog again......he will either tell you to go and see music or to go to the movie theater.......once the theater scene is over or you get back with music then go see the OB.  You should have quest markers showing you where to go.

Ahh,,, perhaps i did the mission wrong, I got groceries 1st. then fed the dog then sat on bench, Afterwards talked to Lyons only to get the  ... .... .... in every reply. I will reload the mission again. thanks

1 hour ago, JB. said:

Is that the part where you sit on a bench and Shank comes to you? The dog, meanwhile, wanders around.

write this and show what you get
SQV _NukaRide_Lyons

Shank never comes to me, a message box siad i have to pay the OB respects before i can do the special girls quest with gage,,.

2 hours ago, JB. said:

Is that the part where you sit on a bench and Shank comes to you? The dog, meanwhile, wanders around.

write this and show what you get
SQV _NukaRide_Lyons

JB 

Enabled? yes

State: Running

Current stage 130

Priority 80

1 hour ago, Sweettits said:

JB 

Enabled? yes

State: Running

Current stage 130

Priority 80

Use this guide when you're stuck.

130 = You must sit on the bench. Do you have the quest activated in miscellaneous, right? Because the mod tells you which bench it is. 

If for some reason you sat down and the quest didn't progress -script delay-, then type SetStage _NukaRide_Lyons 135 (feed the dog).

1 hour ago, Clone2011oad said:

I pose for the overboss, put on the dress, go outside to look at the car and go back inside but cant talk to overboss. He just stands still twitching slightly.

I've had that happen to me twice of the four times or so I did that quest. I think we were supposed to talk to him again in the bedroom, but there wasn't any indication to do that, so when I went outside he was kinda stuck waiting for me to talk to him. When that happens to me I just progress the stage in console to continue, and then all goes well :)

FYI, I also got stuck one of the four playthroughs on a later stage of that quest the same way (I won't give spoilers). It's why I think I was supposed to talk to him and didn't realize it, so when we go to the next scene he just won't talk to us. Again, progressing with the setstage command moves it forward :)