SkyrimVR Patches - VRIK Integrations for ZAZ/DD, camera spinning fixes, & other QOL patches

18 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

However the .esl count against us for skyrim VR.

Yeah, just encountered this yesterday for the first time and was wondering why suddenly NONE of my plugins would load...I felt so stupid afterwards, and ended up wasting way too much time debugging that I am willing to admit. ?
As I understood it the plugins are just for loading the .bsa files. So another option would possibly be to just extract them and disable the plugins. At the cost of initial loading speed as far as I have read...

19 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

I just made an updated patch for POP and Sum 2.02 and for sl survival VR bed patch.

Thanks, much appreciated!

On 4/19/2021 at 10:15 PM, JayDrizzle said:

If you notice any SL mods that cause the VR camera to spin, I am willing to attempt a patch.  It would be most helpful, if you were specific and precise.  The mod name, version, event that triggered the spin, multiple tests of that specific mod's feature causing the spin, etc... I share these patches so the community can also enjoy these mods without vomit inducing spinning.

Naked Defeat, v.3.0 - v.3.1. Body trembling of the hero in the whipping scene.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:25 PM, Buckandisdead said:

Yeah I this it is set at "first person strict" mode but I will check. As for the 3rd person mode I agree that 1st person mode is the only mode that makes sense but I thought I would test it anyway.

Switching to third person is sometimes very useful. In whipping scenes, for example. Otherwise, nothing is visible.

Wow, there is a lot happening recently thank to Jaydrizzle and Prinyo this is really cool !

One small QOL feature I'd like to suggest for the SL VRIK patch :

So far, SL is what works the best in VR (especially the fixed camera for animation, no matter 1st or 3rd person), but there is a tiny irk left:

As of now, if you wear a restrictive DD, you still need to manually disable VRIK hand and/or posture in VRIK setting to have it displayed properly on your character.

SL VRIK is smart enough to disable VRIK hands and posture during animation, and then re-enable it after the scene. Which is great, except when you already manually disabled it for the above reason.

Could you guys patch SL VRIK so that instead of always re-enabling it, it saves the previous state before disabling it for the scene and then restore the previous state ? So that an already disabled VRIK hand stays disabled afterward.

Does anyone happen to have the source code (.psc) for the fertility mode v3 patch? 

I'm trying to patch FM v3 fixes and updates so that it can work with VR, but I only have the already compiled scripts from the original FM VR patch and can't see the code to patch the updated version. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, JayDrizzle said:

Sorry I was away for a while.  How are you liking VR?  Would love to hear if it replaced flatrim or not.

To your post... A framework like this is far beyond my ability.  I am not knowledgeable enough to know if this is a viable solution.  Would the original mod authors be required to add the modkey parameter to each of their own mods?  Seems like it might be hard to get them onboard.

I'm still playing on LE for the moment because 1) I haven't been able to get VR Skyrim looking as pretty as my current modlist without causing massive frame drops (ENBs really tank my system on VR), and 2) I'm really enjoying this character and I don't want to go through the trauma of porting them over to SE and then to VR.

Once I eventually do get to VR, I'll probably take a stab at making that framework myself. Once it's made it would be pretty easy for other authors to use it, as they would just need to put a few lines of code in their scripts to call the mod events. They wouldn't even need to be developing on SE to add functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been praying for a patch like these for ages. Thanks man! This really improves my VR experience a lot.

Finally, POP is not totally broken. One issue with it, though, which had been there even before the fix, is with the leash. Usually associated with doors (when ordered to enter a prison cell, in particular), the PC often gets stuck in place, the belly stretching outward in whatever direction the PC is supposed to go. Sometimes this can be cancelled by restoring PC controls in ZAZ, sometimes the restore has no effect. It's not game-breaking, as eventually the PC is teleported to the proper position, but it's quite immersion-breaking. Does this happen to you guys as well? Is there a workaround? Could it be because of DD5? (I can't dispose of it too easily).
I also noticed that the furniture in Kalmah's addon for Submissive Lola Resubmission went invisible (while still working) right after applying the fixes (Zaz8 + Vrik, POP, SUM, DD5.1) – I still need to test this, though, I might have easily caused this myself. Too many new mods, and on top of that, I'm also in the process of learning to use MO2, after switching from Vortex. But if anyone else had the same issue...

I can also report that I was getting the super-sensitive thumbstick bug before applying any of the fixes (Rift S). I have it narrowed down to a handful of possible culprits, likely POP or SUM, as it's mentioned here. I learned to deal with it, but it is a hassle.

Lastly, I'd just like to thank you JayDrizzle and all of you guys here, for bringing life to the Skyrim VR experience. As niche as it is, I think it's hands down the best way to experience Skyrim, in particular when involving adult mods. Yet I felt I was quite alone in this view.

JayDrizzle, great respect to you, and don't worry about being humbled by the great modders. If you are not knowledgeable, like you claim, then I am downright ignorant. Yet it doesn't stop me from keeping at it. I specifically design all of my mods to be VR friendly, by trying to just circumvent things that might cause an issue. In a new one I am working on right now, for instance, instead of using a leash (which I wouldn't know how to use anyway), I only use some restraints and a threat of lethal violence, to get the PC to comply. Just as effective, and you never get stuck anywhere...

Keep up the good work! Really looking forward to what's to come.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, APL3 said:

Wow, there is a lot happening recently thank to Jaydrizzle and Prinyo this is really cool !

One small QOL feature I'd like to suggest for the SL VRIK patch :

So far, SL is what works the best in VR (especially the fixed camera for animation, no matter 1st or 3rd person), but there is a tiny irk left:

As of now, if you wear a restrictive DD, you still need to manually disable VRIK hand and/or posture in VRIK setting to have it displayed properly on your character.

SL VRIK is smart enough to disable VRIK hands and posture during animation, and then re-enable it after the scene. Which is great, except when you already manually disabled it for the above reason.

Could you guys patch SL VRIK so that instead of always re-enabling it, it saves the previous state before disabling it for the scene and then restore the previous state ? So that an already disabled VRIK hand stays disabled afterward.

I knew I read this somewhere. I just posted a patch for this in the VR Compatibility thread.

Hi all, and thanks for the patches! 

I was wondering if anyone knew of a post or thread that could help fix a minor issue i have with VRIK/SexLab. 

Ive tried the clean SL, wait, save reload fix a few times, but still the issue persists. 

When I start a SL scene indoors my character position is above, and behind the NPC. Outdoors I teleport above the Giant camp and the scene continues. Ive heard that its papyrus causing it, but I have tried those fixes as well. 

Edit: The animations play normally, just not in correct position. 

Edited by Terrafide
  • 2 weeks later...

After installing SLS for VR, with version .662 beta and the VR bed patch for it, I'm able to start into the game, but I get intermittent freezing about every minute or so, where the world freezes for about 15-20 seconds, and then it starts up again. The Survival MCM does not appear, and while the enforcers/gate guards do, but I can't talk to them for anything SLS related. Resaver shows a ton of instances related to SLS, and I've had similar issue with the SE version, though really only with the bikini curse portion causing the log to build up, not stop me from playing. Currently have SL VR along with the necessary patches, Simply knock with the dll update and papyrusVR overwriting all of those.

aaasfa.JPG

On 8/25/2021 at 5:09 AM, axone_zero said:

Can I get a patch for this mod?

Sent this your way to test.

On 11/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, mistakenbacon said:

Does anyone have a link to a Cursed Loot build that does not require the spin patch? All I can find is the latest version and don't have access to the patch yet

Sent the patch your way to test.

On 11/8/2021 at 4:12 AM, Buckandisdead said:

Hi 

I have been trying Miar's Lair/ sexlab sex slaves mod in seam to get a lot of spinning an bugs when doing the dark possession quest so I was wondering about a patch for this.

Thanks

Buck

I am back to work on SkyrimVR and I will look into this

On 11/5/2021 at 8:33 PM, applesandmayo said:

After installing SLS for VR, with version .662 beta and the VR bed patch for it, I'm able to start into the game, but I get intermittent freezing about every minute or so, where the world freezes for about 15-20 seconds, and then it starts up again. The Survival MCM does not appear, and while the enforcers/gate guards do, but I can't talk to them for anything SLS related. Resaver shows a ton of instances related to SLS, and I've had similar issue with the SE version, though really only with the bikini curse portion causing the log to build up, not stop me from playing. Currently have SL VR along with the necessary patches, Simply knock with the dll update and papyrusVR overwriting all of those.

I read your request in some other threads. I don't know what issue you are having.  I have SL Survival installed with no problems.  I wonder if it is a load order issue or if you are missing some of the requirements.  Make sure you have the SE version of SLS, the Simply Knock DLL hack for VR:

⚠️ Simply Knock SE (Core mod features do not work in VR) But will not CTD with this patch (Get SimplyKnockSE SKSEVR 2.0.10 DLL EXPERIMENTAL) - Useful if a mod requires it ie. Sexlab Survival

The biggest problem is if the SLS MCM is not appearing.  That tells me something is off.  Let me know if you ever got it up and running.  I can look over my 500+ mod list and see if I have anything else that might illuminate the solution.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, gargamel9 said:

eventually the PC is teleported to the proper position, but it's quite immersion-breaking. Does this happen to you guys as well? Is there a workaround?

I do have this as well.  I wonder if pyrino's POC2 patch will help with this.  I can do some testing in a few days, but haven't gotten arrested since I have added it.  I have the teleport time set to the lowest and avoid looking down. ?

Could it be because of DD5?

Nope, like you said it is managed by ZAZ, which is a separate ecosystem than DD.

furniture in Kalmah's addon for Submissive Lola Resubmission went invisible

I wonder if this is related to the animobjects not showing up in VR. (AnimObjects are not showing up in the SexLab Vr Patch.) I don't have Submissive Lola and am not familiar with it.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, l1nkler said:

I just posted a patch for this in the VR Compatibility thread.

I have messaged you about a collaboration here!

On 8/29/2021 at 7:02 AM, unwashed biomass said:

hence my request for lil patch.

Maybe maybe maybe...

I can also report that I was getting the super-sensitive thumbstick bug before applying any of the fixes (Rift S). I have it narrowed down to a handful of possible culprits, likely POP or SUM, as it's mentioned here. I learned to deal with it, but it is a hassle.

I wonder if you are still experiencing this.  I think it is SUM (without my patch), because the first time I experienced it was before I made the patch.  However, it seemed to have gone away both times I noticed it.  I think the updated VR SkyUI resolved it this last time.

JayDrizzle, great respect to you, and don't worry about being humbled by the great modders.

Thanks for the kind words! I will keep them close as I enter the modding arena once again. BTW I can't wait to try your mods (after they get a little farther along as I tend to build a modlist and play for hundreds of hours without touching anything)

1 hour ago, JayDrizzle said:

I wonder if you are still experiencing this.  I think it is SUM (without my patch), because the first time I experienced it was before I made the patch.  However, it seemed to have gone away both times I noticed it.  I think the updated VR SkyUI resolved it this last time.

I'm still not entirely sure SUM is the culprit, yet I have discovered an interesting phenomenon. If you can load your game before the offending mod is activated in the Starting VR menu cave, menus will work normally. If you wait too long, they go to warp speed. Theoretically, I should be able to pin down the exact mod that is doing this, looking at the notifications and loading after one at a time, but I don't have the patience to do that. However, I can reliably get rid of the effect when I load as fast as I can, so it's no longer much of an issue for me.

1 hour ago, JayDrizzle said:

I do have this as well.  I wonder if pyrino's POC2 patch will help with this.  I can do some testing in a few days, but haven't gotten arrested since I have added it.  I have the teleport time set to the lowest and avoid looking down. ?

Thanks for your efforts! I'll be looking forward to the results. Also thanks for the not-looking-down tip. That didn't occur to me, so I'll try. I, too have come to shorten the teleport distance to a minimum. Still, solving this would dramatically improve immersion for me....

Thanks for all the other answers, too!  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 10:59 PM, JayDrizzle said:

I had SUM and POP enabled and thumbsticks worked fine. As soon i enabled patch i had this super sensivity. That being said now i have playroom disabled and sensivity happens when i start new game but after reloading game after first savegame problem dissapears.

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks for your patches. I'm currently testing around with Zaz, and it works really well for devices.

My question is regarding furnitures, I've read the whole topic but maybe I missed it.

Is the PC supposed to get "into" the furniture? Right now on my end, the PC plays the animation where it was standing on activating the furniture, so it doesn't align with the furniture.

Is it the normal patch behaviour or am I missing something?

I'm really sorry if this was explained somewhere but I wasn't able to find it.

Edited by Vegetius
On 1/21/2022 at 6:20 PM, Vegetius said:

Hi and thanks for your patches. I'm currently testing around with Zaz, and it works really well for devices.

My question is regarding furnitures, I've read the whole topic but maybe I missed it.

Is the PC supposed to get "into" the furniture? Right now on my end, the PC plays the animation where it was standing on activating the furniture, so it doesn't align with the furniture.

Is it the normal patch behaviour or am I missing something?

I'm really sorry if this was explained somewhere but I wasn't able to find it.

Yes this is know.  The issue is both the patches and VRIK fault.  The patches make it evident (because you can now interact with VRIK and the furniture) but the issue is with VRIK

Spoiler

When developing the ZAZ item and furniture VRIK patch we learned from prog (creator of VRIK) that there are some offsets in the .dll that will mess up furniture alignment.  There could be manual offsets created but there will be fighting between where VRIK says the PC should be and where the patches are.  Ultimately, it was more of a headache than worth and we dropped it. 

You might notice that some ZAZ furniture is fine, others only have slight rotations misalignments, and some cause violent shaking.  I think it would take looking at each furniture item mesh, its orientations, and patching for each one.  This would be a huge pain because we could not change the meshes to orient in the same direction, because mod authors have already hand placed them in a whole slew of other mods.  This would bork the furniture positions within those mods. The other issue is that some of the ZAZ furniture is never used or hardly used in the LL ecosystem and efforts would hardly wield worthwhile results.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, Jenova23 said:

Would anyone please be able to tell me why this is happening when I sit in a chair? I uploaded a video to show exactly what happens.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/186533-creation-kit-vr-chair-camera-issues-video-included/

Looks different than the typical VR camera spin.  Reminds me of the jerking that happens with select furniture from the ZAZ furniture patch. What VR patches have you installed? Did this occur before any of these patches? Does it happen with other furniture? Have you tried pyrino's POC2 patch? Need more info

For the the love of Talos:

I have done a quick test and it works with SexLabVR!  You hands will now "push" or "pull" people you are animated with.

If you push them too far from their starting animation position, it may break the PC out of the animation (still testing).  The 3rd person clone of the PC will not be interactive, as per my first pass.  I only did a first pass does it break the animation and there are plenty more features/settings to test.

You need the most up to date HIGGS: (v1.5)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43930/

Then Planck:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/66025\

Note that this is HIGHLY Beta and is getting updated every few hours.  However, it is a SKSE plugin and doesn't need to go against any of your mod count.  It can instantly and safety be added, removed, and updated to any modlist (similar to all .dll only plugins)

So test away!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a new enslavement mod, where, at some point, AI takes over control over the player, and this all works fine in SE, using a scene, an AI package and the SetPlayerAIdriven(true)/SetPlayerAIdriven(false) function, but in VR this cause the Player avatar (in VRIK) to spaghettify, as if the head were locked in place, while the rest of the body wants to obey the AI package. I have observed this exact same behavior in POP and it still happens even with the spin fix patch. I've also tried uninstalling VRIK completely, in which case there is obviously no spaghettification, but the player is still locked in place, and occasionally teleports (teleporting happens with VRIK, too, but is unreliable in both cases), so this doesn't seem to be a VRIK issue, but rather an issue with the SetPlayerAIdriven() function itself. I might add, that I did this with and without using Game.DisablePlayerControls().
Does anyone have any intel how to fix this? Or could you please point me to a script where AI control over the PC actually works in VR?
Many thanks! 

• 1 month later...