SkyrimVR Patches - VRIK Integrations for ZAZ/DD, camera spinning fixes, & other QOL patches

So I got the spin in Slaverun. I believe it had something to do with slaves being fair game if a npc male who's arousal level is high enough will take you right there on the street. 

it was in the very first part where you have to walk up to Dragonsreach from the front gate to meet with the head slavers.

Also crashing when I try to enter Dragonsreach so I will have to check further.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, powergame214 said:

So I got the spin in Slaverun. I believe it had something to do with slaves being fair game if a npc male who's arousal level is high enough will take you right there on the street. 

it was in the very first part where you have to walk up to Dragonsreach from the front gate to meet with the head slavers.

Also crashing when I try to enter Dragonsreach so I will have to check further.

Download the ZAZ no spin patch again. I found a setvehicle in a a script that I failed to fix before.  Test again with the newest version.

As a confirmation: You have ZAZ 8+ and the Newest ZAZ No - Spin Patch.  The Patch should be overwriting ZAZ in your Mod Organizer.  Once again I couldn't find setVehicle in Slaverun so I can't see how it is causing spin.  I am 98% sure ZAZ is causing it and the newest no spin patch should fix it.  Please confirm.

The CTD might be from DD5.1 Do you have the patch for to make it compatible with DD5?  I can't verify if it works as I am still on DD4.x

PS I also added VRIK support to the ZAZ devices that are supposed to bind your hands. No more invisible hands when in arm bender and hands are now bound in yoke and cuffs until you get them off. Enjoy!

so I have the DCL-DD-ZaZ HDP-SMP and other patches one and DDHOTFIX which is what I am told is needed to run DD in VR

Also you mention a Cursed Loot no spin patch but I don't see it on your downloads. Is it now bundled with DD?

I took out Slaverun and started a new game which has fixed most of the crashes. I may make a profile stripped down to only run the requirements for Slaverun and try it again sometime but for now its not worth the hassle to get it running. I like the mod, but like they said, its not for a serious play through.

15 hours ago, powergame214 said:

so I have the DCL-DD-ZaZ HDP-SMP and other patches one and DDHOTFIX which is what I am told is needed to run DD in VR

Also you mention a Cursed Loot no spin patch but I don't see it on your downloads. Is it now bundled with DD?

I took out Slaverun and started a new game which has fixed most of the crashes. I may make a profile stripped down to only run the requirements for Slaverun and try it again sometime but for now its not worth the hassle to get it running. I like the mod, but like they said, its not for a serious play through.

I sent you the DCL patch.  Test and let me know if it works and I will share it with the community.  I don't have DCL 9 on my current play through, so I haven't tested it.  Still rockin 6.4.  The patch is needed for the newer versions with some spanking scene.

However, I don't think the slaverun spin you had would have been from DCL.  DCL is not a requirement for slaverun.  Unless DCL was firing off some scripts during a slaverun scene.  The only DCL script that had the setvehicle was for some spanking thing.  Perhaps the citizens of Whiterun thought you qualified for whatever the DCL conditions for spanking are?

I run slaverun but it is mostly a giant stick not to get defeated and sold into slavery.  Fortunately, I have been able to avoid that fate.  It might also be the tragic end to the play through if it is a borked mod.

13 hours ago, jmspamerton said:

Will these also fix the spinning bugs in CPU's follow me for sex?

I have never used this mod but I took a look at it.  I sent you a test patch in a DM.  Test every aspect of it and let me know.  There might be a slight spin.  It is necessary to align actors and get the scene set up.

There were 40 calls for SetVehicle in this script.  This is also the hardest type of setVehicle to patch.  Some mods just use it as another way to prevent the PC from moving. CPU is using it here as a location marker to set the scene up for multiple actors.  Therefore, I will leave it as is to execute the location setup then disable it shortly after.  As I said, I have not used this mod and am unfamiliar with how it works.  There are 'targets' and 'sources' for scenes.  Would the PC always be one or the other in this mod?  For the patch I sent you I set both to SetVehicle(None) after initial setup.  However, it might work better if I could just do that with one actor. 

Let us know if that patch allowed you to use the mod in VR!

On 4/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, JayDrizzle said:

PS I also added VRIK support to the ZAZ devices that are supposed to bind your hands. No more invisible hands when in arm bender and hands are now bound in yoke and cuffs until you get them off. Enjoy!

I misspoke. I was prattling off in excitement, but not from a place of knowledge.  I guess I was eager to build momentum for advancing the SLVR banner. 

I tried my hand at VRIK integration with ZAZ, had partial success, but mostly failed.  I feel a bit like a less arrogant, but equally ignorant, Stryngpool from The Gold Ribbon of Merit.  After my partial attempt, I am left in awe at the competence of true modders. I apologize for any false hope built around my statements about VRIK integration with ZAZ. I will leave that mantle down and heavy lifting to those who are more capable.  My attention will be focused on my loading screen mod, the No Spin patches, and the VR compatibility thread.

Although it is a bit immersion breaking, I do recommend opening the MCM and toggling the bools for VRIK arms/hands when wrist bound or in furniture. Depending on the length, it can be worth it for the great effect.  Hopefully someone with the right ability can stoop, mend, & raise that banner with better tools than I.

Edit: read next post!

ZAZ8+ and DD5 now have VRIK support for furniture and ZAZ has it for devices.  Praise should be directed entirely to @candriver1 for coding and @prinyo for assisting. 

Kinda worried about what I got myself into:

Spoiler

enb2021_5_4_10_00_30.png.7a29948dc67ab47983aa44dd6792ae7b.png

No more meshless hands and noddle arms when they should be bound in devices or furniture.  Massive QOL for a devious SkyrimVR!

Equipped device support (armbenders/yoke/etc) for DD5 and DD4 might also be possible with further testing.

I suggest to upload the patch as it's own mod. For example named "ZAZ/DD VR patch". And under that there can e be the files like "ZAZ 7 VR patch", "ZAZ 8+ VR patch" and others if ZAZ/DD related. This will make it easy to find, easy to understand what is what, easy to link to in tutorials.

I thought it would be best if all the VR patches are located in one place.  However, anyone can chime in here though.

I get what you mean that a title or having to read the mod description might loose some people.  I am worried about littering the download page with several patches for disparate mods that are only for VR.  It seems to me that all the patches have a commonality... they are for VR.  I feel as if having all the patches for VR located in one place would actually help for tutorials targeted for VR users.  A user might discover a VR patch for a mod that they added outside of a basic tutorial.  I have tried to clarify mods with their versioning on the mod description and download page.  They should easily be searchable.

My vision is that the page would be similar to DBF, OsmelMC, Monoman's etc but rather be focused on unifying VR Patches.  It is not focused on me or my parlor like those mentioned.  I have openly admitted and repeated several times... I am more of a cheerleader for VR and not a god tier modder.  Here is a place for a cathedral approach.  If someone comes and mentions one work around, patches one mod for GetCurrentCrosshairRef(), or like @candriver1 catapults ZAZ and DD integrations; they can all be centralized and not lost.  There is also room for contributors to slide back into lurking if they want a break.

I was really inspired by the ease of the SE compatibility tracking thread and made the VR version.  I felt like we needed something for VR so users could see what works and find patches relatively clearly. 

Thoughts?

BTW what ever happened to this work on GetCurrentCrosshairRef()?

• JayDrizzle changed the title to SkyrimVR Patches - VRIK Integrations for ZAZ/DD, camera spinning fixes, & other QOL patches
1 hour ago, Buckandisdead said:

Great mod

Just wondering but I find the lock height to body option adds to my gameplay but it keeps coming disabled just wondering if there is any fix

Thanks 

When does this happen? After SL scene, on reloading game, after sitting in a chair, etc  This will help troubleshoot.

BTW I noticed by your comment timeline you had some other bugs in VR.

You commented here about head spin with zaz or pop.  There are patches here for ZAZ, POP, and  SUM.  Report back if they help.

You also commented here about a problem with troubles of a heroine bugging out in VR during the Model Show quest dance scene.  Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Thanks!

19 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

When does this happen? After SL scene, on reloading game, after sitting in a chair, etc  This will help troubleshoot.

BTW I noticed by your comment timeline you had some other bugs in VR.

You commented here about head spin with zaz or pop.  There are patches here for ZAZ, POP, and  SUM.  Report back if they help.

You also commented here about a problem with troubles of a heroine bugging out in VR during the Model Show quest dance scene.  Can you elaborate what you mean by that?

Thanks!

Thanks JayDrizzzle

Sorry I am a bit terrible with keeping track of what I have and have not replied to on forums. The head spin patches have definitely help loads but I am not using troubles of a heroine or interactive bdsm at the moment so have not retried them with the patches.

Many using submissive lola at the moment which seams to work well with zaz patch but as I said the look height to body works well when kneeling etc but it sometimes becomes unchecked. I will have a play and keep an eye on when this happens

Many thanks 

1 hour ago, Buckandisdead said:

Thanks JayDrizzzle

Sorry I am a bit terrible with keeping track of what I have and have not replied to on forums. The head spin patches have definitely help loads but I am not using troubles of a heroine or interactive bdsm at the moment so have not retried them with the patches.

Many using submissive lola at the moment which seams to work well with zaz patch but as I said the look height to body works well when kneeling etc but it sometimes becomes unchecked. I will have a play and keep an eye on when this happens

Many thanks 

Playing a bit more looks like it disables itself after sexlab

4 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

Thanks JayDrizzzle

Many thanks 

Glad the patches helped.  Was it a camera spin that was happening on Troubles of Heroine dance scene? 

2 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

Playing a bit more looks like it disables itself after sexlab

I wonder something... I have DMed you something to test.

19 minutes ago, JayDrizzle said:

Glad the patches helped.  Was it a camera spin that was happening on Troubles of Heroine dance scene? 

I wonder something... I have DMed you something to test.

On the Troubles of a Heroine I kind of floated to the air and got stuck then sometimes had a body flopping bellow me if I remember correctley

13 hours ago, powergame214 said:

VRIK resets to default after a Sexlab encounter or when you first load the game. Not sure anything will fix this but it would be nice if there was a way to set up a "default" setting so you wouldn't have to reset those after every scene

This was my followup question for @Buckandisdead.  I thought that the resetting could be from the patches, as there is a reset that happens... or most likely just sexlabVR resetting things. In a DM this was the response:

It looks like when a fix height to body gets ticked when a sexlab animation starts then it is unticked afterwards.

So it is not related to these patches per se, but rather after any sexlab scene. If the setting defaults in SexLabVR is a request it should go in that thread.  Note that it might not be picked up, as the last update was not for some time.

2 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

This was my followup question for @Buckandisdead.  I thought that the resetting could be from the patches, as there is a reset that happens... or most likely just sexlabVR resetting things. In a DM this was the response:

So it is not related to these patches per se, but rather after any sexlab scene. If the setting defaults in SexLabVR is a request it should go in that thread.  Note that it might not be picked up, as the last update was not for some time.

Not sure if it is a sexlab thing or a possible nother set of patches for zaz so that when a zaz pose is triggered in say submissive lol to kneel or pop to get down the "lock height to body" in vrik should be triggered like in sexlab.

Thanks for the help again 

4 hours ago, Buckandisdead said:

Not sure if it is a sexlab thing or a possible nother set of patches for zaz so that when a zaz pose is triggered in say submissive lol to kneel or pop to get down the "lock height to body" in vrik should be triggered like in sexlab.

Sounds like it is time for me to get into trouble again.  I really try to stay away from prison with POP installed.  I will test getting arrested tomorrow to trigger the zaz pose and see what you mean.

This can be reproduced in the ZAZ test room. Put some cuffs and then via the ZAZ menu test some animation. It plays in a strange sort of "3rd person" mode. haven't seen it in other mods. But anyway, the animations that ZAZ sends is the next logical step in the patching I think.

Ah yes... now I know what you are talking about.  Like I mentioned before, I have not been hog tied in quite a while. ?  I would have to say that even with the punishing mods like SexLab Survival tolls, Devious Followers dues, and random bounties from Prison Overhaul Patched; I am a decent Skyrim player capable of earning enough keep myself out of trouble. 

When I followed @prinyo's suggestion and was hogtied via the ZAZ mcm it stuck me.  This is something that I have seen before I made my first no spin patch. I played VR a long time before I was ever arrested and this happened (along with the spinning and no VRIK bound hands).  You can see yourself this is not caused by any of these patches.  It existed before and can be added to the list of Soon

Test this yourself by uninstalling the ZAZ Patch and do the same: Cuff yourself in the zaz test chamber ("coc zbfTestCell"), select a pose for ZAZ>Test Animation that is kneeling, hogtie, or laying? and you will see it.  BTW, there will be no spin because it is activated in the test MCM, without the mod calling for the PinActor(), that uses SetVehicle(), that starts the spin, (that ZAZ VRIK No Spin Patch fixes).  whew~

I am sure there is probably a way to patch like in the SetPose() or where kneeing, laying,etc poses are called, or something... BUT I already got waaayyy too high today to attempt parsing code.  I want to frolic through Skyrim marshlands trying to find new monsters from the great Demonic Creatures mod! ~ Plus ~ I just starting playing with SteamVR worldscale and everything looks so different... so big... kinda scary!

On 5/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, Buckandisdead said:

For some reason, editing a post is causing LL to post two.  Any who...

I just remembered that Defeat will do the same thing.  If player as victim is enabled and the PC is on the ground, post assault, they will also be contorted with the camera at player height. 

Or as @Buckandisdead put it:

body flopping bellow me

I believe this is the same as ZAZ>animation test>floor animations and probably same with sub lola, etc.  Is it the patches? No. But.  Maybe Defeat is calling on a taboo zaz pose?  Is this just ZAZ? Is it only certain poses?

This "floating" might be a similar issue between these different mods that utilize a particular line of code or a zaz call, that breaks VRIK.  Or might be different for each mod.  I hope it is the former and they can all be easily fixed like the No Spin - SetVehicle business.  If it is the latter they need individual solutions... kinda like when GetCrosshairReference() is used within a script and not the MCM.  The getcrosshair when sent to the MCM issue has already been wonderfully fixed with @prinyo's mod here and here.  When the getcrosshair is couched within the mod's scripts like SLS and not sent to the MCM, it needs a personalized solution. 

If the issues are all different between mods, it will have to wait.  It seems like a small bug compared to the camera spin that rendered my favorite mod to hate nonfunctional.  We all have to learn to tolerate a few oddities while modding Skyrim. ?

I should probably state here, now, that I plan on stepping away from all technology for a while.  I promise I will return.  Every year I take a prolonged trip and completely unplug for several weeks.  Although I am a tech enthusiast and VR evangelist, I also appreciate time away.  I will leave in a week and a half (5/25) and don't want to be mid-development.  Currently, I am trying to solidify that everything is in order with the compatibility thread and these patches.  I am queasy about starting anything new after I just got the SLS Bed patch working.  By all means if someone finds the solution before I leave or before my return, share it ...or wait... or whatever you want really.  Or if you if you make a patch, I will gladly post it here and give credit.  Or I can link to your new patch page. (each patch here has the source code if they need merged)

I'll still be updating the compatibility thread before I leave, but mostly playing Skyrim as much as I can.

Here is a small patch to play with. It is a Proof Of Concept and it will make the animations started via the ZAZ MCM menu obey the VRIK settings of SexLab.

ZAZ8+animPOC1.7z

How to use:

1. Equip some cuffs

2. Open the MCM menu of ZAZ, go down to animation tests and select animation to test.

3. Change the VRIK options in the Sex Lab MCM and choose another (or the same) ZAZ animation. And so on.

4. Just reload the save when you are done, there is no other way to exit the test.

5. Let me know what you think