Creation Kit VR Chair Camera Issues (Video Included)

Does anyone know why this is happening? I am playing Skyrim VR and for some reason some chairs in my mod don't. I don't know if it has to do with the distance at which the chairs are being placed? I basically just duplicated a chair and added a script that triggers the next scene once the chair is activated.

Script

Scriptname QF_NA_MQ_Wolf_PartyPlayerSit extends ObjectReference  

ObjectReference Property ChairMarkerREF  Auto  

Actor Property PlayerRef  Auto  

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

if akActionRef == PlayerREF

ChairMarkerREF.Activate(PlayerREF)

NA_MQ_Wolf_Party.SetStage(10)

endif

EndEvent
Quest Property NA_MQ_Wolf_Party  Auto  

image.png.9ac6405346f598f37e38ad373893688f.png

Edited by Jenova23
  • Jenova23 changed the title to Creation Kit VR Chair Camera Issues (Video Included)
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

I'm hoping this thread has not died the death?  I got the dreadful spin with the mod "A Skyrim Kiss".  Unfortunately the scripts have no source supplied.

May I leave a request to see if this can be patched?

Thanks.

If the script sources help you figure this out then you can decompile pex files with this: Champollion V1_0_1 64 bits-35307-1-0-1

It's old, but it still works. There may be alternatives, if not, and you can't find it then hit me up, I have the original file.

36 minutes ago, traison said:
36 minutes ago, traison said:

If the script sources help you figure this out then you can decompile pex files with this: Champollion V1_0_1 64 bits-35307-1-0-1

It's old, but it still works. There may be alternatives, if not, and you can't find it then hit me up, I have the original file.

Thank you!  I remember that and might have it handy, though I'm rubbish with scripts!

Aha - found it and ran it. Thanks, I can work on these now!

And this is the problem script

_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc

But I'm out of abilities now. Are you able to amend this? Or is it a simple task I can do?

Edited by Bluegunk

To me this entire thing looks more like a conflict of mods or incompatible/custom animations. My first suspicion would not be a script file. In the original video the player is just sitting down on what seems like a vanilla chair. So unless that is broken by default, which I doubt, I'd start by looking for mods that replace the sitting animation. If that's not a thing then suspect #2 is any camera mod. Mods that make camera movement smoother, alters its position or whatever. Suspect #3 is things that mess with the skeleton or nioverrides such as high heels. Stuff like that.

The script you sent seems to just use SendAnimationEvent calls. As far as I know that is the "wrong" but commonly used way to play animations. Sitting on a chair like the OP did I doubt has anything to do with that function. There's some other common thing causing issues here.

OMG I'm an idiot. I posted in the wrong thread!!

I thought I was in the VRIK Animation patching thread here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17253-skyrimvr-patches-vrik-integrations-for-zazdd-camera-spinning-fixes-other-qol-patches/.

How did I get here?!

I am so sorry. Please ignore my posts but many thanks for the Champollion reminder. I can port this over to the correct thread and go from there.

Edited by Bluegunk