Guest Posted March 13, 2022 Posted March 13, 2022 Does anyone know why this is happening? I am playing Skyrim VR and for some reason some chairs in my mod don't. I don't know if it has to do with the distance at which the chairs are being placed? I basically just duplicated a chair and added a script that triggers the next scene once the chair is activated. Script Scriptname QF_NA_MQ_Wolf_PartyPlayerSit extends ObjectReference ObjectReference Property ChairMarkerREF Auto Actor Property PlayerRef Auto Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef) if akActionRef == PlayerREF ChairMarkerREF.Activate(PlayerREF) NA_MQ_Wolf_Party.SetStage(10) endif EndEvent Quest Property NA_MQ_Wolf_Party Auto Skyrim VR 2022-03-12 18-50-11.mp4
Bluegunk Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 I'm hoping this thread has not died the death? I got the dreadful spin with the mod "A Skyrim Kiss". Unfortunately the scripts have no source supplied. May I leave a request to see if this can be patched? Thanks.
traison Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 27 minutes ago, Bluegunk said: I'm hoping this thread has not died the death? I got the dreadful spin with the mod "A Skyrim Kiss". Unfortunately the scripts have no source supplied. May I leave a request to see if this can be patched? Thanks. If the script sources help you figure this out then you can decompile pex files with this: Champollion V1_0_1 64 bits-35307-1-0-1 It's old, but it still works. There may be alternatives, if not, and you can't find it then hit me up, I have the original file.
Bluegunk Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 36 minutes ago, traison said: 36 minutes ago, traison said: If the script sources help you figure this out then you can decompile pex files with this: Champollion V1_0_1 64 bits-35307-1-0-1 It's old, but it still works. There may be alternatives, if not, and you can't find it then hit me up, I have the original file. Thank you! I remember that and might have it handy, though I'm rubbish with scripts! Aha - found it and ran it. Thanks, I can work on these now! And this is the problem script _HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc But I'm out of abilities now. Are you able to amend this? Or is it a simple task I can do?
traison Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 To me this entire thing looks more like a conflict of mods or incompatible/custom animations. My first suspicion would not be a script file. In the original video the player is just sitting down on what seems like a vanilla chair. So unless that is broken by default, which I doubt, I'd start by looking for mods that replace the sitting animation. If that's not a thing then suspect #2 is any camera mod. Mods that make camera movement smoother, alters its position or whatever. Suspect #3 is things that mess with the skeleton or nioverrides such as high heels. Stuff like that. The script you sent seems to just use SendAnimationEvent calls. As far as I know that is the "wrong" but commonly used way to play animations. Sitting on a chair like the OP did I doubt has anything to do with that function. There's some other common thing causing issues here.
Bluegunk Posted September 13, 2022 Posted September 13, 2022 OMG I'm an idiot. I posted in the wrong thread!! I thought I was in the VRIK Animation patching thread here: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/17253-skyrimvr-patches-vrik-integrations-for-zazdd-camera-spinning-fixes-other-qol-patches/. How did I get here?! I am so sorry. Please ignore my posts but many thanks for the Champollion reminder. I can port this over to the correct thread and go from there.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.