SkyrimVR Patches - VRIK Integrations for ZAZ/DD, camera spinning fixes, & other QOL patches

On 7/4/2022 at 2:52 AM, Odise said:

How hard is it to make a no spin patch for a converted mod? I'm looking at I'll Take the Display Model. Any of the player involved animations cause the dreaded spinning.

What mod are you referring to, specifically?
This one? 

That one is LE and the author specifically states that it's impossible to port to SE, o it's safe to assume it won't work in VR.
The author seems to be working on an SE version, but no download I could find.
Or are you referring to another mod entirely?

On 7/4/2022 at 3:52 AM, Odise said:

How hard is it to make a no spin patch for a converted mod? I'm looking at I'll Take the Display Model. Any of the player involved animations cause the dreaded spinning.

Try to use non-converted SE version (currently in beta). I looked into sources - LE v206 does contain "SetVehicle" instruction, so SE converted from it should have it too. But SE v3 beta doesn't contain SetVehicle, so should be theoretically safe, and it's native SE (of course, it can have some other bugs in VR, I didn't test it).

5 hours ago, gargamel9 said:

What mod are you referring to, specifically?
This one? 

That one is LE and the author specifically states that it's impossible to port to SE, o it's safe to assume it won't work in VR.
The author seems to be working on an SE version, but no download I could find.
Or are you referring to another mod entirely?

Yes this is the one I was referring to and I actually was talking with the Author on discord. I ran it through CAO and resaved the LE with Creation Kit. It runs in VR like that with everything functional except for the camera deathspin during player involved animations.

3 hours ago, DeWired said:

Try to use non-converted SE version (currently in beta). I looked into sources - LE v206 does contain "SetVehicle" instruction, so SE converted from it should have it too. But SE v3 beta doesn't contain SetVehicle, so should be theoretically safe, and it's native SE (of course, it can have some other bugs in VR, I didn't test it).

The Beta on Github is the first thing I tried. It attempts to auto detect all of its required mod installations and then, when it can't find them, (because you are running the VR versions of those mods,) it gives you a ton of error windows in game and doesn't work if you try to place anything.

Edited by Odise
14 hours ago, Odise said:

The Beta on Github is the first thing I tried. It attempts to auto detect all of its required mod installations and then, when it can't find them, (because you are running the VR versions of those mods,) it gives you a ton of error windows in game and doesn't work if you try to place anything.

Hm. Try beta with this patch, it should theoretically detect mods properly. I guess problem was not in VR versions but in SKSE VR lacking function used to check if mod are installed. All numerical version checks VR mods should pass.

EDIT: failed attempt, logic checks were flipped, removed patch.

Edited by DeWired
On 7/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, DeWired said:

Hm. Try beta with this patch, it should theoretically detect mods properly. I guess problem was not in VR versions but in SKSE VR lacking function used to check if mod are installed. All numerical version checks VR mods should pass.

Seemed like a good attempt but it still doesn't work. Display Model beta doesn't recognize UIExtensions, SkyUI or even Racemenu. It doesn't show any of the devices in the craftables menu and even if you pull them with console and try to use them it gives a "Device Activator not Found" error.

Edited by Odise
7 hours ago, Odise said:

Seemed like a good attempt but it still doesn't work. Display Model beta doesn't recognize UIExtensions, SkyUI or even Racemenu. It doesn't show any of the devices in the craftables menu and even if you pull them with console and try to use them it gives a "Device Activator not Found" error.

Oops. Unintentionally flipped logic for checks ?

display_model_VR_patch.zip

15 hours ago, DeWired said:

Oops. Unintentionally flipped logic for checks ?

display_model_VR_patch.zip 28.17 kB · 1 download

Thanks for all the effort DeWired but I'm still unsure how possible it is. This patch let the player place some of the furniture without getting errors, and after adding the book(which isn't mentioned clearly on Github) I was able to talk to NPC's with the extra options. The function to assign an npc to a device doesn't work as there's no option or keybind that seems to do it. You can however just order a follower into the furniture and they'll use it. So that's not entirely useless.

I think one of the big ones now is it's not recognizing consoleutilVR in this particular iteration.

Edited by Odise
9 hours ago, Odise said:

Thanks for all the effort DeWired but I'm still unsure how possible it is. This patch let the player place some of the furniture without getting errors, and after adding the book(which isn't mentioned clearly on Github) I was able to talk to NPC's with the extra options. The function to assign an npc to a device doesn't work as there's no option or keybind that seems to do it. You can however just order a follower into the furniture and they'll use it. So that's not entirely useless.

I think one of the big ones now is it's not recognizing consoleutilVR in this particular iteration.

Huh. Well, I'll need to look deeper into the code for that (and probably actually install the mod, because I'm not familiar with v3, last Display Model that I used was in LE a few years back). In theory, keybinds can be replaced/augmented by VRIK gestures, so not a problem. But what do you mean, ConsoleUtilVR isn't recognized?

8 hours ago, DeWired said:

Huh. Well, I'll need to look deeper into the code for that (and probably actually install the mod, because I'm not familiar with v3, last Display Model that I used was in LE a few years back). In theory, keybinds can be replaced/augmented by VRIK gestures, so not a problem. But what do you mean, ConsoleUtilVR isn't recognized?

In the first patch ConsoleUtil was one of the only things it recognized but in the latest one you linked, it's not getting recognized by the mod.

1 hour ago, Odise said:

In the first patch ConsoleUtil was one of the only things it recognized but in the latest one you linked, it's not getting recognized by the mod.

So, as to simplify checks (boolean logic requires more thinking that I have available right now), I made this patch incompatible with SE. And if I'm going this way, why not to add some bindings?.. So, there should be 3 VRIK bindings - assign NPC, cancel assignment, and struggle. I guess they need first be assigned to some gestures of your choice. There's a question of device grab and placement, but I don't think that flatrim way of doing it is right in VR. So, if it doesn't work - it requires more thinking.

display_model_VR_patch.zip

On 7/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, DeWired said:

So, as to simplify checks (boolean logic requires more thinking that I have available right now), I made this patch incompatible with SE. And if I'm going this way, why not to add some bindings?.. So, there should be 3 VRIK bindings - assign NPC, cancel assignment, and struggle. I guess they need first be assigned to some gestures of your choice. There's a question of device grab and placement, but I don't think that flatrim way of doing it is right in VR. So, if it doesn't work - it requires more thinking.

display_model_VR_patch.zip 63.31 kB · 3 downloads

Sorry, I have limited time to test things this week but I did get it running for a little bit. All the VIRIK bindings work great and placements of devices seems smoother. However, now NPC's don't actually pose for the device and instead just stand inside it "locked in."

EDIT YEARS LATER: Just make a dummy esp named ConsoleUtilVR.esp and put it higher on the load order than display model. Then Dewired's patch will work fine.

Edited by Odise
On 7/7/2022 at 7:41 PM, DeWired said:

display_model_VR_patch.zip 63.31 kB · 4 downloads

On 7/8/2022 at 7:52 PM, Odise said:

Sorry, I have limited time to test things this week but I did get it running for a little bit. All the VIRIK bindings work great and placements of devices seems smoother. However, now NPC's don't actually pose for the device and instead just stand inside it "locked in."

Same here. NPC just standing in place of device, and device turn insivible. Tested on one device currently thou.

2 hours ago, unwashed biomass said:

Same here. NPC just standing in place of device, and device turn insivible. Tested on one device currently thou.

Yeah, I think I would need to actually install this mod and look at it in game to make further progress. So either someone else should continue this, or I would - but I really don't know when..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 11:50 PM, lord_recoil said:

Any chance we could see a Patch for "Follow Me For Sex" when I ask an NPC to Cum On Me, I start spinning wildly when the animation starts.

Could you try the one I shared in the post above?

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if a scripter can assist me please? 

I'd like to patch the "A Skyrim Kiss" mod.  It has the dreaded spinning.

I've decompiled the offending script for the PSC but not being a scripter I am not sure how to proceed.  Here's the PSC:

_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc

It's a great mod and would be fantastic in VR!  I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

Edited by Bluegunk
1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

I wonder if a scripter can assist me please? 

I'd like to patch the "A Skyrim Kiss" mod.  It has the dreaded spinning.

I've decompiled the offending script for the PSC but not being a scripter I am not sure how to proceed.  Here's the PSC:

_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc 21.46 kB · 0 downloads

It's a great mod and would be fantastic in VR!  I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

Try this.

Disclaimer: 1) I made this based on analysis of one patch file from the original patch author. 2) I don't know anything about this issue, or the fix. 3) I do not have Skyrim VR. 4) I did not compile the modified script to test it.

@JayDrizzle If it works and you approve of the changes, feel free to incorporate it in the patch and call it your own.

Spoiler

454d453
<             ActorFemale.SetVehicle(none) ; Spin fix
463d461
<             ActorMale.SetVehicle(none) ; Spin fix
678d675
687d683

_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc

4 minutes ago, traison said:

Try this.

Disclaimer: 1) I made this based on analysis of one patch file from the original patch author. 2) I don't know anything about this issue, or the fix. 3) I do not have Skyrim VR. 4) I did not compile the modified script to test it.

@JayDrizzle If it works and you approve of the changes, feel free to incorporate it in the patch and call it your own.

Reveal hidden contents

454d453
463d461
678d675
687d683

_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc 21.63 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks! You followed me over from my chair disaster. I'll give this a try and let you know  ASAP.

37 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

Thanks! You followed me over from my chair disaster. I'll give this a try and let you know  ASAP.

Drat, didn't compile:

2022-09-13 15:21:15,559 [ERRO] COMPILATION FAILED: Source\_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc(67,1): variable actorutil is undefined
2022-09-13 15:21:15,559 [ERRO] COMPILATION FAILED: Source\_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc(67,11): none is not a known user-defined type

44 minutes ago, Bluegunk said:

Drat, didn't compile:

2022-09-13 15:21:15,559 [ERRO] COMPILATION FAILED: Source\_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc(67,1): variable actorutil is undefined
2022-09-13 15:21:15,559 [ERRO] COMPILATION FAILED: Source\_HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc(67,11): none is not a known user-defined type

Actorutil is from some 3rd party mod. You need to check the requirements for the original mod (of _HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc). If that one does not contain source files, then it's time to decompile again. You basically need ActorUtil.psc, whatever that is.

Edit: I have ActorUtil from PapyrusUtils. You missing that mod, or are the script sources in the wrong directory?

Edited by traison
1 hour ago, traison said:

Actorutil is from some 3rd party mod. You need to check the requirements for the original mod (of _HA_GhostHugAbilityMagEffScript.psc). If that one does not contain source files, then it's time to decompile again. You basically need ActorUtil.psc, whatever that is.

Edit: I have ActorUtil from PapyrusUtils. You missing that mod, or are the script sources in the wrong directory?

Thanks!

I have PapyrusUtil (VR) on board and active.

I'll try another compile - just let me try something...