Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Gender & Beast Compatibility  

2,682 members have voted

1. 1. When I play with SLaVE & Toys, if well supported, I would prefer playing as a...

• Female
    • Male
    • Orc, Khajit, or Argonian
    • Futa
    • Something not listed here
  2. 2. This is most important...

• Quantity of toys that work for my character
    • Always perfect animations for my gender
    • Correct context for the story and text/dialogue

• VirginMarie changed the title to Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE & LE

Spoiler

The Workout Plugs are a toy found in Toys Chaotic Toy Box (comes with Toys). This mod uses that asset, renaming it and doing some different effects. So essentially we are talking about something in Toys.

It is widely available and has been used by hundreds, maybe thousands, and you are the first to report that it CTDs.

1. If you Start a New Game, just for testing purposes, and equip it, does it CTD?
    • If NO, you've proven your save is corrupt, the toy is not the cause, its just the trigger. See golden rule for more about corrupt saves
    • If Yes, it still CTDs, please answer the following and we can look deeper
  2. When you first added Toys to your load order (first installed Toys), did you start a new game?
  3. Please run the Toys MCM - Installation Test (on the first tab). Does it fail?
  4. Let me see your Papyrus Log for a game session where you recreate the problem CTD on a new game. There's a how to get the Papyrus Log in the FAQs if you need it

Thanks for the reply ! I should have thought to try a new game first.

1) I started a new game, used the console to add both the virgin and the toys workout plug to my inventory. Just mousing over either of them in the inventory view crashes the game.

2) I started a few games in the course of my mod setup. My current save started after the toys installation but I can't remember in which order I installed each mod.

3) test successful

4) here's a log going from a new game to the crash.

I conclude that there is probably something wrong with my Toys installation and I should reinstall it from scratch.

Papyrus.1.log

25 minutes ago, fd05 said:

Thanks for the reply ! I should have thought to try a new game first.

1) I started a new game, used the console to add both the virgin and the toys workout plug to my inventory. Just mousing over either of them in the inventory view crashes the game.

2) I started a few games in the course of my mod setup. My current save started after the toys installation but I can't remember in which order I installed each mod.

3) test successful

4) here's a log going from a new game to the crash.

The log is pretty clean. Just one main case of a mod not well...

Spoiler

MM_BeluaSangunaireRevisited.esp mod is complainting lots, but I don't think its related, unless its a case of a mod you think is not installed, but is still there.

[02/10/2022 - 07:32:32PM] ERROR: File "MM_BeluaSangunaireRevisited.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

SLaVE 8.2 requires Toys 1.7+

... but you are running Toys v1.6

... thus you are getting several errors.

I get that from the entries in your log that follow.

Spoiler

[02/10/2022 - 07:31:55PM] [*TOYS] Load Game Init - Toys v1.6 initialized
[02/10/2022 - 07:31:56PM] [*SLaVE] Load Game Init - Shout Like a Virgin v8.2 initialized
[02/10/2022 - 07:32:49PM] ERROR: Method GetRousing not found on toysframework. Aborting call and returning None

SLaVE would nonorally warn you that your Toys version is too old, in a pop up message box. You not getting that?

This lack of message (if not getting it) is actually a hint something deeper could be wrong. Leads me to conclusion A below.

There however, is ZERO chance that this Toys version problem can cause a piece of armor to CTD (unless its a case where you DID install a new version of Toys, and you don't know why its reporting the old one).

(a toy, the Workout Plugs or otherwise, are just armor from the point of view of skyrim).

A bad install of the rest of Toys can't case armor to CTD. Its the single NIF (the file) for the armor alone, that causes a CTD, if it does. So the problem is entirely outside of Toys or SLaVE. Something does not like that one armor NIF file.

25 minutes ago, fd05 said:

I conclude that there is probably something wrong with my Toys installation and I should reinstall it from scratch

I won't hurt to try that, but I'd not expect it to help.... No, it runs deeper. These possibilities...

1. Maybe you went to AE, downgraded, but ended up with a mess where your mod manager is not aware of files left behind
    • Or maybe the mod manager is deceiving you, and things have been left behind, regardless of AE. Its not uncommon.
  2. Maybe you are on AE, and you just happen to be the first to find that this one Toy CTDs... doubtful but it's possible
  3. The thing that is "special" about this "piece of armor", is that it's an animated NIF. So maybe there is a mod conflict. We'd be talking about mods that change the graphics engine deep inside of Skyrim though. So I have no clue what.... HDT? SMP? Things like that. This is why I'm saying it has actually nothing to do with Toys. Toys does not mess with anything of that nature

It might help to see if the other animated toy CTDs for you. The Workout Gag, is similar to the Workout Plugs, as it too has animation within its NIF. Done by a different author however, so it won't be exactly the same.

I don't know how these animations in NIF files work. I'm not the author of these 2 animated NIFs, Toys is just putting the assets to use. They have been in use in SLaVE for 5 years, and you are first to report the Workout Plugs CTDing.

Conclusions

Reinstalling Toys is likely not the fix. Something like these are...

A. If you think my theory that you have lots of left behind files, not managed by your mod manager, holds merit, then you'd need to nuke skyrim and your mod manager and re-install all..

B. If you think its more about a mod conflict, then you'd need to start with a Toys minimum requirements install. See if the CTD is still present, and if not, start adding mods till you recreate.

11 hours ago, Justgingeryt said:

Hello all, love this mod by the way along with all the Toys family of mods, but I'm have a silly issue, I can't get my character to lose her V card, even though I'm trying, Sexlab does say I've had sex, but SLaV doesn't seem to update?

Any help would be great!

This is copied from the FAQs...

During Virgin Training

1. Virgin chasity toys block loss - no key to unlock
    • includes Sexlab scenes and non-sexlab scenes - the toy may "phase into Oblivion' but it's still protecting
  2. Only way to lose V... chance of Order of Lily guys coming to you to offer to deal with it
    • Can increase this chance in MCM - Encounters tab

NOT in Virgin Training

1. Virgin chasity toys block - wearing is voluntary, you have the key and can ask Nocturnal for more keys
  2. non-"Virgin" chastity toys may block or may come off during love
    • includes Sexlab scenes & SOME non-Sexlab scenes... example of non-sexlab... the Waterfall scenes
  3. Not wearing chastity toy - with nothing blocking, V will be lost during love
    • includes sexlab scenes and SOME non-sexlab scenes... example of non-sexlab... the Waterfall scenes

When Virginity is lost: There's a pop-up message, and some visuals. More detail on the Features page

Protection/Loss During Sexlab Scene: Upon climax, a notification will appear indicating if a toy protected, or not

Note: There is the rare chance of a mod, not Toys Aware, removing your chastity when you have no key.

Does this explain why? Or do you see intended behavior here, that is not working that way for you? 

EDIT: see posts that follow

Edited by VirginMarie
7 hours ago, Justgingeryt said:

Hello all, love this mod by the way along with all the Toys family of mods, but I'm have a silly issue, I can't get my character to lose her V card, even though I'm trying, Sexlab does say I've had sex, but SLaV doesn't seem to update?

Any help would be great!

I tested it and discovered that I've broken it in the most recent version of Toys. Sexlab scenes are not sending the event in one main use case. Its fixed now and will release later today after I've tested it good and hard. Thanks very much for reporting it!

On 2/11/2022 at 7:58 PM, VirginMarie said:

I tested it and discovered that I've broken it in the most recent version of Toys. Sexlab scenes are not sending the event in one main use case. Its fixed now and will release later today after I've tested it good and hard. Thanks very much for reporting it!

Wow! very fast update and very fast bugfix! the only way I found to lose the V-card was through the waterfall event, but that's irrelevant as you fixed it so quickly!

I have a problem that I got a deer skin in quest virginfoot(I am not a english player so I don't know if it's the right name).

I need to worship but there is no option, its a normal altar and i need to cost 100gold use it

image.thumb.png.3d94668d087395e14eaab2fc1a2d0f36.pngI think other mod caused this problem but I really dont know which one.  i want to use player.setstage 80 but nothing happened

How should I find the mod with SSEedit?

6 hours ago, qzzzZ said:

I have a problem that I got a deer skin in quest virginfoot(I am not a english player so I don't know if it's the right name).

I need to worship but there is no option, its a normal altar and i need to cost 100gold use it

image.thumb.png.3d94668d087395e14eaab2fc1a2d0f36.pngI think other mod caused this problem but I really dont know which one.  i want to use player.setstage 80 but nothing happened

How should I find the mod with SSEedit?

Yes another mod is conflicting. SLaVE is not the source of that pop-up message.

No I don't know what mod it is.

Set Stage breaks. Never use setstage for this mod.

21 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Yes another mod is conflicting. SLaVE is not the source of that pop-up message.

No I don't know what mod it is.

Set Stage breaks. Never use setstage for this mod.

thanks for your reply

its the survival mod of AE version caused this issue

turn off survival mod it works again

I'm not seeing this issue in the troubleshooting. I'm on SSE 1.5.97. Started the main quest and with the first shout the messenger appeared. All is well till I shout again and Nocturnal shows up. I'm placed in a cage  on a pole and she is standing there but nothing else happens, at all. How can I fix this?

26 minutes ago, fyredraken said:

I'm not seeing this issue in the troubleshooting. I'm on SSE 1.5.97. Started the main quest and with the first shout the messenger appeared. All is well till I shout again and Nocturnal shows up. I'm placed in a cage  on a pole and she is standing there but nothing else happens, at all. How can I fix this?

Animation Scenes Not Working - very likely this

If not, check this one.... Golden Rule

Edited by VirginMarie
3 minutes ago, fyredraken said:

thank you for the reply. Sadly neither or those apply for me. It's a new game and the test passed. everything is installed and running correctly.

Well we know at least one thing is not running correctly. :D That animation scene. Animation Scenes Not Working is all the tricks I know to fix it.

• The most likely is that FNIS was not generated
  • The 2nd most likely is that FNIS was generated, but there's an error or warning listed in the FNIS window. If there is, even if its not specifically about "Virgin" or Toys, this will likely be the problem

If its not those, I can help further if you get me your Papyrus Log How to get a Papyrus Log?

We want a log that captures this game session:

Startup the game from desktop... Load a save before the problem... Run the SLaVE MCM Installation Test... confirm it worked (or not)... now recreate the stuck scene... press and hold space, for at least 30seconds, to see if the scene advances (and share what you see).... Use Toys MCM - Misc Tab - Player Reset (this is to get you unstuck for a normal shutdown).... Exit to Desktop.... grab that log

17 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Well we know at least one thing is not running correctly. :D That animation scene. Animation Scenes Not Working is all the tricks I know to fix it.

• The most likely is that FNIS was not generated
  • The 2nd most likely is that FNIS was generated, but there's an error or warning listed in the FNIS window. If there is, even if its not specifically about "Virgin" or Toys, this will likely be the problem

If its not those, I can help further if you get me your Papyrus Log How to get a Papyrus Log?

We want a log that captures this game session:

Startup the game from desktop... Load a save before the problem... Run the SLaVE MCM Installation Test... confirm it worked (or not)... now recreate the stuck scene... press and hold space, for at least 30seconds, to see if the scene advances (and share what you see).... Use Toys MCM - Misc Tab - Player Reset (this is to get you unstuck for a normal shutdown).... Exit to Desktop.... grab that log

as of right now the space bar advance moved me through the scene.