Does the pandemic make people indifferent and inactive?

In many countries there is a lockdown in place, forcing people to be at home. In other countries it's still recommended to avoid taking risks by going out and expose yourself. That should mean more internet activity right? But it's the opposite. People seem indifferent and zombiefied. They tend to reply with as few words as possible or not at all. Here on LL a few people still keep the site alive but I'm not feeling the passion, and mod updates rarely happens anymore. Could be because Skyrim is a very old game and many people have abandoned it. There are other games, but I don't know anymore.

For me the situation was pretty much unchanged, except that I had less oppurtunites than before. But either way, the feeling is that people doesn't really care anymore. Is this just my feeling and can someone explain it?

Is not that people stopped caring, is that they, at least in my and my friends/family case, have too much to care about, if you are still in college like some friends you can't update mods, and less create them, you cannot write a book or paint a canvas when all your energy was drained through the day, mods are the same that these activities, I recon that people stopped creating mods for any games, skyrim did feel the hit, but for example, Bannerlord has only a handful of modders, when a big part of the community pre-pandemic was doing a lot of groundwork to mod that game up to absolute monstrous levels, almost comparable to Oblivion I would risk to say.

Ultimately is the entire mood, the ambience, when you see all day "x thousand of people died today, and your grandma is next" in all channels you will end up drained, be that the modders believe in this pandemic or not, or just claim to hate all humanity or whatever and act happy about all this for some reason.

Personally I still have a job, I have friends to talk with and nobody close to me has died or is unemployed thankfully, but even with all that, I still go back home without any strength left, I suppose that's the case for the majority ten times worse for those that aren't lucky as me, at least this is my opinion.

The bat stew flu hasn't affected my life much.

• No one I know has caught it and the 15 supposed cases in my county went 'poof' as soon as people started asking questions about who has it and where did they catch it.
  • I keep surplus food on hand and I cook almost everything from scratch anyway.  I can walk onto my back porch and shoot a deer or a feral hog whenever I need the meat.
  • I probably put on a mask maybe 5 times total.
  • The only real change is the girl I was on-and-off-again dating moved in with me because she lived in Houston and the city became unlivable for a normal person.  She called me crying and in a panic so I invited her to stay with me.  She's still here.
  • Games and modding; I don't have the time between work, a live-in, my ever-expanding garden and the 7 runt steers I bought to flip or use as barter.  And after the 2020 election fuckfest I just don't feel creative; nothing artistic interests me.

Depends on the people you know and are in contact with. Like Algene above pointed out it's not that people have less work because of the lockdowns and what not, in many cases it's more hectic. Hell the pandemic had a severe effect on my life too which is why i had to stop coming here for months at times last year and at the beginning of this year. But now that i've mostly stabilized, i'm here now. It also helps that i can work from home now way more than before along with having another pair of hand at home to help me out with things in general, the emotional support alone is a big step up.

So i'm guessing when more and more people balance themselves they'll start having the time to spend on these things. The effects of the pandemic won't just go away overnight, think of it like dust settling. It's not quite as bleak as the news makes it out to be.

10 hours ago, Intronacious said:

In many countries there is a lockdown in place, forcing people to be at home. In other countries it's still recommended to avoid taking risks by going out and expose yourself. That should mean more internet activity right? But it's the opposite. People seem indifferent and zombiefied.

When has the world not been a vegetable(I mean zombie lol)?

They tend to reply with as few words as possible or not at all.

That is called the internet and that is how it has always been. Basically people with jobs and families type down responses to things they have little to no interest in but they keep it simple and stupid because they don't give a damn how others react on the internet. Speaking of which there are a lot of people on the internet and as the saying goes:

2029500878-post-22569-A-person-is-smart-People-are-d-Mjfk.gif.67dd70f93b7424541feaa96062b58058.gif

Here on LL a few people still keep the site alive but I'm not feeling the passion, and mod updates rarely happens anymore. Could be because Skyrim is a very old game and many people have abandoned it. There are other games, but I don't know anymore.

For me the situation was pretty much unchanged, except that I had less oppurtunites than before. But either way, the feeling is that people doesn't really care anymore. Is this just my feeling and can someone explain it?

Skyrim is a big one. With the creation kit released new mods were popping in like popcorn. Now modding has definitely slowed down but that is okay since modding will always be a thing.

Well jokes on you, I'm always indifferent lol. Plus now I can legally wear a mask so I can look like one of them Japanese folks. Sumos or something. I have no idea about current top 10 you won't believe number 8 Skyrim mods. Is there something that's actually worth checking out? Something that makes the combat system fun?