Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

Hey, Ashal, can you confirm functions such as GetAnimationsByType can now return more than 128 slots arrays?

Also, is there a way to choose which animation in the array of the returned animations will be played first instead of random animation?

like during the making of a new thread:

sslThreadModel Make = SexLab.NewThread()
sslBaseAnimation[] Anims = SexLab.GetAnimationsByType(3)
Int i = Anims.Find(SexLab.GetAnimationByName("Missionary"))
If i != -1
	Make.SetFirstAnimation(Anims[i]) ; < Missionary animation will be played in first if found in the array
Endif

No it absolutely can't.

And going by replies I've been given when asking the SKSE team on the betheseda forums, it's entirely unlikely to be possible in the future. SKSE has only added the ability create native type arrays larger than 128. So it is currently impossible, at least as far as I've been made aware when asking them... to return custom script array types  beyond 128...

If you make a search in sexlab that results in more than 128 matches, sexlab will invalidate random results until you are under 128. At least that's the restriction set in 1.60.2, previous versions restricted the search results to something like 64 or 100ish, for entirely arbitrary reasons. 

I am in no way in favor of removing animations. The AP animations have been there since the very first release, and as such have had a long time for a lot of mods to potentially rely specifically on using one of it's animations being present. Removing those animations would break those mods.

Unless somebody is willing to scour through every single 3rd party SexLab mod's source code to confirm for me that there is actually not any mods out there that specifically call any AP animations by name, registrar, or tag as the sole animation source, they are unlikely to ever be removed. I have however in current development builds at least, made them disabled by default.

Removing them purely for animation limit reasons however, is crazy. We are a far ways off from reaching the new limit in 1.60, and even when that limit's reached the new setup in 1.60 should allow for expanding the limit even further with little effort.

I think I made a mistake. Since I couldn't add animations from Necroanims I thought I had reached the limit but that was far from true. That mod simply has a different way of adding the animations, as I learned later. But disabling AP animations sounds like a good idea.

No it absolutely can't.

And going by replies I've been given when asking the SKSE team on the betheseda forums, it's entirely unlikely to be possible in the future. SKSE has only added the ability create native type arrays larger than 128. So it is currently impossible, at least as far as I've been made aware when asking them... to return custom script array types  beyond 128...

If you make a search in sexlab that results in more than 128 matches, sexlab will invalidate random results until you are under 128. At least that's the restriction set in 1.60.2, previous versions restricted the search results to something like 64 or 100ish, for entirely arbitrary reasons. 

Ok that's what I thought thanks, what about my other question? Should I assume it's a no? (I know it should possible to just use AnimationStart event to change the animation but it feels like an unnecessary step)

Older animations being disabled by default would be good enough for me given the high animation limit. Saves me having to manually disable them every time I reset animation register.

I was going to suggest using the import/export feature of SexLab, but then realized that it would import ALL of the sexlab settings at time of export, not just the animations, so that may not work for you.  Although if you export first, reset register, then import it would reset the animation selection for you, you just need to double-check to make sure everything is selected properly.

Older animations being disabled by default would be good enough for me given the high animation limit. Saves me having to manually disable them every time I reset animation register.

I was going to suggest using the import/export feature of SexLab, but then realized that it would import ALL of the sexlab settings at time of export, not just the animations, so that may not work for you.  Although if you export first, reset register, then import it would reset the animation selection for you, you just need to double-check to make sure everything is selected properly.

Exactly, I use a lot of different profiles in MO, some with Creatures, some without (I even have two versions of FNIS installed for this), male, female, HDT, etc, and more importatly different mods that add new animations, like MNC, ZAZ, Cum Shot Brothel, SD+, etc, that's not active in all profiles.

But thanks for the tip!

Exactly, I use a lot of different profiles in MO, some with Creatures, some without (I even have two versions of FNIS installed for this), male, female, HDT, etc, and more importatly different mods that add new animations, like MNC, ZAZ, Cum Shot Brothel, SD+, etc, that's not active in all profiles.

But thanks for the tip!

I have a single export with the minimum setup for Sexlab that covers 90% of profiles (with all of the AP animations disabled).  Personally I just leave creatures on even if playing a male (don't want my male character labeled "Dhargo the Goat-Fucker" :( ) allowing the female npcs in the game to have fun with the horses and wolves.

But thanks for the tip!

I have a single export with the minimum setup for Sexlab that covers 90% of profiles (with all of the AP animations disabled).  Personally I just leave creatures on even if playing a male (don't want my male character labeled "Dhargo the Goat-Fucker" :( ) allowing the female npcs in the game to have fun with the horses and wolves.

Yeah I considered it, but 1) I have dog companions often and autosex mods. One doggy mounting my Orc barbarian was enough. And 2) I'm already usually at the mod limit of 255 mods on pretty much every profile, and those mods add a lot of ESPs.

I am in no way in favor of removing animations. The AP animations have been there since the very first release, and as such have had a long time for a lot of mods to potentially rely specifically on using one of it's animations being present. Removing those animations would break those mods.

Unless somebody is willing to scour through every single 3rd party SexLab mod's source code to confirm for me that there is actually not any mods out there that specifically call any AP animations by name, registrar, or tag as the sole animation source, they are unlikely to ever be removed. I have however in current development builds at least, made them disabled by default.

Removing them purely for animation limit reasons however, is crazy. We are a far ways off from reaching the new limit in 1.60, and even when that limit's reached the new setup in 1.60 should allow for expanding the limit even further with little effort.

I asked how to remove some animations only for my own personal purpose and taste. I never asked YOU should remove anything.

As from my previous post, I asked if I "can" remove all, for example, AP animations deleting all related hkx files in the folder and removing the related lines in the list txt.

@Ashal

Technical question about my own tastes.

Supposing I don't want anymore some animations included in the SexLab Framework 1.60 HF2, just to say all the AP animations, could I delete all the related AP**.hlx files in the Sexlab/animations folder and then delete all the related entries in the txt file that lists the animations and then run SexLab safety?

Should this work and be safe?

I asked if this method could be safe to run anyway SexLab.

Thank you.

I asked how to remove some animations only for my own personal purpose and taste. I never asked YOU should remove anything.

As from my previous post, I asked if I "can" remove all, for example, AP animations deleting all related hkx files in the folder and removing the related lines in the list txt.

@Ashal

Technical question about my own tastes.

Supposing I don't want anymore some animations included in the SexLab Framework 1.60 HF2, just to say all the AP animations, could I delete all the related AP**.hlx files in the Sexlab/animations folder and then delete all the related entries in the txt file that lists the animations and then run SexLab safety?

Should this work and be safe?

I asked if this method could be safe to run anyway SexLab.

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure Ashal was responding to my post that's directly above his, indeed asking if they could be removed from the Framework.

And no, don't just go delete those files, use this method;

You can edit the file sslAnimationDefaults.psc, remove the "registeranimation" lines and then recompile.

Not required to remove the actual animation definition. Just the registration.

If you delete the files instead, expect to see a lot of T-posing in your game.

Thanks, Sacremas. I'll try. I hope my CK will recompile right the psc. Sometimes it goes crazy.

But about the T-poses, running FNIS again after the deletion should restore everything, should it?

PS: There is a tool to compile psc files "outside" CK and "outside" the game? (I mean, psc files NOT stored in the source folder).

Thanks for your posting! However I have a problem :( I downloaded new fix file & install it with NMM, but whenever I try to see Sexlab on the MCM, there isn't anything. There are no words, or no texts.... just blank :( Also I found sexlab doesn't work... Whenever I tried to sex with NPC or be raped, characters didn't do anything. Nothing that is related with sex animation happened. I think sexlab doesn't work properly, but there is a message "sexlab 1.60 ......... (installed)" on the screen.

I deleted & reinstalled it but still I can't configurate Sexlab on the MCM. 

How should I do to solve it? 

Thanks for your posting! However I have a problem :( I downloaded new fix file & install it with NMM, but whenever I try to see Sexlab on the MCM, there isn't anything. There are no words, or no texts.... just blank :( Also I found sexlab doesn't work... Whenever I tried to sex with NPC or be raped, characters didn't do anything. I think sexlab doesn't work properly, but I don't know why. 

I deleted & reinstalled it but still......

DId you actually install 1.60 and Hotfix 2, or just Hotfix 2?

Also the mod now needs to be enabled in the MCM to work. Also remember to rerun FNIS.

Thanks for your posting! However I have a problem :( I downloaded new fix file & install it with NMM, but whenever I try to see Sexlab on the MCM, there isn't anything. There are no words, or no texts.... just blank :( Also I found sexlab doesn't work... Whenever I tried to sex with NPC or be raped, characters didn't do anything. I think sexlab doesn't work properly, but I don't know why. 

I deleted & reinstalled it but still......

DId you actually install 1.60 and Hotfix 2, or just Hotfix 2?

Also the mod now needs to be enabled in the MCM to work. Also remember to rerun FNIS.

SexLabFramework_v160_hotfix2_FULL.7z

I downloaded this file. Isn't it the main file? I also rerun generate FNIS for users, and it didn't show any problem. :(

I'd like to enable sexlab framework in the MCM, but whenever I click the name in the MCM, it shows no texts. There is blank screen, just with "Sexlab" name.

Thanks, Sacremas. I'll try. I hope my CK will recompile right the psc. Sometimes it goes crazy.

But about the T-poses, running FNIS again after the deletion should restore everything, should it?

PS: There is a tool to compile psc files "outside" CK and "outside" the game? (I mean, psc files NOT stored in the source folder).

Someone more knowledgeable than me or who has actually attempted this would have to answer that. ;) I was just told not to.

Some mods call getAnimationByName on some of the animations you might like to get rid of in case there is no suitable animation available when calling getByTag.  If you delete the named animation and don't provide alternates with the right tags, you could be breaking things you don't expect.

I would have posted more but after reading the entire help section and the FAQ my eye (which is injured) had enough so I posted something small.  I did manage to figure out the problem today though when I was able to see/think clearly.   It was a small matter that I thought I had the whole thing but needed the file that takes it from 1.60.2 to 1.60.2hotfix even though I never got the original 1.60.2   Anyways,  I'm sorry if my post caused any issues/troubles,  I'll refrain from asking anything while injured in the future to help ease any headaches.

I would have posted more but after reading the entire help section and the FAQ my eye (which is injured) had enough so I posted something small.  I did manage to figure out the problem today though when I was able to see/think clearly.   It was a small matter that I thought I had the whole thing but needed the file that takes it from 1.60.2 to 1.60.2hotfix even though I never got the original 1.60.2   Anyways,  I'm sorry if my post caused any issues/troubles,  I'll refrain from asking anything while injured in the future to help ease any headaches.

Jenny, first, Im' glad you found and eliminated your game problem. I'm also aware that sometimes most of the people (me too) forget to check and look for the answers in OP (troubleshooter). That's understandable. But in the same time, when there are too many undefined asks for help without providing needed infos (mod order, log fie, more detailed description of the problem and similar) it is understandable why admin (ashal) and moderators are frustrated sometimes. I'm sure that his "angry look" reaction wasn't addressed to you personally and individually, but to all who "forgets" and are lazy to read troubleshooter adn "Read before you post" thread.

Let me suggest you a small "trick" for next time. If you encounter a problem in the future with SL,, let's say, about "expression", open SL thread and type "expression" in the search bar and make sure you see "this topic" on its right site. Click on search and the site will open all posts with that subject. I'm 99% sure that you'll find your answer. If not, then check the "Read before you post" in pinned and present your problem accordingly.

I'm sorry and I apologize if my previous post made you sad. I didn't want to hurt you or attack you. Was trying to "stimulate" you to provide more accurate and specified infos about your problem.

Cheers :)

Jenny, first, Im' glad you found and eliminated your game problem. I'm also aware that sometimes most of the people (me too) forget to check and look for the answers in OP (troubleshooter). That's understandable. But in the same time, when there are too many undefined asks for help without providing needed infos (mod order, log fie, more detailed description of the problem and similar) it is understandable why admin (ashal) and moderators are frustrated sometimes. I'm sure that his "angry look" reaction wasn't addressed to you personally and individually, but to all who "forgets" and are lazy to read troubleshooter adn "Read before you post" thread.

Let me suggest you a small "trick" for next time. If you encounter a problem in the future with SL,, let's say, about "expression", open SL thread and type "expression" in the search bar and make sure you see "this topic" on its right site. Click on search and the site will open all posts with that subject. I'm 99% sure that you'll find your answer. If not, then check the "Read before you post" in pinned and present your problem accordingly.

I'm sorry and I apologize if my previous post made you sad. I didn't want to hurt you or attack you. Was trying to "stimulate" you to provide more accurate and specified infos about your problem.

Cheers :)

I'm not sad or upset (however as a whole a small part of me did feel attacked a little),  I was simply stating why I didn't add anything else to my original post.   Further defending my post I was simply asking in general if anyone else had the problem to hopefully start a little conversation with others who may have also been in my position so I could get a rough idea of what I was doing wrong,  Normally when I have a problem I like to try and figure it out if I can before asking for help and when I posted I was past my threshold for dealing with it and my eye and was hoping to come back the next day with maybe a message that could point me in the right direction.   I know I didn't post any big information but then I was tired and was mostly just looking for something that might have given me a different perspective to look at it with. 

Oh,  and my comment about not asking anything while injured wasn't sarcasm or anything like that,  it was a legit comment on my part since when I'm not 100% I don't go into alot of detail since I wanna get to the resting part.

because the animations of the right not animals .. I select and nothing happens the animal is only stopped by my side ... you guys were to make a video lesson on how to install the animations of animals and how do they give the right type configurations ... my email if they can help me thank you .....

elitonpc@outlook.com

No it absolutely can't.

Ok that's what I thought thanks, what about my other question? Should I assume it's a no? (I know it should possible to just use AnimationStart event to change the animation but it feels like an unnecessary step)

I'll add a function for it to my todo list for next release.

So, I am having a problem. The actions for Sexlab aren't being completed. The characters will either being walking around nude or stack ontop of each other. The audio and 'after effects' work. But the position doesn't seem to want to work, any suggestions? I've already run a FNIS Generator, and it didn't change anything.

So, I am having a problem. The actions for Sexlab aren't being completed. The characters will either being walking around nude or stack ontop of each other. The audio and 'after effects' work. But the position doesn't seem to want to work, any suggestions? I've already run a FNIS Generator, and it didn't change anything.

http://www.loverslab.com/forum/50-technical-support-sexlab-framework/  :idea: