I had a few rough ideas of things I would like to add the to mod, and ended up doing experimental implementations of them. I wanted to give them back to you before I lose interest. All my changes relate to Pleasure Suits, are very rough, experimental, and unbalanced, and some of them might simply not work.

Things I changed:

• Some syntax corrections, found by checking error.log and using the VS code syntax checker
  • Addicted leaders might get lost to addiction
  • Recovering from addiction does not give you skill levels back
  • Pleasure suit use stronger, but carries harsher effects so it is only good in specific situations - similar to Chemical Bliss
  • Empires with knowledge of suits who win wars will force suits on the losing empire
  • Added a resolution will cause to you be in breach if you ban suits
  • Tried at least to make AI able to recover from suit usage

Rough ideas that I didn't implement:

• Edicts to soften the blow
  • Leaders will only get lost to addiction if at skill level 1, otherwise they will lose a level
  • More technologies to gate different parts or soften the blow
  • Spread suit use by spies
  • Add slavery type related to suits, or add living standard related to suits, or both
  • Leaders lost become a tradable resource, placeholder name "fuckdolls" as per Free Cities

Feel free to use any and all changes or ideas as you see fit. If I were to continue I would probably decouple the Pleasure Suit part from the rest of KV to declutter and make it easier to develop. Added a diff to make it easier to see what I changed.

Kinky Void V1.1.2 remix.zip diff.txt

• 4 weeks later...

I've played a single tech focused empire with Pleasure Suits for almost 200 years now. No issues that I can tell.

The mod still feels like a Work-in-Progress, and I am capable of using Irony Mod Managers "Conflict Resolver" to make sure that mods that edit the same files, functions or data does not conflict. And then I merge all my mods into a single merged mod. This both ensures that steam workshop updates to mods don't break my saves mid playthrough, and it greatly speeds up loading times.

The only non steam workshop mods I use are: This mod, LV, LV advisor voice, LV rooms, as well as patches for the SE portrait mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, SexyHeathen19 said:

does anyone know if the Sexopolis tweaks  actually do anything if your using the new LV or are they just gumming up the works so to speak?

On 10/28/2021 at 3:15 AM, Alphanineteen said:

I've played a single tech focused empire with Pleasure Suits for almost 200 years now. No issues that I can tell.

The mod still feels like a Work-in-Progress, and I am capable of using Irony Mod Managers "Conflict Resolver" to make sure that mods that edit the same files, functions or data does not conflict. And then I merge all my mods into a single merged mod. This both ensures that steam workshop updates to mods don't break my saves mid playthrough, and it greatly speeds up loading times.

The only non steam workshop mods I use are: This mod, LV, LV advisor voice, LV rooms, as well as patches for the SE portrait mods.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:29 AM, Myriad_Valentine said:

Does anyone know how well this mod works in the new version of LV?

On 11/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, Ronnie21093 said:

I hope this mod gets an update soon

I realize this is late for most of these posts but I have been digging around in the KV code the last few weeks for my patch mod. I can confirm that there are several problems in the code as is so I would be cautious using the mod by itself (especially in 3.2 because the jobs will be totally broken now). If the OP doesn't post a fix I'll probably create a standalone patch in the next few weeks once LV is updated for 3.2.

Edited by SohCahToa
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 5:33 AM, SohCahToa said:

I realize this is late for most of these posts but I have been digging around in the KV code the last few weeks for my patch mod. I can confirm that there are several problems in the code as is so I would be cautious using the mod by itself (especially in 3.2 because the jobs will be totally broken now). If the OP doesn't post a fix I'll probably create a standalone patch in the next few weeks once LV is updated for 3.2.

Any news on a possible standalone patch?

3 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

This is what I've managed to throw together. It's not tested very well so please let me know if there are issues.

Kinky Void 1.2.0.zip 2.36 MB · 3 downloads

Kinky Void 1.2.1.zip 2.36 MB · 3 downloads

Kinky Void 1.2.1

• Fixed missing sexologist policy

Kinky Void 1.2.0

• Removed all the Lustful Void overrides that were causing problems
  • Removed out of date base Stellaris overrides
  • Removed Sexologist Job
    • Changed Sex Labs to give LV Sexologist jobs instead
  • Reworked jobs for Stellaris 3.2

NOTE: This is a complete mod not a patch. Delete any previous versions of Kinky Void before installing. 

@SohCahToa

You too are a beautiful person. Thank you.

16 hours ago, Sybian said:

Using 1.2.2 and have it after all the other LV mods, but I'm missing sexologists. Is this happening to anyone else or should I try a different load order? @SohCahToa 

I couldn't find any issues. In what way are the sexologists' missing? Maybe you can also try my load order:

Spoiler

Giga

LV

LV AT

LV Expansion

KV

LV Extras

LV Patches

UI-OD

But none of these are required to use KV except LV itself. 

2 hours ago, SohCahToa said:

I couldn't find any issues. In what way are the sexologists' missing? Maybe you can also try my load order:

Hide contents

Giga

LV

LV AT

LV Expansion

KV

LV Extras

LV Patches

UI-OD

But none of these are required to use KV except LV itself. 

Okies, so I set it up again and made sure to mirror this load order and the proper load order of all the additional needed modes, UI, Guili's, Planet Div, etc, the only thing I don't have on your list is the Giga mod, other than that the setup is the same, I've got under 50 mods total and a lot of those are cosmetic backgrounds, pictures and some 'light' ship mods, things like stargate ships and such, nothing that changes gameplay function. I removed a ton of my old mods due to conflicts and did a fresh install. 

The problem is that everything works except for sexologists and or breeders, when I have the KV and the patch mod on the breeders disappear and the sexologists are just blank workers, as in the system does not register them doing anything. Breeders are completely gone, and the tentacle world is broken with the tile setups. So do I actually need giga in order for this and the Extra's to work? Might be my issue.

However, breeders work just fine when I have the KV on but turn off the patches mod. If I do this with no other changes, breeders work fine but the sexologists are missing/blank. So just trying to figure out what I did to mess this up. Also thanks so much, these mods and the work you put in on this older stuff is so awesome. I tried to make a mod and it worked for some people but never for me, no idea why. 

1 hour ago, Sybian said:

Okies, so I set it up again and made sure to mirror this load order and the proper load order of all the additional needed modes, UI, Guili's, Planet Div, etc, the only thing I don't have on your list is the Giga mod, other than that the setup is the same, I've got under 50 mods total and a lot of those are cosmetic backgrounds, pictures and some 'light' ship mods, things like stargate ships and such, nothing that changes gameplay function. I removed a ton of my old mods due to conflicts and did a fresh install. 

The problem is that everything works except for sexologists and or breeders, when I have the KV and the patch mod on the breeders disappear and the sexologists are just blank workers, as in the system does not register them doing anything. Breeders are completely gone, and the tentacle world is broken with the tile setups. So do I actually need giga in order for this and the Extra's to work? Might be my issue.

However, breeders work just fine when I have the KV on but turn off the patches mod. If I do this with no other changes, breeders work fine but the sexologists are missing/blank. So just trying to figure out what I did to mess this up. Also thanks so much, these mods and the work you put in on this older stuff is so awesome. I tried to make a mod and it worked for some people but never for me, no idea why. 

Yes you cannot use LV Extra without Giga.

###missing line

mod_shipclass_science_ship_build_cost_mult: "science ship build cost"
mod_shipclass_research_station_build_cast_mult: "research station build cost"
mod_planet_lv_breeder_unity_produces_add: "£unity£Unity from breeders"
mod_planet_lv_comfort_worker_unity_produces_add: "£unity£Unity from comfort workers"
mod_planet_lv_gem_incubator_unity_produces_add: "£unity£Unity from gem incubators"
mod_planet_lv_sexologist_unity_produces_add: "£unity£Unity from sexologists"

mod_planet_lv_sex_jobs_produces_mult: "sex jobs production"

add it on localization file.

good ?

i'll edit if other missing line

Edited by Donky
On 12/30/2021 at 12:41 AM, SohCahToa said:

Did you test it in game? This looks like it’s just a localization problem. The actual effect should be working. 

Yes I checked that research station minerals cost is still standard and not -50%, did it a few times just to be sure.

16 hours ago, Isangrad said:

I may be missing something, but is there a way to take a dangerous technology (say pleasure suits) and "ban" it from being studied by the auto research function?

I would be fine researching that tech specifically but the policy to ban them doesn't work and my leaders still become addicts with a disproportionate rate.

To asnwer your question, no. At least as far as i know there is no such option in the game.