8 hours ago, SunTan said:

This mod in 3.0 causes infinite spawning of empty text boxes

I've not had the infinite textbox spam in 3.0.. from this mod that is.
The Mass Effect Asari species mod caused that problem for me.

You can check using the console command "debugtooltip" to see the ID of an event, and then look through your mods event files to verify it.

?

On 4/15/2021 at 10:43 PM, Beelzibob said:

So not unexpectedly 3.0 has broken my setup and I'm not sure how much of it is my mod being broken, and how much of it is the other mods I'm using, and at the moment I don't have the energy to find out. So for the moment any future updates will probably have to wait for some other mods to update to 3.0.

As far as I can tell, the mod works just fine as it is.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:09 AM, Alphanineteen said:

I've not had the infinite textbox spam in 3.0.. from this mod that is.
The Mass Effect Asari species mod caused that problem for me.

You can check using the console command "debugtooltip" to see the ID of an event, and then look through your mods event files to verify it.

?

I see thanks I do have that mod on. also do you know of any mods removing citizens from counting towards pop count?(as a bug)

8 hours ago, SunTan said:

I see thanks I do have that mod on. also do you know of any mods removing citizens from counting towards pop count?(as a bug)

Nah, I just happened upon your comment after just having spent an hour debugging the "double blank event" bug myself.

And the tip i gave to use the debugtooltip console command is really helpful to narrow down a problem. As a modder a bug rapport that actually includes some sort of debug info is much more valuable, because it can actually tell you that it is indeed your mod that is breaking, and it can also tell you roughly what part of your mod broke. Then all you have to do as a modder is figure out why it broke.

7 hours ago, Scotty297 said:

so quick question is the pleasure suit civic meant to be for every ethic or just spiritualist cause it has a wierd thing that is says it need that in it's requirement but even if it's not picked it says it's picked

I also noticed this bug. Had no trouble selecting this civic as a materialist.

13 hours ago, Alphanineteen said:

I also noticed this bug. Had no trouble selecting this civic as a materialist.

yeah my guess it's a display bug since i have seen that happen before though it was a diffence ethic paradox might of changed thier base ethic (since it used to be passive i think) it only does happen when there is no things tied to the civic and the game trys to display something but the in and out of why it's happening i have no idea(though had not seen this for like what since before the rock race type was added maybe even longer) it's why i wanted to check if it had no ethic tied to it cause the the way it's behaving it make me feels it's that bug

On 4/19/2021 at 11:36 PM, Scotty297 said:

so quick question is the pleasure suit civic meant to be for every ethic or just spiritualist cause it has a wierd thing that is says it need that in it's requirement but even if it's not picked it says it's picked

It should be every ethic but spiritualist.

New machine empire focused update posted. This probably had more balance changes then any other content I've added. Originally the penalties for the new origin were much higher until I realized how much of those points were for the +25 happiness that literally does nothing for you as a machine empire.

This update does have two know glitches players may encounter, first robots working LV sex jobs use food for upkeep instead of energy, this is a bug with LV that I didn't think was worth overwriting every single LV sex job to fix. Second, due to how Stellaris handles multiple mods trying to add the same trait (badly) its technically possible to have both the Sexbot trait from the origin and the regular version at the same time if you really want to. I saw this as a lesser sin, then essentially giving you 14 free trait points as soon as you unlocked robo-modding.

17 minutes ago, Scotty297 said:

well the exact text says is some degree of spiritualist but if it's meant to be the other way around you can still take it even if your spiritualist

I just double checked, its a messed up tool tip as the code currently only blocks fanatic spiritualist from taking the tech.  Next update I will ether fix the tooltip or change it to any degree of spiritualist.

@Beelzibob
You should not sin on Google translator, I almost did not edit my translation, but translated through Google.
I just have wild problems with English, and I don't translate directly myself ?
But there are no complaints about Google when translating a small text from English into Russian ... Which does not belong to a person, he sometimes just creates crap.
_build_cost_mult translated perfectly and no complaints ?

True, it was moved to another file, by accident... THIS IS A MODIFIER, NOT A JOB

My brain broke when translating Maid to Serve - "and if unable to execute"?
This is what problems with English mean

RussianKV_1.1.1.zip

Unfortunately it seems there is no way to make a job count as two economic categories at the same time. Next update will probably add a way to get serologist up to +60% research output from techs. I just have to decided the least painful way of doing so. Current plan is a series of very cheep techs that require you to have all researcher boosting techs of a given level. So for example once you have a 20% boost for physics, society, can engineering, you will get a new research option that boosts the output of sexologists by 20%.

edit: I was today years old when I learned there are only 3 levels of research boosting tech, which makes my life easier.

• 2 weeks later...

That is working as intended if not necessarily how I would like it to work. Unfortunately its a problem with the game itself and not with the mod. Normally when you add something like a building, or a job, of a tech, if it has the same internal name as an existing game object the new entry will overwrite the old. However with a few specific categories like traits instead you end up with two versions of the same object. So there are actually two versions of the Sex Bots trait, the one from lv, and the one from the origin. As the option to add the second  sex bot trait doesn't show up until late game anyway I consider it the best of several bad options for making the origin work close to the way I wanted it to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 7:12 AM, Alphanineteen said:

Nah, I just happened upon your comment after just having spent an hour debugging the "double blank event" bug myself.

And the tip i gave to use the debugtooltip console command is really helpful to narrow down a problem. As a modder a bug rapport that actually includes some sort of debug info is much more valuable, because it can actually tell you that it is indeed your mod that is breaking, and it can also tell you roughly what part of your mod broke. Then all you have to do as a modder is figure out why it broke.

sometimes i forgot that tool exists........(had another mod do that was able to debug it as it didnt like when i regressed a mod from 3.0.1 to 2.8, had the older file but game didnt like it anyways, till i reinstalled it.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

will there be a revision of the decree which constantly improves the development of scientists (from paradox), does it really affect sexology?

----

"modifier = {
        country_physics_research_produces_mult"

and

"modifier = {
        planet_jobs_engineering_research_produces_mult"

working with sexologist? or what need to write to work only for your workers?

Edited by WarLedy
question
  • 1 month later...

Thought I would give a short belated status update: The mod is currently on hold for the foreseeable future while I focus on RL stuff. I'll try to keep it updated with future patches and DLC from Paradox but any new content will probably have to wait until I have a burst of inspiration.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 6:46 AM, Beelzibob said:

Thought I would give a short belated status update: The mod is currently on hold for the foreseeable future while I focus on RL stuff. I'll try to keep it updated with future patches and DLC from Paradox but any new content will probably have to wait until I have a burst of inspiration.

Just wanted to say that I really like this mod, and thank you for making it available to us!