3 hours ago, Zorlond said:

Just found a big issue in Kinky Void. Your interface file is named 'lv_event_pics.gfx'. This means it completely overwrites Lustful Void's interface file for all of it's event pictures. Meaning if KV is loaded after LV (as it's supposed to be), none of the events in LV will have any pictures attached to them. You just get a window frame with text and options and no picture.

Renaming your interface file to 'kv_event_pics.gfx' fixes the problem entirely.

And this is why you test your mods more thoroughly then just making sure everything works when you console command it in. I've been using LVs files as the base for my own, both to make sure I have the file structure correct, and to have a working example to modify from instead of coding from scratch. So say I want know what a file that adds an event gfx looks like, I can just copy over 'lv_event_pics.gfx" change one of the entries to be my event instead, delete the rest of the entries, change the file name and boom new event gfx added. Guess what step I forgot to do. Hotfix should be up momentarily.

Going forward I'm going to try to test things more thoroughly and actually do some play throughs to see how the changes I make feel in game. This is especially important as some of my plans for the next update are going to be way more involved then any of changes I have made so far.

I'll post an upcoming changes list for Kinky Void version 1.1.0 once I'm far enough along to know whether my more ambitious changes are actually going to happen. In the meantime feel free to suggest any minor changes or balance tweaks you would like to see.

Just now, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Like every other stellaris mod on LL?

Just extract the archive, copy it to the mods folder (usually in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod). 

Make sure this one is loaded after LV. 

then i have been doing that right but i can't even find it in the playlist

5 minutes ago, TheHentaiGod14 said:

then i have been doing that right but i can't even find it in the playlist

Did you move the folder and .mod file and put those in the mod folder? Archives usually have a larger folder that contains all the files. Don't directly move that folder, move the sub folder and .mod file within it.

Also paradox's default game launcher is complete ass and sometimes doesn't properly recognize custom mods. Look up Irony Mod Manager for a much better stellaris modding experience

6 minutes ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Did you move the folder and .mod file and put those in the mod folder? Archives usually have a larger folder that contains all the files. Don't directly move that folder, move the sub folder and .mod file within it.

Also paradox's default game launcher is complete ass and sometimes doesn't properly recognize custom mods. Look up Irony Mod Manager for a much better stellaris modding experience

yeah i put the folder and mod file in the mod folder but still nothing it shows in the installed mods but not playset

23 minutes ago, TheHentaiGod14 said:

yeah i put the folder and mod file in the mod folder but still nothing it shows in the installed mods but not playset

Idk then, works fine on my end (using irony, not the paradox launcher). Maybe try restarting the launcher to see if it refreshes it. Or again, switch to irony since it doesn't have these issues as often as the default launcher

1 hour ago, Whoopsiedaisy said:

Try opening MOD file and changing "path=" part to path="mod/Kinky Void"

I'm 90% sure it should already be set to this in every version I have uploaded but it can't hurt to double check.  Sadly I can't offer much advice on getting my own mod to work besides "well it works on my machine".

Work on version 1.1.0 is going well should be up early next week. Highlights include a massive expansion of the pleasure suit system, 2 new jobs, a bunch of new techs, and 4 new civics (well 3 and a megacorp version of sexology).

On 4/4/2021 at 6:35 AM, Beelzibob said:

Also Thx for the reminder about localization, I will probably due what other mods due and simply copy the English localization file into the other languages, the text will be in the wrong language, but at least it will show up. I will probably post a small bug fix tomorrow.

Downloaded v1.0.3 and still missing desriptions for russian language base game.

Screenshot_1.png.16a849f68d6f027c637ed3e9edeb5fab.png

I honestly had no idea what I was doing with the localization files, just looked it up and apparently you need to change the language entry at the top of the file not just have the files in the correct folder. Next update should included fixed localization files in addition to its other content.

2 hours ago, Vivikon said:

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but leaders (Mainly ruler) have withdraw and suit traits

There are also leaders on the leaderboard with the withdraw trait.
I'm going to do the translation...

I assume you mean without having the tech. I think I know what may be the problem, ill have a quick bugfix patch out probably tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Tyrgalon said:

pss.
localisation I think:
image.png.cc43d17cc952fbcedf25f8011a9d3dec.png

I never even bothered to check that, because those are both vanilla modifiers, just unused. Paradox please.

Other fun things I've learned while scripting this, if two mods try to add different versions of the same object, like say a civic, building, or event, The game chooses which one to use alphabetically by file name. But which order it chooses is different depending on the category, almost everything in the common folder chooses the file that is last alphabetically, but events go by which file is first alphabetically. 

So not unexpectedly 3.0 has broken my setup and I'm not sure how much of it is my mod being broken, and how much of it is the other mods I'm using, and at the moment I don't have the energy to find out. So for the moment any future updates will probably have to wait for some other mods to update to 3.0.