6 hours ago, nameless701 said:

The quota system should be revised...

you are the citywhore for 10(?) days and you need 3-10 customers per day ... if you don´t do that,the time will be extended (not the customers)

Unless I'm misunderstanding your meaning, isn't that too generous?  If you don't repay a bank loan on time, the bank wouldn't just give you more time, at least not without adding a penalty plus interest (adding more customers, in Public Whore terms).  As a player, if you don't want to do much prostitution, it seems best to just lower the quota in the MCM (continuing the bank analogy, don't borrow more money than you can repay).

So I became eligible to be the Public Whore of Markarth while doing Devious Cidhna.  I think that during the escape, the Forsworn escapees must have killed the guard that was assigned to bring me to the Thane to get the PW title, because I've come and gone through Markarth a few different times now and I've never been approached to take on the job. 

The quest objective is not keeping up with screen messages on the progress. It still says 0 reported in quest after having 2 clients.

Also would it be nice option to have % chance to get task to gather gold? Variety is good and so are gold sinks. But you can fill gold sinks completely without sex so i don't see that fitting this mod's purpose unless you prevent player from leaving town.

I was thinking if guards would also warn at most once a day about slow progress. This wouldn't give much penalty, maybe -20? Basically if your total task time is 7 days, 4 days have elapsed and you are 2/20 done with the tasks, it falls below the linear progress where you should be at on day 4. Counting that goes:

TotalTasks * TimeElapsed / TotalTime

20 * 4 / 7  = 11.4

2 < 11.4 => !!!

But lets give her a realistic chance, it should have a small margin of leniency so that guards don't come complaining during first few hours:

(TotalTasks * TimeElapsed / TotalTime) - 2  =>  11.4 becomes 9.4

And is this mod responsible in reducing my movement speed?

Edited by Zaflis
10 hours ago, Zaflis said:

The quest objective is not keeping up with screen messages on the progress. It still says 0 reported in quest after having 2 clients.

***snip***

Did you report your progress/turn in your gold to the Thane? You can receive messages that you have clients but they don't count 'officially' (and in the MCM) until you hand over your earnings.

If a client shorted you, that gold comes out of your pocket unless you stashed your gold at home or with a follower before you started. Or you could just take your punishment ...

On 4/1/2021 at 1:12 AM, kaldwin said:
On 3/31/2021 at 10:31 PM, Visio Diaboli said:

Public Whore

View File

Jarl Balgruuf kicked back in his throne and opened a bottle of mead. He had finally found a solution to the tax revenue loss due to the hardships that had plagued his city recently. And such an easy fix! The answer had been running around his city, drawing the eyes of his citizens in temptation for weeks now. All he had had to do was write one official decree and Whiterun had a new main attraction...

...the Dragonborn...

...the new Public Whore.

Public Whore

(Note: this version likely has bugs. Nothing game-breaking as far as I can tell but save often as always, and let me know about bugs you find)

Summary

The premise of this mod is as posted here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/114261-public-whore/

The core notion is that the player character ends up brought before the court against her will, and declared the public whore of a city. She is then the public property of that city, and can be used by the citizens in exchange for money that goes to the Jarl. This isn't particularly story driven - right now it's more of another "system" that adds to the gameplay loop, though I wish to expand it's quest content with time.

Requirements

Hard Dependencies (mod will break without these):

• SKSE
  • Sexlab
  • ZaZ Animation Pack v8.0+  (post in the thread if you want a version without ZaZ dependency)

Soft Dependencies (mod works perfectly fine without them, but was designed to have them):

• Devious Devices
  • SlaveTats
  • Sexlab Aroused
  • Sexlab Sexual Fame
  • Simple Slavery Plus Plus
  • SD+

Recommended (no interaction I just like having them with this):

• Spectator Crowds
  • Populated Cities Towns Villages

How to Start

• Introduction Quests (Whiterun and Solitude): asking Balgruuf/Vignar if they have any work for you will begin Whiterun's quest, and speaking to Vedia Belenus in the Winking Skeever will start Solitude's quest.
  • Fame: acquire enough SLSF fame, or use the mod's somewhat less advanced built-in sexual fame system, and you'll eventually be declared public whore by virtue of your depravity. Alternatively, do enough heroic things and your forced prostitution will be an irresistible money-grab for the Jarls.
  • By asking to start: speak to any one of the new Thanes positioned near the Jarls, and you can volunteer yourself easily.
  • Get sold to a city via SS++, and you'll be sent straight into 'enforced mode', in which you can't leave the city and have a more difficult quota.

<More detailed instructions or user manual coming soon>

Possible Future Soft Dependencies (I may add these eventually but it currently isn't on my to-do list)

• Sanguine's Debauchery+: as a possible way to handle enforced mode mechanics
  • City Bondage: as a method of implementing restraints in the city
  • Devious Mindbreak: where a high enough corruption will cause the PC to love the job

Thanks to

• gianclod for the idea
  • poblivion for referring me to the idea and sticking with the mod throughout development
  • Verstort for laying out an initial concept of how the mod might work
  • Pamatronic for permission to package Interactive Gallows resources with the mod
  • Tenri for providing insight into how to get DD running
  • For extensive beta testing: poblivion, Sidewasy, jc321, zenrae, laucters, drunken toad - all of these guys provided incredibly in-depth feedback and analysis during the closed betas. Without their help the mod wouldn't be anywhere near as robust as it is.
  • Aldid for mod screenshots
  • GerdWagner for the German translation
  • stas2503 for the Russian translation

Permissions

If you wish to use files from Public Whore elsewhere ask me and I will determine on a case-by-case basis.

Otherwise, redistribution of this mod in any way, shape, or form is not permitted.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/31/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, Sexlab, ZaZ Animation Pack v8.0+
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

thank you so much this is exactly what im looking for

A possible update that could be intersting i think, would be that after you have been a public whore at least once and then freed from it,, next time you go into this city you would see another female npc being a public whore. After all, why would you be the only one!

And maybe even a toggle in the mcm to have public whore appear if you want to use them without having to go through the whole enslaved and forced to be a prostitute first, if you have a dominant/strong character.

Anyway, that's just some ideas, the mod is already great as it is and thx a lot for it! ^^

11 hours ago, Glazed_Golden said:

The tat shows up right where the the label/symbol is already. Are they supposed to be in different positions?

The symbols and labels are either/or. They occupy the same spot, with a different spot for each hold. You choose which one the mod will apply to you, but you can change them in SlaveTats so you can have a mix of symbols and labels, but you can't have both for any given hold because they'll overlap. It sounds like you're asking for a way to have both like this?

Untitled.png

It'd be cool if there was some end-game/bad end type scenario where at some point, after becoming a well known enough whore (or maybe a well-known enough hero who could be exploited to re-invigorate all of Skyrim's economy XD) your character was proclaimed to be the permanent public whore for all of Skyrim. I think it'd be cool at least, not sure if anyone else would like that idea.

1 hour ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

The symbols and labels are either/or. They occupy the same spot, with a different spot for each hold. You choose which one the mod will apply to you, but you can change them in SlaveTats so you can have a mix of symbols and labels, but you can't have both for any given hold because they'll overlap. It sounds like you're asking for a way to have both like this?

Untitled.png

KInd of, I was thinking of it being somewhere else on the body. For instance if Dawnstars label is near the crotch the symbol could be elsewhere, say for instance the thigh, ass, or back. I was thinking along the lines of you're supposed to be advertising yourself to the hold and its citizens, and if the tatoo is only on one side how would they know? It's kind of a given with being naked and all, but I feel like the hold symbol would be a nice touch to include with the symbol.

13 hours ago, Glazed_Golden said:

The tat shows up right where the the label/symbol is already. Are they supposed to be in different positions?

IRC you can choose only whether it's a symbol or a label. Each hold had set spot, so the answer is no, same position for same hold. Anyway, Slavetats goes like Whiterun(symbol), then another hold and so on.

1 hour ago, JahReit said:

I might misunderstand, so excuse my ignorance, but I have symbols and labels for whiterun and solitude and they don't overlap.  I haven't tried any other holds yet.

For the holds they're in different positions, but I was curious if would be possible to have both the label and the symbol on the body. KInd of driving the point of being the property of hold, with the seal/symbol of the hold. I just thought it would be a neat idea.

17 minutes ago, Glazed_Golden said:

For the holds they're in different positions, but I was curious if would be possible to have both the label and the symbol on the body. KInd of driving the point of being the property of hold, with the seal/symbol of the hold. I just thought it would be a neat idea.

You can select same hold twice in Slavetats menu, one for symbol, another for label, but there is no offset setting available (I guess), so they overlap plus you are limiting yourself to just 3 holds. For me 6 slots is waaay to little. Forza has like over 1000 and we should be able go better, than some x360 game ?

1 hour ago, reae said:

You can select same hold twice in Slavetats menu, one for symbol, another for label, but there is no offset setting available (I guess), so they overlap plus you are limiting yourself to just 3 holds. For me 6 slots is waaay to little. Forza has like over 1000 and we should be able go better, than some x360 game ?

You can just raise the limit? I would not recommend to go to 1000 but i have it at 16 and it seems fine. It's a setting in the nioverride.ini, there are comments that explain the settings.

So I had an interesting time yesterday.
Spent 5 hours in a loop that I didn't understand, nor did I ever figure out how to get out of it.
For sake of ease, I enabled Debug Messages to get a better idea of what the game was doing, and here's basically what I witnessed.

PW: Suspended
PW: (Hold Name) Guard Approaching for Reprimand
PW: (Hold Name) Guard Approaching for Reprimand.
PW: Reprimand Timeout

After a bit of that, a guard would eventually stop me to tell me that I have a bounty in another hold. If I asked what for, they'd say for not doing my job as the Public Whore. I'd then be left with only the option to resist, and then be teleported to the Torture Room. If I simply submitted, I'd be taken- with a message box describing being loaded onto a carriage- to Winterhold. The first time this happened, I then got the pop-up saying Winterhold Discovered because I'd never been to Winterhold on this playthrough before. Still had the PW: Suspended messages in the upper-left corner. After trying- and sometimes succeeding- in clearing a simple Gold Quota in Winterhold, PW: Suspended continued, and periodically, the Winterhold Guards would tell me I have a bounty, and I'd be loaded onto another carriage.

Eventually, I got to Markarth where I'd been experimenting with Gold Quota extension punishments, and had gotten caught in a loop of not being allowed to leave Markarth, but every time I was punished with an added quota- got as high as 6M+ Septims before I just used console commands to give myself the gold and sprinted to the Thane to turn it in- and the moment the extended quota was added, I'd be teleported to the outside of the Whiterun Interior cell, looking at the low-poly outer wall of the city, and the flat, muddy, poorly textured because nobody's ever really going to see this grassy field with a nearby drop into the untextured void. This was clearly not Markarth, and so I'd get Punishment Points for leaving the city.

After a while with the Winterhold issue, I got back to Markarth, still seeing PW: Suspended, but made an attempt anyway. I became the Public Whore of Markarth again, and did everything by the book. I asked people to fuck me, I accepted people asking to fuck me, and I got paid. I even turned in a successful Gold Quota. I then checked my progress with Punishment Points, and having started my 'redemption' at 550... It was still 550. I waited another minute, checked again, and it was still 550. Left Markarth, got stopped by another guard, shipped back to Winterhold, did a quota, fast-traveled to Riverwood, waited a week, fast-traveled back to Markarth, did another quota, and Punishment was still at 550.

After 5 hours of this problem, I gave up and reverted to a save made about 6 hours prior.

To be quite honest I'm not sure when I'll get back to this. The code is ridiculously difficult to test, and I learned most of my practical programming knowledge over the course of it's development, meaning older parts of the mod are more entrenched in it, and more prone to problems. Add to that that Skyrim's engine just fucks with me sometimes by triggering or failing to stop behavior packages on an installation-to-installation basis and the development process for PW is one that I now find really unappealing, when I could be spending the time on projects that are more straightforward.

I'm not saying I will or won't get back to it, but it's to-be-determined right now. I'm also not in a phase where I feel like playing Skyrim, which seems to be a prerequisite for working on the mod. I suspect the first thing I'll do upon returning to it is start completely rebuilding a lot of the internal components with refactored pieces of the old ones. Until then if it works for you, great. If not, I wouldn't put too much hope in fixes coming soon.

10 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

You can just raise the limit? I would not recommend to go to 1000 but i have it at 16 and it seems fine. It's a setting in the nioverride.ini, there are comments that explain the settings.

Thank you very much for that info.

4 hours ago, reae said:

Thank you very much for that info.

A side note about giving yourself more slots (body or otherwise - you can give yourself more slots for face and others, too) - only the first 12 are accessible through SlaveTats, that's the mod's limit, but they can be accessed and changed via ShowRaceMenu if you've got tattoo packs that have race menu versions available. I ran into that problem myself (I'd set it at 24 body, but could only see and change 12 in SlaveTats) and had to look it up, so figured I'd share in case.