6 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

All those emotion modifiers depend on the slave 12 traits, is that clear?

Sort of, maybe color coating them to be in line with the rest would make it obvious. I think just explaining what each one does like you have now is sufficient, since the slave will say for example "I am weak to unfairness and anger, but resistant to pleasure" then you know what to avoid and focus on after reading what those mean in the description. 

One thing I'm realizing about all this is that being "weak" to something doesn't always mean it helps you train them, and being "resistant" doesn't always mean it hinders you. For example I assumed being weak to unfairness meant you could train their anger faster rather than lose it faster.

That's all really useful information and probably explains some of the difficulties I've had lol.

Could you explain trauma though? I'm not quite sure I understand that one yet. Weak to distress = higher chance of trauma when shocked, but what occurs when that chance is triggered? 

2 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

Could you explain trauma though? I'm not quite sure I understand that one yet. Weak to distress = higher chance of trauma when shocked, but what occurs when that chance is triggered? 

This one is a quick interpretation of PTSD studies using HEXACO. Distress gives the chance of Trauma happening, and Trauma gives the amount of personality damage.

Edited by TrollAutokill
2 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

One thing I'm realizing about all this is that being "weak" to something doesn't always mean it helps you train them, and being "resistant" doesn't always mean it hinders you. For example I assumed being weak to unfairness meant you could train their anger faster rather than lose it faster.

That's all really useful information and probably explains some of the difficulties I've had lol.

Weak always means easier training.  But personalities with too many weaknesses will certainly make poor fighters, trainers or house masters.

1 hour ago, TrollAutokill said:

Weak always means easier training.  But personalities with too many weaknesses will certainly make poor fighters, trainers or house masters.

Hm. So being weak to unfairness means they lose anger training faster or slower when being punished for no reason? Slower would be "easier," but being "weak" to it would mean they're sensitive to it, right? I'm a bit confused there. 

Distress gives the chance of Trauma happening, and Trauma gives the amount of personality damage.

Right, but what is personality damage? I don't think I've noticed that in the mod yet?

4 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

Right, but what is personality damage? I don't think I've noticed that in the mod yet?

I think it means when they start to feel the direct opposite of their personality, like for example a frigid npc starts to like sex or a proud one is starting you like punishment? Haven't seen it yet but i don't really do much training right now.

13 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

Hm. So being weak to unfairness means they lose anger training faster or slower when being punished for no reason? Slower would be "easier," but being "weak" to it would mean they're sensitive to it, right? I'm a bit confused there. 

Right you got me on this one counter example ?

13 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

For each shock there is a chance of PTSD according to "Distress factor" and 3 personality traits will decrease by amount according to "Trauma factor". Those traits are Calm, Gentle and Lively. So for each PTSD event the NPC will get more and more anxious, grumpy and closed in.

Those are also the three traits determining the distress and Trauma factor. So the chance of distress and amount of trauma will get worse and worse after each event. 

Throwing a restore persona spell at them will reset their traits back to default. Hence curing them of their PTSD. I wish that was that easy in RL.

Edited by TrollAutokill
12 hours ago, Gukahn said:

I think it means when they start to feel the direct opposite of their personality, like for example a frigid npc starts to like sex or a proud one is starting you like punishment? Haven't seen it yet but i don't really do much training right now.

Not implemented yet, but your ideas are now in my to-do list.

For the moment we have trauma and master/trainer perversion implemented as the two means of personality traits changes.

Trauma affects Emotionality/eXtraversion/Agreeableness, HSH trainers will have their Honesty/Anxiety/Open-minded/Perversion lowered, and HSH housemasters will see their Honesty/Intelligence/Boldness/Will raised.

Edited by TrollAutokill

Would a slave stats being locked when they reach the max amount be possible? as an example i have a slave thats in love and was 100 in everything but then i changed there collar and got the confusing slave by removing etc which knocked off a couple of points and as everything else is max it can be a little bit difficult getting the dialogue options to then get it back to 100

Maybe so it isn't to easy  they could have to spend X amount of skyrim time at 100 in everything and then after that they are considered to be fully trained so only something severe like killing one of there friends would make it change

On 8/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, pinky6225 said:

Would a slave stats being locked when they reach the max amount be possible? as an example i have a slave thats in love and was 100 in everything but then i changed there collar and got the confusing slave by removing etc which knocked off a couple of points and as everything else is max it can be a little bit difficult getting the dialogue options to then get it back to 100

Maybe so it isn't to easy  they could have to spend X amount of skyrim time at 100 in everything and then after that they are considered to be fully trained so only something severe like killing one of there friends would make it change

Don't worry about training the stats back up. What you should do is punish the slave (even for no reason, maybe I should implement a specific reason) until they get in shock again. After sometime they should go back to in love/loyal state and their training should go back up automatically.

For this particular example, I will put a check on the slave mood before applying the training loss. But in general, I don't want to suppress this behaviour as it is part of the training.

Edited by TrollAutokill
On 7/28/2021 at 3:47 AM, TrollAutokill said:

I use only two aliases PlayerAlias in DOM01 and DOM2 quests. None of them has the "uses stored text" or "stores text" options clicked. There is no copy of any PAHE quests in the DOM esp, so it can not come from there.

At load, DoM also checks the slave arrays, but does not change the slaves aliases. There is just a loop on slave aliases to cleanup slave_array and slave_names.

it should have occurred to me sooner, but i think i may have figured out the true cause of the bug i was getting. i'll keep testing more to be certain, but if i'm right its not dom related at all. just skyrim muckery:

On 7/27/2021 at 11:43 AM, CliftonJD said:

i can change things up to see if the bug still happens then use the utility to check once it does happen. think i'll try updating diary for the chance its fixed, then avoid enslaving "falmer servants" next time cuz they use the bandit lists as a base and disable the cursed loot combat system to remove the chance its messing with factions. worry about narrow down the solution if that fixes it

falmer servants use bandits as a base, but add them to the falmer servant faction. this makes them allied to falmer, neutral to player, and friend to other falmer servants. i'll be adding this faction to the faction cleanup during enslavement and to the slave reset for next update. if i'm right, this new change should prevent the problem for others

On 7/30/2021 at 7:24 AM, TrollAutokill said:

Version 1.5.0 was working for Oldrim, and is still in the downloads. Newer versions would need the plugin esp and animation hkx files to be back-ported from SE to LE. I don't own LE so I am afraid I can't do it myself.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:21 AM, xyzxyz said:

Is it working for oldrim? The last time I tried the "back-converted" version it didn't work.

i can't help test in oldrim so i need testers to inform us if 1.5 doesn't work. should be getting more time for modding again soon, if 1.5 doesn't work, i'll try a different method to backport the esp to 1.6.3. any new animations added or changed since 1.5 will still need to be backported as well, but that's something i can't help with

Hi guys and gals, when you're finishing testing, I need more input on what to do next.

What I would suggest is to create some special characters. Like the one being holier than thou or the one always failing any escape attempt.  This is ongoing, but if you have some ideas about special events for special personality, I am all ears.

Also, are there any players interested in subclinical traits like narcissism, psycho or Machiavellianism? Those are mostly common for male characters (yes psycho are usually guys), so I am not sure I want to implement them if no one is interested.

Edited by TrollAutokill
5 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

Hi guys and gals, when you're finishing testing, I need more input on what to do next.

I remember we talked about altering slave personality traits a while ago. (Education to increase Smart stat, etc.) I still think that could be a good addition if you're up for making it. 

I'll put the ideas I have for that concept in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Pretty much the idea I have in mind is that you can alter a handful of the traits where it makes sense, usually only in one direction. Overall the purpose is to make it possible to raise the main trainer/taskmistress stats to mold ideal underlings for the household.

1. Smart: This could be done through some kind of education like through books or something, maybe some existing books or some new ones made expressly for this purpose, like the potions "Read that book I gave you." *plays book reading animation* 

Alternatively, maybe if ordered to a HSH trainer could raise a slave's intelligence to be equal their value, meaning you just need one really smart slave to be able to make more. Probably no reason to add a way to make a slave dumber, you just have to find a dumb one in the wild if you're into that.

2. Grumpiness/Sadism: For this one I was thinking of a "come here, slave" dialogue. As in, come here Bandit #1, beat Bandit #2! And then Bandit #2 becomes more grumpy as they start to be resentful and lose empathy with the other slaves. Bandit #1, in turn, could become more dominant perhaps. (Bandit #1 could also refuse and give a punishment reason?) Here I would say maybe slaves can only be made more grumpy, and you have to get lucky and find a naturally kind slave if you want one.

3. Honesty: Here I think some kind of a "quiz" could work in another "come here, slave" dialogue. Like, you ask a question, for example let's say you ask the slave if they know why you are about to punish them. If there is an actual punishment reason and they say "yes because I was crying" or whatever then you do not punish them and praise them instead, raising honesty. If they lie and say "yes" but there actually is NO reason, then you punish them and raise honesty. The inverse also works, if there is NO reason and they say, "I am not sure" you praise them to raise honesty, and if there IS a reason and they say "no" then you can punish them to raise it too.

3a. Dishonesty: I'm not sure about this next part but maybe you could also lower honesty in a way that makes sense as well, as in, you ask them why you are going to punish them when there is no reason, and then praise them if they make up a reason. This sort of encourages a blind "tell me what I want to hear, not the truth" sort of dynamic, which is the only way I can picture a reasonable means to encourage both dishonesty and obedience simultaneously. This way you can make trainers unlawful and taskmistresses honest, since this value is used by both of them in each direction.

4. Shallowness: For this one I was thinking you just sort of verbally abuse the slave until they become more reserved. Saying things like "Nobody cares about who you are, you're just a slave!" "Shut up about yourself!" etc. This makes them more shallow each time, and then there's a cooldown of a few hours or something.

5. Bold/Willful: For these two I'm not sure where to go exactly. Since the slaves get better at their jobs over time, maybe these traits should just come in naturally that way.

6. Calm: This one is sort of tough to figure out as well. Maybe leave it alone too and the slaves will improve from doing the job over time.

Since the rest of the traits don't affect training or overseeing, I think those can be left alone since they are mostly for roleplay, and may not make sense to be "trained" anyway.

The endgoal I'm thinking of is being able to turn any slave into any kind of worker you want, with enough time and effort, that way you don't have to look for the perfect trainer only to find its one of the ugliest bandits you've seen and now you have to keep it. Of course, finding a slave that is already or almost a good trainer makes things super easy, so the incentive to search for good ones is still there.

Another thing that was talked about earlier in the thread was something about food/drink for slaves. I think an entire realistic needs system for the slaves would be overkill, but maybe deliberately giving them food or drink improves anger training and makes them like you more. Unlawfuls like alcohol more, nervous wrecks like skooma more, and delicate daisies like sweet rolls, honey nut treats, and taffy more. Anything else gives flat bonus to anger training, but appealing to what they like more is like double or something. Where it might get weird is with food mods, not sure how to handle that. Idk, maybe its worth implementing but maybe not, either way I thought I would share the idea again. 

Last idea I got right now is some kind of "branding" mechanic. An animation where you stick a hot brand onto the slave and apply something through SlaveTats. On its own that could be cool, but maybe doing that forces resignation to 20 or 40 or something, or puts them in shock, shame, or whatever. I always mark my slaves but doing it through the SlaveTats MCM is not healthy for immersion :( I know that "Branding Device of Doom" exists but its this big dwarven contraption that looks weird, and hardly ever aligns properly. I think a simple player/npc animation with a hot poker involved could get the job done, then you can pick face, ass, shoulder, boob, etc. for the tat location. 

6 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

Also, are there any players interested in subclinical traits like narcissism, psycho or Machiavellianism? Those are mostly common for male characters (yes psycho are usually guys), so I am not sure I want to implement them if no one is interested.

To be honest I can say personally I probably wouldn't make much use of those, but I don't speak for everyone  :x 

Sorry for the long-ass post, just dumping all the ideas I have atm. Hope some of them are inspiring. ;) 

7 hours ago, InsanityFactor said:

I remember we talked about altering slave personality traits a while ago. (Education to increase Smart stat, etc.) I still think that could be a good addition if you're up for making it. 

I'll put the ideas I have for that concept in the spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much the idea I have in mind is that you can alter a handful of the traits where it makes sense, usually only in one direction. Overall the purpose is to make it possible to raise the main trainer/taskmistress stats to mold ideal underlings for the household.

1. Smart: This could be done through some kind of education like through books or something, maybe some existing books or some new ones made expressly for this purpose, like the potions "Read that book I gave you." *plays book reading animation* 

Alternatively, maybe if ordered to a HSH trainer could raise a slave's intelligence to be equal their value, meaning you just need one really smart slave to be able to make more. Probably no reason to add a way to make a slave dumber, you just have to find a dumb one in the wild if you're into that.

2. Grumpiness/Sadism: For this one I was thinking of a "come here, slave" dialogue. As in, come here Bandit #1, beat Bandit #2! And then Bandit #2 becomes more grumpy as they start to be resentful and lose empathy with the other slaves. Bandit #1, in turn, could become more dominant perhaps. (Bandit #1 could also refuse and give a punishment reason?) Here I would say maybe slaves can only be made more grumpy, and you have to get lucky and find a naturally kind slave if you want one.

3. Honesty: Here I think some kind of a "quiz" could work in another "come here, slave" dialogue. Like, you ask a question, for example let's say you ask the slave if they know why you are about to punish them. If there is an actual punishment reason and they say "yes because I was crying" or whatever then you do not punish them and praise them instead, raising honesty. If they lie and say "yes" but there actually is NO reason, then you punish them and raise honesty. The inverse also works, if there is NO reason and they say, "I am not sure" you praise them to raise honesty, and if there IS a reason and they say "no" then you can punish them to raise it too.

3a. Dishonesty: I'm not sure about this next part but maybe you could also lower honesty in a way that makes sense as well, as in, you ask them why you are going to punish them when there is no reason, and then praise them if they make up a reason. This sort of encourages a blind "tell me what I want to hear, not the truth" sort of dynamic, which is the only way I can picture a reasonable means to encourage both dishonesty and obedience simultaneously. This way you can make trainers unlawful and taskmistresses honest, since this value is used by both of them in each direction.

4. Shallowness: For this one I was thinking you just sort of verbally abuse the slave until they become more reserved. Saying things like "Nobody cares about who you are, you're just a slave!" "Shut up about yourself!" etc. This makes them more shallow each time, and then there's a cooldown of a few hours or something.

5. Bold/Willful: For these two I'm not sure where to go exactly. Since the slaves get better at their jobs over time, maybe these traits should just come in naturally that way.

6. Calm: This one is sort of tough to figure out as well. Maybe leave it alone too and the slaves will improve from doing the job over time.

Since the rest of the traits don't affect training or overseeing, I think those can be left alone since they are mostly for roleplay, and may not make sense to be "trained" anyway.

The endgoal I'm thinking of is being able to turn any slave into any kind of worker you want, with enough time and effort, that way you don't have to look for the perfect trainer only to find its one of the ugliest bandits you've seen and now you have to keep it. Of course, finding a slave that is already or almost a good trainer makes things super easy, so the incentive to search for good ones is still there.

Another thing that was talked about earlier in the thread was something about food/drink for slaves. I think an entire realistic needs system for the slaves would be overkill, but maybe deliberately giving them food or drink improves anger training and makes them like you more. Unlawfuls like alcohol more, nervous wrecks like skooma more, and delicate daisies like sweet rolls, honey nut treats, and taffy more. Anything else gives flat bonus to anger training, but appealing to what they like more is like double or something. Where it might get weird is with food mods, not sure how to handle that. Idk, maybe its worth implementing but maybe not, either way I thought I would share the idea again. 

Last idea I got right now is some kind of "branding" mechanic. An animation where you stick a hot brand onto the slave and apply something through SlaveTats. On its own that could be cool, but maybe doing that forces resignation to 20 or 40 or something, or puts them in shock, shame, or whatever. I always mark my slaves but doing it through the SlaveTats MCM is not healthy for immersion :( I know that "Branding Device of Doom" exists but its this big dwarven contraption that looks weird, and hardly ever aligns properly. I think a simple player/npc animation with a hot poker involved could get the job done, then you can pick face, ass, shoulder, boob, etc. for the tat location. 

To be honest I can say personally I probably wouldn't make much use of those, but I don't speak for everyone  :x 

Sorry for the long-ass post, just dumping all the ideas I have atm. Hope some of them are inspiring. ;) 

Yes I agree clinical traits are not so interesting for this mod.

As for your other ideas, I will put them in my list and start to think about which one could be implemented.

5 hours ago, TrollAutokill said:

As for your other ideas, I will put them in my list and start to think about which one could be implemented.

Sounds good, happy to share :) 

One last idea that I just remembered we spoke of before is slaves asking the player for sex. Personality could play into that nicely, and then aside from that probably sex/anger/resignation training requirements.

1 hour ago, InsanityFactor said:

Sounds good, happy to share :) 

One last idea that I just remembered we spoke of before is slaves asking the player for sex. Personality could play into that nicely, and then aside from that probably sex/anger/resignation training requirements.

Well one way to implement the slaves coming to ask the pc for sex could be determined, could be through training of the frigid/sensual trait. A slave trained to be more sensual could become a nympho and start requesting sex from the player where as a frigid slave could become more of a ice queen and would actively try to avoid sex by some means or another. Maybe making up excuses for why they cant have sex like being busy attending guests or having been told to clean the house by the task mistress since these already exist with in home sweet home.

Another idea (don't know how fessible this one would be) in regards to slaves with high combat training could have inflated egos that could tie into the pit fights from AYGAS. Think kind of how the egos/personalities of the gladiators were in that older show spartacus blood and sand. The best had a kind of rock star attitude while the other lesser gladiators were conniving opportunists. 

Edited by sparral

@TrollAutokill

Also looking at your list on the description of the Completed, Started, and Planned items. Have you considered reaching out to @Gunslicer to see if he would be willing to create some animations for this mod in regards to these lines from your description page.

- Adding more interactions: Slave body check, order to masturbate, forced foreplay, threatening, ... Again, animation suggestions are welcome.
- Looking into adding more expressive idles New idle suggestions welcome (look down, cries softly, beg for mercy, ...) 
Edit: to add to this line above about idle suggestions I will add my input by suggesting a fidgeting idle for slaves in a nervous state and possibly a appalled like expression/idle when using the check slave value dialogue option.

Because the man is a true talent at creating idle animations and if he was willing to assist in creating a few idles for this mod you could be assured by the quality of his existing work that he could make such expressive idles for what you are still looking for from those lines I pasted here.

Edited by sparral

I think I may have a bug. The "slaves express feelings through topics" option doesn't appear to work? I'm not actually sure what I'm supposed to see with that enabled, let me know what I should be looking for. I remember once telling a slave to stop talking about it, and I got a punishment reason for it, but I never noticed any kind of comment.

By the way, on my previous post, maybe telling them to shut up and punishing them for it makes them more shallow and the chance that they make a remark is based on openness (if it's not already based on that :/)

50 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

I think I may have a bug. The "slaves express feelings through topics" option doesn't appear to work? I'm not actually sure what I'm supposed to see with that enabled, let me know what I should be looking for. I remember once telling a slave to stop talking about it, and I got a punishment reason for it, but I never noticed any kind of comment.

By the way, on my previous post, maybe telling them to shut up and punishing them for it makes them more shallow and the chance that they make a remark is based on openness (if it's not already based on that :/)

Chance of expressing feelings is based on extraversion (lively) and if you told them to shut up or not. Openness is how ones feel about new ideas, new experiences, it's not used for those dialogues.

What you should see, is random dialogues appearing with slaves telling their feelings according to their training level. Basically what you can see with the dialogue option "How are you feeling slave", but for one training stat only.

I do have the same bug as you: With most games these random dialogues disappear after some time. If I load an old save or restart a new game they come back. I am still trying to debug that part. It's like the command actor.say(topic) stops working.

Chance of expressing feelings is based on extraversion (lively) and if you told them to shut up or not. Openness is how ones feel about new ideas, new experiences, it's not used for those dialogues.

What you should see, is random dialogues appearing with slaves telling their feelings according to their training level. Basically what you can see with the dialogue option "How are you feeling slave", but for one training stat only.

I do have the same bug as you: With most games these random dialogues disappear after some time. If I load an old save or restart a new game they come back. I am still trying to debug that part. It's like the command actor.say(topic) stops working.

Right sorry, I meant lively, I mix those up a lot. Makes perfect sense then.

But I've never even seen it at all. The punishment reason applies though so the mod thinks it's done it but nothing ever appears. Sounds like you're already aware of some issues with that bit though anyway :)