11 minutes ago, TrollAutokill said:

I don't know. Check the value in your inventory.

Ah didnt realise you meant the store/gold coin value, yeah that will be higher from having any enchantment on it with the value going up the more powerful the enchantment is

29 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

So what would be checked is different

And I'm saying it doesn't need to be different.  

Just an example—not saying this is necessarily the best configuration.  Let's organise as many keywords as you think are relevant into two categories:

• Type A: ClothingRich = JewelryExpensive == (If slave is well-trained) ClothingSexy = EroticArmor
  • Type B: ClothingShame = zad_Property_Humiliating == (If slave is not well-trained) ClothingSexy = EroticArmor == (If slave is not "from a laborer family") ClothingPoor

And then let's have slaves express their full range of reactions to any item from either of the above categories.

• Giving a slave a Type A item would both cause her to "consider it positively" (not sure exactly how that's realised, but I suppose it's something like mood push away from Shamedand view it as a token of affection that helps her recover from jealousy and upsets her if taken away.
  • Giving a slave a Type B item would cause her to feel humiliated, and would (tentatively) have no effect on jealousy, and would of course not upset her when taken away.

Play with the details all you want.  Add more vanilla jewellery-related keywords into the mix if you think it useful.  I don't lay any claim to authority on the specific details.  I'm just saying these two disparate systems could, and I strongly believe should, be unified into a single system.

3 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

And I'm saying it doesn't need to be different.  

Just an example—not saying this is necessarily the best configuration.  Let's organise as many keywords as you think are relevant into two categories:

• Type A: ClothingRich = JewelryExpensive == (If slave is well-trained) ClothingSexy = EroticArmor
  • Type B: ClothingShame = zad_Property_Humiliating == (If slave is not well-trained) ClothingSexy = EroticArmor == (If slave is not "from a laborer family") ClothingPoor

And then let's have slaves express their full range of reactions to any item from either of the above categories.

• Giving a slave a Type A item would both cause her to "consider it positively" (not sure exactly how that's realised, but I suppose it's something like mood push away from Shamedand view it as a token of affection that helps her recover from jealousy and upsets her if taken away.
  • Giving a slave a Type B item would cause her to feel humiliated, and would (tentatively) have no effect on jealousy, and would of course not upset her when taken away.

Play with the details all you want.  Add more vanilla jewellery-related keywords into the mix if you think it useful.  I don't lay any claim to authority on the specific details.  I'm just saying these two disparate systems could, and I strongly believe should, be unified into a single system.

Don't really see how that would work

I.e.

image.png.c9c99cfbf660f2c546dfd2234577119e.png

Has

image.png.b9ba030cd3e75461e2d4b76cd8d33dc8.png

Its a full body garment so no tits or pussy (or cock if your male) is on display so one would assume no shame or humilation from wandering around in that

image.png.b3933cf1ec8e6b27520f5e3ce48d1543.png

Has

image.png.06520c13db1d7eea3038227a17df9d17.png

It only covers the head, all the body is on display so if your wandering around in only this feel thats prolly a high shame/humilation value

So ClothingRich can't equal JewelryExpensive for the check as your saying that someone wearing a circlet is the same as someone wearing full body clothes

You seem to have forgotten what the current implementation does.

10 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

So ClothingRich can't equal JewelryExpensive for the check as your saying that someone wearing a circlet is the same as someone wearing full body clothes

Why would you assume they're wearing only the item with the keyword?  We're not talking about outfits.  We're talking about the effect of a single item.  And nudity is already handled independently of item keywords.  Whether or not you love your new circlet and feel proud to wear it is completely independent of whatever else you're wearing (or not wearing, as the case may be).  

And trust me, failing to cover your genitalia is far from the only way an article of clothing can be embarrassing to wear!  If that's your argument, well, you're arguing against the current implementation equally as much as what I've suggested.  In 2.10.1 (and for quite a few versions now), clothing that covers one's genitals has had the potential to humiliate a slave.  

The interaction between clothing and humiliation works exactly the same in the current build as it would in the sketch I outlined above.  Give your slave some Ragged Robes and see what she says.

Edited by Antiope_Apollonia
10 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

You seem to have forgotten what the current implementation does.

Why would you assume they're wearing only the item with the keyword?  We're not talking about outfits.  We're talking about the effect of a single item.  And nudity is already handled independently of item keywords.  Whether or not you love your new circlet and feel proud to wear it is completely independent of whatever else you're wearing (or not wearing, as the case may be).  

And trust me, failing to cover your genitalia is far from the only way an article of clothing can be embarrassing to wear!  If that's your argument, well, you're arguing against the current implementation equally as much as what I've suggested.  In 2.10.1 (and for quite a few versions now), clothing that covers one's genitals has had the potential to humiliate a slave.  

The interaction between clothing and humiliation works exactly the same in the current build as it would in the sketch I outlined above.  Give your slave some Ragged Robes and see what she says.

Then like everyone else i'm missing your point, can you give some examples of the items with keywords you feel should be grouped as maybe then i will get what you are talking about

36 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Then like everyone else i'm missing your point, can you give some examples of the items with keywords you feel should be grouped as maybe then i will get what you are talking about

I have no idea how to be any clearer.

I'm saying I don't see any reason why there's some fundamental difference between how a slave would react to a cute hat and how she'd react to a cute circlet.  

Right now (broadly speaking), giving her the cute hat affects shame, and giving her the cute circlet affects jealousy.  Why shouldn't both items affect her propensity to express both moods? 

Why not simplify things so that, either she likes the thing on her head and feels proud to wear it and is grateful to Mistress for giving it to her, or she hates the thing on her head and feels ashamed to wear it and has no sentimental attachment to it?

19 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

I'm saying I don't see any reason why there's some fundamental difference between how a slave would react to a cute hat and how she'd react to a cute circlet.  

Right now (broadly speaking), giving her the cute hat affects shame, and giving her the cute circlet affects jealousy.  Why shouldn't both items affect her propensity to express both moods? 

Why not simplify things so that, either she likes the thing on her head and feels proud to wear it and is grateful to Mistress for giving it to her, or she hates the thing on her head and feels ashamed to wear it and has no sentimental attachment to it?

I think I get it? So you mean to say that each item should either be good or bad. Jewelry and nice clothes should be a good thing, poor clothes should be a bad thing. Sexy clothes fit into either one depending on the context. Is that more or less what you're getting at? 

32 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Giving examples would be clearer

Perhaps i don't understand the mechanic as well but jealousy is something that applies to in love slaves and in my experience when a slave has been a slave long enough to get to that there stats are already near or maxed out i.e. the ones that actually get bumped by giving them something with clothingpoor

Giving a slave with 100 humilation something with clothingpoor has no real effect as that stat can't go above 100 so other than a notification saying they feel humilated it has no real effect

A slave that hates me as they are not in love is not going to be jealous of me paying attention to another slave so giving them something to make them not jealous is also not going to have any effect

This slave which i've not really bothered to train much yet, apparently i disgust her so giving her all the jewelry in the world is going to do what?

NotInLove.jpg.c20edc3576324f1c634501050b8915fd.jpg

So in what scenario is combining this all into one actually going to come into play?

Edited by pinky6225
9 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

I think I get it? So you mean to say that each item should either be good or bad. Jewelry and nice clothes should be a good thing, poor clothes should be a bad thing. Sexy clothes fit into either one depending on the context. Is that more or less what you're getting at? 

Hallelujah, someone gets it.

Y'all are making this so complicated.  All I'm trying to say every way I can think to say it is to keep it simple.

10 minutes ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

Hallelujah, someone gets it.

Ok, so I understand what you mean then. But at the same time, I understand why it's set up the way it is. This may just come down to a disagreement in implementation. 

It sounds like clothes could end up functioning like you're describing at some point in the future, but for now they are separate tools. Clothes are what you think of the slave, jewelry is an intentional gift to them. So you give good slaves good clothes, and then jewelry if you want. Jewelry makes them feel better and love you, clothes make them feel valued (or not). 

Again I understand your perspective, but I'm just describing what I believe to be the intention right now, and like I said it looks like it's just a difference of opinion at this stage. 

Now can we all be friends again?  :)

16 minutes ago, InsanityFactor said:

Again I understand your perspective, but I'm just describing what I believe to be the intention right now, and like I said it looks like it's just a difference of opinion at this stage. 

My fundamental point is that DoM is really complex.  I know from having read every post in the PAHE threads going back the best part of a year that that complexity scares a lot of people off.  And this present discussion evinces that even many long-time users have trouble keeping track of all of DoM's mechanics already.  Regardless, most of the complexity is well-justified, and DoM does a ton of really awesome things that require some complex systems to support them.  But still, I remain a big advocate of simplicity and subtractive design where possible.  Complexity that directly adds to the richness of the DoM experience is wonderful, but especially given how much complexity is essential to what DoM does, it is all the more important that needless complexity be eliminated wherever possible.  

Having two separate mechanics to govern "Does my slave like this item or not?" seems like an abundantly clear example of complexity that isn't necessary and would better be eliminated.

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance." —Coco Chanel

"Everything should be as simple as it can be, but not simpler." —Einstein, perhaps apocryphal in exact phrasing

Mixing up en-dashes and em-dashes oh my!
On 5/12/2022 at 12:18 AM, Kalysto said:

Well... that reminds me that one day I'll try to peruse PLANCK (a VR mod that allows touching/pushing NPCs) and SinfulCBP to simulate touching slaves.

That would allow us to arouse and/or annoy slaves depending where we touch/press/push/punch. I also want to be able to grab by the neck, I currently can with PLANCK but the NPC doesn't know what I'm doing. That would be so exciting....

I looked at PLANCK video a,d it does look impressive.

Which VR set do you use?

Version 2.10.2 is out

This is a development version, stay on 2.9.x if you are wary.

Recently anger training was harder than other trainings. I added two new features trying to balance that.
 - Threat "control your rage" helps the slave not getting angry at player for "no reason" punishments, friends being punished and greed.
 - When slave anger training goes down (because of punishment for nor reason, friends being punished or because of greed) it gives a "being angry" reason for punishment, even if the slave is not in an angry mood.

- LE plugin included.

Edited by TrollAutokill

Thanks for the update?. I have a question: i enslaved Tova Shattershield, trained her until she was inlove with me, now i want to sell her back to her husband. I get the Dialogue-Option "I have news...", he answers "So, what about that?", and nothing else happens (her standing directly next to me). 

2 hours ago, kf05 said:

Thanks for the update?. I have a question: i enslaved Tova Shattershield, trained her until she was inlove with me, now i want to sell her back to her husband. I get the Dialogue-Option "I have news...", he answers "So, what about that?", and nothing else happens (her standing directly next to me). 

Did you try to ransom her already? We might have to look at it in n sssedit and CK to understand what's going on. First is their relationship correctly set up in Skyrim?

As always I love the work you are doing Troll

One question, or request....

Is there any way to turn off the slaves calling for help, I have a lot of slaves and it is driving me crazy cuz I am missing all the more important messages?

28 minutes ago, Caryn said:

As always I love the work you are doing Troll

One question, or request....

Is there any way to turn off the slaves calling for help, I have a lot of slaves and it is driving me crazy cuz I am missing all the more important messages?

Go to MCM Diary Of Mine menu in the debug tab (could be wrong but should be there) disable the alarm feature.

That will disable all the call for help. Or did you mean just a part of it?

Edited by TrollAutokill

Hi Troll,

it is probably me but I already have all the alarms turned off... sadly it doesnt appear to stop them "trying" to call for help, it just stops them from actually calling for help.. i have about 100 slaves and my screen is constantly filled with a never ending list of slave blah blah is trying to call for help ?

4 minutes ago, Caryn said:

Hi Troll,

it is probably me but I already have all the alarms turned off... sadly it doesnt appear to stop them "trying" to call for help, it just stops them from actually calling for help.. i have about 100 slaves and my screen is constantly filled with a never ending list of slave blah blah is trying to call for help ?

I see. I will make sure the toggle is actually checked at the beginning, for next version.

Just to be sure, you only have messages if you are in the same cell, right?

Edited by TrollAutokill
2 minutes ago, TrollAutokill said:

I see. I will make sure the toggle is actually checked at the beginning, for next version.

Just to be sure, you only have messages if you are in the same cell, right?

yes absolutely , I don't know why but I like to keep my slaves with me (well most of them) and I have the rig to handle it ,but yes it is only slaves in the same cell that continue to try to call for help

Is there a variable I can set with the console to set the initial "seed" for the sequential GS Poses with "Just be cute"?  I'm about three quarters finished tagging the animations, but I fucked something up, and I'd really like to avoid having to loop all the way back around, lol.