[mod] Physical Attributes

On 4/2/2021 at 10:38 PM, buxxuc said:

Thank you for the mod, it surely looks interesting and Id love to use it in my game! I have a question tho:

Is there any ways where I can manually modify muscles in the game to my liking?

I was going to respond to the post below and I realized that I didn't fully answer this question. In common\script_values there's a file called muscle_value which is just the list of script values that determine muscles. Feel free to change anything in there. I don't super like the list I have now and will probably come back to it at some point but am open to suggestions. A simple change would be to either raise min = 0 or lower max =100 which would change the way every character looks.

10 hours ago, ieraceu said:

Just an FYI, for those that don't want a hulk of nature when they get a bunch of skill/traits, I've attached a modified muscularity.txt that changes the max from 1 to 0.75. Drop it in Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod\physical_attributes\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers. I spend like 4 hours trying to figure out how to stop my characters from hulking out, and be able to copy in DNA without the characters looking like flesh skeletons. Therefore, I thought I'd share and hopefully keep others from wasting time not playing the game.

This is what the musculature should be look like at the capped max:

image.thumb.png.1ad6aef60da27fe692956565b11ff526.png

muscularity.txt 1.33 kB · 1 download

So fyi, this mod will mess with absolutely any attempt to copy in character DNA. This is because it as soon as you start a game all of these values will be zeroed out immediately and seeded with genetic values. I've made these values modifiable in debug mode with character interactions. The face will stay the same but any other resemblance between the copied DNA and your character is coincidental.

As to changing the max value of muscularity changing that file will change the way the character looks but won't change the values in game. This just means that the weight values might look wierd some time. I would suggest changing the script values instead that I put into the mod to make it easy to modify the characters to your liking.

common\script_values the file you are looking for is muscle_values change max from 100 to 75.

Just FYI I’ve noticed that the skeletal characters issue comes up a ton with people who like to create their own characters. It seems to not be related to the gene values but the gene template. Specifically the game uses body_shape_average_clothed to prevent characters from clipping out of their clothes but no characters are supposed to actually have this gene. It looks weird and skeletal because it’s not meant to be seen.

I don’t create characters so I’m not sure why so many created characters have this gene template. I suspect that it’s because it’s the first template listed in the gene file. 

muscle_value.txt

5 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

So fyi, this mod will mess with absolutely any attempt to copy in character DNA. This is because it as soon as you start a game all of these values will be zeroed out immediately and seeded with genetic values. I've made these values modifiable in debug mode with character interactions. The face will stay the same but any other resemblance between the copied DNA and your character is coincidental.

As to changing the max value of muscularity changing that file will change the way the character looks but won't change the values in game. This just means that the weight values might look wierd some time. I would suggest changing the script values instead that I put into the mod to make it easy to modify the characters to your liking.

common\script_values the file you are looking for is muscle_values change max from 100 to 75.

Just FYI I’ve noticed that the skeletal characters issue comes up a ton with people who like to create their own characters. It seems to not be related to the gene values but the gene template. Specifically the game uses body_shape_average_clothed to prevent characters from clipping out of their clothes but no characters are supposed to actually have this gene. It looks weird and skeletal because it’s not meant to be seen.

I don’t create characters so I’m not sure why so many created characters have this gene template. I suspect that it’s because it’s the first template listed in the gene file. 

muscle_value.txt 5.48 kB · 1 download

Thanks!

Also, while I did see the skeleton issue with custom characters, after downloading your animation mod, it also was happening with characters spawned by Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu (not sure if this happens to all spawned characters). Which is why I ended up downloading this mod. They now look normal. Just a suggestion, but you may think about adding a requirement for this mod for those that want custom characters and your animation mod.

Great work btw!

18 hours ago, ieraceu said:

Thanks!

Also, while I did see the skeleton issue with custom characters, after downloading your animation mod, it also was happening with characters spawned by Daddy Pika's Cheat Menu (not sure if this happens to all spawned characters). Which is why I ended up downloading this mod. They now look normal. Just a suggestion, but you may think about adding a requirement for this mod for those that want custom characters and your animation mod.

Great work btw!

Thanks!

I downloaded that mod to try to see where the weird interaction is. I think I'm going to just change it so negative muscularity doesn't make you skinny anymore. I'll probably just figure out a different shape to use to give the impression of weakness.

I suppose this doesn't really interact with carnalitas.  Would be pretty sweet to get the schlong and tit traits bound to the values for a better presentation. I've not looked at the code, but how hard would it be to bind those traits to the value?

37 minutes ago, Mams said:

I suppose this doesn't really interact with carnalitas.  Would be pretty sweet to get the schlong and tit traits bound to the values for a better presentation. I've not looked at the code, but how hard would it be to bind those traits to the value?

I expect to get around to it eventually. It will be a little annoying but not too bad. Would mainly just be overwriting the traits to be non-genetic and setting up on actions to give and take the traits based on their values. It would have to be hooked up to their genetic value not their actual value but that's not a huge deal since one derives from the other. Only issue would be that I would want to come up with trait icons/localization for butt sizes, and height (maybe weight) and that's such a simple thing that I'm not really good at.

Have been playing around with your mod. I love the approach but there is a lot to digest. In the character window you provide a lot of extra information using small icons. The "lustful" icon shows three values Desire, Libido and Sexual Skill. Where does the third value come from? In my game it is always at 0 and I can't find it in the mod files. Is this still work in progress?

29 minutes ago, joemann said:

Have been playing around with your mod. I love the approach but there is a lot to digest. In the character window you provide a lot of extra information using small icons. The "lustful" icon shows three values Desire, Libido and Sexual Skill. Where does the third value come from? In my game it is always at 0 and I can't find it in the mod files. Is this still work in progress?

When I was developing Coetus Animus I was playing around with ways to make sexual satisfaction (desire reduction) more than just an attraction proportion. One of the ways was sexual skill, another thing I was thinking of was allowing the player to selection positions etc that might have different effects. I ended up simplifying it because I couldn't make any of it work well together in a cohesive way, I just forgot to remove it from the tooltip localization. I still want to add another element to satisfaction, I'm just not sure how especially without decreasing performance.

I was wondering if the small trait icons you use in the character window could be used to replace some of the "body" traits. You already use a breast trait icon. I have tried to have the breast icon change in function of the character's breast size . I noticed that you had two icon blocks for the penis_size:

Spoiler

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'penis_size_gui' )]"
                                            visible = "[ScriptedGui.IsShown( GuiScope.SetRoot( Character.MakeScope ).End )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            texture = "gfx/interface/icons/dick_gui.dds"
                                            tooltip = "penis_size_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'penis_size_metric_gui' )]"
                                            visible = "[ScriptedGui.IsShown( GuiScope.SetRoot( Character.MakeScope ).End )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            tooltip = "penis_size_metric_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

Although they have different scripted_guis, they share the same icon. I have tried to do the same for the breast icon, but with different icons. I hoped that using  different breast sizes as triggers in the scripted gui would show the appropriate icon for the character. Instead I get both icons. The scriped gui only calls the tooltip. The solution would probably lie in the code in the <visible = > line However I have no idea how to script that ( if it is possible ).

Do you think it is possible to have different icons.?

13 minutes ago, joemann said:

I was wondering if the small trait icons you use in the character window could be used to replace some of the "body" traits. You already use a breast trait icon. I have tried to have the breast icon change in function of the character's breast size . I noticed that you had two icon blocks for the penis_size:

Hide contents

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'penis_size_gui' )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            tooltip = "penis_size_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'penis_size_metric_gui' )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            tooltip = "penis_size_metric_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

Although they have different scripted_guis, they share the same icon. I have tried to do the same for the breast icon, but with different icons. I hoped that using  different breast sizes as triggers in the scripted gui would show the appropriate icon for the character. Instead I get both icons. The scriped gui only calls the tooltip. The solution would probably lie in the code in the <visible = > line However I have no idea how to script that ( if it is possible ).

Do you think it is possible to have different icons.?

It's totally possible using the same method. As long as the data contexts reference the correct different scripted guis it would have to be in how you scripted the scripted gui. Look in the customizable localization file. That's where the cup sizes are defined, so that would show you how to format triggers based on breast size.

It's also possible that it's an error with the script you replaced in the gui. Scripting guis is much more precise than scripting the text files. Things like adding spaces and capitals don't matter in text files but do in Guis.

Thanks! I managed to do it and get rid of a lot of traits now. Although the inconvenience of that is that it is easier to search on traits than on variables.

I managed to do the above by copying parts of your gui script. I am trying to do something else now but here I am lost.

I have made a gui icon and in the tooltip I want to show character names that are pulled from a list. I get the icon and can see part of the tooltip but I can't get it to reproduce the characters pulled from the list. This is as far as I got:

The icon block in the window_character_gui

Spoiler

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'sex_history_gui' )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            texture = "gfx/interface/icons/recently_raped_gui.dds"
                                            tooltip = "sex_history_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

The scripted_gui

Spoiler

sex_history_gui = {
    scope = character

is_shown = {
        is_alive = yes
        is_adult = yes
        trigger_if = {
            limit = {
                is_alive = yes

}
            has_character_modifier = recently_raped
        }
    }
}

and finally the gui_localization file

Spoiler

sex_history_gui_tooltip: "Raped: raped by [Character.MakeScope.Var('list_of_rapists').GetCharacter.GetShortUIName]"

Do I need another file?

And what should I use in the localization file. Up to and including ('list_of_rapists') it seems to be correct, but I cant figure out how to pull the character(s) on the list.

PS I just realized I should have posted this in Quick Modding Qustions, sorry.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:23 AM, joemann said:

Thanks! I managed to do it and get rid of a lot of traits now. Although the inconvenience of that is that it is easier to search on traits than on variables.

I managed to do the above by copying parts of your gui script. I am trying to do something else now but here I am lost.

I have made a gui icon and in the tooltip I want to show character names that are pulled from a list. I get the icon and can see part of the tooltip but I can't get it to reproduce the characters pulled from the list. This is as far as I got:

The icon block in the window_character_gui

Reveal hidden contents

icon = {
                                            datacontext = "[GetScriptedGui( 'sex_history_gui' )]"
                                            size = { 30 30 }
                                            texture = "gfx/interface/icons/recently_raped_gui.dds"
                                            tooltip = "sex_history_gui_tooltip"
                                        }

The scripted_gui

Reveal hidden contents

sex_history_gui = {
    scope = character

is_shown = {
        is_alive = yes
        is_adult = yes
        trigger_if = {
            limit = {
                is_alive = yes

}
            has_character_modifier = recently_raped
        }
    }
}

and finally the gui_localization file

Reveal hidden contents

sex_history_gui_tooltip: "Raped: raped by [Character.MakeScope.Var('list_of_rapists').GetCharacter.GetShortUIName]"

Do I need another file?

And what should I use in the localization file. Up to and including ('list_of_rapists') it seems to be correct, but I cant figure out how to pull the character(s) on the list.

PS I just realized I should have posted this in Quick Modding Qustions, sorry.

Seems like you are trying to create a list, and that is more complicated I'm afraid, I haven't done it myself (just edited the way some things are displayed in lists) but I'm pretty sure it can't be done in the localization files in that way. There's a file in gui/shared called "lists" that should have some lists so you can see how the game does it by default, but I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Mange2020 said:

Seems like you are trying to create a list, and that is more complicated I'm afraid, I haven't done it myself (just edited the way some things are displayed in lists) but I'm pretty sure it can't be done in the localization files in that way. There's a file in gui/shared called "lists" that should have some lists so you can see how the game does it by default, but I'm not sure.

I don't want to create a list in the gui itself. Just the same type of icon you use for the attraction variables and the tooltip you get when you hover over it. The only difference is that I don't want to show numbers (values) in the tooltip but the names of certain characters. The characters are stored in a variable list  which already exists. However, if I understand you correctly you can't call the character by using the tooltip localization file in the same way you can call the values. In CK2 you could do this with persistent event_targets.

18 hours ago, sagimine1 said:

Curious question; it is intentional that are all characters have the same values? I was checking the game out a bit, I notice that all of the female values are butt : 50, weight : 100. Male values are weight : 110 penus : 50 and butt : 50?

The values look the same only on the first day of the game time; starting from the second day the values become randomized. Hope this helps

22 hours ago, nexilusius said:

Is there way I can edit values of characters ?

You can use the portrait editor with cheat engine script made for the current version of the game.

- First, make you have access to the debugger for CK3; ever since the release of HOI4 I recalled paradox has hidden access to the debug menu. Now your either force it in launch command, configuration file or a cheat mod specifically give access to console command.

- Then use cheat engine to generator the gene code. Now use the debug menu to access portrait editor. Change the values that you wish; when it come to this mod the mini preview screen does work. You will have to use the second preview to view your character.

- After you done the changes you wish. Then use the cheat engine to overwrite the new gene code. Hope this help.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:36 PM, nexilusius said:

Is there way I can edit values of characters ?

If you are in debug mode then you can right click on the character and you get a section called debug interactions where you can find the option to change them. I needed to click on '5 more' to see them. There are mods on the steam workshop that allow you to go into debug mode mid game if you need.

20 hours ago, sagimine1 said:

You can use the portrait editor with cheat engine script made for the current version of the game.

- First, make you have access to the debugger for CK3; ever since the release of HOI4 I recalled paradox has hidden access to the debug menu. Now your either force it in launch command, configuration file or a cheat mod specifically give access to console command.

- Then use cheat engine to generator the gene code. Now use the debug menu to access portrait editor. Change the values that you wish; when it come to this mod the mini preview screen does work. You will have to use the second preview to view your character.

- After you done the changes you wish. Then use the cheat engine to overwrite the new gene code. Hope this help.

So this method probably won't work with this mod. This is because the mod purposefully overwrites the gene strength given by the game. There is no way to reference the gene strength in the game script (code that looks relatively like English that most modders work with). The gene strength technically can be referenced by the gui code but I don't know of any way to move those values from gui code to script code. 

So to have all these value referenceable via script I set them up using variable which is completely different than this. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:55 PM, joemann said:

I don't want to create a list in the gui itself. Just the same type of icon you use for the attraction variables and the tooltip you get when you hover over it. The only difference is that I don't want to show numbers (values) in the tooltip but the names of certain characters. The characters are stored in a variable list  which already exists. However, if I understand you correctly you can't call the character by using the tooltip localization file in the same way you can call the values. In CK2 you could do this with persistent event_targets.

Ahh, I don't know. I didn't mod CK2 much at all (I think I changed a couple values in the defines files). Generally everything I've figured out has been from poking around the game files to find stuff, though there is some stuff on the wiki. So I don't know whether or not you can, but I don't know how, good luck because something like that would be very useful.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:56 PM, throwing746 said:

If you are in debug mode then you can right click on the character and you get a section called debug interactions where you can find the option to change them. I needed to click on '5 more' to see them. There are mods on the steam workshop that allow you to go into debug mode mid game if you need.

What is the interaction called? Nvm. Found it.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, beriasims said:

Does herculean not increase muscle or is that just me?

It does increase muscle values. What I'm guessing is that you are adding traits via the console? Muscles work like fat does, or at least they are supposed to. Adding a trait will make the person tend toward a certain muscle value over the course of several years. I want to eventually add more variable and events and stuff so that a character's muscle value are linked to their lifestyle and more dynamic as they are more active or more sedentary, so this is a framework for that.