On 2/27/2021 at 7:00 AM, ahnkra said:

So I got a chance this morning (or night depending on how you count your days and nights, I've not been to bed yet, so still night to me lol) to create one of these guys for my game.  I used the base alien red color for him and set the slider to as dark as it would go (so he didnt look pink) and then I applied exuablv-scale_top_tattoo (red obviously) on him (cause i noticed the whole chest to torso area was pretty much flesh and i wanted more scales) and I think it looks awesome!  All I need now is a reptile tail for him. Screen shot for you incase your interested attached ?

I went ahead and used your male bits, but i was a bit unhappy that it came with dangly bits, as well reptiles dont have those.  Still the member itself looks alot better than the other reptile member i found in another mod ages past (it looks like a very cheap dildo with plastic spikes at them end.)  I was very tempted to also use the soft reptile bit from that mod, and the stiff one from yours, but I cant wrap my head around the dangly bits magicaly appearing and then dissapearing back inside again after lol.  So if your doing requests, uhm Tail Please = ) and a version of the male bits without the danglies would be lovely!  anyways thank you very much for this mod, Im sure it will see alot of use in my games from now on.

02-27-21_5-39-06 AM.png

Hey, question -- does this mod still work for you? If so, what mods do you run -- anything with animations, by any chance? I believe there may be a mod requirement that's not listed, as this lizardman mod seems to break even when on its own... but while some people like yourself had it working fine, I'm seeing some comments from around the same time also mentioning the notorious tongue glitch.

18 hours ago, olkl1234 said:

Don't you use WickedWhimsMod?

000.png

Never heard of it, and I'm not usually one for NSFW mods (a bit ironic, me saying that here of all places), so... Man, I think you might have just revealed a hidden requirement for this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 2:36 PM, BEND0GG0 said:

Hey there; any news about a potential fix for Berni's tails being pitch black when used with Saurianthrope's reptile head ?

Amazing work by the way; I've been looking for a decent scaly mod for ages!

I'd also like to know this. I've tried manually adding the tail texture area in S4S but the tails are still black.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments and apologies for waiting so long to update it. Mod is not abandoned, I just haven't had a chance to work on for a while now. There is a separate version for non-WhickedWhims users, on the download page, so the glaring issue with the tongue should be fixed. I have also added support for child and toddler as well as a few dedicated skin tones. Check the update log on the file page for more information.

To address a few of the things mentioned in this thread:

• Hair and makeup
    I definitely want to do more "hair" in the forms of other types of scales, frills etc., or lack thereof. The issue currently, is that it is a bit cumbersome to handle all the variants for export, since sims 4 studio hates objects that are merged in Blender. The less changes I expect to make on the main mesh, the easier these will be, so I will make it as polished as I can beforehand.
    Actually using the regular hair and makeup might be an issue. The texture space beneath doesn't really fit the original head any more. The only way around this would be to move the UV's back into place for the makeup. However, due to how different the shape of the heads are, this will likely cause some issues with the texture.
    The mesh itself is actually a set of teeth that simply flags out the entire head, so I am not sure how I would put the hair back in, since flagging out head also removes the hair.

• Tails and black texture
    I will look into how some of the tail mods work. It seems someone has already figured out that the issue might be the fact that part of the texture map is black, on the CAS part in this mod. I can't recall if this serves any purpose, so it might be a simple fix.

• Lifestate mod + child/toddler
    I am currently working on a trait mod for this and I have added child/toddler support for this purpose mainly. Other than being inheritable and changing your looks it doesn't really do much at the current time and I still need to add a mesh for the baby as well as a way to actually acquire the trait without the console. It might be a neat reward for a career track or something of the sort. I am not really familiar with doing script mods, so unique powers etc. might be a little ways off, though simply modifications such as needs etc. are simple enough.

• Anatomy
    The penis mod was always sort of a last minute addition, though I wanted something that seemed was vaguely reptilian. The testicles and lack of a hemi-penis is a bit of artistic license employed to make it play nice with WickedWhims and most animation. I might experiment a bit with doing something more interesting.

10 hours ago, Saurianthrope said:

Tails and black texture

• I will look into how some of the tail mods work. It seems someone has already figured out that the issue might be the fact that part of the texture map is black, on the CAS part in this mod. I can't recall if this serves any purpose, so it might be a simple fix.

I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on this, but I think the issue is the texture region tails draw from is black/empty on your skin. You should be able to check which area that is in the custom skin texture from the SaveState mod (which AFAIK is the one used as a base by all of SoraFoxy's and Bernise's other tails/furry mods) and simply fill it in your own texture as well.

10 hours ago, Saurianthrope said:
  • Lifestate mod + child/toddler
    I am currently working on a trait mod for this and I have added child/toddler support for this purpose mainly. Other than being inheritable and changing your looks it doesn't really do much at the current time and I still need to add a mesh for the baby as well as a way to actually acquire the trait without the console. It might be a neat reward for a career track or something of the sort. I am not really familiar with doing script mods, so unique powers etc. might be a little ways off, though simply modifications such as needs etc. are simple enough.

One of the main issues I have with anthro mods in Sims 4 is the fact that the "furriness" comes from extra Head Details or parts + tattoos that are not (properly) inheritable, so even if you build your ideal nonhuman family, their offspring will be white-skinned humans with wacky hair colors and distorted eye shapes (if using SaveState/SoraFoxyTeils/Bernise's heads). Which means you have to manually edit toddler/child/YA sims as soon as they are generated to give them the proper look, and then again once they advance life stages. There's also the issue of "NPC children" needing to be manually patched as well, lest abominations be allowed to roam around freely, lol.

I've always thought it sounded like having traits that say "hey, this sim is an anthro (insert species here) and thus must always get (insert matching head parts/tattoos/accessories) equipped" would be possible, but my lack of actual knowledge on Sims modding (I'm mainly a Beth game modder) kept me from looking into it. (That and laziness, TBH). What you say here does seem to confirm my guess about such a thing actually being possible, though. ?

If/when you ever get this system to work properly, would you mind also providing some info on how you did so? As in, what needs to be done to create such a trait, make it inheritable, and then make it so it force-equips the corresponding CAS parts. I might actually try my hand at doing something like this if you were so kind as to share such info, and perhaps I wouldn't be the only one.

In any case, kudos on the update, and I'll make sure to take it for a spin the next time I get back into Sims (which... maybe it's time).

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

One of the main issues I have with anthro mods in Sims 4 is the fact that the "furriness" comes from extra Head Details or parts + tattoos that are not (properly) inheritable, so even if you build your ideal nonhuman family, their offspring will be white-skinned humans with wacky hair colors and distorted eye shapes (if using SaveState/SoraFoxyTeils/Bernise's heads). Which means you have to manually edit toddler/child/YA sims as soon as they are generated to give them the proper look, and then again once they advance life stages. There's also the issue of "NPC children" needing to be manually patched as well, lest abominations be allowed to roam around freely, lol.

I've always thought it sounded like having traits that say "hey, this sim is an anthro (insert species here) and thus must always get (insert matching head parts/tattoos/accessories) equipped" would be possible, but my lack of actual knowledge on Sims modding (I'm mainly a Beth game modder) kept me from looking into it. (That and laziness, TBH). What you say here does seem to confirm my guess about such a thing actually being possible, though. ?

If/when you ever get this system to work properly, would you mind also providing some info on how you did so? As in, what needs to be done to create such a trait, make it inheritable, and then make it so it force-equips the corresponding CAS parts. I might actually try my hand at doing something like this if you were so kind as to share such info, and perhaps I wouldn't be the only one.

In any case, kudos on the update, and I'll make sure to take it for a spin the next time I get back into Sims (which... maybe it's time).

Hey thanks for the comment!

So far what I've accomplished is a trait that enforces the CAS part along with a skin tone (the reason why I added the new skin tones actually). The trait is inheritable if either parent is a lizard. I suspect, I will end up doing multiple inheritable hidden traits that actually handles skin color. As you note, the head can look weird when it's based of an auto-generated Sim. So far, I have disabled some of the modifiable groups in the face, however this obviously sacrifices some of the customization. Another issue is aging up. While it works, so far it does not properly display the CAS part until the household has been reloaded.

My goal right now is to add some piece of furniture or something that can add the trait without the console, and figuring out how to give babies a lizard appearance too. I am starting sympathize with Dr. Conners.

I am looking forward to when I can play as a shark too, so I am happy to share what I know, though I admit that I do not understand XML super well. I can put out something a bit more concrete, once I get an overview over my files. It is still quite some time since I properly worked on it. In any case a few bullet points which might put you in the right direction,:

• The main part is just a buff, that is attached to a trait. The buff uses "appearance_modifier" to enforce the CAS part. Skin tone is not a CAS part, and as far I can tell, can only be applied through using a tag, which will give you a random skin tone matching this tag. To this end I ended up making my own skin tones and tags, so I have control of what gets picked.

image.png.2ab20719da913ce0d04a5922f30ab1b7.png

• The inheritance is handled by the traits.tracker and is fairly easy to do. Though I suspect that it will not play nice with other similar mods, that wants to use this. I might edit to fit some of the popular ones.

• I definitely recommend using Sims 4 Studio. A lot of the time I simply use the "extract tuning feature" and search up a tuning from the game itself, which I suspect does some of the stuff I want to do. I.e. the sad clown buff forces the Sim to wear clown hair and "Plant sim" or "freezing" changes your skin tone to green or blue respectively. 

• TDESC, and more specifically TDESC browser is a godsend (https://lot51.cc/tdesc). This will give you some idea of the structure the tuning.
52 minutes ago, Saurianthrope said:

I am looking forward to when I can play as a shark too

If this is because of my previous track record, I'm afraid Selachii won't be coming to the world of TS4 anytime soon. My knowledge of Sims mod creation is absolutely none at all whatsoever but from what little I've seen not only would it require some work but the result would probably be... not great.

SaveState + SoraFoxy's files do have sharks in them (albeit cartoony ones), though, and that'd be basically the first "species" I'd get the traits set up for if I am to ever learn this stuff, lol.

And if you actually meant to imply you intend to do sharks yourself afterward, then godspeed.

In any case, thanks a lot for the info! Guess I'll have to start reading about how modding works in TS4 to see if I can make heads or tails of any of this, lol.

Edited by Blaze69
On 9/1/2021 at 12:03 AM, Blaze69 said:

If this is because of my previous track record, I'm afraid Selachii won't be coming to the world of TS4 anytime soon. My knowledge of Sims mod creation is absolutely none at all whatsoever but from what little I've seen not only would it require some work but the result would probably be... not great.

SaveState + SoraFoxy's files do have sharks in them (albeit cartoony ones), though, and that'd be basically the first "species" I'd get the traits set up for if I am to ever learn this stuff, lol.

And if you actually meant to imply you intend to do sharks yourself afterward, then godspeed.

In any case, thanks a lot for the info! Guess I'll have to start reading about how modding works in TS4 to see if I can make heads or tails of any of this, lol.

Ha, no sorry I don't have any immidiate plans for shark people I am afraid. In any case, there is probably a lot more comprehensive material out there regarding the basics, than what I can do. If you do give it a shot however, feel free to ask. My knowledge is probably somewhat limited to the specifics of this kind of mod, as I haven't really done anything else for the Sims.

On 9/1/2021 at 7:58 PM, Enigma1_8 said:

any chance of a version of the penis for female/frame sims?

For sure. I might look into it pretty soon. It would be trivial to do if Sims4Studio didn't freak out whenever objects in Blender are merged. I am pretty sure that I can figure out some round about way to do it though.