17 hours ago, Sicon3 said:

Ive been looking for a mod like this for quite awhile now and i have to say So far I'm impressed. Only question I have is how you got the alien skintones for a normal sim? Or are all your example lizardpeople aliens?

Thanks man! The green one in all the examples is an alien. I will upload a few more images to this thread if it will let me. I wasn't entirely sure how the whole thing would appear when uploaded to be honest. There is also an example family on the download page as well containing an alien (green), a vampire (black), a magic user (red) and a normal sim (blue).

The main mesh doesn't come with any color per se, so it will just use whatever skincolor is picked for the Sim. I did this so that the proper body texture depending on the Sim muscle to fat ratio would display. It should however work fine with custom skin tones.

2 hours ago, IsabellaMoringard said:

Looks like it might be time for Caiman from Dorohedoro to make an appearance.

Ha! I suppose that given the circumstance, I should have known what that was before I looked it up. There is one for the watch-list though.

More furry content is always welcome, moreso when it's good quality one on top of that, lol. :classic_shy:

Only suggestion I can make so far is to maybe check out the lizard/dragon tail included in Berni's Collection, as well as the dragon talons. Adding compatibility with it to these mod's textures may be an option, and they could pair up pretty well.

(I don't have ingame screenshots so the one from the mod page will have to do):

Spoiler

13_11.2020_13-00-41.png.862ff2aa92335ec3

Other than that, I'll definitely take this for a spin as soon as I can and come back with any comments or suggestions I may have.

On the topic of skin tones, dunno if it's any of the mods I've installed doing that, but I seem to have access to the alien skin tones for normal sims too, so that's not really a problem. Otherwise, I guess you could look into what SaveState/SoraFoxyTeils/Berni do and add skin colors/detailed patterns as tattoos for extra customization.

And count my vote for children/toddler support! As neat as the existing furry mods are, they kinda break the "flow" of the game since they don't really support younger sims so kids don't match their parents' species until they are teens, and having to endure alien-skinned "human" kids with totally wack chargen options (as I know from experience is the result of anthro sims having kids) all the way to maturity is too jarring to be playable, lol. Be nice to have the kiddos match the parents like one happy lizard family. (Same goes for any other species, but eh, we're talking about the lizards now). ?

Absolutly stunning! Keep it up!?

Will try out this mod here one of the days

On 2/21/2021 at 11:53 PM, Saurianthrope said:

I wanted to see if this sort of stuff garners any kind of interest. I might also consider doing other anthro mods as it was a lot of fun to do.

Yes please! The more types of anthro mods the better. I am currently filling a neighborhood up with furries, but I am starting to have too many of the same species.

21 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

More furry content is always welcome, moreso when it's good quality one on top of that, lol. :classic_shy:

Only suggestion I can make so far is to maybe check out the lizard/dragon tail included in Berni's Collection, as well as the dragon talons. Adding compatibility with it to these mod's textures may be an option, and they could pair up pretty well.

(I don't have ingame screenshots so the one from the mod page will have to do):

Reveal hidden contents

13_11.2020_13-00-41.png.862ff2aa92335ec3

Other than that, I'll definitely take this for a spin as soon as I can and come back with any comments or suggestions I may have.

On the topic of skin tones, dunno if it's any of the mods I've installed doing that, but I seem to have access to the alien skin tones for normal sims too, so that's not really a problem. Otherwise, I guess you could look into what SaveState/SoraFoxyTeils/Berni do and add skin colors/detailed patterns as tattoos for extra customization.

And count my vote for children/toddler support! As neat as the existing furry mods are, they kinda break the "flow" of the game since they don't really support younger sims so kids don't match their parents' species until they are teens, and having to endure alien-skinned "human" kids with totally wack chargen options (as I know from experience is the result of anthro sims having kids) all the way to maturity is too jarring to be playable, lol. Be nice to have the kiddos match the parents like one happy lizard family. (Same goes for any other species, but eh, we're talking about the lizards now). ?

Thanks for the input, I am totally on board with you here! I definitly think it could be cool to frame the mod better, or add 'flow' to it as you put it. In fact, what I would really like to do would be to figure out if there would be a way to essentially inheritet the CAS part(s).

I do seem to recall that I was succesful in tieing the CAS part to a custom trait, (albeit one that could only be added through the console). So there are a lot of options here, but I will need to expand my technical knowledge on Sims mods a bit. In the mean time, I might just start working on a child/toddler version, though there are some tweaks to the main mesh I would like to do first. In specific I think it would make a lot of things easier if the Sim "beneath" the CAS part still looked relatively normal when the part is removed.

I might look into compatibility with some specific popular mods as well, it all might depend on how they use textures. I dropped the idea of a tail myself, since I wasn't really satisfied with the lack of animation. It might be an idea that I will return to at some point.

1 hour ago, VanceEvans said:

Absolutly stunning! Keep it up!?

Will try out this mod here one of the days

Yes please! The more types of anthro mods the better. I am currently filling a neighborhood up with furries, but I am starting to have too many of the same species.

Thanks for the kind words.  Everything will be in order once the lizards takes over.???

I am really suprised how much traffic this is getting, relatively speaking. It speaks a lot to the volume of people this site attracts.

7 hours ago, Saurianthrope said:

Thanks for the input, I am totally on board with you here! I definitly think it could be cool to frame the mod better, or add 'flow' to it as you put it. In fact, what I would really like to do would be to figure out if there would be a way to essentially inheritet the CAS part(s).

Yeah, to be honest the main issue with all the great anthro mods around (like this one, or SaveState and its derivatives) is that they mess up the "natural" flow of a Sims game where your sims get older and have kids to carry on the dynasty and so on. So either you run with a specific sim/household 'till they die and call it a day/jump to another household, or you have to endure lame ooman kids in your happy anthro family 'till they become teens (which I guess others may not mind, but I pass, and I think I'm not the only one :classic_unsure:).

Having toddler/child compatible versions of the assets in here (scrubbed of anything that shouldn't be there for them, of course) would be a boon, since even when having to manually (re-)add the parts on generation and when going through life stage jumps, it's a minor annoyance compared to not having it at all.

I do seem to recall that I was succesful in tieing the CAS part to a custom trait, (albeit one that could only be added through the console). So there are a lot of options here, but I will need to expand my technical knowledge on Sims mods a bit.

Oh, is that a thing? Once toddler/kid-compatible parts are available, getting them to "stick" across age jumps somehow would be the next step.

I dunno much about how Sims works and its modding possibilities (more of a Bethesda game kind of dude), but I always wondered if it was possible to somehow tie all the parts together so the game would automatically add matching furry parts to kids and then keep them all the way to Teen (which AFAIK shares parts with YA/Adult/Elder so they should already stick from then on).

Then the next step would be to somehow create a "genetics" system where the game would read the furry parts on the parents and create a "mix" for their kids from them where compatible. Like for example a SaveState cat and dog having kids with cat faces but dog tails and ears (or the other way around), or a SavS cat and a Lizardman from here having a "full" Lizardman and a full SavS cat as kids (since your assets and SavS' aren't cross-compatible).

As I said I don't know much about what can and cannot be done in Sims so I dunno if this is just a pipe dream or it's feasible but would require quite some complex scripting or whatever. I just thought I'd bring the idea up, is all. :classic_shy:

In specific I think it would make a lot of things easier if the Sim "beneath" the CAS part still looked relatively normal when the part is removed.

Doesn't that happen already, though? You just add a "mouth" part, so you could in theory make a "normal" sim that looks however you like, and then add the custom parts from this mod to have them look lizard-y.

I'll admit I have yet to play around much with it (as I said above), but for example that's how SaveState does it: the custom head/ears/tails/whatever are Face Details, and the custom skins are tattoos. Remove both, and you get whatever sim was "underneath" before you started the "Furryfication"... mostly. The only parts that can interfere with the "base" sim are the skin tone (which isn't bugged or anything, it just doesn't look "natural" since it's gray) and the eye preset (which does look buggy and distorted as hell on human faces).

In this case you don't seem to use/require the latter and the former depends on what skin the player wants (and then again, alien skins and such shouldn't be buggy or anything either, it will just be weird to see a "normal" sim with green/red/blue alien skin colors).

I might look into compatibility with some specific popular mods as well, it all might depend on how they use textures.

Honestly, other than Berni I can't think of any other parts that may fit/be feasible to add built-in support for, but if there's anything else that could get it too, guess it's always good to do so if you're up for it.

I dropped the idea of a tail myself, since I wasn't really satisfied with the lack of animation. It might be an idea that I will return to at some point.

Yeah, the fact that tails are pretty much "pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey" as there's no vanilla support for anything like tails is unfortunate. We've had to deal with that issue in Fallout 4 as well, though at least it has "long coat cloth physics" to add some movement to the tails.

I think BetLV made actual rigged tails and added animations for them for several vanilla idles, but apparently TS4 has a limit on the amount of extra bones the skeleton/rig can have and thus adding the tail bones required removing several WW/genitals bones, so... it kinda broke all WW-compatible/based naughty bits. :classic_undecided:

Ah yes! More anthros! Fantastic work, my dude!

I dig the idea of a lizard of any kind... though I have to ask if it'd be possible to remove the spines and make them a hair piece instead? That face could be used for some other lizard species, but the spines make it very "Beardy" to me, which I'd love to make a blue-tongued skink with it!

Yes! Yes I am interested (and DLing ;p).  Crazy to say But i like the looks of your screen shots, the critters look believable.  I do enjoy cartoony furries, but only when their well in cartoons.  Sims4 is alot more real life and so I like my furries to reflect that.  Now I finally have some more i can add besides EachUisge's Khajiits/Ohmes_Raht.  (BTW if you havnt figure out how to apply your skins to kids and toddlers you might wana have a look at that mod, everything works for toddlers on up cept the tails, which were later added for children but still not tots (cause tots cant wear the slot for the tail I think).

Anyways this looks like an awesome mod, and if your looking for another to do, PLS pls pls do a Canine / Wolf that looks believable.  My personal faves and no one has done anything decent with them yet.

So I got a chance this morning (or night depending on how you count your days and nights, I've not been to bed yet, so still night to me lol) to create one of these guys for my game.  I used the base alien red color for him and set the slider to as dark as it would go (so he didnt look pink) and then I applied exuablv-scale_top_tattoo (red obviously) on him (cause i noticed the whole chest to torso area was pretty much flesh and i wanted more scales) and I think it looks awesome!  All I need now is a reptile tail for him. Screen shot for you incase your interested attached =)

I went ahead and used your male bits, but i was a bit unhappy that it came with dangly bits, as well reptiles dont have those.  Still the member itself looks alot better than the other reptile member i found in another mod ages past (it looks like a very cheap dildo with plastic spikes at them end.)  I was very tempted to also use the soft reptile bit from that mod, and the stiff one from yours, but I cant wrap my head around the dangly bits magicaly appearing and then dissapearing back inside again after lol.  So if your doing requests, uhm Tail Please = ) and a version of the male bits without the danglies would be lovely!  anyways thank you very much for this mod, Im sure it will see alot of use in my games from now on.

02-27-21_5-39-06 AM.png

7 minutes ago, ahnkra said:

i was a bit unhappy that it came with dangly bits, as well reptiles dont have those.  Still the member itself looks alot better than the other reptile member i found in another mod ages past (it looks like a very cheap dildo with plastic spikes at them end.)

Berni's Collection has an anatomically-correct lizard/reptile dong with no external testicles and which retracts into a slit when non-erect. You may want to check that one out, though I'm not sure whether the textures from here will be compatible or not.

I was very tempted to also use the soft reptile bit from that mod, and the stiff one from yours, but I cant wrap my head around the dangly bits magicaly appearing and then dissapearing back inside again after lol.

...you do know that's how reptile dicks work, right? Or I guess I should say "cloacas"to be specific. There's only a slit when "soft/flaccid/non-erect" and the dick just pops out of it when appropriate.

Unless you mean the testicles in particular and not the dick itself, in which case the lizard dong in the mod I linked above doesn't have them so that shouldn't be a problem.

yep i was referring to the balls, or dangly bits (and yes i know reps and birds and water mammals have retractables with no danglies, hence my comment) lol Ill check berni's again to see how things have come along over there and see if / how it works out with this mod.  Havnt viewed his work since he released back in June or so of last year, and there were only cats, dogs, and horses then.

Okay so Berni's Dragon looks good for action = ) though I think im sticking to MiniGiles Love Below for the flacid state, it removes (or covers up not sure which) the pubes.  Also just for fun since I downloaded everything anyway, i tried on the tails and they Look good in that they are size appropriate and positioned correctly, sadly they dont pick up the skin tones, and always show as black.  Which would be good if I decided to do one of these guys all in black = ) Or if we can figure out how to get the tails to color match the rest of the skin.  Also the legs dont quiet match up, but i remember that needing a work around in the past, even if i dont currently remember how that was done, might research it all again to see if I can make it work cause Berni's raptor feet look pretty good on these guys too minus the bit of oddness from me not installing / using them right.  Oh and berni's pelts play real nice with this mod as well, so for anyone who like the dragons to be furry and furry thats an option!  I think the red panda skin/pelt made a most striking figure combined with the lizards asthetics.  Obviously none of the hairs worked, but i tried that too as I saw someone post before me they would like that option.

4 hours ago, ahnkra said:

Or if we can figure out how to get the tails to color match the rest of the skin.

As I've mentioned before, not an expert on Sims 4 modding but I assume the way to do that would be to edit this mod's "body" overlay/skin to add a matching texture on the area used by Berni's tail.

Hello,

First, I'd like to say, amazing work! It looks really good, and I'll be looking forward to any improvements you'll make, but even in its current state, its just amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing this with people!

Secondly, I'd like to report an issue I'm getting, but I have no clue why this is happening. Basically, the tongue gets stuck perpetually in its default position for me, and refuses to animate in any way. I tried it without any mods, even tested it on a freshly installed copy of the game, but it just doesn't fix it. And it doesn't seem like anyone else got this issue yet, so I'm really curious about what could be causing this, unless it would be the 21st anniversary update, but again, I think people would have noticed given the very recent posts.

This means that, in game, whatever animation plays out, the tongue remains where its meant to be on an idle sim. So  a sleeping lizard will have a stretched flying tongue over their head. I included a picture from CAS. I can still live with that bug, but its kinda weird to look at.

Also, in case any of the packs could be the issue, I have tried without any packs installed. Its still the same issue, so I guess it somehow dislike my computer?

If anyone has any idea of what could be causing this, feel free to propose a solution.

Lizardtongue.png

On 2/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, Chizuru said:

Hello,

First, I'd like to say, amazing work! It looks really good, and I'll be looking forward to any improvements you'll make, but even in its current state, its just amazing stuff. Thank you for sharing this with people!

Secondly, I'd like to report an issue I'm getting, but I have no clue why this is happening. Basically, the tongue gets stuck perpetually in its default position for me, and refuses to animate in any way. I tried it without any mods, even tested it on a freshly installed copy of the game, but it just doesn't fix it. And it doesn't seem like anyone else got this issue yet, so I'm really curious about what could be causing this, unless it would be the 21st anniversary update, but again, I think people would have noticed given the very recent posts.

This means that, in game, whatever animation plays out, the tongue remains where its meant to be on an idle sim. So  a sleeping lizard will have a stretched flying tongue over their head. I included a picture from CAS. I can still live with that bug, but its kinda weird to look at.

Also, in case any of the packs could be the issue, I have tried without any packs installed. Its still the same issue, so I guess it somehow dislike my computer?

If anyone has any idea of what could be causing this, feel free to propose a solution.

Lizardtongue.png

Mine

its a bug, can you fix it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...