SexoutNG Framework - Installation Guide for Beginners

I being where I am in the modding knowledge area can see things that might be confusing to newer users. Mostly I am able to resolved the easier items. Thinking however I might be able to make some very (crazy) simple additions like installation and basic setup of FOMM, FNVedit etc. Simple. I could also make a post with useful links with the communities help post links both here, (preferred) and elsewhere. Links like vault tutorial for those interested in the GECK. Links to installation instructions like your post. The fast exit fix, so on and so forth. Before I do that I would need to think some time on what needs to be included and how to lay out the post for ease of reading and general usefulness. If I can make the info I can at least update and find links to it.. In time I believe we will see what is needed and maybe work to solve those needs in quick easy couple of steps. Like what you covered but even more simple. For example. NVSE installation, NVSE extender 11 link and installation. FNVedit installation. BOSS options and installation. Sometimes it isn't what you know but how you use it.

It needs to be simple direct and to the point using common simple words where ever possible. You are aware of the issues of different languages and many of LL members natively speak different languages.

If all else fails I can look at it like this... a learning experience. .. If I can understand it enough to make something to help I can do it. Anything I don't understand I can ask or post r/t it.

It might take some time because I have to think about this a little more. It takes me time to do something but usually when I start doing things it is usually pretty good. (like my " helping people all over the place" )

I just noticed you are a moderator.. weren't you a contributor a short time before? If so Congratulations.  If not I need to get my eyes checked. .. :unsure: If I would of known that I would of ran the ideas I had for CK's post through you.

Duh, now I understand your post... slaps self in the head.. I didn't catch "pin it". .. duh.

Sure, now that I have deleted what I wrote before .. :blush: now I missed things that should be obvious to me... 

I will post it or contact you or whatever so that you can do the magic that you do.. posting, pinning etc.

Maybe sometime after I get my eyes checked.... !!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the folder structure in the archive of the extender would install it to the wrong location, we are going to copy the files manually to their correct place.  Navigate to your Fallout New Vegas data folder. You will find it usually under steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/data. Check if there is a folder named "NVSE". If not create a folder called "NVSE". Inside that folder needs to be a folder called "plugins". Same as before, if it doesn't exist, create it yourself. Now copy both .dll files of the extender in this plugin folder. If you've done it correctly, it should look something like this:

the files that are in the pic are not in my folder or anywhere on my PC so were can i download them again and were and how do i put them in the FOMM.

and dont tell me to read it i have 10 times and it still make no sense.

the files that are in the pic are not in my folder or anywhere on my PC so were can i download them again and were and how do i put them in the FOMM.

and dont tell me to read it i have 10 times and it still make no sense.

What doesn't make sense? There is a link in the OP directly to the NVSE Extender 11. It is clear with all the other requirements. I don't understand what doesn't make sense.

Since the folder structure in the archive of the extender would install it to the wrong location, we are going to copy the files manually to their correct place

Maybe if you read it another time perhaps the 11th time it might make sense? It is pretty clear that the instructions that you yourself used as a quote indicate that files need to be installed "MANUALLY" .

The picture below the quote you used clearly shows where to put the files after downloading. Your files for you game might be in a different location so that requires you to know where you installed Fallout New Vegas but the rest is the same.

I can't think of any way to make it any more simple than what was posted by BruceWayne. You need to have some patience and some rudimentary knowledge of how to operate your computer to be able to mod. You are also expected to fully read and understand the posted instructions. In this case "manual installation" was clear. There were no mention on using FOMM to install the extender.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes once I pressed "esc" their is no MCM option. it only has the basic "continue, setting ...ect" buttons.  But when i deactivate MCM and go back into the game a window pops saying  "this save has content that is now missing" I think the mod is working but the MCM is just not showing up. I hope that makes sense. 

Sorry It doesn't make sense to me but at least now I know that you are aware of the "esc" and to start it. At first I thought you were expecting it to pop up "in game" as actually in the game. Sorry sometimes people make very simple mistakes here and you being a new user I just wanted to make sure.

I am at a loss. I would suggest that you first check the Fallout tech support thread in case there are other MCM issues and then if you cannot find one post your issues in a new post. There are many people here and there will be more eyes and more importantly many experienced eyes on the post. Remember to post what you have done, what is happening and most importantly post your load order. (with the MCM installed ) There might be some other issues like other HUD mods running etc.

Posting here won't get you the many expert's eyes that you need to get this fixed quickly. I will keep an eye out for that post and if I think or find anything I will post there.

I Just tried it again and a error popped up saying "you were unable to access the MCM menu, the problem  occurs because NVSE plugin is missing or  a firewall/UAC is preventing accesses." for some reason that is now appearing when ever i press the "esc" key for the fist time in a game.  

I tried Uninstalling FOMM then re installing it. Now when ever i try doing anything In FOMM (like adding mods or selecting a tool) it crashes. Any way to fix that?

Sorry It doesn't make sense to me but at least now I know that you are aware of the "esc" and to start it. At first I thought you were expecting it to pop up "in game" as actually in the game. Sorry sometimes people make very simple mistakes here and you being a new user I just wanted to make sure.

I am at a loss. I would suggest that you first check the Fallout tech support thread in case there are other MCM issues and then if you cannot find one post your issues in a new post. There are many people here and there will be more eyes and more importantly many experienced eyes on the post. Remember to post what you have done, what is happening and most importantly post your load order. (with the MCM installed ) There might be some other issues like other HUD mods running etc.

Posting here won't get you the many expert's eyes that you need to get this fixed quickly. I will keep an eye out for that post and if I think or find anything I will post there.

I Just tried it again and a error popped up saying "you were unable to access the MCM menu, the problem  occurs because NVSE plugin is missing or  a firewall/UAC is preventing accesses." for some reason that is now appearing when ever i press the "esc" key for the fist time in a game.  

I tried Uninstalling FOMM then re installing it. Now when ever i try doing anything In FOMM (like adding mods or selecting a tool) it crashes. Any way to fix that?

I strongly advise you to go to the tech support area for help for the best chance to help you with your issue. The issue isn't understanding or related to the basic install of Sexout as this post is for. With a fresh post in tech support you should get quicker and more informed help. I don't understand why you are having this issue so I can't help further.

jamm you are possibly correct either kingbudo is missing NVSE or not starting the game with NVSE :s

attachicon.gifLaunch FNV with NVSE.JPG

Another possibility is that the for some reason there is a block in the firewall for the game. Unlikely though.

I tried that already. I'm guessing its the fire wall is the issue. Anyone know how to change the settings to allow it.?

Edit: Nope just tried it. it still doesn't work. Any other ideas? Also do i really need MCM because its becoming a real bitch to get running.