Nioh 2 - Modding Thread and Discussion -

1 hour ago, sullivan said:

So the body itself has holes for the moment until someone can fix this.

But what about arms and shoes. Are there arm/food guard models that without displayed textures shows just the hands and feet correctly? If so it would be great if someone could do that. Always good to have these for combination with other mods.

Here you go, refashion to Genmei Bracers and shoes for bare hands and feet.

Bare Hands - Feet.ini

Thank you everyone who made this great tool, and everyone who made mod yet! :D

I have to ask a thing:

In the launcher (not the game), open settings (2nd button from the top) and
   change everything to the left-most option (lower quality options are known
   not to work).

What does it mean? Is it left over from Nioh 1, because Nioh 2 does not have launcher, if i can tell? And second, i can only run low shadow to get at least 30 frame on my bad card, so probably, this say that "Shadows" mod will not work? I did try it i game with button Shift F2 but could not tell difference i think

On 2/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, ShaolinKitsune said:

So, The bandages have 3D width so just retexturing it, its still going to have strips with their own depth.  The other issue is skin color. As far as I know how migoto works getting it to match the skin color of the character is pretty tough. Because you're creating a texture you'd have to set it to your characters skin color so its not an end all solution for everyone.

Hell I havent even been able to pull the skin texture out of the game yet. So if someone finds it I would appreciate knowing where you found it. That and Tattoo textures.

Is it possible to only support the preset colors and a limited amount of body weights though?

26 minutes ago, kulado said:

How did you manage to do this?

I got no idea if this will work but try it. Open this, set it up to nioh 2 when its running, in game, change the value from 0 to 1 and then lock it with the tick box on the left. Might not work, I'm terrible at ce tables.nioh2 test.CT

Also, the weapon acts really weird, you don't see your equipped one, if you do a brute burst counter the club vanishes, if you turn into yokai or do a yokai riposte, the weapon will be hooked up to your hands. I want to get it to work properly but I think I'd rather change meshes, which I'm stupid, so that'll take me a long time to figure out.

49 minutes ago, coma987 said:

I got no idea if this will work but try it. Open this, set it up to nioh 2 when its running, in game, change the value from 0 to 1 and then lock it with the tick box on the left. Might not work, I'm terrible at ce tables.nioh2 test.CT

Also, the weapon acts really weird, you don't see your equipped one, if you do a brute burst counter the club vanishes, if you turn into yokai or do a yokai riposte, the weapon will be hooked up to your hands. I want to get it to work properly but I think I'd rather change meshes, which I'm stupid, so that'll take me a long time to figure out.

I wasn't able to get this to work but I'll mess around with it.

a solution might just be to make the club invisible altogether. People are working hard so hopefully we'll see more progress and mesh importing one day. Thanks for the effort.

11 hours ago, kulado said:

I wasn't able to get this to work but I'll mess around with it.

a solution might just be to make the club invisible altogether. People are working hard so hopefully we'll see more progress and mesh importing one day. Thanks for the effort.

Ah shame, if you want it to do for yourself, go to training grounds, turn into a yokai, look for value of 1, then turn back human, next scan for 0, keep repeating that until you have only 20 or so values, change them one by one to 1, eventually you should get it.

Then to save it you can do this

Right-click the address and click Pointer scan for this address.
Click OK to accept the default settings, or you may want to boost the Max level to 5.
Once it's done searching, reload the game and reattach Cheat Engine.
In the Pointer scan window, select Pointer scanner > Rescan memory.
Enter the new Address to find.
Hopefully there are still some results. Add one of those to your table.

So I was messing around with Okuni's attire and I found this:

Spoiler

image.png.5f20b97326325d317b21355821f7c3a9.png

She seems to have a chest mesh or whatever, rather than an abyss where the chest should be, like it is with the wrappings. I personally can't do much with this but I assume this information might be useful for you more experienced modders.